Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,244 members, 7,860,560 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (378512 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
{Psalms 135} Good question, allow me to study the scriptures?
I had found In the World English bible-praise "Yahweh's" And in the King James Version praise "YE" the Lord. And of course I found No Jehovah in either.{Psalms 68:4} "JAH" is used, but still no Jehovah..
The Word LORD was spelt in all capital letters by King James translators to represent the same Hebrew word "YHWH" But still no Jehovah..
KJV {John 5:43} I am coming in My Fathers name, and "YE" receive me not.
{Ephesians 2:2} Wherein time past "YE" walked according to the course of the world.
Only seven scriptures found in the Old Testament Jehovah is mentioned, None in the New Testament.
If Jehovah was the Lord's real name-then Jehovah would be written at the beginning unto the end, but of course Jehovah is only written seven times.
It shows not only does Jehovah carry the Lord's name-Jehovah was also used as alters and places, Moses built an alter Jehovahnissi, and the Gideon also built an alter Jehovahsalom, and Abraham called a place Jehovahjireh, so the name Jehovah isn't just used for the Lord's name, but it's used for alters and places.
Barristter07:

Matter of fact grin grin

Now, provide where KJV use the translation " Yahweh " ? For God
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
I am not missing the point man-I see things differently from the way you see things differently. The Word "HE" was written after the first statement, the first statement is from the beginning, Jesus said {1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh-the latest version said "HE" was manifested in the flesh.
Both sentences had given the same passage-but because you don't believe God was manifested in the flesh-and "HE" was-it doesn't mean either sentences are wrong..
{1 john 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
In your case the Word was a god.
So who are you to believe-Your bible-or the bible written before your bible?
I say follow your heart Dolphinheart-and if your heart deceives you, God will never deceive you {1 John 3:20}
dolphinheart:

unfortunately, you keep missing the point, I don't know if it's deliberate or not.
The issue is about the content of the verse we are supposed to understand and not the understanding between two different sentences.
first one has to know which sentence is true and which is false before one has to understand the true sentence.

let me explain to you with another example. A thousand years ago , a man made a statement, a thousand years later, some people said the statement made a thousand years ago was "the boy is good", others said it is not so , that the statement was " the mamost is good". We all know the man did not make both statements, he only made one statement, therefore one of the two statement is false.

fortunately the man wrote his statement down, so brocab , pls tell me, what better way is their than using the record of that written statement to know which of the two statements is true, cus we know both cannot be true.

It is after such verification that you can now try to understand the statement.

such verification had been done on 1 timothy 3:16, the word "he" has been discovered to be the true word in that verse. mind you , before you claim it's the spirit that thought you, both sides can lay claim to the spirit teaching teaching them too.

The issue is, what is the true statement , did the statement say "boy" or "man". Yes, you can understand the statement in different ways, depending on your truthfulness and aim, but the fact is, there was only one statement, not two, so which one is it.

But the scripture also encouraged us to study, if you ask God for the truth, he wunt give you contrary details to what is contained in the scriptures .

Those you accuse of changing the scriptures also accuse you of adding to the scriptures in certain verses while saying it's the spirit of God that is guiding them. Even the text in which those accused got most of their words from had been found to be full of errors, even the author of those texts had to bring out numerous editions to correct some of those false words discovered.

riptures daily to see whether these things were so.

[b]Acts 17:11 King James Bible
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
Jesus died to be raised again-He gave up his Spirit on the cross-that doesn't mean He is finished..
dolphinheart:

STOP LYING , I QUOTED THE SCRIPTURES WHERE IT IS SAID THAT JESUS GAVE UP HIS SPIRIT!.
I HAVE ALSO QUOTED WHAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS HAPPEN TO A PERSON WHEN HIS SPIRIT GOES OUT.
I ALSO SHOWED WHERE THE SCRIPTURE SAID JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE!

YOU SAY JESUS DID NOT DIE, YET JESUS SAID HE WAS DEAD!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
brocab:
As I said the bible is accurate. I call Jehovah a misprint, before or after it was printed by the JW's on their own pressers..
(1) the translation is accurate, but it contains a misprint? I don't think you know what you are saying.

(2) if it contains a misprint, why has it not been corrected for hundreds of years?

(3) why does the KJV still defend the use of Jehovah if it's a misprint?
kjvtoday dot com
[b]“Jehovah” or “Yahweh” in Exodus 6:3 et al.?

