Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC (24796 Views)

Breaking: FUNAAB Appoints Enikuomehin As Acting VC / Upper View From OAU Matriculation At Amphi Theatre. Acting VC absent / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by ibedun: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
NigerianDiamond:

Igbo dominance? Igbos have never dominated Yorubas except possibly something went amiss in history that I never knew about. Yorubas have always been in the forefront of progress in Nigeria. Though, I guess you maybe right, your people dominate crimes and vices in Nigeria...We gave you chance to thrive in the same 'South West' and we would never hesitate to take all that belongs to us when the need arises. #WATCHOUT

Actually the time has come to start taking back our stuff. Yesterday I got the council to change the name of my street to a Yoruba name instead of some silly "ifeanyi" shi-t.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by NigerianDiamond(m): 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
babestella:

How many Hausa and Yorubas are resident in the east? How many of them have landed properties in the east? how many of them have businesses etc in the east.

Stop marginalising yourself, migrate to the east, open a business or get a job that will take you to the east, marry an Igbo lady, but land and build a home in the east, I bet you if we have up to 3 million yorubas living in Imo state, they will surely muster a strong political will in Imo state. But No, you sit in the comfort of you home and wait for Igbos to allocate lands and properties to you in the east before you can move.

We don't step down rather we MOVE up. Igboland has nothing tangible to hold on to, that is why you all are wanderers looking to find green pastures here in the west. We are not wanderers!

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by owumzy(m): 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
fulfillment2020:
Prof. Njokanma has been serving LASG and pay his tax duely, how many of your Waste(rn) and Northern brothers pay tax to any Eastern State?

With due respect, Westerners and Northerners are all over the East working and paying multiple taxes.
Let's always try to deemphasise this sentimental posture on every national issue that pops up.
Not good for our unity.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by kingthreat(m): 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
naijapips02:
How many Hausa's or Yorubas are VC's in a state university in the east?

Who is really marginalizing who?

Some of them are just being silly.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by NigerianDiamond(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
fulfillment2020:
Relocate to Ebonyi State and start paying your tax which will be used in developing the State, then you can get appointment in a state government institution. Move out, Lagos is not the only state people reside in Nigeria.

SHUT THE F#CK UP...You intolerable people...

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by ransomed: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
fulfillment2020:
Ndi ofe have started repenting small small. I think he was the best candidate so they had no choice.
::-- Stop this tribal sentiment please. The people you are insulting are more accommodating than others, including you and i.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by reuben79: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
fulfillment2020:
Ndi ofe have started repenting small small. I think he was the best candidate so they had no choice.
igbos wit noise!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by NigerianDiamond(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
inme:

My friend, stop deceiving yourself. As we have hospitable and inhospitable people in yoruba, so also we have them in other tribes.

Yoruba is and can never be the most tolerant tribe in Nigeria. I live in Lagos. You guys should wake up to reality

In Lagos that you live, how many Yorubas have attacked you or your business? I can give you so many instances that your people have laid siege on yorubas and their interest in the east...

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Amagmilton(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sheikwonder:

You are right to say that my Igbo is not too good,but...

I read it as:

Njo-Kanma...."Evil-is good"

If for instance,I want to compliment you on your outfit,I'd say:

"Akwa e kanma" i.e your cloth is nice,or good [please pardon my Igbo,this is the 1st time in my life I'm writing in the dialect]

I guess the misunderstanding comes from perception.If perceived as a statement then my interpretation is correct.If seen as a question then yours is right.I'd like to hear your take on this though,I'm happy to learn...
...My Friend sharap...ur types are the problem of the Igbos and Nigeria...if u say njo ka nma is "evil is good", then what is the meaning of njo di nma?....take the correction and stop making fool of urself,his name means "is evil better" (njo o ka nma)..in igbo language when u have 2 vowel letters together, u have to eliminate the first letter..njo o ka nma= njokanma.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by basilo101: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
Njokamma? Meaning "bad is better". Funi name

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Sheikwonder(m): 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Amagmilton:
...My Friend sharap...ur types are the problem of the Igbos and Nigeria...if u say njo ka nma is "evil is good", then what is the meaning of njo di nma?....take the correction and stop making fool of urself,his name means "is evil better" (njo o ka nma)..in igbo language when u have 2 vowel letters together, u have to eliminate the first letter..njo o ka nma= njokanma.

Was there any need for the diatribe?

I am obviously a novice at Igbo language and I'm trying to learn. If every Igbo person was like you then how in the world would we ever learn?

#Sigh

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Mbilla(m): 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
ibedun:
Igbos are clearly running away from something in the East. Why would any sensible Northerner or Yoruba go there to build house and set up a business?

I don't get it.
I am not an Igbo man. But honestly the way most of you Yoruba youths reasons surprise me a lot and it seems you guys are lazy or fear to compete. People have being migrating from one place to another right from the time of Jesus Christ and Mohammad. For example, Ashanti tribe in Ghana own 95% of resources in Ghana, there city Kumasi is the second most largest and beautiful city in Ghana and also they have the most richest people in Ghana but yet u will see them every where in Ghana doing business, you will also see them every where in the World even the remote village's in Nigeria doing business. That people come to ur land to do business doesn't mean that their land is not good but they see opportunity that u didnt see.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
okay... apc
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by ODUBEZE: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
flylykace:
The name sound so scaring, do you think he'll make a good VC of Lasu with the look of his name
which kind yeye question be this? What has leadership style/ability got to do with name?
All these primary school fresh leavers self!
mtcheeeeeew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by inme: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
NigerianDiamond:

In Lagos that you live, how many Yorubas have attacked you or your business? I can give you so many instances that your people have laid siege on yorubas and their interest in the east...

