Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (28930 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by joygirl1(f): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2007
GREATEST IFE I am proud to be a graduate of ife i stayed in moz and moremi while i was in school.for those that are still in oau try to keep the fire of aluta a little on the low side.i enjoyed my stay on the campus, you can move around when ever you want [color=#990000][/color]you can wake up at 3am and decide to go to class. Awo i will always remember that hall  those guys are something else never a dull moment with then, even when you are in amphi theater.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Axiomlogic(m): 2:02am On Aug 11, 2007
IFE, Where do i begin
is it from the lovely food @ schi kabab or spices as it is now known
or the ambience @ dayo rounda's place
or the weed from alfred or sir kay jenjen
or is it payin for girls hairdo @ ola gold
or coming from Quaters in the mornin n branchin @ egins b4 going to class
or is playin poker @ SUB with SB
or FORKS N FINGERS @ SUB WHEN i AM BROKE N MA CLUB CHIEF MUSTNT KNOW
OR MARKIN ATTENDANCE FOR MOZ 101
OR TAKIN MA CARRYIN CARRY OVER COURSE @ MOREMI
OR LOOKIN 4 A QUICKIE @ SPORT
Great Ife! Great Ife!!
Africa's most beautiful campus
Conscious, vigilant, progressive
Aluta against all oppressions
Forward ever, backward never
For learning and culture, sports and struggle
Great Ife! Hey!
I love you!
There is no other Great Ife in the Universe
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit
Great! Great! Great! Great IFE!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Kamali(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2007
I miss Ife and the ALUTA there.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by sojiboy(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2007
Pls any body that knows Faborode the current VC of OAU terll hi to RELEASE our great president if not we will co with our ever TATAN train which will crush him and his kitchen cabinet.Tell him deat MOREMI girls are very much in support of him but VIRTUES MOZAMBIQEENS,AWOITES(ARO internaltional),FAJUYI and ANGOLA re very much against him .Saburi must be release and STUDENT UNION BUILDING MUST BE OPEN WITHOUT MUCH NOISE.
at this point let say ALUTA CONTINUA VITORIA ASCERTA
by concern COMRADE OF DSMITE
and also greatest AWOITE
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by elphem(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2007
Greatest Awoite, I dey feel your vibes
Faborode is just feeling threathened by what he had caused; more than 70% of the entire student are in support of Saburi.
He probably doesn't know the depth of what he is about to cause until he is removed from that office in his soonest hour of reign, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by specific: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2007
Wow! I thought I was the only person that enjoyed Ife. Sometimes I wonder how uneventful it would have been if I had attended another college in Naija, how boring would life have been in another college?

Anyway, I hope Awo boyz are still keeping it real, and the mama pharmacy still get all those sexy looking "ponmon".

As much as I enjoyed Ife, I really wished I was in another department though. (pls dont ask me what I studied). But all in all, Ife was the best experience of a college that I have experienced. I have schooled here in the US, omo no be the same thing o ja re!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by muyeskin(m): 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2007
Of the greatest nigerian students, Of the greatest pawon, Articulate siwon, Evermilitant ife student, I think another challenge is ahead of us because of what is about happening. We were been sent out of skool just because of the present case of our student union president COMRADE AKINOLA SABURI which will be held on the 19th of Oct. Mr Fabroid thinks he can stop the student from their right not knowing that u can only stop the messenger, u can neva stop the message. Come wat may be, Oct 19 is going to judge if we shall continue with our struggle or not. I think anybody that knows our present CV sorry VC shud try and tell him that he is not meant to be a leader at all and he shud rather leave the office for the mopo's he depends on. Come, what may be, Oct 21, we shall continue with our struggle if our president is not being realeased.
Permit me as i say, Aluta continua, Victoria Ascerta,
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by darryshine(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2007
HEy!!!!!,

GREAT IFE, IFE FOR LIFE, AWOITES FORM LIFE,
I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE OF YOU, WE WON'T FORGET IFE, GREAT! GREAT!! GREAT! GREAT!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink grin grin

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by darryshine(m): 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2007
HEy!!!!!,

