Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,377 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (375570 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
This goes to solite3 who loves the consent of the pharisees/saduccees. Luke 22:70,71 will help you a lot in determining who the pharisees/sadducees think or say Jesus is?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

3. JESUS GAVE UP HIS LIFE
It is more clear when we realise that Jesus had to give up his life for us, not just his flesh , not just his blood , BUT HIS LIFE.
FOR YOU CLAIM THAT JESUS WAS STILL ALIVE AFTER HE DIED, THEN YOU ARE CALLING JESUS A LIAR, THAT JESUS DID NOT GIVE UP HIS LIFE, THAT HE STILL HELD ON TO IT BUT ONLY GAVE UP HIS BODY.

Everyone with a functioning truthful brain knows who calls Jesus a liar, and it's not brocab
it's lie lie dolphinheart, you twist all that's said and you are so confused.

This verse alone shows that God of the Old Testament who was seen, is God the Word-Yahweh-God almighty-Jesus Christ
but you lie lie dolphinheart call Jesus Christ a liar by not believing Him.

Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

And Of course the man Jesus died, the Spirit of God did not, and cannot die
Jesus the man died, His Spirit-the Word of God did not die
God is Spirit, God did not die, duh

Even man when he dies, his human spirit doesn't die, but goes back to God who gave it.

You lie lie dolphinheart continually deny Christ and His scriptures(John 6:46 above and so so many others) and are antichrist

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:27am On Dec 18, 2016
We have left you to your own league, only because you have no other place to go-liars stick with liars, and we the truth stays with the truth.
achorladey:

You say that as if I am trying to join your league. Oga let me remain in my own league. Abeg!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:30am On Dec 18, 2016
The Pharisees are now the modern day JW's, always against the Word Of God...
achorladey:
This goes to solite3 who loves the consent of the pharisees/saduccees. Luke 22:70,71 will help you a lot in determining who the pharisees/sadducees think or say Jesus is?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Why don't you answer all the bible verses we have written down, before we answer this one for you. since you are confused.
achorladey:
Brocab, Solite3, Johnw74 e.t.c I never thought I could stumble across this but let me share it with you guys. Luke 22:69 hereafter shall the son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. Guess what!!! Jesus himself said this. Jesus did not only confirm himself as son of man as indicated in Dan 7:13 but also indicate his position in relation to God. Expecting your comment on this one though.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 12:50am On Dec 18, 2016
achorladey:

Do I really need to reply this post? No, simply because the poster cant comprehend his statement quoted as follows ''all power in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus''. You simply cannot reason. Did Jesus need to be ''given'' such power if indeed he was Almighty God.

Exactly ... Lack of sound reasoning

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:59am On Dec 18, 2016
1Jn 5:10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 

lie lie dolphinheart

you don't believe the Son, you hath not the witness in you

This is just one thing that Jesus said and you don't believe Him:

Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

lie lie dolphinheart, in not believing the Son you call the Father a liar also.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:00am On Dec 18, 2016
No one can remove, what you haven't written down in the first place, lies upon lies is always the case with your kind of so called Christian.
Jehovah Witnesses are not baptised, are "NOT" Baptised in the Name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, Jehovah Witnesses are required to agree that in addition to dictating their life to Jehovah their dedication identifies them as a Jehovah Witness in association with God's Spirit-dictated organisation.
No-wonder you don't write anything-we could remove in the first place..
dolphinheart:

it's easy to see that the reason I refused to respond is not about what you said, but your deliberate editing of my post when quoting me, you deliberate removal of the scriptures I quoted shows you know that an attempt to talk about them will expose you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:07am On Dec 18, 2016
Solite3

( Post A2)

solite3:
the question should be why would Jehovah give another god all power both in heaven and on earth?
Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my[b] glory will I not give to another, [/b]neither my praise to graven images.

Jehovah gave Jesus all power in heaven and in earth because Jesus is God.

I take this illogical reply to mean you cant find a single instance in the scripture where the only true God and Father of Christ is been given power . grin grin grin I belive by now, you should have seen the difference between the Ancient of days and the son of man whom he gave power and authority . One is Almighty, while the other rely on the Almighty to do anything .

@ blue . you are a confirm 419 grin ... The Almighty God exalt Jesus to a superior position because " [Jesus ] became obedient to the point of death " Phil 2:8 thats why He was Exalted to that position

Jesus was obedient to the Almighty God, thats why he was exalted .