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3, KJV)

"JEHOVAH" is the translation of יהוה with the Masoretic vowel points.  These vowel points were put in place by the Masoretes many centuries after the composition of the Hebrew Bible.  It is commonly believed that the Jews in the Second Temple period took the vowel points of "Adona" (Lord) and placed them in .

Many scholars today believe that the original pronunciation of  was closer to "Yahweh".  This is a theory based on how some writers in the cognate languages and Greek pronounced the name (e.g. Clement of Alexandria, The Stromata, Book V, 6).  These other languages had vowels written before the Masoretes gave vowel points to the Hebrew, and it appears that some early writers in these languages wrote the name as something resembling "Yahweh".

However, there is more to the story.  Our Lord's Hebrew name "Yehoshua" (יהושׁע) means "Jehovah saves" and is derived from יהוה.  This Hebrew name became "Yeshua" in Aramaic and "Ἰησοῦς" (Iesous) in Greek.  As clearly seen, by the time of our Lord Jesus the part of"Yehoshua" (יהושׁע) which corresponds with  was pronounced like the first two syllables of "Jehovah".  Whether or not the original pronunciation of  was "Yahweh", Jews pronounced the name as "Jehovah" by the first century.  And neither our Lord Jesus nor the New Testament writers indicated any dissatisfaction with this pronunciation.

Other Hebrew names were also derived from compounding יהוה (or a portion of it) with another Hebrew word: e.g. Jehoshaphat, Jehoiada, Jehoram, Jehoiakim, etc. The way these names have been pronounced throughout history suggests to us that יהוה was pronounced like "Jehovah". In any case, the fact that the psalmist was comfortable using the short-form “Jah” (Psalm 68:4) indicates that the Jews were not particularly legalistic about the pronunciation of the Divine Name.  Pious Jews did not even utter the sacred name.

The theory of the pronunciation as "Yahweh" is a theory at best.  In any case, the KJV is a translation of the Hebrew Masoretic text, which gives the vowels of "Jehovah".  As such, the KJV is a faithful translation of the preserved Hebrew text.

Lasty, some critics despise the hard “J” sound in “Jehovah,” but many Hebrew names (e.g. Jesus, Joseph, John, James, Jude, Judas, Jeremiah, Jonah) are pronounced in English with the hard “J” despite them not having the hard “J” in Hebrew or Greek. It would be hypocritical to insist that one must pronounce יהוה as “Yahweh” while permitting the Anglicized pronunciations of other Hebrew names (including “Jesus,” which contains the name “Jehovah.”).[/b]

can you see the KJV defending itself, their statement had just debunked your "mispelt" theory. It has exposed your falsehood, no wonder you could not bring up any evidence to surport your theory.

(4) this are simple questions I've asked before and ill ask again
A. What bible translation are you using
B. Is your bible printed by the jaw
C. what does exodus 6:3 and psalm 83: 18 say in the bible you are using.

I know you will not answer the questions when you reply this post, but I added it to show sincere Christians the spirit you claim to have.

The name Jehovah didn't reach it's mark throughout all of the KJV, seven times it was mentioned in the Old testament, not once it was mentioned in the New Testament.
For your statement to be true, the name of Jehovah must have a mark, Pls what is the mark of that na me that the kjv did not reach?
refusal to answer the question will show your statement to be false.

you just said the name "jehovah" was mentioned In the old testament, this shows that truly the name did exist in the bible, it was not mispelled.

One word doesn't make a difference, because I already know the Lord's name is correct-when His name is the Word and the Word was God,
I AM THAT I AM, YHWH Yahweh..
What you are not understanding you are to busy worshipping the Jehovah name, instead of reading the scriptures, and still you don't know who your God really is?
It is far to important to know God through faith in Jesus Christ, then it is to know the correct pronunciation of His name in Hebrew.
With all of that said, it is not crucial to the Christian faith for the proper pronunciation of YHWH to be knowing both of the Old and New Testaments, inspired by God, use generic terms for "God and Lord" including EL, ELOHIM, and ADONAI {HEBREW} and THEO'S, and KURIOS {GREEK}
If the authors of the scripture, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, were allowed to use these terms, it is not wrong for us to refer to Him as "God and Lord.
Good that you know that "LORD" is a generic term.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
brocab:
Dolphinheart-I wish I knew where you are coming from at times-but as sadly as this sounds I don't know.
if you read the scriptures I posted, you will know, I believe you know, but believe in your false doctrines wunt allow you to accept
{1 Timothy 3:16} Makes no difference to me, both the NIV and the KJV are correct.
This is the excuse given by someone who want to twist the truth, who is afraid that his own version of that verse is false. The writer of that verse did not write the two different statements of that verse found in the KJV and NIV, he only wrote one statement. The statement must either contain the Greek word for "God" or the Greek word for "he". It has been proven that the correct word written by the author is "he", but because it affects your false doctrines, you had to reject the truth brought forward with facts and defend the falsely added word. We all know that both translations cannot be true, one is true and other is false, but you had to accept both cus it helps you.

