Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew (27196 Views)

Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers / AIT Benin Shut Down, Sacks All Workers / Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by chronique(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
That's a typo error but thanks for pointing it out. Even the best authors make mistakes and that's why there's something called "proofreading". Sorry to burst your bubble;I started creating jobs for myself and others,9 yrs ago.
ExInferis:

The item in bold is the reason some people are fired or cannot get jobs.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by cruzyteejay(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
And that's business for you
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by ExInferis(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
chronique:
That's a typo error but thanks for pointing it out. Even the best authors make mistakes and that's why there's something called "proofreading". Sorry to burst your bubble;I started creating jobs for myself and others,9 yrs ago.

That's no typo. You'd the time and presence of mind to hyphenate a single word into a prefixed one but you didn't have the time to "proofread" it.

Accept your handicap and move on.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by eleko1: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
God bless U. Since that man Oshimole(he's not a saint anyway but he tried sha)leave out NLC,those there now are either cripple,blind/dumb.Some are now govt pikin running up N down with their briefcase looking for contract.Once they gathered and shout out their lung in the name of protest,that is the end.They can't talk cos dey don collect their own loot.Miserable set of union
amicable09:

Hahahaha. Well, they can't totally stop it but they can do something here, employee rights have been violated. You give them 3 weeks notice to pack out but if they were to resign and tendered their resignation letter 3 weeks to the date they plan on leaving, they will be served a lawsuit. It is only in Nigeria this kind of crap is condoned.

I go to careers section and read stuff about indians abusing Nigerians working for them. What nonsense! Things they will not try in their home country and these Nigerians as many as they are can't speak up and they remain there forming loyalty and all what not. Anyway, this is Nigeria where we don't know how to be our brother's keeper, every little thing becomes a tribal matter. We love to push things aside and make it look like if it happened to someone from that tribe, it's ok, they deserve it. Until we become one Nigeria we can't put an end to this.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by smoothlips(m): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:
Eya. I know someone directly affected. Poor crew members undecided Those guys were enjoying big time o!

I pray Labour union intervenes, it is wrong to lay-off/fire people for no reason.
so it is true then...
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by arabianights: 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
chronique:

more grease to your elbow.My dear carry go, when you are busy making money and thinking of ideas ,you are bound to make errors,right ? hell who doesnt? you own your business so you get to hire people to write with out messing up..... even bill gates does wink

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by arabianights: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
ExInferis:

That's no typo. You'd the time and presence of mind to hyphenate a single word into a prefixed one but you didn't have the time to "proofread" it.

you really took the time to analyse the construction of her sentences? hmmmmmm
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Iko5000: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
but this is a different story, nothing to do with Nigeria
drnoel:

OP u Bloggers will not kill the public with misrepresentation of Facts and reports.
Pls see link to read full Story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/3332031/Virgin-sacks-cabin-crew-for-insulting-passengers-on-Facebook.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/virgin-atlantic-sacks-13-staff-for-calling-its-flyers-chavs-982192.html

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by arabianights: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
ExInferis:

That's no typo. You'd the time and presence of mind to hyphenate a single word into a[b] prefixed one[/b] but you didn't have the time to "proofread" it.

i dont understand ...'you'd' and then you dont need to use "one" after prefix. i guess you meant to write "..........hyphenate a single word into a prefix..." go ask any english teacher,
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by chronique(m): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Why not look up the meaning of what a "typo" is,and what "proofreading" means? Some of you are just overzealous for no reason. A typo is any error made in a typing process and it could be words spelt wrongly(like I did there). Quit acting like you know too much when in essence,you know very little.
ExInferis:

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by favourlove1: 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cpumping:
the president clearly has not mapped out any economic strategy, has kept d country stand still for 6months.

Richard branson is just being a business man.

sorry to all those affected.
abio! Who wan lose? Is nigeria paying his staff? If him owe now them go talk so its better to prune to a bearable minimum
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by favourlove1: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
abbey621:

Fake journalism! The owner made a statement long ago before the incidence, it has nothing to do with the affected staff. Also to those commenting, what has Buhari got to do with this?
its got a lot oooo! Cuz even my friend who works with a multinational has started complaining that things have changed from bad to worse as the bad economic policies is seriously affecting the coy. Hence, the reduction in some allowances they usually get. We r in for a long ride
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by amicable09(f): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
smoothlips:

so it is true then...

