Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,456 members, 7,839,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance (836 Views)

15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / Omojuwa: The Difference Between Lagos And Ekiti In Terms Of Governance / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by MizMyColi(f): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
The Shadow Cabinet of Nigeria has called on the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari to settle down to the real business of governance, seven months after it had wrestled power from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). 

In a statement released by the group in Abuja, it stated that the ruling party and its elected officials need to stop acting like a group of people in a rudderless ship with a proclivity for post shifting.‎

The spokesperson of the group also added, ''It is befuddling and the height of insensitivity, how an administration can be so imperceptive to the plight of the people it leads.

There have been feelers from civil society organizations‎, technocrats, and critics alike, that the Nigerian economy is at the brink of an impending doom, yet no actionable masses-centric cause, public policy, or palliative have been provided."

The group therefore asked, if the APC led Federal government is poised on seeing our prestigious economy nosedive into devastation and ruins? and if our President is economically clueless? ‎

The statement also called on the President as a matter of urgent national importance to appoint a Chief Economic Adviser and set up an economic team to formulate viable fiscal policies to support the monetary policies of the CBN. 

Furthermore, they called on the government to reduce the burden of governance by eliminating or merging some of Nigeria’s more than 500 federal parastatals and boards with regard to the white paper already ‎released by the previous administration from the former Head of Service of the federation, Mr Steve Oronsanye's report.

The statement signed by Ijeoma Okolie, the spokesperson of the group also read, "We want the presidency to sustain the gains of the previous administration, especially in the area of agriculture which culminated in dry season farming and increased rice production, by putting machineries in place for more diversification of the Nigerian economy. President Buhari must intensify efforts to create an alternative means of revenue generation other than oil."

It is noteworthy that this group of young, patriotic, peace loving and democratic individuals had earlier released a statement for the formation of a Shadow Cabinet ahead of the announcement of members of the FEC.

The group promises to provide sound, adequate and thoroughbred alternative policies to deepen our country's democratic tenets and foster development.‎
http://www.thetrentonline.com/group-charges-buhari-to-settle-down-to-the-real-business-of-governance/
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by easrael(f): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
What's the source? Op?
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by Yorubago(f): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good move, meanwhile Who are those mumu people agitating for Buhari?
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by Tallesty1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
easrael:
What's the source? Op?
No sauce yet, the op is still in the kitchen.

Wait for her to finish.
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by stalyf(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
Yes, the government of the day need to wake up and walk the talk.
Enough of the post shifting. We need to have our economy in shape
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by BustScam: 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
Meanwhile who's Ijeoma Okolie sef?

Another Olisah Metuh abi?
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by MizMyColi(f): 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
No sauce yet, the op is still in the kitchen.
Wait for her to finish.
easrael:
What's the source? Op?

Sauced!grin
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by ojaydedon(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
hmmm

BUHARI SHOULD LET HIS ACTION SPEAK FOR HIM.

WE ARE TIRED OF WORDS.

#CAMPAIGNEPROMISESMUSTBEFULFILLED
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by erunz(m): 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
This Government need to really work and fufil its campaign promises to Nigerians
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by DrownedFish: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
The way in APC is getting victory in the tribunals shows that our Justice system has been compromised. There is a threat to our judges from Itse Sagay who is pulling the strings on behalf of PMB

1 Like

Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by themilanway(m): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
Our prestigious economy got me grin grin grin grin grin do hard.

PDP and prestigious economy can never be used inthe same sentence.

Clowns grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Sauced!grin

Dear Mizmycoli - My e-Luv,

This piece is not in any way meant to ridicule you, for you're 1 of the few I hold in high esteem on Nairaland. Your stance on the IPOB agitation, which was posted in the thread below, has practically left me devastated & heartboken, leaving me famished with no appetite for food, except some water-melons, pineapples & white star apples (Agbalumo) grin

www.nairaland.com/2555203/why-construction-second-niger-bridge/6#37384922

I want you to know that our existence in the cosmic order is never an accident. You're not of the Igbo extraction as you think, know or have been made to believe but rather, you were divinely planted into the Igbo ancestry as a spy for the fulfillment & glorification of the Cosmic Life Energy. grin

While I respect your freedom of choice and the right to making decisions that affects your life, It would be foolhardy of me, as your guardian Arch-Angel, to abandon you in your weakest moments & allow you stray like a sheep led to the slaughter - innocently & helplessly, without realizing the danger.

Therefore, I beg and implore this of you, O Adannaya, to please reconsider your stance on the agitation for the actualization of the sovereign Nation Of Biafra and emulate the likes of Maryam Babangida, Daisy Danjuma & Stella Obasanjo who were once in your shoes and also planted into their ancestry as divine spies, before they were commandeered & ultimately converted by the 3 kings - [Military Generals] from the dark side of their human nature to the good & the ever winning side of enlightenment. grin

Lastly, I'd like to respectfully remind you of your vows & commitment to the Cosmic Order while guiding you back on the right path by reliving the memories of your glorious days of romantic sainthood, as each time I look at your attached picture below before retiring to bed every night, I feel nothing, but the sacred urge to do to you, what Napoleon Bonaparte did to Josephine De Beauharnais. grin

“Within light there is darkness, but do not try to understand that darkness; within darkness there is light, but do not look for that light.

Light and darkness are a pair, like the foot before and the foot behind, in walking”.

