Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? (2176 Views)

No Atheist In The Wilderness / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
In a world controlled and dominated by organized religion, the "atheist" becomes "the voice in the wilderness."

Calling for a change in the attitude and practices of the people meant there was an element of disbelieve and discontentment in the status quo prompting a desire for a new order and thus the call by John the baptist.

I doubt if John would have been inspired to call for a change if he was comfortable and eating fat from the status quo. It won't be a stretch of the imagination to see the materialistic tendencies and excesses that he denounced by his lifestyle.

Was he affiliated to any religious organization?
Did he profess a belief at variance with the mainstream belief system?

Sometimes I see people with organized-religion-non-conforming-opinion or belief branded as "atheist." And I wonder how/why we celebrate Jesus who asked the priests of his day questions they couldn't answer, who prolly held different opinion about certain aspects of their organized system of worship and beliefs, but brand those that question some things in our religious doctrines and practices as "atheist."

We are told the law was made and given to the Jews and that we are gentiles, saved and living by the grace of Jesus Christ, yet we are required and made to pay tithe, a precondition to enjoy God's blessings under the Law. Why?

We are told, "our God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob;" and we celebrate and build doctrines on the fact that Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, high priest of the most high God, (a non-Jew, an alien?)

We are told that why we pay tithe is because it predates the law, but so is Polygamy or Incest. So?

And if I draw the conclusion that the Jews (descendants of Abraham) were not the only people that knew, worshiped or had access to the Most High God, I will be given a label. Yet we forget that Melchizedek was not a High Priest in isolation, but with a people and followers.
Who were his people and followers?

We are made to believe that every other people in the bible, except the Israelites, were pagan Idol worshippers, including the followers of Melchizedek?

I purposely left out citing Bible verses knowing my audience are well-versed in it. grin

Cc:
Seun, johnydon22, adepeter26, Niflheim, hahn, thehomer, JackBizzle, lepasharon, cloudgodess, frecocoa, Mynd44, CatFishBilly, Kay17, joseph1013, frank317, HardMirror, wiegraf, EvilBrain, teempakguy, Lennycool, akintom, SirWere, obinna58, jonbellion, onetrack, plaetton, uyilredia, kingebukasblog, ifenes, etc.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by johnydon22(m): 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
i applaud the genius that is the OP, i do not think i need say no more or add anything to this beautiful piece.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by hahn(m): 12:16am On Apr 02, 2017
What I do not understand is what exactly is how the business of Isaac, Abraham and Jacob is any concern of us as Africans

Are we Jews? Is anyone here Palestine?

undecided

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by ednut1(m): 7:40am On Apr 02, 2017
From d tower of babel story it can be implied heaven is in the skies and he confused them so they wont reach der. . Bt when oyinbos were inventing space crafts why did God not confuse them. Or is it that heaven was never in the skies or it was moved angry. I am not understanding. Who can shed more light

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2017
ednut1:
From d tower of babel story it can be implied heaven is in the skies and he confused them so they wont reach der. . Bt when oyinbos were inventing space crafts why did God not confuse them. Or is it that heaven was never in the skies or it was moved angry. I am not understanding. Who can shed more light

God Repented, which goes against doctrinal teachings that God does not change.
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2017
menxer:

God Repented, which goes against doctrinal teachings that God does not change.
God repented?

Buhahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2017
ednut1:
Permit me to create a new thread using ya comment
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 10:24am On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:

God repented?

Buhahahahahahahahaha

What other explanation is there for God not confounding scientists and space explorers?
grin
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2017
menxer:

What other explanation is there for God not confounding scientists and space explorers?
grin
I Ve created a thread on that. Let's read their opinions and views
I hope they even subscribe to the thread by commenting

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 10:28am On Apr 02, 2017
hahn:
What I do not understand is what exactly is how the business of Isaac, Abraham and Jacob any concern of us as Africans

undecided

... Because we have claimed to be the lost tribes of Israel.
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
you all will be damned for all eternity in hell fire grin
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by hopefulLandlord: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
hahn:
What I do not understand is what exactly is how the business of Isaac, Abraham and Jacob any concern of us as Africans

undecided

I tire o
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Zico0(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Would y'all just let others behave like religious people too, but I ain't with the killings and Islam-Christianity bigotry though? We all know the Bible isn't perfect but just allow christianity and its apperceptions of god be, however way it is spelt, so that we can find meaning in life also in it. We do not need to be that critical to their beliefs at times. For what is life without god, hmm? I believe in god, in me.
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
adepeter26:

I Ve created a thread on that. Let's read their opinions and views
I hope they even subscribe to the thread by commenting

Where is the link?
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Zico0:
Would y'all just let others behave like religious people too, but I ain't with the killings and Islam-Christianity bigotry though? We all know the Bible isn't perfect but just allow christianity and its apperceptions of god be, however way it is spelt, so that we can find meaning in life also in it. We do not need to be that critical to their beliefs at times. For what is life without god, hmm? I believe in god, in me.

