Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372963 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:04am On Nov 27, 2016
Jozzy4:

pathetic you don't know what true love spoken about in John 13:34,35 is all about

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

What false jw have for one another is not love,
it is self righteous hypocrisy, as below:

Jozzy4:

lol, they are not of the same mind . what happen in their case is exactly like what happen to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Herod and Pilate are not really friends , but they became friend because both see Jesus as a common enemy . u get the logic ,

Good work bro . thumbs up

I pray Jehovah continue to strengthen you

dolphinheart:

yo are right , thanks and amen.

cheesy

of course apart from you false jw jozzy and you lie lie dolphinheart being self righteous hypocrites,
accusing bro and myself of doing precisely what you are doing, even in those two posts smiley

You are also of course taking after your father satan in being demonic,
claiming that bro and I come together because we, like herod and pilate, see Jesus as a common enemy

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

false jw jozz and lie lie dolph, just like your god satan, there is no truth in you.

Talk about having a common enemy in Jesus, you certainly do,
you change God's word to say the Word is "a god",
you say Alpha and Omega is not Jesus
everywhere where Jesus is shown to be God, you reject it
You reject Jesus and you reject the Bible
Your jesus who is "a god' "a angel" is a false jesus

You reject Jesus, He is your common enemy

Now that's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:46am On Nov 27, 2016
Jozzy4 and Dolphinheart are on drugs, If One needed blood, would the other give the blood-two common enemies with the same nature.
Jozzy4:

lol, they are not of the same mind . what happen in their case is exactly like what happen to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Herod and Pilate are not really friends , but they became friend because both see Jesus as a common enemy . u get the logic ,

Good work bro . thumbs up

I pray Jehovah continue to strengthen you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:21am On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Jozzy4 and Dolphinheart are on drugs, If One needed blood, would the other give the blood-two common enemies with the same nature.

We are told not to eat blood, is all
but false jw leaders have said through witchpower magazine
that you are not to give blood tranfusions,
and false jw believe what men tell them

men told them many prophecies that failed, still false jw believe men
men told them Jesus is "a god", still false jw believe men
men told them Jesus wasn't bodily resurrected, still false jw believe men
and on and on,
they believe men and not God.

Test the Spirits
1Jn 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 
1Jn 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 
1Jn 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 
1Jn 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Greater is ("he") the Lofty God that is in us Christians, than ("he") the teenie weenie fairy satan that is in the world-false jw
that is false jw's god, the god of this world, satan

1Jn 4:5  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 
1Jn 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Maybe its about time, you start answering my questions I gave to you?
Instead of trying to lead your own confrontation. You already know your bible isn't scriptural, but you try and lay it across, to say it is.
You lay claim to be the spiritual man that can discern the physical man yet you dont see yourself in a position to provide reasonable answers to questions posed.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Instead of trying to lead your own confrontation. You already know your bible isn't scriptural, but you try and lay it across, to say it is.
You want to enter denial mode again bah, all the books, chapters, verses quoted by achorladey are they not from the King James version? A. Yes B. No. C. Deny like you always do. Your answer will go a long way in determining maybe my bible or yours is scriptural or not.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
According to your(brocab) believe, Father is 'I am' Exodus 3:14, Jesus is 'I am' John 8:58. Therefore Father equals Jesus equals God. But because you(brocab) refuse to reason well enough you cannot discern that John 14:28 said one of the 'I am' is greater than the other 'I am'. The last sentence comes in perfect agreement with 1 Cor 11:3 that states the head of the christ( in physical/spiritual body) is God, because when Paul made that statement the christ is no longer here on earth. 1 Corinthians 11:3 comes into perfect agreement with Isaiah 44:6 I am(Father) the first, and I am(Father) the last; and beside me there is no God(I am, Jesus, John 1:1 #was God).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
There can't be two I Am's
achorladey:

According to your(brocab) believe, Father is 'I am' Exodus 3:14, Jesus is 'I am' John 8:58. Therefore Father equals Jesus equals God. But because you(brocab) refuse to reason well enough you cannot discern that John 14:28 said one of the 'I am' is greater than the other 'I am'. The last sentence comes in perfect agreement with 1 Cor 11:3 that states the head of the christ( in physical/spiritual body) is God, because when Paul made that statement the christ is no longer here on earth. 1 Corinthians 11:3 comes into perfect agreement with Isaiah 44:6 I am(Father) the first, and I am(Father) the last; and beside me there is no God(I am, Jesus, John 1:1 #was God).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Your bible doesn't have any scriptures to brag about..
achorladey:
You want to enter denial mode again bah, all the books, chapters, verses quoted by achorladey are they not from the King James version? A. Yes B. No. C. Deny like you always do. Your answer will go a long way in determining maybe my bible or yours is scriptural or not.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
My answers I give are not recognisable to you, only because you don't understand the Word Of God that's written in the bible.
Plus I am only spiritual because I have the Spirit of God living inside me-I Am a believer, I am one who believes in every Word that is written in the bible.
The diffidence between you and I, Is, I believe, while you don't believe..This is why you don't answer my quotes I give you, because you refuse to believe..
achorladey:

You lay claim to be the spiritual man that can discern the physical man yet you dont see yourself in a position to provide reasonable answers to questions posed.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yes its Satan's plan to kill steal and destroy men, and while the JW's refuse to save their love ones-they are doing exactly what Satan want's them to do, destroy men..
johnw74:

We are told not to eat blood, is all
but false jw leaders have said through witchpower magazine
that you are not to give blood tranfusions,
and false jw believe what men tell them

men told them many prophecies that failed, still false jw believe men
men told them Jesus is "a god", still false jw believe men
men told them Jesus wasn't bodily resurrected, still false jw believe men
and on and on,
they believe men and not God.

Test the Spirits
1Jn 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 
1Jn 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 
1Jn 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 
1Jn 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Greater is ("he") the Lofty God that is in us Christians, than ("he") the teenie weenie fairy satan that is in the world-false jw
that is false jw's god, the god of this world, satan

1Jn 4:5  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 
1Jn 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
My answers I give are not recognisable to you, only because you don't understand the Word Of God that's written in the bible.
Plus I am only spiritual because I have the Spirit of God living inside me-I Am a believer, I am one who believes in every Word that is written in the bible.
The diffidence between you and I, Is, I believe, while you don't believe..This is why you don't answer my quotes I give you, because you refuse to believe..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Do you believe the head of Jesus christ(physical/spiritual body) is God. A.Yes b. No C. Deny like you do always
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Your bible doesn't have any scriptures to brag about..
Answer the question. The bible told me not to brag about what I received 1 Cor 4:8
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
There can't be two I Am's
Show me proof
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
johnw74:

More lies from false jw:

You can only see things from an earthly perspective
however, God and the Word are two persons, they are the one God

In the beginning the Word was with God, and both are God
Joh 1:1

At the bolded.. when there is both in a sentence..it is plural.

In other words,both are Gods

And this contradicts the scriptures.
What is hard to understand here? That the word is divine,a god,strong and mighty? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
johnw74:

that's a lie false jw,
John called our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, "the Almighty":

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

If you haven't been able to see from my posts over the last few pages that this is Jesus talking
and John calling Jesus "the Almighty", then as I said you are as truly blinded as lie lie dolphinheart

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The first verse of Revelation shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus.

Thus Revelation 1:8 (RS) says: “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God [“Jehovah God,” NW], who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in verse 8 the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God. In this regard Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974) observes: “It cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here . . . There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such.”

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
Is Jesus the Almighty?

Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”— John 14:28

Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.”
Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position if he is the most superior ? —Philippians 2:9.

The title’s application to Jehovah God is made obvious at Revelation 19:6 by the use of the expression Hallelujah (Praise Jah, you people!). Likewise, the expression “the One who is and who was and who is coming” (Re 1:8; 4:cool clearly points to the God of eternity who not only “was” the Almighty in ancient times but continues to be so and “is coming” as such with an expression of his all-powerfulness
(Ps 90:2),

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
johnw74:

You haven't seen all his lies that I have exposed?
you are truly as blinded as he is

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I will expose some of your lies as well

You are right. I haven't seen one.
Reason logically and scripturally like he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
But you don't know who Jehovah really is?
You believe Jehovah's name is God, and yet you call Him by His name Jehovah God, which shows you call Him God God.

Sorry it's the other way round. we believe that God's name is Jehovah.
Maybe you really don't know what we believe.

Would you like to learn more?
Visit www.jw.org. It's open to all races of humans and in more than 400 languages.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
THEY LOVE YOU UNTIL ITS TIME TO GIVE BLOOD.

Even for love of humans we can't go against Jehovah's rule.
We show that Love for Jehovah comes first.

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.”—MATTHEW 22:37

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Then this is proof, if you do what Jehovah tells you to do, Then your Jehovah is the devil throughout.
First commandment, Love your god with all your heart mind and soul.
Second commandment, love your neighbour as yourself.
These are the only two commandments the Lord Gave us, to follow.
And there's no scripture in the Bible where that say's don't give blood.
{Acts 15:19-20} Therefore, My judgement is that we do not trouble those of the Gentiles who have turned to God, but that we write to them to abstain from pollution of idols, and from sexual immorality, and what have been strangled and from blood.
Did you not know by giving human blood helps save lives, basing Church doctrine on a single scripture {a version of proof texting} is not a wise thing to do, especially when the teaching can have a serious impact on the lives of those who follow it, {Say JW's}
Note that these verses are not discussing the donating of a bodily fluid or receiving it from another person.
These verses are referring to a sometimes a common practice among Gentiles {Non Jews} of eating and drinking blood, it was a practise that God forbid the Israelite's who had just left pagan Egypt from doing
{Leviticus 3:17} It shall be a statute forever for you generation throughout all your dwellings that you eat neither fat nor blood. [/color]
The above is the written truth, you keep on murdering your own love ones-or you believe in what the Word Of God tells you to do.
Sarang:

Even for love of humans we can't go against Jehovah's rule.
We show that Love for Jehovah comes first.