I remain Zoharariel Vladimirovich YHVH - Lord of All the Beasts of The Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the AngloZionist Empire in General and Biafra in Particular - Nagode! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by PRYCE(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
The Guy's busy attending weddings!
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by lmm4real: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
Is he not working already?
Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by saint047(m): 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
This GMB led APC govt will make Guinness Book of Records as the most Hypocritical government in History of Mankind

5.8B on Jets in 6months

1 Like

Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by Rose2014: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Zoharariel:

Dear Mizmycoli - My e-Luv,

This piece is not in any way meant to ridicule you, for you're 1 of the few I hold in high esteem on Nairaland. Your stance on the IPOB agitation, which was posted in the thread below, has practically left me devastated & heartboken, leaving me famished with no appetite for food, except some water-melons, pineapples & white star apples (Agbalumo) grin

www.nairaland.com/2555203/why-construction-second-niger-bridge/6#37384922

I want you to know that our existence in the cosmic order is never an accident. You're not of the Igbo extraction as you think, know or have been made to believe but rather, you were divinely planted into the Igbo ancestry as a spy for the fulfillment & glorification of the Cosmic Life Energy. grin

While I respect your freedom of choice and the right to making decisions that affects your life, It would be foolhardy of me, as your guardian Arch-Angel, to abandon you in your weakest moments & allow you stray like a sheep led to the slaughter - innocently & helplessly, without realizing the danger.

Therefore, I beg and implore this of you, O Adannaya, to please reconsider your stance on the agitation for the actualization of the sovereign Nation Of Biafra and emulate the likes of Maryam Babangida, Daisy Danjuma & Stella Obasanjo who were once in your shoes and also planted into their ancestry as divine spies, before they were commandeered & ultimately converted by the 3 kings - [Military Generals] from the dark side of their human nature to the good & the ever winning side of enlightenment. grin

Lastly, I'd like to respectfully remind you of your vows & commitment to the Cosmic Order while guiding you back on the right path by reliving the memories of your glorious days of romantic sainthood, as each time I look at your attached picture below before retiring to bed every night, I feel nothing, but the sacred urge to do to you, what Napoleon Bonaparte did to Josephine De Beauharnais. grin

“Within light there is darkness, but do not try to understand that darkness; within darkness there is light, but do not look for that light.

Light and darkness are a pair, like the foot before and the foot behind, in walking”.

I remain Zoharariel Vladimirovich YHVH - Lord of All the Beasts of The Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the AngloZionist Empire in General and Biafra in Particular - Nagode! grin

Guy are u ok at all?

2 Likes

Re: Group Charges Buhari To Settle Down To The Real Business Of Governance by MizMyColi(f): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2015

Dear Zoharariel

You have touched my heart!
Gosh, I don't even know how to feel right now.
Y'know...It kinda irks when I remember that some of my friends who are mostly of APC and Buharist extraction have maligned me publicly, labelling me unprintable names, blocked me, ignored me and don't even reply my chats anymore...and then, to see you actually care? You, a known Buharist?
That's a firstgrin
It felt like I was reading a love letter. grincheesygrin

Well, While it is true that I've gained more friends and met other equally amazing people...
A part of me still wishes that we'd all be one irrespective of our beliefs or Ideologies. Wishful thinking, right?

You've probably followed me from when I used to keep a diary here to know that I am a peacemaker, and one who isn't afraid to be really expressive....
If there's anything I don't like about NL politics, it's the division it breeds....

However despite the bumps here and there, I reckon that I'm a better person, a better me. This has always been a path I'm meant to follow, if it weren't...trust me, I wouldn't be here.

In all, I'm learning to love people more, especially those who (in my opinion) do not deserve it.

Why am I writing all these epistles?

I want you to have the understanding that I would give anything, even my blood, to have peace and for peace to reign.

On Biafra...
This isn't so much about my ancestry as it is about my will to stand up against every form of oppression, slavery, and inequity.
The IPOB ideology as espoused by their leader may be crude but it sends a signal that will force every right thinking person to sit up and reevaluate the nation without sentiments.

That said, the post you saw was well justified at the time, it was written at a time when I started to get a hang of this Biafra ish.
The words of Emir Sanusi sealed it.

However, it's been 3 months and counting...and like you know...change is a constant.
You will notice that after that post, I have refrained from passionately promoting Biafran ideals or even speaking on Biafra. I only started speaking on the topic recently because this issue caused a big rancour among my NL inner circle of friends.

Truth is, I am undecided. More like, one leg in, one leg out.
One leg in because I do not tolerate oppression in any form...so if a people...be they Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa feel that they are being mistreated and it's well within their rights to break away and forge a path for themselves, as long as they have a case, a supposedly legit one at that, why not?

I am one leg out because, whether in words or action. I cannot see my self thrive in any ideology that brazenly supports hate, bitterness, bile and vileness.
(A major reason I do not like APC btw)

The above said...
I have to admit that I have held the belief that one Nigeria is a farce. We are only one when it suits our purposes... But when the chips are down, it's all man to himself.

But you have aptly reminded me why I am here.
My purpose is to serve as a minster of Reconciliation, to see possibilities where others see impossibilities.
To mediate and release energies of peace and positivity.

For the sake of my relationships, I backed down almost immediately I made that declaration.
Aside the members of my Wonderful family, the people who mean the world to me right now are of the Yoruba extraction....
I cannot promote a cause that reeks of hatred for them, these are folks who have stood by me thru thick, thru thin. I cannot possibly promote the Biafran cause if it  hates them or wishes them or anyone else ill.

In summary, the Biafran Ideal is a noble one, but the Modus Operandi of Nnamdi Kanu is what I am not cool with. Although o....that is the language some people understand, my conscience will not allow me support such with so much passion even if I wanted to.

So!
Fear not.
His Sovereign hand remains my guide.
smiley

P:S - I believe this is an alternate account.
My inbox is as open as the legs of a pregnant woman on a delivery bed should you decide to reveal who you really are.

Btw, one spirit like that is telling me we're padis on BBM.
tongue

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Antonyms Photos Of They Biafra Agitators. / Have You Seen This (photo) don't be supprise / Who Is The Best Indiginous Rapper In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.