Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" (32254 Views)

Construction Of 2 Bedroom Block Of 6 Flats In Owerri,imo State / My Portharcourt Eneka 6 Flats Project. / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Still forming.......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
More

1 Share

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:17am On Jun 03, 2016
The roofing wood works for this house was completed today. Now we are shopping for roofing sheets to give this house a befitting crown.

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 1:36am On Jun 03, 2016
spyder880:
The roofing wood works for this house was completed today. Now we are shopping for roofing sheets to give this house a befitting crown.

Oga Spyder... what is the height of that King Post?

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:22am On Jun 03, 2016
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder... what is the height of that King Post?

Hajji M.

About 4 meters.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
spyder880:

About 4 meters.

Thanks. My level.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
The completed roof, as seen from inside the compound. ..........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Closer from outside. ........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Getting ready for the roofing sheets. .....

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by slimtik(m): 12:57am On Jun 11, 2016
Chai oga Spyder making building look easy! Ur works make most lecture books on construction look like rocket science. More grease 2 ur elbows my mentor! Oga Spyder one thing though, u haven't been updating us on the cost analysis and breakdown for this project. Please do d needful ASAP!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
slimtik:
Chai oga Spyder making building look easy! Ur works make most lecture books on construction look like rocket science. More grease 2 ur elbows my mentor! Oga Spyder one thing though, u haven't been updating us on the cost analysis and breakdown for this project. Please do d needful ASAP!

It's difficult my friend , the total money agreed for this house for all the construction till the roofing of this house is completed is about N16m. Updating the thread with day to day expenses has been difficult. Please bear with me.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
I just got confirmation that the roofing sheets for this house just arrived at this site this evening. Roofing sheets installation to commence tomorrow. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
We have removed the parapet wood works...........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
Awaiting the roofing sheets, then plastering and dressing. ......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
spyder880:
We have removed the parapet wood works...........

Beautiful sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
mufutau55:

Beautiful sir.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Chekitaut: 3:57am On Jun 15, 2016
spyder880:

Thank you Sir.
Sent you a mail Sir.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2016
Chekitaut:
Sent you a mail Sir.

Ok, will check it now.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:58am On Jun 22, 2016
We have started roofing this house. ........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2016
More. ......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:06am On Jun 22, 2016
Final trimmings, rain gutters and thunder arrestors to be mounted today.

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
@spyder880, nice work you are doing there. Please, when you said 16M for the job, do u mean both buying of materials (blocks, cements E.t.c) or just for consultancy. I'm asking cos my parents raised a building up in Lagos sometime last year, n I can't seem to relate what they paid for t to what u r stating here for a 2-storey building. (Note: the building raised up was just decking n d upper level cos d ground floor was already there). Abeg explain what d 16M was for. Thanks
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
@spyder880, nice work you are doing there. Please, when you said 16M for the job, do u mean both buying of materials (blocks, cements E.t.c) or just for consultancy. I'm asking cos my parents raised a building up in Lagos sometime last year, n I can't seem to relate what they paid for t to what u r stating here for a 2-storey building. (Note: the building raised up was just decking n d upper level cos d ground floor was already there). Abeg explain what d 16M was for. Thanks

The 16 m is for the

1. Purchase of all the building materials from the foundation stage to the roofing stage
2. The payment of all workers and laborers that worked in the house from foundation till the roofing is completed
3. The payment of supervision fees for all supervisors who directed the operations in this house
4. Transportation and movement of men and materials to and fro the site from the start of the foundation till the roofing is completed
5. Payment of consultation and lodging/accommodation for all the supervisors including myself
6. All management related work, including procurement and planning.

All for N16m
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
spyder880:

The 16 m is for the

1. Purchase of all the building materials from the foundation stage to the roofing stage
2. The payment of all workers and laborers that worked in the house from foundation till the roofing is completed
3. The payment of supervision fees for all supervisors who directed the operations in this house
4. Transportation and movement of men and materials to and fro the site from the start of the foundation till the roofing is completed
5. Payment of consultation and lodging/accommodation for all the supervisors including myself
6. All management related work, including procurement and planning.

All for N16m

Chai, them don cheat my P-man them, ontop d fact they even had to change contractor cos the one there duped them of about 99bags of cement (according to mum's calculation n they overlooked t onto "let's forgive him as we r brethren things) Well I'm just encountering the property section of Nairaland, so I'm sure such won't happen again. I also decided to go through your posts and found out that uve been delivering such projects for a long time..... Permit me to say it's a miracle. Na to dey follow u bumper to bumper remain o. Can u give me the estimate of converting a 4-bedroom bungalow with two parlours, to an upstairs? (D building has been roofed already and the roofing will have to be removed). Wanna know how much b4 I go inform my P-man and b4 another contractor go fleece them.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by godello: 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Chai, them don cheat my P-man them, ontop d fact they even had to change contractor cos the one there duped them of about 99bags of cement (according to mum's calculation n they overlooked t onto "let's forgive him as we r brethren things) Well I'm just encountering the property section of Nairaland, so I'm sure such won't happen again. I also decided to go through your posts and found out that uve been delivering such projects for a long time..... Permit me to say it's a miracle. Na to dey follow u bumper to bumper remain o. Can u give me the estimate of converting a 4-bedroom bungalow with two parlours, to an upstairs? (D building has been roofed already and the roofing will have to be removed). Wanna know how much b4 I go inform my P-man and b4 another contractor go fleece them.
bro u really can't be so sure, only foundation for this building in water logged area of Lagos is almost half the price. So it varies depending on location.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by godello: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2016
Spider for a customer who earns an average of 4-5 million a year and wants to erect something like this what do u suggest. remember the sum is solely dedicated to the project, can it be done in stages? What are the pro and cons going by such method. Or should he wait until the whole money is complete.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:11am On Jun 27, 2016
godello:
Spider for a customer who earns an average of 4-5 million a year and wants to erect something like this what do u suggest. remember the sum is solely dedicated to the project, can it be done in stages? What are the pro and cons going by such method. Or should he wait until the whole money is complete.

Yes you can do it in stages. Most of the buildings you see in the distance around this one were done in stages over 2-3 years.

Better to start with the money you have now and add more as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:20am On Jun 27, 2016
Been going through your other threads, the speed with which ur guys work eh, d thing b like juju...... By d way, there z a question on d cost of a one bedroom bungalow u built sometime ago which u haven't answered. U should probably visit d thread even if na to just answer that. To more serious issues, abeg have u built any hostel-type building in Owerri (one room self-contain)?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:47am On Jun 28, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Been going through your other threads, the speed with which ur guys work eh, d thing b like juju...... By d way, there z a question on d cost of a one bedroom bungalow u built sometime ago which u haven't answered. U should probably visit d thread even if na to just answer that. To more serious issues, abeg have u built any hostel-type building in Owerri (one room self-contain)?

Ok, I will look for the thread. I have not built a hostel in owerri but a discussion is ongoing for such contract. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2016
godello:
bro u really can't be so sure, only foundation for this building in water logged area of Lagos is almost half the price. So it varies depending on location.

Okay, that must b t then
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
spyder880:

Ok, I will look for the thread. I have not built a hostel in owerri but a discussion is ongoing for such contract. Thanks.

Okay Sir
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Jun 29, 2016
We have completed the roofing of this house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) / 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.