Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,490 members, 7,861,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (379212 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:33am On Dec 19, 2016
dolphinheart:

ill show you evidence
look at my post on 4:28pm On Dec 13 then look how it was heavily edited with deliberate removal of scriptures when he quoted that post on 1:33am On Dec 14

the quote below is my post, the parts in red are the parts that was removed so that he could respond

BROCAB, CAN YOU SEE THE LOW LEVEL YOU AND YOUR BROTHER HAD RESORT TO, YOU HAD TO ALTER MY POST, EDITING OUT A LARGE PART OF IT,(ALL THOSE WRITTEN IN RED)EXPECIALLY THE PARTS THAT CONTAIN SCRIPTURES THAT EXPOSES YOU SO THAT YOU REPLY.

lie lie dolphinheart

as you can see all I wanted to talk about was:

1. your accusing brocab of being a false teacher
2. and your saying bro is full of lies
3. and you saying that you believe there is only one true God
4. Re 1:17When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last,
Re 1:18and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave.
you did not read those verses with insight, cus if you did, something must have clicked in your head and direct you to the scriptures that says God cannot die, therefore this person who claims to be dead is not the God that cannot die!

If you had studied further, you would have known why he is first and the last.

What first and last was he ?
Ac 26:23that the Christ was to suffer and that as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to proclaim light both to this people and to the nations.”
Col 1:18and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things;
Re 1:5and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood
Re 2:8“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:

They are the things that you said which I wanted to address and did address

but you lie lie dolphinheart are just once again lying and falsely accusing because it's what you do best.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

and lie lie dolphinheart, I already explained that to you, but you love to lie and falsely accuse over and over again,
it's what you know best, taking after your god.

And you sometimes say: show me where I lie
ha ha how pathetic, you hardly ever stop lying

and antichrist dolphinheart you deny the Lord Jesus Christ often
denying that He is God
denying that he is Yahweh-almighty God who appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
you deny very much of God's word that expose your satanic doctrines

You do however take after your god closely:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:03am On Dec 19, 2016
More things that people should know about the jehovah's witnesses sect

The jehovah's witnesses sect teach that Jesus is apoyllon , abaddon,
which means a destroyer.

Jesus is not apollyon, abaddon, a destroyer, satan is.

Jesus said: I am come that they might have life,
Jesus said: the thief(satan) comes to steal, kill and destroy

Joh_10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Luk_9:56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

The jesus of the jehovah's witnesses sect is a destroyer, a murderer, and the father of lies:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:07am On Dec 19, 2016
bro and sol, one of you or maybe both of you have talked before about no man having seen the Father,
and I'm amazed how false jw don't believe all the Bible verses that expose their satanic doctrines.

They obviously must know that they don't believe the Bible, and so know that the god they follow is satan,
they cannot be just mistaken in belief, they must indeed know that they are satans disciples.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 5:57am On Dec 19, 2016
Brocab

brocab:
I asked you a question? So I expect you to answer it. What is the meaning to Yahweh "YHWH" in your own words tell us who is Yahweh.

God himself explained the meaning of his name to his faithful servant Moses. When Moses asked about God’s name, Jehovah replied: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” (Exodus 3:14) Rotherham’s translation renders those words: “I Will Become whatsoever I please.” So Jehovah can become whatever is needed in order to fulfill his purposes, and he can cause to happen whatever is required with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose.

Just a little history here, because of God's name being so holy that the fear of mispronouncing it, Israel preferred to use the substituted the word[color=#000099] "odonay" {Lord} for YHWH when reading from the Torah..

vain traditions of men, then why did faithful men of old used the name in their writings ?

Using "Yahweh as Jehovah" any church that uses Jehovah is misinformed and using this name for God is unbiblical..

Dont be dogmatic friend, who told you Yahweh is the real hebrew pronounciation ? grin

Explaining why he used “Jehovah” instead of “Yahweh” in his 1911 work Studies in the Psalms, respected Bible scholar Joseph Bryant Rotherham said that he wanted to employ a “form of the name more familiar (while perfectly acceptable) to the general Bible-reading public.” In 1930 scholar A. F. Kirkpatrick made a similar point regarding the use of the form “Jehovah.” He said: “Modern grammarians argue that it ought to be read Yahveh or Yahaveh; but JEHOVAH seems firmly rooted in the English language, and the really important point is not the exact pronunciation, but the recognition that it is a Proper Name, not merely an appellative title like ‘Lord.’”

