Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (379612 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:31am On Dec 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

if you had left my post the way they are , if you had not edited the truth out of it, if you had read the scriptures you deliberately removed,

poor lie lie dolphinheart, all you have is your lies and false accusations
that you repeat over and over again

explaining twice to you is once more than enough,
but you love to lie and falsely accuse,
which is normal behaviour for an antichrist,
and you are truly that, aren't you smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:43am On Dec 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

post the verse again and we will examine who was talking in that verse .

You said certain Alpha and Omega verses in Rev, were not Jesus talking

I showed that it certinally was Jesus talking in those verses, not just one

There is no need for me to post the verses again, you never replied to my post,
go back and reply now, or are you just grand standing, big mouthing?
yep, of course you are oh antichrist
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:57am On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
{1 John 4:12} No-one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God dwells in us.
{John 1:18}No-one has ever seen God at any time, only the begotten Son.
{John 6:46} No-one has seen the Father..
And the JW's still can't see it.

bro, I believe many of them can see it, but they reject it, they reject the Truth, which is Christ
they are antichrist, rejecting so much scripture that we post concerning Him
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:06am On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
Bless John74 soul-If He did edit your post, he did it to return to you the favour you have in the past changed our post.
Bless the Man's soul, he was correcting your mistakes-like a teacher corrects the children in a classroom-like our Father in Heaven corrects His own while reading the Word Of God.
Bless John74's soul...
Well done good and faithful servant...

bro I don't change anything in antichrist dolphinheart posts,
as you pointed out he does,
I just simply quote the things I want to talk about,
that's a sensible thing to do, but of course lie lie loves to
lie and falsely accuse on many diffrent things,

As is the way of a/c

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:31am On Dec 20, 2016
Barristter07:
Solite3

( Post A2)

Barristter07:

Go back to the post tagged A2 and point out what is not scriptural in the post, comprehend ?

lie lie Barristter07

a normal person would just quote the post
but you like to big note and pretend you are a Barrister, yet you cannot even spell the word-your username

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:34am On Dec 20, 2016
Well they seem to avoid it as much as they can, they use the KJV only when it's necessary for them, but truly they hate the KJV only because it holds all truth. Dolphinheart seems to run to different bibles when the truth is being revealed.
He believes in the NEW ORDER bibles written today, bibles that are taken the truth away from God's own.
Recently I just came back from a trip, and while I was on my journey I travelled 1600 miles, I didn't know why the Lord had sent me, but I knew I had to go to see my old friend.
A day or two later, we talked about different bibles, he handed me His own bible, and while I was reading it, I compared it with the King James-and of course knowing, I manage to find missing scriptures, and twisted scriptures that was taken out from the word of God.
So I showed the old friend his bible, and pointed out {Matthew 23:13-15} from his bible, 14 is missing, and the follow up scripture is in {Luke 11} which sounds-and I showed him the KJV has it all 13,14,15.
I told him how important it is to have all the word of God in front of him, instead of having left out parts of the bible, or chasing up other scriptures that sounds.
I told him every scripture written by God is written, as the story continual's.
The old friend didn't realise-he had been reading this bible for donkeys years-matter of fact it laid him out flat.
This is why it's best to stay with the KJV-Knowing it carries the word of God to it's full strength.
God's people are being deceived by the millions, the importance of the Word of God is our food we need for His time to come.
The 1984 NIV bible calls Jesus the capstone instead of the Cornerstone. {Matthew 21:42}
johnw74:

bro, I believe many of them can see it, but they reject it, they reject the Truth, which is Christ
they are antichrist, rejecting so much scripture that we post concerning Him

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:46am On Dec 20, 2016
Your a true man of God and I believe you bro..
We Christians already know the liking's of Dolphinheart's behaviour.
He is so mixed up he doesn't even know which direction to turn too. His god isn't the same God we know that's written in the bible.
johnw74:

bro I don't change anything in antichrist dolphinheart posts,
as you pointed out he does,
I just simply quote the things I want to talk about,
that's a sensible thing to do, but of course lie lie loves to
lie and falsely accuse on many diffrent things,

As is the way of a/c

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:52am On Dec 20, 2016
Solite3

solite3:
in KJV Yahweh was translated as LORD in fact Yahweh means Lord to we Christians because Yahweh is the only Lord.
I believe you should increase our comprehension level.

Lets see who have low comprehension

KJV replaces Gods name with LORD in capital letter and u are celebrating the fraud, abeg, was it replaced in the original writings of the scriptures ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:57am On Dec 20, 2016
dolphinheart:

if you had left my post the way they are , if you had not edited the truth out of it, if you had read the scriptures you deliberately removed, you probably would have seen the truth. If you continue to edit peoples post, you will never get the meaning of their words. what I'm trying to say is encompassed in the whole writeup and not just in one sentence or parts of a sentence.