I really can't see your problem in these two bible verses-either it's "He" or "God" both "He or God" are talking about One Lord.
the writer did not write both sentences, the writer did not write "thoes". So get the true translation and then try to understand it's meaning.

Jesus {"He or God"} was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, Received up in glory...
the Greek word for he and God are two different words, it cannot be interchanged for each other.

NIV-He appeared in the flesh. KJV-God was manifested in the flesh..
These scriptures are so simple to understand-Dolphinheart refusing to see God in the KJV-is not my concern, what concerns me, is the KJV recognises the truth, who Jesus is.
The KJV added word to that verse deliberately, the scriptures is supposed to be a translation, it is not supposed to change words and give it a different meaning, it's not supposed to add or change words based on his own view of the truth.
The Greek word in that part of the verse cannot in any way be translated as God.

This is why this bible is so popular, this same bible takes charge over every other bible that's written.
It is only people like you, who will always disagree, only because like the rest of these so called bible scholars, everyone of you, are afraid of the truth that stands in the KJ bible.
brocab, a lot of bad things are popular.

The KJV is used as a tool, only for the believers, without fear, we live by faith, and receive the glory of God Himself.
I have found no other bible that I can say is true to it's word, these other bibles written by inspired so called bible scholars had either twisted the scriptures or they had removed them completely, in fear..
So people like yourself who listens to people like these so called bible scholars-will someday end up all together in your own condemnation in Hell.
your opinion. but we know you can't support it with facts.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Of course you believe what you are taught-but the problem is, it's man teaching you alone. The problem we have here is you believe on the things that happened from 1874, while the bible was written at a much earlier date the New Testament was around the 150 AD and before that the Old Testament was surely around in Jesus's time.
So whom are we to believe-the New age bible such as the NWT that was written somewhere around 1874-or do we seek after a bible that was written before 150 AD. A bible that holds the truth about Jesus, a bible that many men and women died for-trying to get the Word of God out in all languages, so everyone can receive the love of God's glory, and be saved.
When comparing the 1611 an authorised KJV bible to your own bible NWT-nothing from your bible tells us any history, and of course no-one can say people risks their own lives for.
People that carried the KJV were murdered because of their faith they had for Christ-just to help save another life.

There is no true foundation history said about your bible? Only it's a cult.
So I don't dealt you, when saying you believe in the left over scriptures that's left laying around in your bible.
I don't claim any spirit teaches me, I claim the Holy Spirit teaches me, haven't you not heard test the spirits {1 John 4:1-2}
{1 John 3:24}
He that keeps His commandments dwells in Him, and He in Him, we know by that, He abides in us, by the Spirit which He has given us.
It seems you are again not in the habit of understanding, we know we both listen to two different Spirits. Your organisation believes they listen to angels. Which of the angels?
You believe the Holy Spirit is some kind of an active force, and you believe Michael the archangel is Jesus? Where about in scripture who knows?
I am sure {Jude 9:6} can answer this one for you-their wasn't two archangels Michael's who asked the Lord to rebuke the Devil that day.
So I would be reading the bible that has been through the mill-the bible that many risks their lives for, and died for, this bible is the truth. Jesus said those who believe in Me will be persecuted {Matthew 10;22, 24:9, 2 Timothy 3;12}
dolphinheart:

I also believe that John 1:1 said the word was a god, but unlike you, I have evidence to support my believe, my believe did not come out of strong head devotion, it came out of study, knowing fully well that what I'm being taught is the truth, truth as revealed by the scriptures.
If you claim a spirit teaches you, but the spirit teaches you something contrary to what the scriptures says, then that spirit is a bad spirit . If the spirit makes you vehemently refuse to answer scripturally based questions, then that spirit is false. If the spirit encourages you to lie on this thread , then that spirit is not the hope spirit.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
The KJV only defends Jehovah seven times-not bad going-when Jehovah is un-noticeable to the readers.
Try putting more of your time getting to know the Lord-instead of trying to know a hybrid name.
dolphinheart:

(1) the translation is accurate, but it contains a misprint? I don't think you know what you are saying.