I can't count how many religious songs that proudly use the name Jehovah today, EVEN IN CHURCH HYMNS and so called gospel songs . the name is been used freely just to let you know how firmly rooted it is in the english language . forms like Jehovah - Jireh are used from time to time in daily religious supplications , so what exactly are u saying ?

I think you forget that your cherished KJV use the name Jehovah too, its a failed translation ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:40am On Dec 19, 2016
We know Father God has never been seen by man,
and we know by corresponding OT and NT verses posted that Jesus is Yahweh.

Here are two more Bible verses that satans disciples-the jehovahs witnesses sect don't believe:

Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD(Yahweh), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Mar 1:3  The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord(Jesus), make his paths straight.

^^^
Isaiah was referring to Yahweh
Mark was referring to Jesus

Jesus is Yahweh

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:24am On Dec 19, 2016
Emusan:

You asked questions and I said I'm ready to answer them but before I do that can you just say Yes or No to my simple question?

Very simple because the question I asked you will be used to buttress my answer to yours!
Oga answer the question. When terms and conditions are given you either accept or reject. The ball is in your court. You decide!!!! Remember it is not a compulsory question. Left to me that question is self explanatory enough. If you can discern enough you should still be able to seek answer to the question you asked me in my question. Discern, reason,think deep.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2016
brocab:
Then you must know {1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles believed on in the world, received up in glory..
You also must know {Isaiah 9:6} For a child is born, a Son is Given, and the Government shall be upon His shoulders, His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, The God Mighty, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace.
And of course last of all, surely you had missed this one-{Revelations 1:7-8} Behold He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pieced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so Amen..
I Am the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end, say's the Lord, who is and who was, and who is to come. Almighty...
Lets not forget no-one has seen God at anytime, so who is this stranger with great power coming in the clouds?
Oga tell me the son of Man Stephen saw, was he(Jesus) in the primary nature or secondary nature?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2016
brocab:
Then you must know {1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles believed on in the world, received up in glory..
You also must know {Isaiah 9:6} For a child is born, a Son is Given, and the Government shall be upon His shoulders, His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, The God Mighty, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace.
And of course last of all, surely you had missed this one-{Revelations 1:7-8} Behold He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pieced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so Amen..
I Am the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end, say's the Lord, who is and who was, and who is to come. Almighty...
Lets not forget no-one has seen God at anytime, so who is this stranger with great power coming in the clouds?

you are lying, those verses did not say what you posted.

1 ti 3: 16 did not say God was manifest in flesh, let's look at several translations.

◄ 1 Timothy 3:16 ►

[b]New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

Berean Study Bible
By common confession, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was proclaimed among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, was taken up in glory.

New American Standard Bible 
By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 

International Standard Version
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning! 

NET Bible
And we all agree, our religion contains amazing revelation: He was revealed in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 

New Heart English Bible
Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: He was revealed in the flesh, justified by the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.

New American Standard 1977 
And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: 
            He who was revealed in the flesh, 
            Was vindicated in the Spirit, 
            Beheld by angels, 
            Proclaimed among the nations, 
            Believed on in the world, 
            Taken up in glory.

American Standard Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And evidently great is the mystery of godliness, which was manifested in the flesh, was justified in the spirit, appeared unto angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles, is believed in the world, is taken up in glory. 

English Revised Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, received up in glory.

Weymouth New Testament
And, beyond controversy, great is the mystery of our religion-- that Christ appeared in human form, and His claims justified by the Spirit, was seen by angels and proclaimed among Gentile nations, was believed on in the world, and received up again into glory.[/b]

STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT THE WORD "GOD" AS ADDED BY YOU WHEN YOU MENTIONED THAT VERSE IS AN ADDITION MADE BY THOSE WHO ARE FUSTRATED THAT THEY COULD NOT FIND ANY VERSE THAT SUPPORTS THEIR TRINITY DOCTRINE DIRECTLY. THE ADDITION HAS BEEN DISCOVER TO BE FALSE.