It is also evident that you did not adress or give your understanding of the scriptures quoted by me.

Ac 26:23that the Christ was to suffer and that as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to proclaim light both to this people and to the nations.”

Col 1:18and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things;

Re 1:5and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood

Re 2:8“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to

a/c dolphinheart

I certinally did, but you cannot help but lie

here it is:
https://www.nairaland.com/2720878/jehovahs-witnesses-17-facts-people/146#51908688

show me where I lied you say cheesy
you lie and falsely accuse in most of your posts smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:00am On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
Tell the people My name "I AM THAT I AM" "I Am said to Moses who He is.
The name of Jehovah is not the real name of God, let me explain, in the Hebrew language God is expressed by four letters "YHWH" These four consonants are also known in academic circles as the Tetragrammation .
The name of God was revealed to Moses on Mount Sinia:
God told Moses tell the people "I AM THAT I AM" sent me to you {Exodus 3:13-15} When God sent Moses back to Egypt to bring the people out from their oppression, God told Moses, Say this to the people of Israel "The LORD had sent Me to you" This is My name forever, and I am to be remembered throughout all generations {Exodus 3:15} The Lord is: "YHWH".
The name Jehovah is not the real name of God, its a made up name, so people would recognise God.
Over the centuries the Jewish community has avoided using or pronouncing the Divine name in public, When reading the name the God in Hebrew the Masoretes wrote the four consonants "YHWH" and inserted the vowels of the Hebrew word, "Adonai" "A word that means the Lord"
The name Jehovah is a hybrid name, The name was form by the use of the Tetragrammation "YHWH" with the vowels of "Adonai" and the result was "Ye Ho WaH" This hybrid name became the basis for the Latinized name Jehovah.
The name Jehovah was not known until sometime after "1278" when a Dominican Monk by the name: "Raymundus Martini" a spaniard, first used it in his book "Pugeo Fidei" The name Jehovah appeared in English when "William Tyndale" translated the book of Moses in "1530" The name Jehovah is a artificial creation that was not used until the "Middle Ages" 'It does not reflect an accurate rending of the Divine name in the Hebrew bible, and its used should be avoided.
Now this is the truth-and of course you will disagree-like you disagree with the bible..

King James Version:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." Psalm 83:18.

Straight from the KJV, is the KJV a fraudulent translation for using the name ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2016
{Acts 7:55} But Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, Looked up into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Meaning Stephen full of the Holy Spirit seen Jesus stand in God's glory. God is Light, God is Spirit, and No-one had seen God at anytime.
When we see Jesus we see God {John 1:18}
achorladey:

Oga tell me the son of Man Stephen saw was he(Jesus) in the primary nature or secondary nature?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:04am On Dec 20, 2016
What? It's to much for you to comprehend that you are changing the subject already?
And how many times was Jehovah written in the KJV?
Barristter07:

King James Version:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." Psalm 83:18.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Barristter07:

King James Version:

lie lie Barristter07

Psa 83:18  That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Yes Yahweh is the name of God

it is the name of God and the Word, which is God
the Word who became the man Jesus Christ appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob

Exo 6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Joh_6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Joh 5:37  And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:02am On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
What? It's to much for you to comprehend that you are changing the subject already?
And how many times was Jehovah written in the KJV?

illogical excuses grin grin , Is the KJV a fraudulent translation for using the name ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
{Acts 7:55} But Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, Looked up into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Meaning Stephen full of the Holy Spirit seen Jesus stand in God's glory. God is Light, God is Spirit, and No-one had seen God at anytime.
When we see Jesus we see God {John 1:18}
How can this be the answer to the question? Okay, Who did Stephen see first? Who was standing at the right hand of what Stephen see first?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2016
Ok I will repeat myself once again, {Acts 7:55} Stephen saw the glory of God-and Then he seen Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Stephen full of the Holy Spirit saw the Glory of God and saw Jesus standing in the presents of God..
How simple does this sound?
achorladey:

How can this be the answer to the question? Okay, Who did Stephen see first? Who was standing at the right hand of what Stephen see first?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
I suppose if they allowed the JW's to keep on printing the KJV on their pressers yes the answer to your question the KJV would be a fraudulent translation.
God surely did save the KJV, and of course He saved it from being tamped with, from the liking's of the JW's.
The name Jehovah isn't written throughout all the KJ bible-which of course makes the KJV popular, it is more active to the readers-because of it's correction-Jehovah was only written in small dozes-1611 bible Jehovah was written seven times {Genesis 22:14, Exodus 6;3, 17:15, Psalms 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, 26:4, Judges 6:24} Since then, the name Jehovah didn't go any further..
And Jehovah was never mentioned in the New Testament..
Same God but the name Jehovah was never mentioned.
The KJV had been corrected since then, The KJV didn't complete the Hybrid name Jehovah throughout the hole bible-matter of fact the KJV corrected it by changing it from Jehovah to God's rightful name "Lord YHWH, Yahweh"
Barristter07:

illogical excuses grin grin , Is the KJV a fraudulent translation for using the name ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
achorladey:

For your mind am pouring rubbish bah. Okay, Even your latest explanation can only colour the matter more.
Question 1. What is his name? according to words of Agur in Prov 30:4
Solite3: Answer Jesus the Almighty God.
Questions 2 What his is son's name?
Solite3: Jesus christ the Almighty God.
I know you will still come back and tell me I am pouring rubbish. Continue.
now your hypocrisy is exposed why did you choose to ignore Thomas words but choose Agur's words even above the disciples?
Surely Jesus is the one who descended and ascended into the heavens.
Agur was asking a rhetorical question we all know God does not have a son to continue his lineage cause he never dies.
God's name are too numerous to mention he is the Almighty, yahweh, I am that I am, and his Son is also Almighty, yahweh, I am that I am.

Do you agree with Thomas calling Jesus Lord God?
If no, what is your reason?
Which action is more correct?
A. Jesus refusal to rebuke Thomas when he called him Lord God.
B. The angel at the island of patmost refusing worship from John.
Are both actions correct?

What will you do if someone call you his Lord and God?
A. keep quiet or Commend him
B.Rebuke him
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
solite3:
now your hypocrisy is exposed why did you choose to ignore Thomas words but choose Agur's words even above the disciples?
Agur was asking a rhetorical question we all know God does not have a son to continue his lineage cause he never dies.
God's name are too numerous to mention he is the Almighty, yahweh, I am that I am, and his Son is also Almighty, yahweh, I am that I am.

B.Rebuke him

If am to ask you now is it Lord God that was recorded in John 20:28? You will respond by saying am pouring rubbish. Answer that first.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
solite3:

B.Rebuke him

Who among these two cannot die? A. JEHOVAH B. Jesus. It is easy for you solite3 to preach that Jesus die on the cross so repent and give your life to christ but when it comes to preaching about trinity it becomes the other way round(Jesus cannot die).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
solite3:

B.Rebuke him

For your mind I am an hypocrite bah? Yet I still have the audacity to quote that scripture relating to Thomas and raised a very good question that you are struggling to find answers to. Continue.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2016
Christ died in the flesh-Jesus gave up His Spirit, leaving His Body on the cross, buried in a tomb and later raised again. He was seen by His Disciples, ate with them, drank with them, and walked with them.
A Jehovah B Jesus Yes that's about right, Spirits don't die, unless God destroys both soul and body {Matthew 10:28}
Its pretty simple to acknowledge..
achorladey:

Who among these two cannot die? A. JEHOVAH B. Jesus. It is easy for you solite3 to preach that Jesus die on the cross so repent and give your life to christ but when it comes to preaching about trinity it becomes the other way round(Jesus cannot die).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
Ok I will repeat myself once again, {Acts 7:55} Stephen saw the glory of God-and Then he seen Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Stephen full of the Holy Spirit saw the Glory of God and saw Jesus standing in the presents of God..
How simple does this sound?
Jesus standing at the right hand of who? Answer with just one word, not two not three just one word.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
Christ died in the flesh-Jesus gave up His Spirit, leaving His Body on the cross, buried in a tomb and later raised again. He was seen by His Disciples, ate with them drank with them and walked with them. And the disciples watched Him go up unto the clouds..
Its pretty simple to acknowledge..
Back it up Bro
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
Stephen saw God's glory, and he seen Jesus standing on the right hand of God.
Meaning once again Stephen saw the light and he seen the son of man standing in the presents of God's glory.
achorladey:

Standing in the right hand of who? Answer with just one word, not two not three just one word.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
Stephen saw God's glory, and he seen Jesus standing on the right hand of God.
Meaning once again Stephen saw the light and he seen the son of man standing in the presents of God's glory.
Failure written all over that reply.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
A Jehovah B Jesus yes that's about right? Spirits don't die, unless God destroys both soul and body {Matthew 10:28}
achorladey:

Back it up Bro
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
I only see you failure, that you still can't see the light..
achorladey:

Failure written all over that reply.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Of God's glory..
achorladey:

Jesus standing at the right hand of who? Answer with just one word, not two not three just one word.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
I only see you failure, that you still can't see the light..
Laughs
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
brocab:
Of God's glory..
Failure written all over this as well
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
And more laughs for me.
achorladey:

Laughs

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — It Is For Your Good / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.