Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die (25984 Views)

Oba Charles Ibitoye Is Dead (Olomu Of Omu-Aran) / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by maxiuc(m): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
Even in state dead children that are nt up to 20 are not buried at home
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Babalegba(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
Pineapp:
These customs and traditions though barbaric and inhumane still contributed to the peace and tranquility our fathers enjoyed...
What peace and tranquility did they enjoy. Nigerians are always rationalising evil
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
stup.id people with st.up.id tradition sad

1 Like

Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by amosmosco(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
ernesty20:
Meaning?

the weed you smoked was highly concentrated. Wetin concern buhari for this one?
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by klax(m): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
SirWere:
Africa, When will you develop When!!!

Don't mind them, baboons. Remain in darkness till the end but your taboo or whatever could not save your land or enrich your citizen despite sitting on top of oil but still remain abadon and forgotten. You better wake up, development is what we are after not dark age taboos that add no value to humanity.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by ernesty20(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
amosmosco:

the weed you smoked was highly concentrated. Wetin concern buhari for this one?
buhari is our little god now if u dnt know
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Chijosky(m): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Chief u should go and carry them to the evil forest by ur self na.. since the people that usually perform d act are now converted
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by ijustdey: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
what a culture......

thank goodness for civilization..... we could have been ruled by these mundane kind of thinking
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by 4nobody4every1: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
angry angry
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by MEILYN(m): 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nice tradition and I am not in anyway condemning this tradition because everything is done for a purpose.

Kudos to the brains that came up with such wonderful tradition and I pray they don't stop practising it.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by sweatlana: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
It's common practice also by ijaw. ...
Very barbaric
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by freshcvvs: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
Every country have theirs "civilized" or not.

What you call religion is tradition elsewhere and what you call tradition is religion in another place.

Africans and inferiority.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
we africans and our backward mentality.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by buJu234: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
Let's b truthful to ourselves as Africans..

Our traditions have done more harms than good to our existence as Africans.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by freshcvvs: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
buJu234:
Let's b truthful to ourselves as Africans..

Our traditions have done more harms than good to our existence as Africans.

How?

Because you don't know that of other countries?

Have you read the quoran and the old testament of the bible before?

Most of what you'll find there are culture of these people passed on as "religion".

Una Africans eh.

1 Like

Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by femidejulius(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
techmart:
God will help us in Africa

God has actually given you more than enough to help yourself. It is now left for you to help yourselves
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
Pineapp:
These customs and traditions though barbaric and inhumane still contributed to the peace and tranquility our fathers enjoyed...
our fathers in Africa suffered a lot. dy did not njoy anything. dy got no access to do internet during their time. dy fought wars and never enjoyed peace. very few of dm lived to old age.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by wawaboy1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Niger Delta and ogogoro.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by bonechamberlain(m): 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
reminds me of joys of motherhood ... buchi emecheta
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Bsideboi(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
He is 98 he should better give his life to Jesus before he dies.... Barbaric culture
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by athorello(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
Although the culture is dying down especially for pregnant women you still have to try as much as possible to conceal the cause of the death to avoid conflicts. People who comit suicide can be shamed but I don't support the practice for women who died with pregnancy.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Kingdom of ignoramuses lol. Ignorance reigns supreme in this backward town shioor.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by chigoizie7(m): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
Pineapp:

Not just that bros, the fear of being thrown into a bush is the beginning of taking care of your health while pregnant(antenatal and all that). I have been privileged to stay in a teaching hospital were 95 percent(assumption) of all mortality rate as regards to baby and mother is out of the neglect of either the mother or the doctors(students).

Could u imagine a woman who is pregnant and has never been to a hospital until 8moths? She only came to hospital when she encountered chicken pox,not just chicken pox but a chicken pox that she has tried to treat for more than 2weeks with one kind concoction and when she could not, she was rushed to the hospital when it was critical, she died with the baby.

Another woman who has 5kids and pregnant for the 6th, whose husband is based abroad and comfortably financially stable died of hypertaities(not sure of spelling), she has never been to a hospital till 7months, her reasons is that,"that is not her 1st time of child birth that nothing de happen". Her Blood sister even confirmed that her sister s so stingy even when d hubby sends enuff money for her, she was stingy that she could not go to the hospital, she also died with the baby.

Another case is that a woman's BP is so high that her baby needs to be evacuated @ 7 months + but she refused, her reasons is that her pastor said that she will give birth the normal old tradition way. more over, that no member of her family will has given birth tru surgery and that she wouldn't be the 1st despite all the doctors warnings and persuasion, she died that night with the baby.