ALSO DISCOVERED TO BE FALSE ARE WORDS ADDED TO REVELATION 1:8 BELOW IS A BETTER TRANSLATION OF THAT VERSE.(THE FALSE WORDS HAD BEEN REMOVED)

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

English Standard Version
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

NET Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God--the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come--the All-Powerful! 

New Heart English Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"I am the A and the Z," says the Lord God, the one who is, the one who was, and the one who is coming, the Almighty. 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”[/b]

brocab, adherents of the false trinity doctrine had gone a long way in adulterating certain verses, but thanks to the discovery of new older and more accurate scrolls and technology, the dark works had been discovered, new bibles are gradually removing those false additions in the scriptures.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart, crying again-still

of course I remove much of your confusion from your post
and reply to the things I want to talk about

what a lie lie false accuser
but when you lie you are talking naturally

Good that you admit that you really did edit my post, expecially the scriptures, hope brocab sees your admission.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:15am On Dec 19, 2016
johnw74:

I'm sure bro like me could fill posts of all your lies if we wanted to waste the time looking back

one instance you say, OK off the top of my head recently you posted that it's not Jesus talking in certain revelation
verses, I showed you that it indeed was Jesus talking, and of course you could not admit your wrong.

there's one instance lie lie dolphinheart

post the verse again and we will examine who was talking in that verse .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart

as you can see all I wanted to talk about was:

1. your accusing brocab of being a false teacher
2. and your saying bro is full of lies
3. and you saying that you believe there is only one true God
4. Re 1:17When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last,
Re 1:18and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave.
you did not read those verses with insight, cus if you did, something must have clicked in your head and direct you to the scriptures that says God cannot die, therefore this person who claims to be dead is not the God that cannot die!

If you had studied further, you would have known why he is first and the last.

What first and last was he ?
Ac 26:23that the Christ was to suffer and that as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to proclaim light both to this people and to the nations.”
Col 1:18and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things;
Re 1:5and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood
Re 2:8“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:

They are the things that you said which I wanted to address and did address

but you lie lie dolphinheart are just once again lying and falsely accusing because it's what you do best.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

and lie lie dolphinheart, I already explained that to you, but you love to lie and falsely accuse over and over again,
it's what you know best, taking after your god.

And you sometimes say: show me where I lie
ha ha how pathetic, you hardly ever stop lying

and antichrist dolphinheart you deny the Lord Jesus Christ often
denying that He is God
denying that he is Yahweh-almighty God who appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
you deny very much of God's word that expose your satanic doctrines

You do however take after your god closely:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

if you had left my post the way they are , if you had not edited the truth out of it, if you had read the scriptures you deliberately removed, you probably would have seen the truth. If you continue to edit peoples post, you will never get the meaning of their words. what I'm trying to say is encompassed in the whole writeup and not just in one sentence or parts of a sentence.

It is also evident that you did not adress or give your understanding of the scriptures quoted by me.

Re 2:8“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2016
Barristter07:
Brocab

God himself explained the meaning of his name to his faithful servant Moses. When Moses asked about God’s name, Jehovah replied: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” (Exodus 3:14) Rotherham’s translation renders those words: “I Will Become whatsoever I please.” So Jehovah can become whatever is needed in order to fulfill his purposes, and he can cause to happen whatever is required with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose.

vain traditions of men, then why did faithful men of old used the name in their writings ?

Dont be dogmatic friend, who told you Yahweh is the real hebrew pronounciation ? grin

Explaining why he used “Jehovah” instead of “Yahweh” in his 1911 work Studies in the Psalms, respected Bible scholar Joseph Bryant Rotherham said that he wanted to employ a “form of the name more familiar (while perfectly acceptable) to the general Bible-reading public.” In 1930 scholar A. F. Kirkpatrick made a similar point regarding the use of the form “Jehovah.” He said: “Modern grammarians argue that it ought to be read Yahveh or Yahaveh; but JEHOVAH seems firmly rooted in the English language, and the really important point is not the exact pronunciation, but the recognition that it is a Proper Name, not merely an appellative title like ‘Lord.’”

I can't count how many religious songs that proudly use the name Jehovah today, EVEN IN CHURCH HYMNS and so called gospel songs . the name is been used freely just to let you know how firmly rooted it is in the english language . forms like Jehovah - Jireh are used from time to time in daily religious supplications , so what exactly are u saying ?