NOTE: That tells you he would not be exalted if he was disobedient , That's enough to let you know Jesus isnt the Almighty . His progress depends on how obedient he is.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Man we done this ages ago-aren't you with the times.
You aren't even Christian-and you are trying to tell us something, try giving yourself over to Christ, and ask Him to teach you His Word Of God.
It isn't easy listening to people like you trying to work it all out from your own mind.
And every Christian knows, if Jesus was just a man? He couldn't go through the punishment He went through just as a Man.
His Spirit is God's Spirit-I and the Father are One..
Barristter07:
Solite3

I take this illogical reply to mean you cant find a single instance in the scripture where the only true God and Father of Christ is been given power . grin grin grin I belive by now, you should have seen the different between the Ancient of days and the son of man whom he gave power and authority . One is Almighty, while the other rely on the Almighty to do anything .

@ blue . you are a confirm 419 grin ... The Almighty God exalt Jesus to a superior position because " [Jesus ] became obedient to the point of death " Phil 2:8 thats why He was Exalted to that position

Jesus was obedient to the Almighty God, thats why he was exalted .

NOTE: That tells you he would not be exalted if he was disobedient , That's enough to let you know Jesus isnt the Almighty . His progress depends on how obedient he is.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:24am On Dec 18, 2016
I am only correcting this-because l want the JW's to see-how silly they look when quoting scripture-against Christ Himself.
Jehovah is suppose to be "Yahweh" which of course means Lord...
So Jesus gave Himself the Power.
As the scriptures say's Jesus is Lord, and the everlasting Father, at the same time..
{Isaiah 9:6} For us a child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the Government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace.
Jesus Christ is Lord..Jehovah is just another name for Lord, Not God.
solite3:
the question should be why would Jehovah give another god all power both in heaven and on earth?
Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my[b] glory will I not give to another, [/b]neither my praise to graven images.

Jehovah gave Jesus all power in heaven and in earth because Jesus is God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:31am On Dec 18, 2016
Brocab

brocab:
Man we done this ages ago-aren't you with the times.
You aren't even Christian-and you are trying to tell us something, try giving yourself over to Christ, and ask Him to teach you His Word Of God.
It isn't easy listening to people like you trying to work it all out from your own mind.
And every Christian knows, if Jesus was just a man? He couldn't go through the punishment He went through just as a Man.
His Spirit is God's Spirit-I and the Father are One..

what exactly is your point in relation to the post you quoted ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:36am On Dec 18, 2016
"Simple" If you can't work it out from your own mind, then ask the Lord to come into your life, and ask Him to teach you..
Other then that, you will always go backwards-trying to prove your point of mind, without having the Spirit of God teaching you first hand..
You need the Spirit of God to teach you the Word of God.. Not yourself mind...
Barristter07:

Brocab

what exactly is your point in relation to the post you quoted ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:38am On Dec 18, 2016
brocab

brocab:
Jehovah is suppose to be Yahweh which means Jesus brother...
So Jesus gave Himself the Power.
..[/color]

Brainwashed!

Go and study Daniel 7:13,14 . Jesus was brought before another NOT Himself , The ancient of days who gave him authority .

For more: There is " one who subjected all things to him [Jesus] " 1 Corinthians 15:27

If there is someone who subject all things to him, does that not tell a rational person that He didnt give himself power ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:41am On Dec 18, 2016
brocab:
"Simple" If you can't work it out from your own mind, then ask the Lord to come into your life, and ask Him to teach you..
Other then that, you will always go backwards-trying to prove your point of mind, without having the Spirit of God teaching you first hand..
You need the Spirit of God to teach you the Word of God.. Not yourself mind...

grin dey run mouth

to validate your assertion, go back to that post you quote , I will tag it post A2 , go and point out which part isnt scriptural.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:59am On Dec 18, 2016
Without understanding-you will never understand the scriptures-you will never understand Jesus saying I and the Father are One.
You will never understand God is Spirit, nor will you understand no-one has seen God at any time.

But here's you trying to prove otherwise.
Jesus not only spoke of Himself, He also spoke of His Father as well, Even Thomas had recognised Jesus, and said My Lord and My God.
Which of course you can't recognise, only because you don't have the Spirit of God living inside you like Thomas has, He seen the great light shining upon Jesus-He seen who Jesus really is.
After Thomas saying these words-Jesus didn't rebuke him, but accepted Thomas's words with a passion.
The same with us born again Christians we also believe Jesus is, My Lord and My God...
So much for you, that you are trying to argue He isn't, but Just Michael the archangel who came down to be the Son of God.
This same Michael the archangel-who asked Jesus to rebuke Satan, because He could not? {Jude 1:9}
Barristter07:
brocab

Brainwashed!

Go and study Daniel 7:13,14 . Jesus was brought before another NOT Himself , The ancient of days who gave him authority .

