Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience (5821 Views)

OPINION: Buhari Is To Blame For Recent Biafra Agitations- By Femi Aribisala / Britain Finally Speak Out On The Recent Biafra Agitations / The Mistake Nigeria Made During The Biafra Uprising 1967 - 1970. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
omoelesa:
pls can u post the coment here.We all know u people are too vindictive, and carry too much hatred in your heart because of the biafra war.The reason while u hate him was because of the biafra war and u people tribalistic nature.
the man is old for Gods sake even if they were to conduct a re-election i would still vote gej again
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
madjnr:
you're a fool.. Out of the 250 tribes in Nigeria... Only igbos are complaining... Bunch of selfish people.... Why didn't the itsekiri or ibibio or kanuri complain mumu

You entire dirty family are the bigger fool..continue enjoying your crumps...its not for the giant...bastarrd!

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Nope, the first political blunder was the SE's blanket rejection of the APC which determines appointments in liaison with Buhari who they also collectively rejected BEFORE the elections, hence placing all their eggs in one basket which crashed disastrously . Let's not rewrite history here.

Everything went down from then on.

between gej and pmb, gej was a neater option.... We all played politics, some lost and many more won.. The task of nation building was ahead of us but because the person at the helm of affairs who felt ired by their political choice told the whole world of the 5% political theory..... That alone is a fact we can't plaster under the tiles

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2015
omoelesa:
Going to other part of nigeria for the ibos was because money. We have seen ibos going to unfavorable place like Borno state.It wasnt because they like kanuri people that made them to go there.They are lots of ibo youth on the meditteran sea trying to cross to europe u wants to tell me they love that path.
do you know that one of the reasons why the north is lagging behind in human capital development is because of their conservative attitude to outside world. The Igbo's going and earning a living in 'unfavorable places' was actually working to strengthen the nation... But too bad we aren't seeing it like that.
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by QuotaSystem: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
Exactly, you played ethnic politics as a collective while clearly not at a numerical advantage, it was a poor political calculation which was worsened by your refusal to elect Ibo APC candidates that would have been your representatives today.

You lost the Senate Presidency to this fact.

Bubewilson:
between gej and pmb, gej was a neater option.... We all played politics, some lost and many more won.. The task of nation building was ahead of us but because the person at the helm of affairs who felt ired by their political choice told the whole world of the 5% political theory..... That alone is a fact we can't plaster under the tiles
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Exactly, you played ethnic politics as a collective while clearly not at a numerical advantage, it was a poor political calculation which was worsened by your refusal to elect Ibo APC candidates that would have been your representatives today.

You lost the Senate Presidency to this fact.

I am not trying to change your views but we need to draw a line where politics stops and nation building begins. That is where the presidency is faulted... Showing the ethnic card at a time he would have reunited all of us after the elections.

Even if our political choices failed us... There were still other avenues to forge ahead as one but what followed next ethno-political permutations which down played a very vital part of the country.

Pls if you wronged your father by the choice you made won't he forgive you?
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
GentleToks:
Rubbish you wrote up there!!!!

Igbos of today are as useless as their progenitors. Yes, you guys are nothing but worthless and greedy animals in human skin.

Tell me one good thing that has ever come out of your region towards Nigeria as Nation and other Nigerians?

The problem of Igbos is quite simple but they have chosen to be a Judge in their own case or their behaviour towards others despite all complaints about their repulsive attitude towards others. As an individual, if a friend calls your attention to certain attitude of yours towards him, would you ignore him and tell him to go to hell or take a look into what he is complaining about as a good friend?

Marginalisation.

I was 6 years old when i began to read and listen to this marginalisation rhetoric from Igbos. It has always been their bargaining tools when it comes to Federal appointments or federal presence in South East but over the years, other Nigerians have got used to this marginalisation rhetoric and it doesn't make any sense to them anymore.

Historically, Igbos have enjoyed federal appointments and presence than any tribe in the south. It amazes me when i heard or read about this Igbos marginalisation.

