Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,084 members, 7,859,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

The Wilderness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wilderness (696 Views)

Embrace Your Wilderness / Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? / No Atheist In The Wilderness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
In the Bible you would find God's greatest prophets in the wilderness. There seems to be this connection between great men and wilderness. The wilderness is a place where hunger and desperation for God is expressed. It is a place of hunger, abandonment, separation, emptiness and death. It is desperation that drives us to the wilderness, that cry in our heart that "I rather see God or die here". Yes the wilderness is a place of hunger and desperation. I am not talking about a physical wilderness but a spiritual one. I am talking about leaving your life (who you are and the things you do) and just get lost there in the spirit, crying out desperately for God.

You are tired of of your shallow spiritual life, you want more, just more of God. You begin to become obsess with the desire for more of God. You turn in your bed, troubled with that desire, your heart continue to cry "please more, I want to know you more, reveal yourself to me". Even while you sleep you wake up in the midnight to hear yourself still crying unconsciously "Lord I want to know you". You become so obsess with the desire to know Him that you begin to hate every other thing, you begin to loss interest in every other thing. Little by little you are drifting away, away from things you use to do, even away from your social life. You can't bear to be joking and socializing with people while that hunger continued to burn you inside. You feel unrest while you are among friends wasting away time, you just can't remain with them.

"No! I must know Him, I must know Him" those thought posses your mind, they troubles you, they are driving you mad. Like a wild hungry lion you begin to devour and explore everything that might lead you to knowing Him. You realize you have no time to do the things you use to do before, all your mind is just focus on knowing Him. You begin to even hate life itself, so you found yourself in the wilderness, starving yourself of life - of the chance to do what others are doing. You just can't bear to just continue living life without knowing Him, it is either you die or know Him. So there you lay in the wilderness, wasting away in hunger and deprivation.

You must know Him, yes you must know Him. You gathered all the materials that your hand can reach, materials that points you to Him. Restlessly you search and unrelenting you continued, while each night you cry out for Him. You are loosing yourself, you know you are loosing yourself but you don't care, for you must know Him. And right there in the wilderness God is draining you of yourself, emptying you because it is your fullness that has prevent Him to fill you with Him. All this while you were so busy with your life, busy with religion and as a result He couldn't reveal Himself to you. Now here in the wilderness He had gotten you where He wants you and He must drain you of yourself in order to fill you with Himself.

So there in the wilderness you thought you were dying but no, something greater is happening to you, something wonderful. It was Him that put that desire in you, and as you nurtured it and allow it posses you, it brought you to the wilderness where God wants you. And now God empties you and you feel like you are going to die. The devil comes to tempt you, to make you run, run away from the wilderness and abandon God there. Just when you are so close to God revealing Himself to you, you suddenly develop the desire to leave the wilderness and go and mingle with the world, get entangled in religious activities and the mundane things of the world. But you overcame because you are an overcomer. You remain there and allow yourself die and out of that death came life, yes the Life reveals Himself to you. You found what your soul hungers for, here is He, the one you have been seeking to know Alas! Alas! Oh, It's worth it, it is worth all the suffering and sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2015
happy Sunday
Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 11:42am On Nov 08, 2015
To know God and nothing more

1 Like

Re: The Wilderness by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:
To know God and nothing more

What are the attributes of your god if you truly know him/it?
Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifeness:

What are the attributes of your god if you truly know him/it?
What is the essence of telling you when you can experience Him yourself. Stories can be very interesting but experience transforms.
Come know Him, my dear
Re: The Wilderness by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

What is the essence of telling you when you can experience Him yourself. Stories can be very interesting but experience transforms.
Come know Him, my dear

My friend is gay and he says it is an attribute of god too. Do you agree he is experiencing god too?
Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifeness:

My friend is gay and he says it is an attribute of god too. Do you agree he is experiencing god too?
It is God's love that has made me soft, I can't help it. I use to be a very tough person. But when I came to experience God love, it made me soft, it overwhelms me with such sweetness. His love is so great that it could humble the mightiest and toughest man.

Why don't you come and experience it yourself, it would transform you completely.
Re: The Wilderness by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

It is God's love that has made me soft, I can't help it. I use to be a very tough person. But when I came to experience God love, it made me soft, it overwhelms me with such sweetness. His love is so great that it could humble the mightiest and toughest man.

Why don't you come and experience it yourself, it would transform you completely.

I am a God and I already experience that. I experince whatever my vibration matches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifeness:

Oh, about your friend- is that the excuse you give yourself?
Whenever you find somebody who is truly experiencing God, you would turn your face and remember those who are bringing shame to His name and then you tell yourself "this cannot be true"

Is that the deception you choose to imprison yourself?
Don't you know that for every good product there is always a fake out there, but that doesn't mean the original doesn't exist.

So you've chosen to deceive yourself and miss out from experiencing God's wonderful love.
Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifeness:

I am a God and I already experience that. I experince whatever my vibration matches.
And how has that been going for you?
Isn't that why you are so frustrated?
Re: The Wilderness by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Oh, about your friend- is that the excuse you give yourself?
Whenever you find somebody who is truly experiencing God, you would turn your face and remember those who are bringing shame to His name and then you tell yourself "this cannot be true"

Is that the deception you choose to imprison yourself?
Don't you know that for every good product there is always a fake out there, but that doesn't mean the original doesn't exist.

So you've chosen to deceive yourself and miss out from experiencing God's wonderful love.

I asked if you agreed he is experiencing God too? If you disagree,you have a lot to learn.
Re: The Wilderness by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hiswordxray:

And how has that been going for you?
Isn't that why you are so frustrated?

Frustrated? Did I tell you I am frustrated? Why do you assume you are better than anyone who doesn't think like you do?

1 Like

Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifeness:

Frustrated? Did I tell you I am frustrated? Why do you assume you are better than anyone who doesn't think like you do?
When you see a mad person, why do you think he is mad? Did he tell you that he is mad? Why do you assume you are better than anyone who doesn't think like you do?
Re: The Wilderness by 5minsmadness: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
My friend is a pedophile and he says it is an attribute of god too. Do you agree he is experiencing god too? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Wilderness by Hiswordxray(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2017
Happy Sunday

(1) (Reply)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / The Truth About Islam And The Misconception People Have About It / Almighty Allah Spoke The Word And Jesus Came Into Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.