For more: There is " one who subjected all things to him [Jesus] " 1 Corinthians 15:27

If there is someone who subject all things to him, does that not tell a rational person that He didnt give himself power ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:01am On Dec 18, 2016
Your own self pity mind..
I know the scriptures, try looking at the scriptures that Jesus is My Lord and My God, try looking into {Isaiah 9:6} and explain this verse and why is it written about Jesus, if it isn't true..
Barristter07:

grin dey run mouth

to validate your assertion, go back to that post you quote , I will tag it post A2 , go and point out which part isnt scriptural.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:07am On Dec 18, 2016
More facts people should know about the jehovah's witnesses sect

The jehovah's witnesses sect claim to be the only channel of God's truth

well we know about channeling don't we, Christianity hears from God,
false jw elders hear from angels, undoubtably fallen angels

The jehovah's witnesses sect claim that Jesus Christ is a created being

From Carm dot org

Isaiah 43:11, "I, even I, am the Lord; and there is no savior besides Me."
If there is no savior besides God (Is. 43:11; 45:21), then how can Jesus, a created thing, be the savior?
In what sense is God alone the savior? Simple, only God forgives our sins, and only God provides the provision for our forgiveness through Christ. Yet, Jesus is the Savior who forgives sins and is Himself the provision. How can Jesus then be a created thing?

From Carm dot org

Bible Verses Examined
Exodus 6:2-3, "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, I am the Lord [YHWH]; 3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, Lord, I did not make Myself known to them."
If God appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty (Ex. 6:2-3) yet Jesus says that no man has seen the Father at any time (John 6:46), then who were they seeing if it was God Almighty, but not the Father?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:32am On Dec 18, 2016
Why don't you finish the quote-Jehovah means Lord-and the name Jehovah was suppose to be taken from the name Yahweh-which means Lord.
So how about finishing the quote and explain-why Jehovah's name isn't Jesus but you believe it"s God the Father.
Barristter07:
brocab

Brainwashed!

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:40am On Dec 18, 2016
Like the head of their organisation Mr Fran who hears from angels, tells the people the facts about nothing..
johnw74:
More facts people should know about the jehovah's witnesses sect

The jehovah's witnesses sect claim to be the only channel of God's truth

well we know about channeling don't we, Christianity hears from God,
false jw elders hear from angels, undoubtably fallen angels

The jehovah's witnesses sect claim that Jesus Christ is a created being

From Carm dot org

Isaiah 43:11, "I, even I, am the Lord; and there is no savior besides Me."
If there is no savior besides God (Is. 43:11; 45:21), then how can Jesus, a created thing, be the savior?
In what sense is God alone the savior? Simple, only God forgives our sins, and only God provides the provision for our forgiveness through Christ. Yet, Jesus is the Savior who forgives sins and is Himself the provision. How can Jesus then be a created thing?

From Carm dot org

Bible Verses Examined
Exodus 6:2-3, "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, I am the Lord [YHWH]; 3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, Lord, I did not make Myself known to them."
If God appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty (Ex. 6:2-3) yet Jesus says that no man has seen the Father at any time (John 6:46), then who were they seeing if it was God Almighty, but not the Father?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by oaroloye(m): 6:06am On Dec 18, 2016
Efrankbblog:
Jehovah's Witnesses had its origins in the Bible Student movement. It founder was Charles Taze Russell in the 1870s. financing of our publications come from voluntary donations. Any more questions?

CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL claimed that Jesus had returned to the Earth already in 1874, and would reveal himself in 1914, with the destruction of all World Governments and the Papacy.

His Prophecy was not based on THE BIBLE, but on a new Oyinbo PseudoScience called PYRAMIDOLOGY, which reads meanings into the proportions of measurements of the CHEOPS Pyramid in Egypt.

Therefore, when JUDGE RUTHERFORD took over the RUSSELITE Movement, he eventually deemphasized and eliminated Charles Taze Russell's books- the seven volume STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTUEES- with the result that very few Jehovah's Witnesses today have ever seen those any of those books, to know that their Denomination was not founded on The Bible, but on Occultism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_in_the_Scriptures

ADOLF HITLER martyred 1,600 German Jehovah's Witnesses for being Conscientious Objectors.

How many Nigerians have THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES killed, by denying SICKLE-CELL ANAEMICS Blood Transfusions, based on a Hypocritical misinterpretation of The BOOK OF ACTS- a time period when Blood Transfusion Technology did not even EXIST!

Oyinbos CANNOT GET this disease!