From independence till date, Igbos has benefited most from central government than any tribe in the south. I want you to take a look at the list of Igbos appointees in 1st Republic and 2nd Republic.

Igbos formed the first government with hausas/fulanis and this alliance was what made Nnamdi Azumi we

The igbo coup came which eventually destroyed our flourishing regional system.

Civil war came and gone

2nd Republic was Igbos and hausas/Fulanis government again and that produced Alex Ekwueme.

Go and read your history....

Your mama smelly toto.
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by QuotaSystem: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
Bubewilson:
I am not trying to change your views but we need to draw a line where politics stops and nation building begins. That is where the presidency is faulted... Showing the ethnic card at a time he would have reunited all of us after the elections.

Even if our political choices failed us... There were still other avenues to forge ahead as one but what followed next ethno-political permutations which down played a very vital part of the country.

Pls if you wronged your father by the choice you made won't he forgive you?

To this, I agree. To say there was no measure of vindictiveness on our part as well, would be dishonest.
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Who the hell care about you and your appointment? Advice your senseless president to sign to the separation of Nigeria and see if the Biafrans will not be so happy to that.

Look at parasite asking what we contribute to Nigeria as if we haven't given enough. As corrupt as North is, states like Kaduna, Katrina Kano get what from the federal allocation and generate what as IGR? Am sure this alone will tell you how parasitic you are to Nigeria.

We are ready to let you be and allow you to enjoy all you contributions. Since we don't contribute anything, why can't Nigeria let Biafra be?

Lazy bones

GentleToks:
Rubbish you wrote up there!!!!

Igbos of today are as useless as their progenitors. Yes, you guys are nothing but worthless and greedy animals in human skin.

Tell me one good thing that has ever come out of your region towards Nigeria as Nation and other Nigerians?

The problem of Igbos is quite simple but they have chosen to be a Judge in their own case or their behaviour towards others despite all complaints about their repulsive attitude towards others. As an individual, if a friend calls your attention to certain attitude of yours towards him, would you ignore him and tell him to go to hell or take a look into what he is complaining about as a good friend?

Marginalisation.

I was 6 years old when i began to read and listen to this marginalisation rhetoric from Igbos. It has always been their bargaining tools when it comes to Federal appointments or federal presence in South East but over the years, other Nigerians have got used to this marginalisation rhetoric and it doesn't make any sense to them anymore.

Historically, Igbos have enjoyed federal appointments and presence than any tribe in the south. It amazes me when i heard or read about this Igbos marginalisation.

From independence till date, Igbos has benefited most from central government than any tribe in the south. I want you to take a look at the list of Igbos appointees in 1st Republic and 2nd Republic.

Igbos formed the first government with hausas/fulanis and this alliance was what made Nnamdi Azumi we

The igbo coup came which eventually destroyed our flourishing regional system.

Civil war came and gone

2nd Republic was Igbos and hausas/Fulanis government again and that produced Alex Ekwueme.

Go and read your history....

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by cirmuell(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
Phuck ur feelings. tongue
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
QuotaSystem:

To this, I agree. To say there was no measure of vindictiveness on our part as well, would be dishonest.
Thank you sir and may God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by QuotaSystem: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
Bubewilson:
Thank you sir and may God bless you.

God bless you too. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
QuotaSystem:

@Bubewilson : God bless you. I comend your patience to tutor Quotasystem into seeing some faults..
@Quotasystem : I take back my insults and wishes you all that you are wishing me...

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by RisingSun1: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
omoelesa:
When u people were enjoying all the appointment under Gej things were all right then, u people even taunted and insulted other tribe.Yorubas didnt get much attention under Gej,did they call for break up of nigeria.Now, that Gej is no longer in aso rock u sudenly biafra.U think u can blackmail us with biafra?
Nobody is blackmailing the useless country called nigeria.Don't give us appointment,don't give us projects and don't even promise us presidency.

All we want is Biafra!
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by tck2000(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Facts Emerge About President Muhammadu Buhari / 2333 / Re- We Can Generate Any Amount Of Electricity With Erinle Fueless Engine-mr Erinle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.