I think you forget that your cherished KJV use the name Jehovah too, its a failed translation ?

He would never accept the verses in the KJV where the name of God in English "jehovah" was used. I asked him several times go post what psalms 83: 18 says in the KJV, he vehemently refused.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Emusan(m): 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
You know the trap you would've gotten yourself into had it been you answer that's why you keep dodging my simple question.

achorladey:
Oga answer the question. When terms and conditions are given you either accept or reject. The ball is in your court. You decide!!!! Remember it is not a compulsory question. Left to me that question is self explanatory enough. If you can discern enough you should still be able to seek answer to the question you asked me in my question. Discern, reason,think deep.

Now let me show you the fallacy you're trying so had to cover up by failing to provide simple Yes/No answer to my question.

Here you said
achorladey: This goes to the invited and uninvited guest, to the deep thinkers and to those who have discerning minds.
Is there any difference between the ''my God'' found in John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
And
''my God'' found in John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
A. Yes. B. No. C. Uncertain. D. Deny. Please pick the options only the question is self explanatory enough.
From Jesus' statement in John 20:17, is Jesus the Almighty God.
A. Yes B. No. C. Uncertain D. Deny

As we can see how you're trying harder to prove that there's a difference between the wordy of John and Jesus Christ regard the usage of my God whereas from the Greek lexicon it was the word used by both John and Jesus Christ.
17 Jesus <Iesous> saith <lego> unto her <autos>, Touch <haptomai> me <mou> not <me>; for <gar> I am <anabaino> not yet <oupo> ascended <anabaino> to <pros> my <mou> Father <pater>: but <de> go <poreuomai> to <pros> my <mou> brethren <adelphos>, and <kai> say <epo> unto them <autos>, I ascend <anabaino> unto <pros> my <mou> Father <pater>, and <kai> your <humon> Father <pater>; and <kai> to my <mou> God <theos>, and <kai> your <humon> God <theos>.

28 And <kai> Thomas <Thomas> answered <apokrinomai> and <kai> said <epo> unto him <autos>, My <mou> Lord <kurios> and <kai> my <mou> God <theos>.

Now that you can see it, who did Thomas address as my LORD and my God; Jesus or Jehovah

If both Jesus and Jehovah are addressed as my God, then how many God are there? OR Jehovah is a God like Jesus too?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
dolphinheart:

I did not accuse you wrongly , and I'll prove it by pointing to questions I've asked you and you did not answer

(1.) 12:24am On Dec 01
[b]A. "the scriptures tells us that Jesus was given that power, maybe you missed that part. despite that power given to him, he is still subjected to his God. do you know who is God is?"

B. "Is Jesus not a servant of God, I remember Jehovah calling Jesus his servant in his prophecy?"
C. "what the difference between begotten son and son?"
D. "brocab your brother does not believe Jesus is the son of God, why you guys have different beliefs?"

(2) 3:41pm On Nov 26
A. "if Satan is not a god, plus tell us who is the god of this world?"

(3)  11:47am On Nov 13
A. "Ps 82:1God takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges:
explain the above verse!"
B."De 10:17 For Jehovah your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the God great, mighty, and awe-inspiring, who treats none with partiality and does not accept a bribe.
Is Jehovah a God of false God's? answer : NO!, So who are the gods that Jehovah is a God of?"

(4) : 1:20pm On Nov 10
A.. "Are you saying God is in the midst of false God's?"
B "so which heaven was that verse talking about?"
C "who did that verse identify as our God?"
D "who did Jesus identify as the only true God?"

pls confirm if the following answers are right or wrong, your refusal to confirm means they are right
E. "did Jesus say he and the father are one God? No"
F. "Did jess request that his disciples be one just as he and the father are one? Yes"
G. "does the disciples being one mean they are one person or human? No"
H. "did Jesus request that the disciples become one with him and the father? Yes"
I. "Does this mean they become God? no?"
J. "does this mean they become one God or part of the persons in one god? No"

K." you scratched my statement, are you saying they are false, are you saying Jehovah sits in the midst of false gods?
Your answer is very important."

