Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" (32257 Views)

Construction Of 2 Bedroom Block Of 6 Flats In Owerri,imo State / My Portharcourt Eneka 6 Flats Project. / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
spyder880:

This is a full length 40 ft H beam.

So how many feet on the surface? About 36ft?
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Aug 10, 2016
mufutau55:

So how many feet on the surface? About 36ft?
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Yes Sir, about 4 ft is in the ground resting on steel plates and held by long bolts, then cast with concrete.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2016
mufutau55:

Oga mi, how tall is that water tank stand and how many iron they have to joined together to reach that height?
May be cost if available... I may need something massive like this instead of the wimpy one I have now..

Hajji M.

The total cost for this tank tower is N480k, materials, workmanship/supervision.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 11:19am On Aug 10, 2016
spyder880:

The total cost for this tank tower is N480k, materials, workmanship/supervision.

Thanks very much Boss.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2016
spyder880:

Yes Sir, about 4 ft is in the ground resting on steel plates and held by long bolts, then cast with concrete.

Very good Oga mi. That is what I thought exactly. Thsnk you very much.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by CristoRedentor: 5:16am On Aug 14, 2016
Good Morning Spyder880 - Great job! I find this post very instructive.

Using the current building design, how much would it cost to build from foundation to roofing if it were 2 bedroom flats on both wings?

Also, I seek a plot of land in Owerri North preferrably in the developed/fast developing areas around Owerri-Orlu/Okigwe roads - i.e. Amakaohia, Orji, Uratta or maybe Egbu. Any thoughts about the sale price range?

Thank you
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:13am On Aug 14, 2016
CristoRedentor:
Good Morning Spyder880 - Great job! I find this post very instructive.

Using the current building design, how much would it cost to build from foundation to roofing if it were 2 bedroom flats on both wings?

Also, I seek a plot of land in Owerri North preferrably in the developed/fast developing areas around Owerri-Orlu/Okigwe roads - i.e. Amakaohia, Orji, Uratta or maybe Egbu. Any thoughts about the sale price range?

Thank you
If it were to be 2 wings of similar design 2 bedroom flats, 6 flats will likely cost about N15.5m at today's costs. But prices keeps increasing slowly. A good plot of land in the areas you described will be selling at an average of N4.5m
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by CristoRedentor: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2016
Thank you for your prompt response. God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by CristoRedentor: 3:47am On Aug 16, 2016
Good Morning Spyder880 - i reviewed a few designs by kkonsults and find the attached design to be in sync with my plan. I have reached out to him and await a response. Meanwhile I want to get your thoughts on these:

How much will a design such as this cost to draw?
How much will it cost to build from foundation to roofing?
Is it possible to deck and furnish the ground floor so that my folks can move into the flat while the rest of the building is completed in stages? If so, how much would this cost?

Thank you

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Aug 16, 2016
CristoRedentor:
Good Morning Spyder880 - i reviewed a few designs by kkonsults and find the attached design to be in sync with my plan. I have reached out to him and await a response. Meanwhile I want to get your thoughts on these:

Is it possible to deck and furnish the ground floor so that my folks can move into the flat while the rest of the building is completed in stages? If so, how much would this cost?

Thank you

In the light of current prices, this house will cost you about N17m for the construction till the roof is finished with parapet and good gauge aluminium sheets.

The furnishing of the two ground floor flats with the plastering of the whole outside will take about N8m in today's costs. This finish includes the inner plastering, dressing, electrical wires and fittings, lights, switches and distribution boards, plumbing piping and fittings, tiles and the workmanship, doors and windows, POP ceilings, I can even give you a soakaway system.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by CristoRedentor: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Noted. I shall keep you posted.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by jikings(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
spyder880:

In the light of current prices, this house will cost you about N17m for the construction till the roof is finished with parapet and good gauge aluminium sheets.
The furnishing of the two ground floor flats with the plastering of the whole outside will take about N8m in today's costs. This finish includes the inner plastering, dressing, electrical wires and fittings, lights, switches and distribution boards, plumbing piping and fittings, tiles and the workmanship, doors and windows, POP ceilings, I can even give you a soakaway system.

