Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (374527 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2016
solite3:

False witness look here

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

thomas said the truth the only problem with thomas was that he took too much time for him to recognise Jesus.

Even the pharisee knew Jesus was making himself God hence wanted to take him out.

Demons recognise Jesus as the Son of God, do you reject it because they are devils so why will you reject what the pharisee thought about Jesus making himself God when Jesus reaction supported it too?

Why will you reject thomas words because he doubted?
There is no truth in you!
Does your faith in God gives room for doubt?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:

Can you please expatiate on this.
Religion blocks the light of christ from reaching men hence plunging men into darkness when i men darkness it means absence of God for God is light. Atheism is darkness people who call themselves athesit do so because God is absent from them.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by akintom(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
solite3:
Religion blocks the light of christ from reaching men hence plunging men into darkness when i men darkness it means absence of God for God is light. Atheism is darkness people who call themselves athesit do so because God is absent from them.

What kind of LIGHT is God?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2016
achorladey:

Oga I insist, give me confirmation from the 'horses mouth'.
you are just like the pharisees who rejected a man's account because they felt he was not worthy.
If you dont believe the one of the apostle of christ is it Jesus you will now believe?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2016
solite3:
you are just like the pharisees who rejected a man's account because they felt he was not worthy.
If you dont believe the one of the apostle of christ is it Jesus you will now believe?

Argument from authority
An argument from authority (Latin : argumentum ad verecundiam ), also called an appeal to authority , is a common type of argument which can be fallacious , such as when an authority is cited on a topic outside their area of expertise or when the authority cited is not a true expert.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2016
solite3:

Oga wetin the person wey be the authority about this matter talk about himself and God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 25, 2016
achorladey:

Can you hear yourself, yet the JWs believe the greatest man who ever lived was Jesus. Yet they believe Jesus is God's greatest gift to mankind. Yet you insist they are against humanity.
satan is a deceptive spirit who makes you think he is working for humanity but he is a liar, he came to steal to kill and to destroy.

Jw organisation are serving satan's agenda by spreading false messages about Jesus,God and the holy Spirit.
The message of christ is pure it is about the cross of the christ and his power.
Jws organisation makes people to turn their back on their saviour thinking he is just a good man or angel.
They love to attack the identity of christ because if people realize who christ is they will turn to him as thomas finally realize who Jesus his.
That organisation is down right satanic and anti christian look at their hate towards christendom.
Manipulating and adding to the scriptures are among their vice.
Well, christians knows about the many device of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
In your God yes, In our God No..
achorladey:

Does your faith in God gives room for doubt?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
{Isaiah 60:1} Arise, Shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
{2 Corinthians 4:6} For God commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
akintom:

What kind of LIGHT is God?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by akintom(m): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
brocab:
{Isaiah 60:1} Arise, Shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
{2 Corinthians 4:6} For God commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Metaphysical Science is obsolete now.

ICT is the illumination now.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Emusan(m): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:

Another dimension from Mr. Rational

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by akintom(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
Emusan:

Another dimension from Mr. Rational
Are you now one of the JW?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
Well if you don't believe-you don't believe simple..
akintom:

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Emusan(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
akintom:

Are you now one of the JW?
Are JWs not Atheist again according to your fundamental basis

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
More facts you should about false jw

Are Jehovah Witnesses Christian?

By David J. Stewart

NO!!!!! The Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's) go door-to-door, want you to do “book” studies with them, and teach doctrines not in line with the Bible. They are persistent and well trained by the Watchtower Organization based in New York city. Are the Jehovah's Witnesses Christian? No, not any any sense of the term.

JW's deny several fundamental doctrines of the Bible, including the Godhead, the deity of Jesus Christ, the bodily resurrection of Christ, His bodily return, the Millennial reign of Christ, the Holy Spirit, et cetera. JW's deny a literal Hell and teach that hell (Sheol in the Old Testament) merely refers to the grave. However, Psalm 9:17 plainly states that the wicked shall be turned into Hell. If the righteous and the wicked go to the same place, then Psalm 9:17 would make no sense at all. Clearly, the righteous and the wicked go to different places upon death.

JW's teach that Michael the archangel became Jesus. They try to steer away from this doctrine because it is one of the topics that can be used to show prospective JW's the fallacy of their religion. Most people have a problem with the idea that Michael and Jesus are the same person, and rightfully so, because it is a lie of the Devil.