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.”—MATTHEW 22:37

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
So if God's name is Jehovah-then you are calling Him God God {Jehovah God?}
Thanks for your offer, but I am not interested in a doctrine that doesn't line up with any truth about the Word of God, unscriptural.
Sarang:

Sorry it's the other way round. we believe that God's name is Jehovah.
Maybe you really don't know what we believe.

Would you like to learn more?
Visit www.jw.org. It's open to all races of humans and in more than 400 languages.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
You haven't seen them, because you are as blind as to what he is.
Sarang:

You are right. I haven't seen one.
Reason logically and scripturally like he is.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
The proof's in the bible. God call's Himself "I Am" {Exodus 3:14, John 8:56-59} Jesus calls Himself "I Am" Both God and Jesus are equal claiming the same name.
achorladey:

Show me proof
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
If no-one had seen God at anytime, then explain how is God coming back, without anyone seeing Him?
It's an easy answer?
Sarang:

The first verse of Revelation shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus.

Thus Revelation 1:8 (RS) says: “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God [“Jehovah God,” NW], who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in verse 8 the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God. In this regard Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974) observes: “It cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here . . . There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such.”
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Of course the head is God.
Like Christ is the head of man,
And man is the head of a woman.
achorladey:

Do you believe the head of Jesus christ(physical/spiritual body) is God. A.Yes b. No C. Deny like you do always
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Yes you do need to be a believer in Christ to know the scriptures-Jesus said He will send us another helper-to lead us in all truth.
don't get confused brocab, we are not talking about the meaning or explanation of the scriptures. We are talking about the authenticity and existence of particular words and sentences in the scriptures.
people who do such works do not have to believe in the content.
And if you don't believe everything this scholar say's, then how do you believe in anything He say's?
hope you read my post, their explanations guide me in coming to a conclusion about a particular issue. If they give an explanation that is convincing enough, I believe them.

The problem you are having is-you are trying to get your answers elsewhere other then looking for answers in the bible.
Get serious brocab, we are discussing the authenticity of a particular scripture, 2 different bibles giving conflicting statements, how do you know which one is true if not to study the source of the translation.

And of course their are critics everywhere-but as I said without having the Spirit of God, none of these answers are accurate.
So Its a lie from the beginning.
Without the Holy Spirit gliding us, no-one will know the truth.
Like you-another blind person who only thinks he/she has all the answers, and has none without the Spirit of God.
There is no back door into heaven-and if you feel you aren't part of the 144000 going to be with God, then you will burn in Hell on Earth. As it's written, it will be {2 Peter 3:10}
1. so if a christian who claims to have Gods spirit tells you the same answer that I've given you about that verse, will you agree?
2. I'll love go be part of the meek ones who will inherit the earth.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
{Psalms 83:18} That they may know, that you, whose name alone is the Lord, over the Most High over all the earth.
Had you not noticed, Lord is spelt in Small letters, not in the larger letters. So Jehovah means Lord...

WHICH TRANSLATION DID YOU GET THIS FROM!, TELL US THE NAME OF THE BIBLE YOU QUOTED!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
johnw74:

I know you love the fact that satan is the god of this world,
as he is your god.

But you are in that area of mental instability again where you repeat the same posts over and over again.

Relax
Good that you once again state that Satan is the god of these world
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart

I have already told you, I neither read or reply to all posts,
don't keep crying over what I do, or don't do
it's making you unwell,

and don't worry about bro, unlike you he knows God

calm down be well smiley

I don't think I ever asked you to reply to all post , but it's good to help your brother out if he's taking the wrong part.
For a while you have been attacking my believes , but your brother has a wrong belief and you keep quiet!

does he agree with you that proverbs 8 :22- 30 is referring to Jesus?, if no is the answer, have you tried to tell him the truth? if you have tried to tell him the truth, has he accepted?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
The proof's in the bible. God call's Himself "I Am" {Exodus 3:14, John 8:56-59} Jesus calls Himself "I Am" Both God and Jesus are equal claiming the same name.
but according to you there cannot be two 'I ams'. I hope you know what you are doing?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
brocab:
Of course the head is God.
Like Christ is the head of man,
And man is the head of a woman.
Dont scatter things. Choose the option that is correct.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Tick Tock!" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.