Yea, it is. Only I don't know the exact number of crew members affected.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Amakortee: 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
He wants them to go and use their heads like he used he's at age 16
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by teepsee(f): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
The government should also lay them off but before that, let the right thing be done
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Vikto: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Who will not be weary of doing genuine business with a Government that glorified corruption to the highest level. Even the devil was out smarted by some of the senior officials of the immediate past administration.
Watch and see if the man will not return to Nigeria in this dispensation.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by 9jatatafo(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
Don't believe this poo is true
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by 400billionman: 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cost Cutting.

Buhari is Working.

Effect of Body Odour.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Goldencollins: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
what do you expect when your President fly around the world telling who ever cares to listen how broke and corrupt Nigerians are. We shall see the end of this.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Goldencollins: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Vikto:
Who will not be weary of doing genuine business with a Government that glorified corruption to the highest level. Even the devil was out smarted by some of the senior officials of the immediate past administration.
Watch and see if the man will not return to Nigeria in this dispensation.
please which dispensation was these air hostesses sacked?
some people have flushed their brain down the toilet.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by taofeektaiwo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Enlighten us if have smth to say
abbey621:

Fake journalism! The owner made a statement long ago before the incidence, it has nothing to do with the affected staff. Also to those commenting, what has Buhari got to do with this?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by taofeektaiwo(m): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
guy u wicked oooo
victorazy:

plz is that the size of ur brain?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by ExInferis(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
chronique:
Why not look up the meaning of what a "typo" is,and what "proofreading" means? Some of you are just overzealous for no reason. A typo is any error made in a typing process and it could be words spelt wrongly(like I did there). Quit acting like you know too much when in essence,you know very little.

Stop huffing and puffing. It's not even about the spelling. It's the hyphen.

"co-incedence "

Really?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by ExInferis(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
arabianights:

i dont understand ...'you'd' and then you dont need to use "one" after prefix. i guess you meant to write "..........hyphenate a single word into a prefix..." go ask any english teacher,

You'd = you had

"hyphenate a single word into a prefix" is wrong. He didn't create a prefix, he created a word WITH a prefix, thus " prefixed one". The "one" here refers to the word prefixed.

Co- = prefix

Incedence = word

Co-incedence = prefixed word.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by tiwiex(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cpumping:
the president clearly has not mapped out any economic strategy, has kept d country stand still for 6months.

Richard branson is just being a business man.

sorry to all those affected.

I agree with u. When he tried to run Virgin Nigeria, our system confused him. He created jobs then na. Then he sold off to dear OG Jimoh Ibrahim. The business man with no history. Our fellow Nigerian and the man ran it under. When Jimoh ran Virgin Nigeria under, how many of you posted about it? He chopped all their tax and pension contribution. Let us leave uncle Richard alone oh. Face our people.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by ExInferis(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
arabianights:

you really took the time to analyse the construction of her sentences? hmmmmmm

Yep.

Just like you took the time to write what you did.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by drnoel: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Iko5000:
but this is a different story, nothing to do with Nigeria

thats the Story those Bloggers picked their juice from.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by arabianights: 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
ExInferis:

You'd = you had

"hyphenate a single word into a prefix" is wrong. He didn't create a prefix, he created a word WITH a prefix, thus " prefixed one". The "one" here refers to the word prefixed.

Co- = prefix

Incedence = word

Co-incedence = prefixed word.

boss no deceive your self.getting on the internet just to make fool of someone is not worth it coz you are still not correct.

by the way.... you'd is never ever used in formal writting.please dont respond ,get off your ass and meet an english teacher.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
this why i hate all the employments that doesnt have any insurance cover. one will just wake up one day and loose his/her job.. no reason from the employer.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by delishpot: 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
costandi:
We should as well lay them out of our country!

They did. He Richard was complaining about corruption and bribery. He said he was barely making profit in naija. Plus he doesnt want to be involved in bribery of govt officials so he used his hands to pack his airlnner and left Naija.

All in all sha he should pay them their dues
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by abbey621(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
favourlove1:
its got a lot oooo! Cuz even my friend who works with a multinational has started complaining that things have changed from bad to worse as the bad economic policies is seriously affecting the coy. Hence, the reduction in some allowances they usually get. We r in for a long ride

Virgin has been laying off staffs for a long time, not only Nigerian staff. Yes they are having a difficult time due to economic problems but it is not specific to Nigeria. Yes some Nigerian staffs have been laid off and they are reducing their exposure to the amount of investments from Nigeria but they've been doing that since 2013, so why act as if it is Buhari's administration that is causing the recession?

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by abbey621(m): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
taofeektaiwo:
Enlighten us if have smth to say

If you need enlightenment then Google is your friend. Information is free on the net for those who actively seek it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? / Why Must Men Demand To Sleep With Female Marketers Before Buying AD Space?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.