(2) if it contains a misprint, why has it not been corrected for hundreds of years?

(3) why does the KJV still defend the use of Jehovah if it's a misprint?
kjvtoday dot com
[b]“Jehovah” or “Yahweh” in Exodus 6:3 et al.?

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3, KJV)

"JEHOVAH" is the translation of יהוה with the Masoretic vowel points.  These vowel points were put in place by the Masoretes many centuries after the composition of the Hebrew Bible.  It is commonly believed that the Jews in the Second Temple period took the vowel points of "Adona" (Lord) and placed them in .

Many scholars today believe that the original pronunciation of  was closer to "Yahweh".  This is a theory based on how some writers in the cognate languages and Greek pronounced the name (e.g. Clement of Alexandria, The Stromata, Book V, 6).  These other languages had vowels written before the Masoretes gave vowel points to the Hebrew, and it appears that some early writers in these languages wrote the name as something resembling "Yahweh".

However, there is more to the story.  Our Lord's Hebrew name "Yehoshua" (יהושׁע) means "Jehovah saves" and is derived from יהוה.  This Hebrew name became "Yeshua" in Aramaic and "Ἰησοῦς" (Iesous) in Greek.  As clearly seen, by the time of our Lord Jesus the part of"Yehoshua" (יהושׁע) which corresponds with  was pronounced like the first two syllables of "Jehovah".  Whether or not the original pronunciation of  was "Yahweh", Jews pronounced the name as "Jehovah" by the first century.  And neither our Lord Jesus nor the New Testament writers indicated any dissatisfaction with this pronunciation.

Other Hebrew names were also derived from compounding יהוה (or a portion of it) with another Hebrew word: e.g. Jehoshaphat, Jehoiada, Jehoram, Jehoiakim, etc. The way these names have been pronounced throughout history suggests to us that יהוה was pronounced like "Jehovah". In any case, the fact that the psalmist was comfortable using the short-form “Jah” (Psalm 68:4) indicates that the Jews were not particularly legalistic about the pronunciation of the Divine Name.  Pious Jews did not even utter the sacred name.

The theory of the pronunciation as "Yahweh" is a theory at best.  In any case, the KJV is a translation of the Hebrew Masoretic text, which gives the vowels of "Jehovah".  As such, the KJV is a faithful translation of the preserved Hebrew text.

Lasty, some critics despise the hard “J” sound in “Jehovah,” but many Hebrew names (e.g. Jesus, Joseph, John, James, Jude, Judas, Jeremiah, Jonah) are pronounced in English with the hard “J” despite them not having the hard “J” in Hebrew or Greek. It would be hypocritical to insist that one must pronounce יהוה as “Yahweh” while permitting the Anglicized pronunciations of other Hebrew names (including “Jesus,” which contains the name “Jehovah.”).[/b]

can you see the KJV defending itself, their statement had just debunked your "mispelt" theory. It has exposed your falsehood, no wonder you could not bring up any evidence to surport your theory.

(4) this are simple questions I've asked before and ill ask again
A. What bible translation are you using
B. Is your bible printed by the jaw
C. what does exodus 6:3 and psalm 83: 18 say in the bible you are using.

I know you will not answer the questions when you reply this post, but I added it to show sincere Christians the spirit you claim to have.

For your statement to be true, the name of Jehovah must have a mark, Pls what is the mark of that na me that the kjv did not reach?
refusal to answer the question will show your statement to be false.

you just said the name "jehovah" was mentioned In the old testament, this shows that truly the name did exist in the bible, it was not mispelled.

Good that you know that "LORD" is a generic term.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:55am On Dec 22, 2016
dolphinheart:

all you needed to do is to show that my answer is wrong about John 1:1.
pls try and do so.
You brought two options, I chosed one of them, pls proof that my option is wrong.

a/c dolphinheart

Here are some verses showing that you are wrong about the Word being "a god" in John 1:1

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was "God"

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my "God".

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O "God", is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 
Psa 45:7  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore "God", thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O "God", is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 
Heb 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore "God", even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
^^^
Psalm and Hebrew verses, Father calls Jesus "God"
and both Father and Jesus are called "God" as in John 1:1 

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with "God", and the Word was "God". 