GREAT IFE, IFE FOR LIFE, AWOITES FOR LIFE,
I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE OF YOU, WE WON'T FORGET IFE, GREAT! GREAT!! GREAT! GREAT!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink grin grin

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by dayokanu(m): 12:25am On Nov 25, 2007
IFE, Where do i begin
is it from the lovely food @ schi kabab or spices as it is now known
or the ambience @ dayo rounda's place
or the weed from alfred or sir kay jenjen
or is it payin for girls hairdo @ ola gold
or coming from Quaters in the mornin n branchin @ egins before going to class
or is playin poker @ SUB with SB
or FORKS N FINGERS @ SUB WHEN i AM BROKE N MA CLUB CHIEF MUSTNT KNOW
OR MARKIN ATTENDANCE FOR MOZ 101
OR TAKIN MA CARRYIN CARRY OVER COURSE @ MOREMI
OR LOOKIN 4 A QUICKIE @ SPORT

Axiomlogic you dey Craze!! So you know Alfred and Sir kay Jen jen, but you know Oshrine took over the biz. Do you know the days of Cashi in SUB upper TV room, Baddest, Olem, Evans, Appetti, KayZee, Osha brownie. Walata Oba Aro

Do you remember those freak Moz fight with Awo and Angola boys, Do you remember guys peeping from PG into Moz, Do you remember Yoriyori, Congress e.t.c

The quickies at motion ground, Ajose and roof of health Sciences remember going to ODLT and Law to block chics at might instead of reading
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by BigBadWolf(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2007
Deleted
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by slawuyi: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2007
You can check your post ume result for oau at http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/postume.php
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Jarus(m): 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2007
GREATEST IFE,
TEARS OF JOY WERE ALMOST FLOWING FROM MY EYES AS I READ THRU THIS THREAD NOW.
GOING TO IFE IS THE 2ND GREATEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE. ALTHOUGH I JUST GRADUATED IN 2006 , I ALWAYS THANK ALMIGHTY GOD THAT HE DIRECTED ME TO CHOOSE IFE BECAUSE WHEN COMPLETING MY UME FORM IN APRIL 2000, I JUTS CHOSE IFE, I NEVER KNEW IT WAS A GREAT SCHOOL LIKE. I WAS BASED IN MY HOMETOWN, OFFA, KWARA STATE THEN, AND MOST OF MY COLLEAGUES CHOSE UNILORIN. ALTHOUGH THE FIRST ATTRACTION I HAD FOR IFE WAS THE AESTHETICS(THE BEAUTIFUL ENVIRONMENT) WHICH I FIRST SAW IN 1999 WHEN I VISITED MY ELDER SISTER WHO WAS A 100L STUDENT IN IFE THEN. IT WAS AFTER I HAD PASSED MY UME, WAITING TO RESUME[we actually resumed in Sept. 2001,one year after passing UME, because the school combined 2000 and 2001 Jambites then(60-40),and those of us coming with 2000 UME had to wait for the 2001 batch then ] THAT I STARTED READING AND MAKING ENQUIRIES ABOUT IFE.
COLLEAGUES, HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND IFE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TO ME IN MY LIFE. WHERE DO I START? IS IT THE HONOUR AND RESPECT PEOPLE GIVE TO ME WHENEVER THEY KNOW I AM FROM IFE? IS IT THE EXPOSURE AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION I HAD IN IFE THAT ALWAYS STAND ME TALL ABOVE MY FRIENDS WHO DID NOT GO TO IFE?
THE RESPECT PEOPLE GIVE ME IS JUST TOO MUCH!!! PEOPLE PANT IN AWE ON MERE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR ASSOCIATION WITH IFE, LOOKING AT YOU AS IF YOU ARE FROM ANOTHER PLANET.
MY GOD, I THANK YOU FOR GUIDING ME TO CHOOSE IFE
I HAVE TO GO NOW, MORE NEXT TIME

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2007
whats great abt IFE pls tell me
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by pcicero(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2007
cheesy, olrotimi or arotimi, so many things are great about the school, but i was an Awoite through and through, shame on those who despise us  grin though  l graduated in 2002 and i enjoyed  every bit of it. They thought some of us would not leave the campus. we were too involved. ask Dayokanu, cashie at SUB Gabon, Spiritual et al, , aluta with my pple Burkina, Speaker, Energy. too much
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Jarus(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
Great Ife,
I stayed in Awo thruout my 5+ years in Ife, studying a 4-yr course(Economics),and i don't have any regret.If I have the opportunity to sku in Nigeria again I'll still go Ife.Yes,to spend 6 years reading a 4-yr course!