Oga spyder well done! I'm about to embark on a similar project at Owerri but building a hostel on a plot of land and two storey as your current project is. How much would you roughly estimate for this project from foundation to handing keys? I have been told that i can get 10-11 rooms per level times 3 =33 rooms in total over two floors on the plot? What do you think? Would the 17M you quoted above get me to the same stage with the hostel project?

I have emailed you and would like us to work together so please reply to my mail and this thread too!

Thanks!
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
jikings:

Oga spyder well done! I'm about to embark on a similar project at Owerri but building a hostel on a plot of land and two storey as your current project is. How much would you roughly estimate for this project from foundation to handing keys? I have been told that i can get 10-11 rooms per level times 3 =33 rooms in total over two floors on the plot? What do you think? Would the 17M you quoted above get me to the same stage with the hostel project?

I have emailed you and would like us to work together so please reply to my mail and this thread too!

Thanks!

Please prepare a building plan so we can put the sizes of your planned building into proper consideration before arriving at an cost estimate for the construction. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
Inside the flats and plastering work going on there.....

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
More rooms done........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
The rainy season is so active here, delayed the outside plastering since last week. ......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
Working on the external walls.......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2016
We have completed all inside plastering works for all the rooms in this block of flats. The outside plastering will resume again today after we stopped to give gap for the rains to reduce. The rains has messed up work on the plastering more than 3 days.

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by danowena: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2016
spyder880:
This height of tank tower with this size of H- beam will set you back by about N480k cheesy

Nice one, what are the sizes of this H beam? What thickness is it?
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
danowena:

Nice one, what are the sizes of this H beam? What thickness is it?

6x3" thick type.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by twinskenny(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
CristoRedentor:

Thank you

This is beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by danowena: 5:42am On Sep 14, 2016
spyder880:

6x3" thick type.
Thanks
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by sdbaba: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Pls can anyone in the house advice how many bags of cements are needed to complete the tiling (walls and floor) of a bungalow building?

Total area to be tiled is 285 square meters.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
sdbaba:
Pls can anyone in the house advice how many bags of cements are needed to complete the tiling (walls and floor) of a bungalow building?

Total area to be tiled is 285 square meters.

It depends on a lot of things;

Is your walls "rough plastered" ?

If your walls were rubbed with rough plastering, it could reduce your cement use since the rough plastering took care of the dents on walls and so tiles can sit easily.

The expertise of the tilers

If they know their onions, they will know the right type of mixing ratio to get a good tiling without wasting anything.

Sand type

Some sand are more elastic than others, this will mean that the more coarse a sand is, the more cement it will absorb to sit on flat surfaces.

Level of your floors

If your floors are unevenly sloped and not level, the tiler will be struggling to balance the floor. Such balancing will require filling up some sides to catch up with the others. Such filling will take more cement, and even sand.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by kennykane1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Follow... wink
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
We shall soon return to continue work in this site. We plan to do the

1. Doors
2. Windows
3. Electrical wiring
4. Soak away systems
5. Burglary proof

Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by jikings(m): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hey Oga Spyder,

I have a plot of land at Obinze Owerri 50by 100 that I'll like to fence. I have been quoted 1.2 million for full fence (12 blocks above ground) and a gate. What do you think of the quote and can you deliver cheaper?

Regards
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:10am On Oct 18, 2016
jikings:
Hey Oga Spyder,

I have a plot of land at Obinze Owerri 50by 100 that I'll like to fence. I have been quoted 1.2 million for full fence (12 blocks above ground) and a gate. What do you think of the quote and can you deliver cheaper?

Regards

If the site is not waterlogged, I can do it for N1,150,000
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by emma2002(m): 10:07am On Oct 20, 2016
spyder880:

If the site is not waterlogged, I can do it for N1,150,000
Haba Spyder880...lol

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by val15: 10:07am On Dec 04, 2016
Nice job
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Pchide: 3:45pm On May 04, 2019
Spyder 880how much will this building cost from foundation

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Pchide: 3:47pm On May 04, 2019
Spyder880 if i want this same building how much will it cost from foundation level

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) / 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.