Now mendacious dolphinheart show all the verses where Jesus is said to be "a god"

mendacious: telling lies, especially habitually; dishonest; lying; untruthful:
a mendacious person

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:08am On Dec 22, 2016
dolphinheart:

riptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Acts 17:11 King James Bible
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

a/c dolphinheart

They were not like the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect who change and twist the scriptures to make them so

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:17am On Dec 22, 2016
It's easy to be a member of the jehovahs witnesses sect

wherever Bible verses don't agree with their satanic doctrines they just don't believe them
and change and twist around what they say.

false jw's are antichrists who deny Christ and His written word

the jehovahs witnesses sect lie and call the Word Jesus Christ "a god"
they put Him at the same level as satan, who is "a god"

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Maybe you should be reading the KJ's bible men and women had risk the lives and died for.
This is surely the bible that holds all truth.

Your bible is only mentioned as a cult, that holds only twisted and removed scriptures.
dolphinheart:

if you read the scriptures I posted, you will know, I believe you know, but believe in your false doctrines wunt allow you to accept

This is the excuse given by someone who want to twist the truth, who is afraid that his own version of that verse is false. The writer of that verse did not write the two different statements of that verse found in the KJV and NIV, he only wrote one statement. The statement must either contain the Greek word for "God" or the Greek word for "he". It has been proven that the correct word written by the author is "he", but because it affects your false doctrines, you had to reject the truth brought forward with facts and defend the falsely added word. We all know that both translations cannot be true, one is true and other is false, but you had to accept both cus it helps you.

the writer did not write both sentences, the writer did not write "thoes". So get the true translation and then try to understand it's meaning.

[qoute]Jesus {"He or God"} was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, Received up in glory...
the Greek word for he and God are two different words, it cannot be interchanged for each other.

NIV-He appeared in the flesh. KJV-God was manifested in the flesh..
These scriptures are so simple to understand-Dolphinheart refusing to see God in the KJV-is not my concern, what concerns me, is the KJV recognises the truth, who Jesus is.
The KJV added word to that verse deliberately, the scriptures is supposed to be a translation, it is not supposed to change words and give it a different meaning, it's not supposed to add or change words based on his own view of the truth.
The Greek word in that part of the verse cannot in any way be translated as God.

This is why this bible is so popular, this same bible takes charge over every other bible that's written.
It is only people like you, who will always disagree, only because like the rest of these so called bible scholars, everyone of you, are afraid of the truth that stands in the KJ bible.
brocab, a lot of bad things are popular.

The KJV is used as a tool, only for the believers, without fear, we live by faith, and receive the glory of God Himself.
I have found no other bible that I can say is true to it's word, these other bibles written by inspired so called bible scholars had either twisted the scriptures or they had removed them completely, in fear..
So people like yourself who listens to people like these so called bible scholars-will someday end up all together in your own condemnation in Hell.

your opinion. but we know you can't support it with facts.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:04am On Dec 22, 2016
I myself would believe in the manuscripts that was written around 1611 KJV and before in Latin the bible people died for-people who had risk their own lives for-people who were slaughtered castrated, and burnt to the stake for, people who had faith for, believing Jesus Christ is Lord. This is the only bible worth believing for..
Your bible don't even receive a mention-why would anyone believe in a bible from the New age era, when history had written itself over and over.
This is all the proof we need-your bible comes under the cult section-I give unto you-Your New World Translation bible, a bible that's recognised by the world as the one, and only, true cult..
This is the bible I myself wouldn't die for...Let alone believe.....
dolphinheart:

all you needed to do is to show that my answer is wrong about John 1:1.
pls try and do so.
You brought two options, I chosed one of them, pls proof that my option is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 4:25am On Dec 22, 2016
Brocab

brocab:
{Psalms 135} Good question, allow me to study the scriptures?
I had found In the World English bible-praise "Yahweh's" And in the King James Version praise "YE" the Lord. And of course I found No Jehovah in either.{Psalms 68:4} "JAH" is used, but still no Jehovah..
The Word LORD was spelt in all capital letters by King James translators to represent the same Hebrew word "YHWH" But still no Jehovah..
KJV {John 5:43} I am coming in My Fathers name, and "YE" receive me not.
{Ephesians 2:2} Wherein time past "YE" walked according to the course of the world.
Only seven scriptures found in the Old Testament Jehovah is mentioned, None in the New Testament.
If Jehovah was the Lord's real name-then Jehovah would be written at the beginning unto the end, but of course Jehovah is only written seven times.
It shows not only does Jehovah carry the Lord's name-Jehovah was also used as alters and places, Moses built an alter Jehovahnissi, and the Gideon also built an alter Jehovahsalom, and Abraham called a place Jehovahjireh, so the name Jehovah isn't just used for the Lord's name, but it's used for alters and places.