100 level I stayed in Room 005 Self Help Awo;200 level, temporarily in rm 333 awo annexe,later in Awo block 7,rm 189; 300L, rm203 Awo blk 7 and final year I was allocated faj rm 231 but Isold it and went to buy a psce in rm203 Awo hall.

Although I didnt use to do Aro, i enjoyed it. I cant stay elsewhere other than Awo.
Infact I have written one article on Awo hall to be published soon in The Nation newspaper.

Ife blood runs in my vein. Even after graduating,I always feel concerned about Ife,At times I'll just type OAU on google to know the latest on Ife.Virtually my articles in nigerian papers centre on Ife(THE WORLD OF AWO HALL-THE NATION;A TALE OF TWO VARSITIES-PUNCH,THE NATION,TRIBUNE;WILL OAU EVER KNOW PEACE?-PUNCH;etc)
Ife is just too much.
I am currently serving in Sokoto state,and I must tell you that shortly before the end of our orientation camping when schools were converging for group pix,Ife was the cynosure of all eyes as all other corpers were just looking at us as we sang our anthem and had a get-together.We plan to hold Great ife week in Sokoto here by God's grace 3rd wk of january.
I have met alot of people that attended other unis but vowed to me that they pursued Ife for long even as some have vowed they must have Ife certificate.
I always thank God that I attended Ife because no other school in NGR could have earned this type of honour and respect.As an Ife product,pple expect much from u but we have not being disappointing.
Whoever asks that what is great about Ife says so out of envy.
Two common points pple use to tackle Ife are:
1,aluta:Ife students know their right and will always go for it.You can't cheat Ife students. So whats wrong with that,even as our brand of aluta is a strainless one, not the ones that involve burmimg buildingd etc
2,too many first class:I have met some Unilorin and other northern universty students who used to tell me that Ife is a cheap school,that a 2-1 in their school is like 1-1 in Ife.What a fallacy. Almost half of the best students min sec. schls in the West choose Ife,so its a battle ground for geniuses.In a very ultra-competitive environment like that 1-1 will always be a common things.And whhats bad in many 1-1 ?Is Harvard not one of the world's best? Yet many 1-1.
More later
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by himmanoel(m): 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
Please who in here knows when the addmission list will be out I mean for the 2007/2008 session.anyone with credible information should please mail himmanoel@yahoo.co.uk
thanks.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by medman007(m): 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
Hi Fellow Aspiring 100L students of OAU,

I just got this news this evening from a fellow predite that the list for the JAMBITES has been pasted in the school today and he said he called the school to confirm and the response he got was positive. so i asked what about the PREDITES List, he said that has not be pastd may be tomorrow according to him. so i making this post to inform you of what i heard and please. confirm the authenticity of this post.

Cheers

Ahmed
ahmed_ola007@yahoo.com
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by bakenda(m): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2008
Remembering Great Ife?
Ok,I remember seeing this written somewhere.

MOZ:The hall of motherless babies.
MOREMI:The hall of babyless mothers.

No offence intended o,just recalling what I saw.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by medman007(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hi Aspiring Great Ife Student,

I'm sory for not posting this info on time, the list is already on OAU eportal, so you can check your by logging onto http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng and thereafter click on "student list" on your left or simply click on this link http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/studlist1.php. I have checked mine and my name is out under Comp. Engineering.

Cheers!

