Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,311 members, 7,864,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Lagos Stood Still For Nlc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Stood Still For Nlc (811 Views)

Lagos Stood Still For Jonathan, Eko Bridge Blocked (pics) / Oyo Stood Still For Ladoja And Accordparty / Anambra Stood Still For Tony Nwoye As Vice President Namadi Sambo Storms Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Ournaija: 3:36pm On May 13, 2009
What do you think this protest will achieve? Do you think our leaders will listen?

Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by busibodi(f): 3:37pm On May 13, 2009
more pics, pls.

this brings back old memories of strikes in naija.

I ask myself; when are going to out-grow this?
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by blacksta(m): 3:40pm On May 13, 2009
busi-bodi:

more pics, pls.

dont you think it good thing - hopefully people will begin to wake up to their responsibilty- We need change in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by tpiah: 3:44pm On May 13, 2009
busi-bodi:

more pics, pls.

since most naijas dont take vacations outside of Christmas, I guess the strikes serve as their vacation time.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by meexteriox(m): 3:48pm On May 13, 2009
busi-bodi:

more pics, pls.

We can't outgrow it, simple, as far as, the rulers lurk in the recess of their artficial comfort,
and assume that all is well.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by PeeDaVinci: 3:58pm On May 13, 2009
outgrow wat??
there is no where on earth that pple dont protest against govt decision even in china and russia
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by busibodi(f): 4:01pm On May 13, 2009
meexteriox:

We can't outgrow it, simple, as far as, the rulers lurk in the recess of their artficial comfort,
and assume that all is well.

I fully agreed.

It is just callous that the leaders enjoy to have nigerians go through this.

what a waste. I wonder what stories nigerians will tell baba God when they go beyond.

Half of their LIFE on earth would have been spent on:

strike
fuel scarcity
darkness
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by blacksta(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2009
busi-bodi:

I fully agreed.

It is just callous that the leaders enjoy to have nigerians go through this.

what a waste. I wonder what stories nigerians will tell baba God when they go beyond.

Half of their LIFE on earth would have been spent on:

strike
fuel scarcity
darkness

but one has to start from somehwere - protest ----- change ---- better life.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by fyneguy: 4:11pm On May 13, 2009
Incredible!

I was actually driving on the service lane when you took this picture.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by KunleOshob(m): 4:14pm On May 13, 2009
@Post
when was this picture taken? And what are they striking about?
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Mowire: 4:54pm On May 13, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Post
when was this picture taken?

This morning at about 10.20am local time

KunleOshob:

@Post
And what are they striking about?

Don't deregualate oil sector, =N=52,000.00 minimum wage. Every other talk is mask.

@poster,
Lagos did not stand still for NLC; Ikorodu road and adjoining road were forced into a turtuous (and expensive in some cases) stand still. I was in a commercial bus on that route at the time and I know that that rally was not a popular one.

I mean people were forced to drive behind the NLC procession. I personally saw a youngman, driving a toyota camry car with some elderly occupants, assaulted by the NLC demostrators for attempting to pass through the line on the service lane.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by redsun(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2009
Internet,the world of informations and freedom.Age of shackles shattering
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by yicob(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2009
. . . .and what has it achieved ? Its better to tell every nigerian to sit at home (strike) than to go on an endurance trek. Our government has only 2 ears used for talking. . . . No listening ear !
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by redsun(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2009
People got to ground the system for them to sit-up or give in.Just think of of that lagos -benin road,the state of it and the commercial drivers are still plying,they should give up and ground movements for just one day to see whether the ministry work or whatever motherfuckers that are in-charge of that road won't sit-up.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by walata44(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2009
@Mowire

Lagos did not stand still for LC; Joyrode road and adjoining road were forced into a tortuous (and expensive in some cases) stand still. I was in a commercial bus on that route at the time and I know that that rally was not a popular one.
[/quote]

I mean people were forced to drive behind the LC procession. I personally saw a youngman, driving a Toyota Camry car with some elderly occupants, assaulted by the LC demonstrators for attempting to pass through the line on the service lane.[quote]

I don't want see u here and complain about bad leadership if u think in your wisdom nothing is achieve by the protester. For your information freedom is not gotten on a platter of gold
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by nich(m): 7:42pm On May 13, 2009
Ournaija:

What do you think this protest will achieve? Do you think our leaders will listen?

(chuckles) time would tell. (just shakes his head, whistling)
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Mowire: 2:46pm On May 14, 2009
@walata44
What economic good will non deregulation of the oil sector do? Please tell me how =N=52,000.00 minimum wage help the majority of Nigerian on the street, who are not bribe-taking-goverment employees like these labour trekkers?

Again, what was/is the benefit of previous increases on the generality of the citizenry? Walata s'ora e o (be careful)

If they want to demonstrate against their employer must they compell everybody on the road to join them?
And please tell me how that rally amount to a freedom struggle?
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Edoji: 2:59pm On May 14, 2009
A revolution, CHANGE is coming!!
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Ournaija: 5:27pm On May 14, 2009
Even BRT buses were made to run behind them

Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Mowire: 5:35pm On May 14, 2009
exactly my point. coercion not consent
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On May 14, 2009
Has Nigerian leaders ever listen?
Nope.
Re: Lagos Stood Still For Nlc by strangleyo: 10:55pm On May 14, 2009
On the bright side the streets are visibly cleaner.

(1) (Reply)

Rep In Coma After Brain Surgery Over Robbers’ Attack / The New Customs Boss, The President's Buddy And Legalized Smuggling / Nigeria Most 'hated' Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.