are you okay ? You said the KJV has changed by using Yahweh as Gods name .... so prove this, by showing this thread where KJV uses Yahweh as Gods name ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 4:36am On Dec 22, 2016
Brocab

Brocab

The name Jehovah may have appeared in the KJV
dont be silly, not may have . IT APPEARED . grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2016
All the Bible translations that came up in my search for John 1:1
all say "the Word was God"

American Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (ASV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible in Basic English
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (BBE) From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God.

Common English Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CEB) In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Common English Bible w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CEBA) In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The Complete Jewish Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CJB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CSB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Darby Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (DBY) In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (ESV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Good News Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (GNT) In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Good News Translation w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (GNTA) In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

GOD'S WORD Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (GW) In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hebrew Names Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (HNV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (JUB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

King James Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

King James Version w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (KJVA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Lexham English Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (LEB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Message Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (MSG) The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God,

New American Standard Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NAS) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Century Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NCV) In the beginning there was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New International Reader's Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NIRV) In the beginning, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New International Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NIV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New King James Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Living Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NLT) In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Revised Standard
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NRS) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Revised Standard w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NRSA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (RHE) In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God: and the Word was God.

Revised Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revised Standard Version w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (RSVA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Third Millennium Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (TMB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Third Millennium Bible w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (TMBA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Tyndale
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (TYN) In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God.

The Webster Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WBT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

World English Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WEB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Weymouth New Testament
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WNT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Wycliffe
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WYC) In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word. [In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

Young's Literal Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (YLT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

John used the word "theos-God" for Father God
John used the word "theos-God" for the Word

John would not have used the same Word for both Father and Son if both Father and Son were not God

All the Bible translators of course knew this and much more.
But not the translators of the satanic new world translation who left the first instance of "theos" as "God"
but changed the second instance of "theos" to "a god"
such is the evil of the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2016
johnw74:
All the Bible translations that came up in my search for John 1:1
all say "the Word was God"

American Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (ASV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible in Basic English
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (BBE) From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God.

Common English Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CEB) In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Common English Bible w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CEBA) In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The Complete Jewish Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CJB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (CSB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Darby Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (DBY) In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (ESV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Good News Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (GNT) In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Good News Translation w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (GNTA) In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

GOD'S WORD Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (GW) In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hebrew Names Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (HNV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (JUB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

King James Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

King James Version w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (KJVA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Lexham English Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (LEB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Message Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (MSG) The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God,

New American Standard Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NAS) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Century Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NCV) In the beginning there was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New International Reader's Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NIRV) In the beginning, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NIV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New King James Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Living Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NLT) In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Revised Standard
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NRS) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Revised Standard w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (NRSA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (RHE) In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God: and the Word was God.

Revised Standard Version
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revised Standard Version w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (RSVA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Third Millennium Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (TMB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Third Millennium Bible w/ Apocrypha
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (TMBA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Tyndale
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (TYN) In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God.

The Webster Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WBT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

World English Bible
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WEB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Weymouth New Testament
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WNT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Wycliffe
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (WYC) In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word. [In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

Young's Literal Translation
Chapter Parallel
John 1:1 (YLT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

John used the word "theos-God" for Father God
John used the word "theos-God" for the Word

John would not have used the same Word for both Father and Son if both Father and Son were not God

All the Bible translators of course knew this and much more.
But not the translators of the satanic new world translation who left the first instance of "theos" as "God"
but changed the second instance of "theos" to "a god"
such is the evil of the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect

what exactly is your argument here ,

- that theos cannot be translated as " a god" , or

- Jesus is the supreme being of the universe and thus cannot be called " a god " ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2016
brocab:
I am not missing the point man-I see things differently from the way you see things differently. The Word "HE" was written after the first statement, the first statement is from the beginning, Jesus said {1 Timothy 3:16}
Jesus did not say what was recorded in 1 timothy 3:16
God was manifested in the flesh-the latest version said "HE" was manifested in the flesh.
BROCAB, PAUL NEVER WROTE "GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH IN 1 TIMOTHY 3: 16, THAT STATEMENT IS A DISTORTION OF WHAT PAUL WROTE. STOP ALTERING PAULS STATEMENT BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEFS.