L."pls snow where I said " the devil is God"

M. "I asked a simple question, you refused to answer: Is the god of these world an idol?"[/b]

The evidence of questions I asked you and you refused to answer, plus the date and time they where asked on this thread are provided above. Note that they are listed and numbered. pls post where you answered each one and the answer you gave so that all can see if you answered or tried to divert from answering.

I don't have time to dig through posts since you have have time go back and search for my reply to your posts there lies your answers

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Emusan:
You know the trap you would've gotten yourself into had it been you answer that's why you keep dodging my simple question.

Now let me show you the fallacy you're trying so had to cover up by failing to provide simple Yes/No answer to my question.

Here you said

As we can see how you're trying harder to prove that there's a difference between the wordy of John and Jesus Christ regard the usage of my God whereas from the Greek lexicon it was the word used by both John and Jesus Christ.
17 Jesus <Iesous> saith <lego> unto her <autos>, Touch <haptomai> me <mou> not <me>; for <gar> I am <anabaino> not yet <oupo> ascended <anabaino> to <pros> my <mou> Father <pater>: but <de> go <poreuomai> to <pros> my <mou> brethren <adelphos>, and <kai> say <epo> unto them <autos>, I ascend <anabaino> unto <pros> my <mou> Father <pater>, and <kai> your <humon> Father <pater>; and <kai> to my <mou> God <theos>, and <kai> your <humon> God <theos>.

28 And <kai> Thomas <Thomas> answered <apokrinomai> and <kai> said <epo> unto him <autos>, My <mou> Lord <kurios> and <kai> my <mou> God <theos>.

Now that you can see it, who did Thomas address as my LORD and my God; Jesus or Jehovah

If both Jesus and Jehovah are addressed as my God, then how many God are there? OR Jehovah is a God like Jesus too?
I thought you are equipped enough but your explanation didn't even come near. Oga, I insist answer the question by picking one of the options highlighted. Or better still reject the terms and conditions and move on. It is not compulsory and I insist if you can discern enough you would know I have answered your question even in my question. Read through again.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Barristter07:
Solite3

the post you quote discuss the statement Yahweh means Lord NOT Yahweh is Lord, Yahweh is Lord is different from Yahweh Means Lord , so learn to comprehend well next time sir grin grin

in KJV Yahweh was translated as LORD in fact Yahweh means Lord to we Christians because Yahweh is the only Lord.
I believe you should increase our comprehension level.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
achorladey:

How do you expect me to answer the question? Aren't you the person that said Jesus had a primary and secondary nature?
the scriptures said so not me.
Your question does not make sense!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
achorladey:

For your own mind bah, keep revelling in you lack of comprehension of the scriptures.
and yet you couldn't fault me. common you can do better than this

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
achorladey:

Let me tell what I know Exodus 6:3, Daniel 7:13 Psalms 83:18. Who is the Almighty? Who is the Most high? Who is ancient of days, What is his name? Simple question deserve simple answers....... JEHOVAH.
Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Simple question his name JEHOVAH his son's name Jesus christ. I have answered my stupid question. What else!!!

@bold, only Jesus has descended and ascended into heaven.

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

You can see that the Jehovah that descended and ascended again into heaven is Jesus

Jesus is Almighty God!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
solite3:

@bold, only Jesus has descended and ascended into heaven.

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

You can see that the Jehovah that descended and ascended again into heaven is Jesus

Jesus is Almighty God!

What is the name of his son? I always love the way you jump into my question, because you totally lack comprehension skills you don't know that his ''son's'' in this particular scripture shows possession.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
johnw74:
bro and sol, one of you or maybe both of you have talked before about no man having seen the Father,
and I'm amazed how false jw don't believe all the Bible verses that expose their satanic doctrines.