That is allegedly admitting that God is not perfect, after we are told the Bible is God's word?
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Zico0(m): 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
menxer:

That is allegedly admitting that God is not perfect, after we are told the Bible is God's word?
'course, god's word written by people -- Apperceptions
Btw, are people perfect?
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
Zico0:

'course, god's word written by people -- Apperceptions
Btw, are people perfect?

Meaning God is a creation of man, and since man is not perfect, he can't create a perfect God.
Great!
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Zico0(m): 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
menxer:

Meaning God is a creation of man, and since man is not perfect, he can't create a perfect God.
Great!
Yep, man can't create a perfect god, but we just believe that god is perfect
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by orisa37: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
It's a Voice from Hell. And no one is listening.
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
the argument always put forward by atheist are inapplicable ,irrelivant, always complexand often incomprehensible to digest.you,claim there is no GOD and yet you can not defend it .with all the common sense that made you adopt the ignorance concept(there is no GOD).At least the beliver has use both quran and bible to substantiate their evidence.pls provide one fact from your science book or logical mind.

however the inteligent mind among you will soon find his way to GOD and failure to the rest of you who could not will not mean there is no way. denial of reality does not make it unreal. this is a science fact

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
A88C:
the argument always put forward by atheist are inapplicable ,irrelivant, always complexand often incomprehensible to digest.you,claim there is no GOD and yet you can not defend it .with all the common sense that made you adopt the ignorance concept(there is no GOD).At least the beliver has use both quran and bible to substantiate their evidence.pls provide one fact from your science book or logical mind.

however the inteligent mind among you will soon find his way to GOD and failure to the rest of you who could not will not mean there is no way. denial of reality does not make it unreal. this is a science fact

And how does this relate to the OP?

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Zico0:

Yep, man can't create a perfect god, but we just believe that god is perfect

Does that make sense to you?
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
orisa37:
It's a Voice from Hell. And no one is listening.

That you commented on an atheist related thread means you are not just listening but have heard.
grin
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by hopefulLandlord: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
menxer:

And how does this relate to the OP?
good question

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=menxer post=55355415]

And how does this relate to the OP? [/ quote]my esennce of that post is to refute all the claims of the atheist that they are wise and not specifically following the op though
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by hopefulLandlord: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
A88C:
my esennce of that post is to refute all the claims of the atheist that they are wise and not specifically following the op though
when has atheism claim to be wiser

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by luvmijeje(f): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
Disjointed article. He's just jumping from one point to another with nonsensical analogy.

Even if you're a lone wolf you will die as a lone wolf. Because you're unorganized and unconstitutional.

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

when has atheism claim to be wiser
should i take that as a question or refusing the statement?
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by hopefulLandlord: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
A88C:
should i take that as a question or refusing the statement?

you said atheism claim to be "wise"; when did atheism ever laid any wisdom claim?
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you said atheism claim to be "wise"; when did atheism ever laid any wisdom claim?
And i am asking you. shouild i take it as a question or you are refusing to accept what i say.

1 Like

Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
A88C:

my esennce of that post is to refute all the claims of the atheist that they are wise and not specifically following the op though

And where is your wisdom in doing that?

I think It's best to address points in a discourse as raised, not refute claims that are way out of context of the subject matter.
Re: Atheist: A Voice In The Wilderness? by menxer: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
luvmijeje:
Disjointed article. He's just jumping from one point to another with nonsensical analogy.

Even if you're a lone wolf you will die as a lone wolf. Because you're unorganized and unconstitutional.

That's why you are here to point out the disjointedness in the article.

@bolded, so you are constitutionally authorized to curse anyone that is unorganized?
I wonder which constitution is that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists, Is The Act Of Committing Murder Wrong? / Are You Waiting For 2nd Coming Of Jesus Christ? You Will Regret It! / Should The Old Testament Laws Be Observed In The Modern Era?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.