Your Religion was created by people who didn't care about Black people.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rtxfTEyJZg4
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 18, 2016
achorladey:

''He received back'' is the watch word here. From who? Does your opening words correpond to 1 Cor 15:28? Yes/No.
yes totally
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 18, 2016
achorladey:

But[b] you believe Jesus is Almighty God and a man as well[/b]. Or perhaps Jesus was lying to the woman of samaria.
Let me get you straight, Jesus the Almighty God(while in the flesh) said to the woman of samaria(who also in flesh) that Jesus ( Almighty God)whom the woman of samaria saw with her naked eyes is a spirit. John 4:24. Does that not seem like a lie to you? And yet no man has seen God not to talk of woman.
@ bold it is not just what i believe but what the bible says. Jesus met John in the island of patmos and referred to himself as the Almighty.
Jesus never lied @ all, he told the woman God is a Spirit. Jesus in Spirit is God but in the flesh he is a man. He is the word made flesh and the word himself is God.
'No man has seen God' that was before christ came. Let me tell you all that saw christ saw God in the flesh that is why they worshipped him.
He that has seen the son has seen the Father.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2016
author=achorladey post=52027094]Brocab, Solite3, Johnw74 e.t.c I never thought I could stumble across this but let me share it with you guys. Luke 22:69 hereafter shall the son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God
anytime Jesus is being referred to as the son of man, his human nature is been emphassize. So, Jesus is both the Son of man and the Son of God.

Guess what!!! Jesus himself said this. Jesus did not only confirm himself as son of man as indicated in Dan 7:13 but also indicate his position in relation to God. Expecting your comment on this one though.
Jesus is the son of man in dan 7:13. The term 'Son of man' had already explained to you Jesus position in relation to God. Jesus nature as man is his secondary nature.
John1:14 indicated that the word who is God (his primary unchangeable nature) additionally became flesh. Jesus is100% God and100% man

Sometimes the bible speak of him as a man and other times as God because he is both man and God (immanuel).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 18, 2016
achorladey:
who loves the consent of pharisee if not false witnesses afterall jehovah witnesses deny christ just as the pharisee deed. U who prefer to call Jehovah a god and the devil God.
You rejected thomas testimony because you felt he was not qualified just the pharisees rejected the testimony of the blind an who was made to see because they felt that he wasn't qualified.
The list goes on and one

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:57am On Dec 18, 2016
brocab:
Your own self pity mind..
I know the scriptures, try looking at the scriptures that Jesus is My Lord and My God, try looking into {Isaiah 9:6} and explain this verse and why is it written about Jesus, if it isn't true..

Go back to the post tagged A2 and point out what is not scriptural in the post, comprehend ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2016
Brocab

brocab:
Why don't you finish the quote-Jehovah means Lord-and the name Jehovah was suppose to be taken from the name Yahweh-which means Lord .
So how about finishing the quote and explain-why Jehovah's name isn't Jesus but you believe it"s God the Father.

you said Jesus gives himself power but as stated in Daniel 7:13,14 and 1 Cor 15:27 which proves there is " one who subject all thing to him [Jesus] " . telling us you are either deliberately lying or sleeping when u wrote that statement. grin

there is another silly idea in your post above , Yahweh MEANS Lord .

If Yahweh means Lord, answer this three questions :

1) Hazael the King of Syria called Elisha Lord @ 2king 8:12 , does it mean Elisha is Yahweh ?

2) Aaron called Moses Lord @ Numbers 12:11, tell me , Moses is Yahweh ?

3) I peter 3:6 " as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him Lord" , so Sarah was calling Abraham Yahweh since she called him Lord ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2016
brocab:
Why don't you answer all the bible verses we have written down, before we answer this one for you. since you are confused.
How many of mine have you answered? Point it out let me see.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:28am On Dec 18, 2016
brocab:
The Pharisees are now the modern day JW's, always against the Word Of God...
For your mind

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
solite3:
anytime Jesus is being referred to as the son of man, his human nature is been emphassize. So, Jesus is both the Son of man and the Son of God.

Jesus is the son of man in dan 7:13. The term 'Son of man' had already explained to you Jesus position in relation to God. Jesus nature as man is his secondary nature.
John1:14 indicated that the word who is God (his primary unchangeable nature) additionally became flesh. Jesus is100% God and100% man

Sometimes the bible speak of him as a man and other times as God because he is both man and God (immanuel).
The son of Man Stephen saw while he was stoned to death, was he in the primary or secondary nature?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
solite3:
@ bold it is not just what i believe but what the bible says. Jesus met John in the island of patmos and referred to himself as the Almighty.
Jesus never lied @ all, he told the woman God is a Spirit. Jesus in Spirit is God but in the flesh he is a man. He is the word made flesh and the word himself is God.
'No man has seen God' that was before christ came. Let me tell you all that saw christ saw God in the flesh that is why they worshipped him.
He that has seen the son has seen the Father.
Another reasonable question for you to answer if you can. Did the woman of samaria see Jesus as God? Who did Jesus christ say he was to the woman?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
solite3:
yes totally
I now see your total lack of comprehension of the scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:28. Your yes just proves your falsehood in its highest degree imaginable. One thing for sure, in your quest to make Jesus the Almighty God you increasingly make Jesus a liar. Think!!! Even some of your peers will be in shock towards your '' Yes'' response.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — Walk Worthy / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.