Honestly, please don't let me start counting. But the fact is, we have good and bad people EVERYWHERE. Nobody holy pass.

So you and your folks should stop this "Yoruba is more hospitable than any other tribe" thing.

Will you allow me to live in your house if I don't have house rent?

Those that do business, do you give them shop for free?

If people that do business don't pay tax, will the environment permit them to do business for free.

Everyone who doesn't have a house in Lagos state pay for house or shop rent. We fucking pay for the hospitality.

And that's how it is in every part of the country.

Please, stop this yoruba tolerance thing, e dey make me purge

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by VirginFinder: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
This is a very good move.

We should have a Yoruba as VC of ABSU

We should have a Hausa as VC Delsu

We should have a Yoruba man as VC kano state University.

This is the way to go.

I think we should include Yorubas in Biafra,

Pazienza, please come and redraw that map to include the six SW states. Lol grin grin grin grin grin

He's been appointed in acting capacity to make folks like you feel good.
It's very unlikely he'll be confirmed as substantive VC.
How he became a DVC even wows me.

Already, some insatiable ibo ingrates are already beating theirs chests saying he was the most qualified for the job and the school hand no other choice.
What a pathetic tribe, the ibos.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sheikwonder:
Prof. Njokanma??

That name literally means "Evil is Better"!!!

OMG!!!

Nope nope nope- Njokanma means Being ugly is better.. but d man is quite handsome
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Sheikwonder(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
felixilin:

Nope nope nope- Njokanma means Being ugly is better.. but d man is quite handsome

Ok Sir,noted.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by uduokirika1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
Have d Gov removed d juju placed in front of the VC office and senate biulding?
AfroKnight:
Where are the bigots? Come and attack the Governor for appointing one of your brothers. Goats.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by SylarsMcQuins: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
Deapexboy:
igbo man I quess!
Igbo brothers whatyasay?
Ndi Yellowbars dey don't knw Now dey knw
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by VirginFinder: 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
reuben79:
igbos wit noise!!!!
Dont mind them. Very shallow-minded lot. Just cant show simple appreciation.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by PearlStreet(m): 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mbilla:
[b]I am not an Igbo ma[/b]n. But honestly [b]the way most of you Yoruba youths reasons surprise me a lot and it seems you guys are lazy or fear to compet[/b]e. People have being migrating from one place to another right from the time of Jesus Christ and Mohammad. For example, Ashanti tribe in Ghana own 95% of resources in Ghana, there city Kumasi is the second most largest and beautiful city in Ghana and also they have the most richest people in Ghana but yet u will see them every where in Ghana doing business, you will also see them every where in the World even the remote village's in Nigeria doing business. That people come to ur land to do business doesn't mean that their land is not good but they see opportunity that u didnt see.

Absolute bunkum.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Amagmilton(m): 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Was there any need for the diatribe?

I am obviously a novice at Igbo language and I'm trying to learn. If every Igbo person was like you then how in the world would we ever learn?

#Sigh
...as a novice u were not supposed 2 translate ur fellow man's name negetively&incorrectly on the front page 4dat matter, don't you know that your negetive comments maybe used against him?
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Sagamite(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
If he is the best and/or qualified for the job, fcking about him fulltime.

Cut all these BS about tribe when appointing to academic institutions, monkeys!

https://www.nairaland.com/1579818/girls-night-out-discussions/30#37015028
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by gly2ken: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
The name means: evil is plentiful than good
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Bigdreams(m): 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
I hope this douses the fire currently engulfing the institution.

Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?
Read my signature.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Chinom(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
ibedun:

Actually the time has come to start taking back our stuff. Yesterday I got the council to change the name of my street to a Yoruba name instead of some silly "ifeanyi" shi-t.

Pathological LIAR. You don't have the right to do that and you cannot do that. Most Igbo street names in Lagos (..and there are many of them) cannot be changed. Igbos are still Nigerians. Same goes for Abuja.
You should have asked your Ofe people to buy land on those streets when the place was a bush. Now, you want to reap from another man's sweat in your usual lazy manner. De money wey you collect for foundation and decking never do you ?

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Engineer96(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
This sounds Delta. Am I correct?
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by UncleJudax(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
walemoney007:
Men which kin name be these
It is actually Pro. Fidelis Njokanmaloye tongue
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Chinom(m): 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Engineer96:
This sounds Delta.
Am I correct?

Which tribe is 'Delta' in Nigeria. Please enlighten me.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by obstead200(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
cbrass:
His name sound igbotic
because he is igbo. Pure and simple

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by NNPCFACTS: 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
Igbo man... Another productive Biafrian adding value to Lagos since 1914.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) / Couple Arrested For Invading Their Child’s School With Thugs To Beat Teacher / Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.