They obviously must know that they don't believe the Bible, and so know that the god they follow is satan,
they cannot be just mistaken in belief, they must indeed know that they are satans disciples.

well, some maybe aware. Most are just blind slave who are willing to defend the devil himself.
They are clear foot soldiers of the Antichrist to spread damnable heresies.
What you should know is that they are no Christians at all just an organization that was invented to counter Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
Emusan:

Here you said

Note: 1. The characters under discussion is the words of ''Jesus'' and the words of ''Thomas''. Don't get it twisted.
2. Please, I know that ''my God'' in John 20:17 and ''my God'' in John 20:28 letter by letter is same. It is not until you show them to me in Greek. I hope you get that. m is m, y is y, G is G. May be you have a clue now to answer the question if your still interested.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
achorladey:

What is the name of his son? I always love the way you jump into my question, because you totally lack comprehension skills you don't know that his ''son's'' in this particular scripture shows possession.
that you lack comprehension doesn't mean you should pour out rubbish.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?
who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

I only pointed out to you that the first question@red was clearly speaking of Jesus christ.
@ blue was was referring to God's majesty.
'Who' in the first question referred to Jesus the Son of God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
solite3:

who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

I only pointed out to you that the first question@red was clearly speaking of Jesus christ.

For your mind am pouring rubbish bah. Okay, Even your latest explanation can only colour the matter more.
Question 1. What is his name? according to words of Agur in Prov 30:4
Solite3: Answer Jesus the Almighty God.
Questions 2 What his is son's name?
Solite3: Jesus christ the Almighty God.
I know you will still come back and tell me I am pouring rubbish. Continue.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
solite3:

I

In your mind you think if Jehovah wants to know the depth of the sea he needs to descend from his throne to take the measurements bah.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tell the people My name "I AM THAT I AM" "I Am said to Moses who He is.
The name of Jehovah is not the real name of God, let me explain, in the Hebrew language God is expressed by four letters "YHWH" These four consonants are also known in academic circles as the Tetragrammation .
The name of God was revealed to Moses on Mount Sinia:
God told Moses tell the people "I AM THAT I AM" sent me to you {Exodus 3:13-15} When God sent Moses back to Egypt to bring the people out from their oppression, God told Moses, Say this to the people of Israel "The LORD had sent Me to you" This is My name forever, and I am to be remembered throughout all generations {Exodus 3:15} The Lord is: "YHWH".
The name Jehovah is not the real name of God, its a made up name, so people would recognise God.
Over the centuries the Jewish community has avoided using or pronouncing the Divine name in public, When reading the name the God in Hebrew the Masoretes wrote the four consonants "YHWH" and inserted the vowels of the Hebrew word, "Adonai" "A word that means the Lord"
The name Jehovah is a hybrid name, The name was form by the use of the Tetragrammation "YHWH" with the vowels of "Adonai" and the result was "Ye Ho WaH" This hybrid name became the basis for the Latinized name Jehovah.
The name Jehovah was not known until sometime after "1278" when a Dominican Monk by the name: "Raymundus Martini" a spaniard, first used it in his book "Pugeo Fidei" The name Jehovah appeared in English when "William Tyndale" translated the book of Moses in "1530" The name Jehovah is a artificial creation that was not used until the "Middle Ages" 'It does not reflect an accurate rending of the Divine name in the Hebrew bible, and its used should be avoided.
Now this is the truth-and of course you will disagree-like you disagree with the bible..
Barristter07:
Brocab

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
{1 John 4:12} No-one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God dwells in us.
{John 1:18}No-one has ever seen God at any time, only the begotten Son.
{John 6:46} No-one has seen the Father..
And the JW's still can't see it.
johnw74:

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lies
dolphinheart:

He would never accept the verses in the KJV where the name of God in English "jehovah" was used. I asked him several times go post what psalms 83: 18 says in the KJV, he vehemently refused.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
Bless John74 soul-If He did edit your post, he did it to return to you the favour you have in the past changed our post.
Bless the Man's soul, he was correcting your mistakes-like a teacher corrects the children in a classroom-like our Father in Heaven corrects His own while reading the Word Of God.
Bless John74's soul...
Well done good and faithful servant...
dolphinheart:

Good that you admit that you really did edit my post, expecially the scriptures, hope brocab sees your admission.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:03am On Dec 20, 2016
Why not just stick with the KJV-and of course this bible will prove how your mind works to the public. To be honest I can't believe you would strop yourself this low just to justify yourself.
Dolphinheart writes-brocab, adherents of the false trinity doctrine had gone a long way in adulterating certain verses, but thanks to the discovery of new older and more accurate scrolls and technology, the dark works had been discovered, new bibles are gradually removing those false additions in the scriptures.
STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT THE WORD "GOD" AS ADDED BY YOU WHEN YOU MENTIONED THAT VERSE IS AN ADDITION MADE BY THOSE WHO ARE FUSTRATED THAT THEY COULD NOT FIND ANY VERSE THAT SUPPORTS THEIR TRINITY DOCTRINE DIRECTLY. THE ADDITION HAS BEEN DISCOVER TO BE FALSE.
Well well Dolphinheart the KJV seems to give you favor when you need the answers when arguing the point with me-so why stop now, why look at bibles that comes under the New Order, which of course means the New World Order. Example the NIV Bible calls Jesus the capstone-instead Jesus rightful name is the cornerstone. The capstone is on the dollar-Satan looking down on his own and Satan's plan is to use people like you to spread a unscriptural gospel of lies and wonders across our nations.
{1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, Received up in Glory..
And who is "HE" WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH?
Have you mistaken you have written down this bible verse {Lets read the Weymouth New Testament Bible, it say's that Christ appeared in Human form}
Does this mean Christ is God "HE" who manifested in the flesh.
Second question we already know who's coming back for His own people.
dolphinheart:

1 ti 3: 16 did not say God was manifest in flesh, let's look at several translations.

◄ 1 Timothy 3:16 ►

Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

Berean Study Bible
By common confession, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was proclaimed among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, was taken up in glory.

By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 

International Standard Version
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning! 

NET Bible
And we all agree, our religion contains amazing revelation: He was revealed in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 

New Heart English Bible
Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: He was revealed in the flesh, justified by the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.

And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: 
            He who was revealed in the flesh, 
            Was vindicated in the Spirit, 
            Beheld by angels, 
            Proclaimed among the nations, 
            Believed on in the world, 
            Taken up in glory.

American Standard Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And evidently great is the mystery of godliness, which was manifested in the flesh, was justified in the spirit, appeared unto angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles, is believed in the world, is taken up in glory. 

English Revised Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, received up in glory.

Weymouth New Testament
And, beyond controversy, great is the mystery of our religion-- that Christ appeared in human form, and His claims justified by the Spirit, was seen by angels and proclaimed among Gentile nations, was believed on in the world, and received up again into glory.[/b]

ALSO DISCOVERED TO BE FALSE ARE WORDS ADDED TO REVELATION 1:8 BELOW IS A BETTER TRANSLATION OF THAT VERSE.(THE FALSE WORDS HAD BEEN REMOVED)

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

English Standard Version
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

NET Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God--the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come--the All-Powerful! 

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"I am the A and the Z," says the Lord God, the one who is, the one who was, and the one who is coming, the Almighty. 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”[/b]

brocab, adherents of the false trinity doctrine had gone a long way in adulterating certain verses, but thanks to the discovery of new older and more accurate scrolls and technology, the dark works had been discovered, new bibles are gradually removing those false additions in the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:06am On Dec 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

1 ti 3: 16 did not say God was manifest in flesh,

lie lie dolphinheart

once again, of course it's you, not brocab who is the liar,
we know that Jesus was manifest in the flesh
and we know Jesus is God

You search for many translations that say "He" instead of "God"
such is your denial of the Lord,
there are many Bible verses to show that "God" in 1 Timothy 3:16 is indeed correct.

You are an antichrist going to extreme lengths to deny the Lord Jesus Christ.

Here are some Bible verses which show that "God" in 1 Timothy 3:16 is correct:

Jesus is God with us:
Isa 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Jesus is mighty God:
Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is Yahweh our Righteousness:
Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. 
Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

The Word was God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

God purchased the Church with His own blood:
Act 20:28  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jesus is the Lord from Heaven:
1Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Jesus considered Himself equal to God:
Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 
Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 
Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 

These Bible verses all show that Jesus is God,
and
Jesus was manifest to us,
God was manifest to us.

do you believe all these Bible verses showing that Jesus Christ is God lie lie dolphinheart, of course NOT,
you are antichrist.

you search for translations which you think support your satanic doctrines, but they don't
they just say "HE" instead of "God", there are plenty of Bible verses showing the Lord Jesus Christ is God,
oh antichrist

you sure do lie, all the time mr a/c
and you say: show me where I lied, ha ha ha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:14am On Dec 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

poor lie lie dolphinheart, twice I told you but you so confused,
such is the way of antichrists

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Give Me Understanding Heart / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.