JW's teach that Jesus is “a god,” but not almighty God. Jesus plainly claimed in Revelation 1:8 to be “the almighty.” John 10:33 evidences that Jesus taught men that He is God. By the way, I only use the trustworthy King James Bible. JW founder, Charles Taze Russell, wrote his own corrupt Bible titled, the New World Translation. How more obvious could it be that the JW religion was created as part of the New World Order's exploitation of religion to lead the masses into a one-world religion and global government?

[url=http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Jehovah%20Witnesses/jw-exposed.htm]continue reading here[/url]

there are many links there relevant to the OP, on facts you should know about false jw

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:53am On Nov 26, 2016
solite3:

False witness look here

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

thomas said the truth the only problem with thomas was that he took too much time for him to recognise Jesus.

Even the pharisee knew Jesus was making himself God hence wanted to take him out.

Demons recognise Jesus as the Son of God, do you reject it because they are devils so why will you reject what the pharisee thought about Jesus making himself God when Jesus reaction supported it too?

Why will you reject thomas words because he doubted?
There is no truth in you!

Yes, Thomas called Jesus: "my Lord" and "my God"
and Jesus affirmed it to Thomas saying: "because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed"

Jesus has shown many times in the NT that He is God, the blinded of course cannot see it.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:46am On Nov 26, 2016
And this is the problem we have with the JW's like Thomas they also have doubts, the JW's won't believe until they see the evidence.
Blessed are those who have not seen and believed.
johnw74:

Yes, Thomas called Jesus: "my Lord" and "my God"
and Jesus affirmed it to Thomas saying: "because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed"

Jesus has shown many times in the NT that He is God, the blinded of course cannot see it.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
johnw74:

what a lie lie, I told you that, you love to lie

satan is a god, a false god, just like you say the Word-Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is.

no confused one satan is not God, but he is your god.

good you agreed that Satan is a god, a "thoes".

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart

bro has God given Faith, he knows that our Lord Jesus Christ is God in the flesh

I post to you to show up some of your lies, because you are such a big lie lie
and belonging to the church of satan, I just like to do it smiley

does he agree with you that proverbs 8 :22- 30 is referring to Jesus?, if no is the answer, have you tried to tell him the truth? if you have tried to tell him the truth, has he accepted?

I'm not talking about jesus is God in the flesh, I'm talking about proverbs 8 :22-30 .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
You may have checked {Matthew 17:21} in other bibles-You should look up the rest of the scriptures, I have given you, and then tell me, if all the other bibles you have mention, had twisted or removed those scriptures as well.
I've said I will handle the scriptures you feel are omitted, removed or altered one by one, I've checked Matthew 17:21, it has been discovered that it's the key that's at fault. I've given you what is said about that verse while you have not been able to give any explanation in defence of the kjv.

If you have no evidence to present concerning Matthew 17:21 , but still feel their are other verses you have issues with, plus present one of them ,we will be handling them one by one. so I will wait if you will put up another verse to claim it's been omitted.

but you never looked it up out from the KJV bible-and yet when it comes to Jehovah's name you agree fully that the KJ's hold the secrets to God's name.
Hypocritical isn't it.
haha, I know it pains you that you can find the name of God in your bible, but there is nothing you can do about it, you can refuse to quote that verse , but it is there. moreover, whichever translation I use, as long as it exposes your false beliefs, you will have issues with it, you are now finding fault in my use of the kjv to expose you.

You check the KJ's for an argument every time you feel you need to prove a statement, but not this time-the KJ's doesn't even receive a mention.
yes, because in this case, the kjv did not translate correctly(read the prove given by the scholars)

The 1611 bible was copied first, and the JW's had the KJ's bible printing on their pressers. And now you are denying the KJ's holds the truth. Another hypocritical statement.
where was the 1611 bible copied from?. One good thing about how Christians handle knowledge is that if their find some things to be false , they leave it!, more and more translators and scholars are finding out that the kjv contain some false translations, or contain additions made by scribes who copied the manuscripts.

The new century version {Matthew 17:21} as clear as it say's. Some of the others bible's you have mention, I can't seem to trace them down. God's Word?
Google is your friend

Bart D. Ehrman was a Christian for at least 15 years, and return himself back into a atheist, so you are picking up your information from a atheist who thinks he knows the truth.
1. support your statement with prove
2. You don't need to be a christian to examine the authenticity of certain manuscripts , he might not have faith in what it says, that does not mean he cannot spot a false addition.
I might not know french, but I surely know if a word is written in blue or red ink!
he has checked the older manuscripts and came to the same conclusion other Christians (some who believe in trinity have)

Well done good and faithful servant.
thank you.
This is why people in genial read the KJ's bible because it holds all truth..
you have a right to say so, you have a right not to believe the truth supported with facts.