Ahmed.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by fosola: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2008
Greatest of the greatest of the greatest, now that is one university am so proud to be a member. One of the things that partcularly pleases me about my university is that no matter where we are, we have a way of just clicking up and we are always so proud to be identified as one and we can hold our ground on any issue. Aint we just GREAT!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by conda00410(m): 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2008
Probably the best tread I’ve read on this forum,
Great Ife,,, Oba Awo University
Only African University
i remember being an active member of Awo hall,
i participated in all aro during my first year, the craziest of all that still made me smile till date, is exposing my ass one night during aro and my fellow awoites pointed different touches at it, all hailing me, lol, (That was almost a decade ago).
once a great ife, always a great ife
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by laplace(m): 2:57am On Feb 14, 2008
What more do I have to say? I am VERY proud to be a First Class Graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. Fose! Fose!! Fose!!! I can never forget the 'White House' experience. The jollof rice at Health Sciences, the amala at Pharmacy and Smokey Old Buka, and all the effizy food joints in New Buka. Omo No Bi Yams o. Whenever you're among other Nigerian graduates, you stand out by default. Great Ife has imparted her rich culture of excellence into all. I wrote an aptitude test recently and more than 90% of those of us who passed are Great Ife Guys. The Recruiting Manager could not hide it this time. He shouted, 'Great Ife Again'.
Who still remembers Tsunami? Will exams hold? Mojo Break? November 3rd? Saburi, a.k.a Malcolm X? Dr 3A's?
Omo, I gat go do my MBA in Ife? Missed all the Aro in Awo, pretence in Fajuyi, boyishness in ETF, mummymummies in Moremi, iron clad ladies in Sports, and the journey just comes in MOZ.
Wetin make I do? Holla to all the agbasis and the opekes o jare. Comrado Jemgbetiele.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Jarus(m): 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
I just left the venue of NYSC POP in Sokoto state now. The first and second positions in the Sultan/NYSC essay competition for Sokoto corpers graduated from Great Ife!!!!!!!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by lexo4real(m): 3:11am On Feb 15, 2008
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY O A U [OBA AWON UNIVERSITY] [ONLY AVAILABLE UNIVERSITY] [OGA AWON UNIVERSITY] GREAT IFE STUDENTS HAPPY NEW YEAR. OAU IS NOT LIKE OTHER UNIVERSITY LIKE "OSU" "LASU angry" "DESU angry" AND OTHER "SU" UNIVERSITY. embarassed
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Topido36: 12:54am On Mar 30, 2008
I am also searching for Moji Adedoye (Candy Girl). Any information please? Topsy.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ademocrat(m): 2:28am On Mar 30, 2008
Oau is a very great place,bone the alutas,oau remains 'oba awon universities', nothin do us,bone white house,Ajose rush etc.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by niyi09(m): 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2008
@ademocrat
what level r you currently in OAU
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by beelala: 11:26am On Apr 10, 2008
greatest ife

my names are,

yeah i remember the yori yori story!!

my best times were during tony fashayo, obesere-- dose aluta guys made d school really lively but omo dem extend our stay sha

the intellectual vegetables, mr wale omole oh God no wonder the guy really hit them hard with dismissal.

the convocation disruption that gave ife a bad name. and the jacking at night ohhhhhhhhhhhh. the Greatest of the greatest of the greatest of the

do u know aluta ife yato si ti ,
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by bobobabe: 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hey my pple,
Ife yato ni school. im really missing all the activities especially UJCM exam prayer meetings, well , everything in life is about season.
Pls i will like to know if this is rumour or truth about our GREAT IFE ANTHEM because a friend told me on phone that the new VC has changed the anthem. response pls.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by osat02: 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2008
Lets all do something about Ife grin grin
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ibkajilore: 2:09am On Apr 13, 2008
Great ife!!! i went, i saw and conquer. graduating in OAU has change my mind-set and attitude to life , u can attend OAU and come home the same person for me it has been a wonderful experience everything i did on campus added valve to my life, it was more like building ground for me and to crown it all i graduated with a 2.1.
Great ife remain Great ife,we are everywhere let keep up the steam for the coming generation.
greaaaaaaaaaaat ife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which One Of These Fingers Type Do You Belong To? / Twitter User Appreciates Her Security Guard Father During Her Graduation / NOUN GST 107/707/807 (Good Study Guide) Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.