Another case is were a woman has already given birth to 6 girls and pregnant for the 7th, she died because,on the 7th pregnancy, her womb ruptured and the doctors ordered that d child be evacuated together with the womb so as to save the mothers life, the husband refused and the woman didn't say a word other than to support the hubby, on the basis that she will still give birth to a boy. @ some point,when it was getting late,she became unconcius, she was rushed to th theatre, lo and behold a dead baby boy was evacuated, the woman died, it was learnt that she never visited a hospital all tru the pregnancy.

And so many other cases, my 2weeks @ a teaching hospital opened my eye, I can never go to any teaching hospital ever again, and I can not suggest for any one I know to be taken there, because they use human being for practicals. Btw, my cousin's baby died after 1week out of neglect from the doctors.

So, if your village has such tradition, plz give me one reason why u should risk your life while pregnant, even all your family members will make sure u don't end up dead with a baby as they will care for u to the best of their abilities.

Long epistle, lol
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by aameyah(f): 7:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

Not just that bros, the fear of being thrown into a bush is the beginning of taking care of your health while pregnant(antenatal and all that). I have been privileged to stay in a teaching hospital were 95 percent(assumption) of all mortality rate as regards to baby and mother is out of the neglect of either the mother or the doctors(students).

Could u imagine a woman who is pregnant and has never been to a hospital until 8moths? She only came to hospital when she encountered chicken pox,not just chicken pox but a chicken pox that she has tried to treat for more than 2weeks with one kind concoction and when she could not, she was rushed to the hospital when it was critical, she died with the baby.

Another woman who has 5kids and pregnant for the 6th, whose husband is based abroad and comfortably financially stable died of hypertaities(not sure of spelling), she has never been to a hospital till 7months, her reasons is that,"that is not her 1st time of child birth that nothing de happen". Her Blood sister even confirmed that her sister s so stingy even when d hubby sends enuff money for her, she was stingy that she could not go to the hospital, she also died with the baby.

Another case is that a woman's BP is so high that her baby needs to be evacuated @ 7 months + but she refused, her reasons is that her pastor said that she will give birth the normal old tradition way. more over, that no member of her family will has given birth tru surgery and that she wouldn't be the 1st despite all the doctors warnings and persuasion, she died that night with the baby.

Another case is were a woman has already given birth to 6 girls and pregnant for the 7th, she died because,on the 7th pregnancy, her womb ruptured and the doctors ordered that d child be evacuated together with the womb so as to save the mothers life, the husband refused and the woman didn't say a word other than to support the hubby, on the basis that she will still give birth to a boy. @ some point,when it was getting late,she became unconcius, she was rushed to th theatre, lo and behold a dead baby boy was evacuated, the woman died, it was learnt that she never visited a hospital all tru the pregnancy.

And so many other cases, my 2weeks @ a teaching hospital opened my eye, I can never go to any teaching hospital ever again, and I can not suggest for any one I know to be taken there, because they use human being for practicals. Btw, my cousin's baby died after 1week out of neglect from the doctors.

So, if your village has such tradition, plz give me one reason why u should risk your life while pregnant, even all your family members will make sure u don't end up dead with a baby as they will care for u to the best of their abilities.

Long epistle, lol

Long epistle upon nonsensical talk. Mtchew!
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by AKEEMUchange: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good for them
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by chigoizie7(m): 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
aameyah:

Long epistle upon nonsensical talk. Mtchew!

Get a good attorney and sue me then. ezi
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by Nwachi22(f): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
ernesty20:
Meaning?

Meaning u took weed grin grin grin
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by ernesty20(m): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nwachi22:

Meaning u took weed grin grin grin
over my dead body. Na only cocain i dey smoke
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by aameyah(f): 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

Get a good attorney and sue me then. ezi
Sue? Like a jabber-mouthed, scatter brained fellow like you is worth it. What you need is a hefty koboko to shift your brain back to working order. Maybe that way you would learn the spelling for hepatitis too.
Re: Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die by favourlove1: 5:28am On Nov 08, 2015
The exact case of my sister who was married in delta. She died while pregnant n wasn't even taken to her marriage place to be burried. Too bad. Despite the fact that the husband is a christian he allowed the so called tradition to prevail. Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella / Arrival Of New Olubadan - Saliu Adetunji / Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.