Satan came here to kill, steal and destroy, please continual, because with all the other junk you have written, proves, your not someone who actually believes in the bible, because you receive your information from non believing atheist..
Every Word in the bible is written by God.
Beside's nothing you have written below the bible names, proves there's any truth to it.
Brocab, when one person or group of persons bring a translation out and claim it's accurate, and another person or group brings another translation out ,also claiming it's accurate. You look at the two translations and you find that in some verses, what is written is totally different, what should a sensible person who searches for the truth, blindly believe one over the other or try and search for which one is accurate and which one is false.

I do not believe everything this scholars says, but I do try to look deeper into their conclusions to arrive at my own conclusion.
If you feel that what one of them says is false simply because he is not a christian, then it shows how deep your refusal to accept truth is.
I believe you are educated, do you disagree with what you are taught simply because the teacher does not believe in what he or she is teaching you?
moreover, I quoted more than one scholar, who hold the same view, are all of them atheist!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
Thank you-you call Him God God..But the true meaning to Jehovah is Lord..
It's good you can use the KJ's bible for God's name Jehovah-but you won't use the KJ's bible concerning missing scriptures.

You can continue as long as you want to deny your bible, refusing to quote that verse even after numerous requests have been made to you to quote it.
Most people know what psalms 83: 18 says, it tells us that God's name is Jehovah!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
Which of the two do you believe in scripture. And this will prove, you have denied {John 1:1}
A. {John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
B. {John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god?

you asked me that question before, I answered you, even quoted the verse to you, the answer is B.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
If God had never sent Himself to the Earth-then explain why an angel of the Lord said to Mary, she will receive a son, and His name will be called immanual-meaning God with us?
1. There is no "if" there, even you cannot suggest that God sent himself. The scriptures are clear on who God sent.
The prophecies say God sent his servant, not himself . God was indicating and talking about someone else, not himself.
pls read this verses and tell me if you think God was talking about himself as the one sent.
King James Version
Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

King James Version
Isa 42:6I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, [/u]and will hold thine hand,[/u] and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isa 42:7To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

King James Version
Isa 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

brocab, look at those verses and yell me if God was talking about himself.

King James Version
Joh 17:3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

King James Version
1Jo 4:10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

jesus says he was sent by God, God says his son jesus, jesus tells us that the one who sent him is his father. You read all this and you could still ask if God sent himself? wow!

And why does {Isaiah 9:6} Say's. For unto us a child is born, Unto us a Son is given, And the Government will be upon His shoulder, and His name will be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, prince of peace..

brocab, calling someone immanual or someone bearing the that does not mean that person is God. There was an immanual before jesus came to earth,, that person was not God

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
{Proverbs 8:22-30} Proves the Lord wasn't created, and He was with God from the beginning of existence.
And when Jesus said; I and the Father are One, it proves they exist.
Reading it from {Isaiah 8:1-22} sounds even better.

I'm not asking you what the verses proof, simple question , do you agree that the verses (prov 8: 22-30) is referring to jesus.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
We see and know the same God-but you don't know the name of your God..
same God, but having different beliefs !

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=51343361][/quote]
(go and learn how to quote)

you could not bring any scripture in any translation that says :
1. jesus is jehovah
2. jesus is almighty God
3. jesus and the father are one God almighty.

You mentioned Rev 1 : 18, it says :
King James Version
Re 1:18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

the verse did not say jesus is almighty God(no wonder you could not quote it).
jesus says he was dead, SOLITE3 ALMIGHTY GOD CANNOT DIE!
Hab 1:12 Are you not from everlasting, O Jehovah? O my God, my Holy One, you do not die. O Jehovah, you appointed them to execute judgment; My Rock, you established them for punishment.

if Satan is not a god, plus tell us who is the god of this world?

you have abandoned your lion analogy, no verse says jesus is the only true son of God, stop fomulating things!.
we all know that jesus has brothers who are sons of God, we all know that apart from jesus, there are other sons of God, your analogies keep falling by the wayside .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
Then you are not reading the scriptures-nor are you listening, when Jesus made His remark by saying I and the Father are One, the Jews picked up stones to stone Him, "why" you asked, because the Jews heard Him say I and the Father are One. Meaning Jesus was telling them He and His Father are one the same God..This is why they wanted to stone Him.
And Jesus is proven to be without sin, so this proves Jesus wasn't lying when He said I and the Father are One {John 10:30}
{John 17:21} That they all maybe one; as you, Father are in Me, and I in You, that they also be One in us, that the world may believe the world had sent Me.

He simply meant I and the father are one in a sense that He is Just like his father. He possesses and reflects his father's qualities.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
johnw74:

False jw jozzy, there is only one God the Father, and you left out the rest of the verse that shows that the Father and Jesus Christ are two persons in the one God, that of whom and by whom are all things:

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Also:

the Father (theos) means: a diety, especially the supreme Divinity, God

one Lord Jesus Christ (kurios) means: supreme in authority, God

some will also know that there are many lord's,
but Jesus there is called "one" Lord Jesus Christ

Eph_4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Or it could be said:
One God, one faith, one baptism, Lord and God in these verses both = God

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

There is the father (theos God)

There is one Lord Jesus Christ (kurios God)

Lie Lie jozzy

To his disciples Jesus is also a Stronger,a master and it is not unusual if they refer to him as our lord. Jesus is mighty in power too..
But no where in the bible was he referred to as the ALMIGHTY. Jehovah is almighty ALONE.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
johnw74:

Many verses have been posted showing that the Word - Jesus is God,
and false jw don't believe them.

But unless false jw sees an exact verse where Jesus say's "I am God" they won't believe,
the truth is they wouldn't believe even if there was an exact verse where Jesus said "I am God",
they would twist it and have Jesus saying "I am a god"

Literally it is impossible to be someone and be with that person. No two people are one. The idea itself is preposterous. And Jesus knows that.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
zodiakzax:
hahahhahahhaha yes exactly. And as you said they would have by now changed it in their bible saying Jesus says "I am a god" instead of "I am God". John 1:1 and Heb 1:8 really got me very furious. If only Dolphinheart and his pple can just Understand the ministry of Jesus an both Man and God, they wouldnt be asking some senseless qtns.

Jozzy is one liar, he claims they are one in understanding yet he says Russell is not the founder of JW's whilst the OP of this thread says Russell is the founder, is that not division? I am being quiet bcs no matter what I tell him it seems he's blinded to the truth and would even lie even if the truth is right there in his face. Is God's nature and God's divine nature not the same? He knws it but bcs dolphinheart was fumbling about the nature of God, he decided to quickly cook up a lie to rescue his brother. I pity them

Jozzy and Dolphinheart, why have u guys changed Heb 1:8??

Mt 28:18
Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. No one is given authority unles there is someone higher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
solite3:
There certain words in the bible that Jws wished were not there that is why they discourage sincere bible study without their material. I once study with a Jw when I was very young n do you know what they know nothing about the bible. She tried to suppress my questions by using their already made question grin but I was too much for her to handle

Nah you choose to be with the world cos u like things of the world. As a baptized Jw I tell you,not everyone can be Jw. Leave Matta for mattias

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
brocab:
Jesus is fully God.
John explains what it means for Jesus to be God {John 1:1-5} Firstly he explains Jesus is eternal, in other words He was not created, but had always existed, Secondly it means Jesus is the creator of all things that have been created. There is nothing that doesn't exist that have the label, made by Jesus.
Paul writes the same things in {Colossians 1:16-17}
Jesus is God on earth.
John explains the staggering fact of the incarnation {John 1:14-18} This God the creator and sustainer of all things-close to enter His creation He became fully human and lived amongst us, In the human {person} of Jesus we can see God fully.
Jesus is fully human.
The picture of the gospel writers gave us of Jesus is one of someone that is distinctly human. He became flesh {John 1:14} He got hungry and was tempted like we are {Luke 4:1-13} Even after His death and resurrection Jesus went to great lengths to show He is still fully human: He shows His hands and feet, and eats with them, He done this all to show that he is not a ghost {Luke 24:36-43} And He was raised as a human, and is still human now. The first of many humans in heaven.
Jesus can help because He is God and Man
The fact that Jesus is both God and Man, is very important to us. As a human He shares in our Human weaknesses, He knows what it is like to be tempted as a human, and therefore is able to represent us in our presence of the Father where He pleads to Him for us {Hebrews 5:7} Because He is fully God, He can show Us what God is like {John 14:8-11} but more important because He is God, He is able to pay for our sins and bring us into a relationship with God again {Colossians 1:19-20} In other words the problem we find in ourselves the alienation that our sins bring between us and God.
Jesus can fix because He is both man and God, He is able to reconcile us.

Then I will ask you a simple question.
Who ressurrected Jesus from death,his dead self?

Then that will be contrary to Ecl 5:9-10 which says the dead are concious of nothing.
Jesus at the time he died knew nothing,which is why he prayed to his father before dying with these words"glorify me alongside with the glory I had before". It simply means ressurrect me and bring me to my heavenly position. And he also said"father to you I hand my spirit". He is not calling no one father is he? Or handling his spirit to himself?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.