Both sentences had given the same passage-but because you don't believe God was manifested in the flesh-and "HE" was-it doesn't mean either sentences are wrong..
brocab, both sentence where not given or written by the writer of that verse the writer only wrote one statement down, not two different statement. Go study the Greek texts and see what Paul wrote down.

{1 john 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
In your case the Word was a god.
So who are you to believe-Your bible-or the bible written before your bible?
I say follow your heart Dolphinheart-and if your heart deceives you, God will never deceive you {1 John 3:20}
I believe the truth as written in the scriptures , go check the strongs dictionary for the Greek word "theos" and see it possible translations.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
brocab:
Jesus died to be raised again-He gave up his Spirit on the cross-that doesn't mean He is finished..

1. you lied against me, saying I said something I did not say, I know you will not apologise.
2. I do not know where you got the above statement from.
3. good you accept that Jesus gave up his spirit , he died like the scriptures say people die when their spirit goes out. JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE, HE DID NOT STILL HAVE IT WHEN HE DIED!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2016
dolphinheart:

BROCAB, PAUL NEVER WROTE "GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH IN 1 TIMOTHY 3: 16, THAT STATEMENT IS A DISTORTION OF WHAT PAUL WROTE. STOP ALTERING PAULS STATEMENT BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEFS.

dont mind those 419's , if truly brocab believe the statement God was manifest in flesh . what stops him from accepting Mary as the mother of God ? Or is it not God that was manifest in the flesh that Mary gave birth to ? grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2016
brocab:
Of course you believe what you are taught-but the problem is, it's man teaching you alone. The problem we have here is you believe on the things that happened from 1874, while the bible was written at a much earlier date the New Testament was around the 150 AD and before that the Old Testament was surely around in Jesus's time.
So whom are we to believe-the New age bible such as the NWT that was written somewhere around 1874-or do we seek after a bible that was written before 150 AD. A bible that holds the truth about Jesus, a bible that many men and women died for-trying to get the Word of God out in all languages, so everyone can receive the love of God's glory, and be saved.
Pls tell me, which bible translation was written before 150AD.? I wonder when you will end your lies.

I'm beggining to feel that you know nothing about what you are saying.

When comparing the 1611 an authorised KJV bible to your own bible NWT-nothing from your bible tells us any history, and of course no-one can say people risks their own lives for.
brocab, pls give us the story of the authorised king James version o. let's see those who risked their life for it.

We all know the text the KJV used in translation, we all know that their is a consensus that the text was full of errors, even the authors had to do some later editing to correct some of the errors.
We also know how late the manuscripts used where, compared to older, better manuscripts.

People that carried the KJV were murdered because of their faith they had for Christ-just to help save another life.
There is no true foundation history said about your bible? Only it's a cult.
Give us examples brocab. I don't need to tell you the horrors jehovah's witnesses faced for their beliefs, its well known.

So I don't dealt you, when saying you believe in the left over scriptures that's left laying around in your bible.

I don't claim any spirit teaches me, I claim the Holy Spirit teaches me, haven't you not heard test the spirits {1 John 4:1-2}
and so do tens of thousands of other people whose beliefs are different from yours. your kind plenty for naija here.

{1 John 3:24} He that keeps His commandments dwells in Him, and He in Him, we know by that, He abides in us, by the Spirit which He has given us.
It seems you are again not in the habit of understanding, we know we both listen to two different Spirits. Your organisation believes they listen to angels. Which of the angels?
You believe the Holy Spirit is some kind of an active force, and you believe Michael the archangel is Jesus? Where about in scripture who knows?
I am sure {Jude 9:6} can answer this one for you-their wasn't two archangels Michael's who asked the Lord to rebuke the Devil that day.
So I would be reading the bible that has been through the mill-the bible that many risks their lives for, and died for, this bible is the truth. Jesus said those who believe in Me will be persecuted {Matthew 10;22, 24:9, 2 Timothy 3;12}
The scriptures has been used to expose you, and whenever such exposure occur, you run from the topic, refusing to answer questions, trying to change the issue under discussion.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2016
It was the Spirit of God who inspired Paul to say-God was manifested in the flesh.
Paul couldn't say words such as these without having the Holy Spirit directing him-Every word that's said-every scriptures that's quoted is given by Jesus Himself..
But of course you wouldn't know this information grin..
kJV GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH {1 Timothy 3:16}
Not my words but God's words..
I don't speak on my own authority-but the Word Of God that is in me..
KJV bible "GOD" WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH- Justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed in the world, taken up in Glory.
Amplified bible bible "He {Jesus Christ who was revealed in human form.
CEV bible Christ came as a human.
DARBY bible God has been manifested in flesh.
ERV bible Christ was showing to us in human form.
GNV bible God is manifested in the flesh.
Jubilee bible God was manifest in the flesh.
AKJV bible God was manifest in the flesh.
Living bible Christ came to earth as a man.
Modern English version "GOD WAS REVEALED IN THE FLESH..
"He" was manifest in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached among Gentiles, believed in the world, taken up in Glory..
dolphinheart:

Jesus did not say what was recorded in 1 timothy 3:16

brocab, both sentence where not given or written by the writer of that verse the writer only wrote one statement down, not two different statement. Go study the Greek texts and see what Paul wrote down.

I believe the truth as written in the scriptures , go check the strongs dictionary for the Greek word "thoes" and see it possible translations.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
Barristter07:

dont mind those 419's , if truly brocab believe the statement God was manifest in flesh . what stops him from accepting Mary as the mother of God ? Or is it not God that was manifest in the flesh that Mary gave birth to ? grin grin

I told him a long time ago, to protect one lie, you have to give another, when one lie crumbles, down goes all others.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
brocab:
It was the Spirit of God who inspired Paul to say-God was manifested in the flesh.
LIES!, Paul never said " God was manifest in flesh", it was those who were desperately trying to alter what Paul said so as to find support for their false doctrines that made those changes to later manuscripts, they had been discovered and found to be false!.

Paul couldn't say words such as these without having the Holy Spirit directing him-Every word that's said-every scriptures that's quoted is given by Jesus Himself..
But of course you wouldn't know this information grin..
kJV GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH {1 Timothy 3:16}
Not my words but God's words..
I don't speak on my own authority-but the Word Of God that is in me..
KJV bible "GOD" WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH- Justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed in the world, taken up in Glory.
Amplified bible bible "He {Jesus Christ who was revealed in human form.
CEV bible Christ came as a human.
DARBY bible God has been manifested in flesh.
ERV bible Christ was showing to us in human form.
GNV bible God is manifested in the flesh.
Jubilee bible God was manifest in the flesh.
AKJV bible God was manifest in the flesh.
Living bible Christ came to earth as a man.
Modern English version "GOD WAS REVEALED IN THE FLESH..
"He" was manifest in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached among Gentiles, believed in the world, taken up in Glory..
It seems Paul now knows how to speak English abi?, brocab, go and study, go and check if the Greek word for God can be found in the oldest most reliable manuscripts , go and study how it was discovered that the word for "he" had been altered.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
johnw74:

a/c dolphinheart

Here are some verses showing that you are wrong about the Word being "a god" in John 1:1
it was not me that defined the greek word "theos", I know sincerity is not in you, you must have checked the Greek word "theos" and seen it can be translated as "a god" hence you could not talk about that. If those who had vast knowledge in Greek could tell you that "theos could be translated as " a god" , I don't know what authority you have to say they are wrong.
2316. theos ►

Strong's Concordance

theos: God, a god

Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Short Definition: God, a god
Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was "God"
john 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

The word cannot be with God and still be the God he was with!

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my "God".
Jesus did not ask Thomas any question, talk less of question about his divinity, Thomas exclaimed , not that he answered a question.
A lot of people do what Thomas did when they are being told something spectacular or beyond normal , after hearing what the person had to say they respond with the word "oh my god!, or "jesus" or "father Lord". There response does not mean that the person who was talking to them is their god, or father or jesus, it was just an exclamation.

some translations tells you its an exclamation while some will put the exclamation Mark to show you what Thomas statement is.

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

New Living Translation
"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.

Thomas responded to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Thomas responded to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

There are some translations who in a bid to support the false doctrine of trinity will tell you that Thomas answered a question that jesus did not ask.
The interesting fact is that jesus did ask his disciples about who he is, let's look at jesus question and the answer the disciples gave.
King James Version
Mt 16:15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

LOOK AT THE ANSWER GIVEN:
King James Version
Mt 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The disciples know (including Thomas ) that jesus is not the living God, he is the son of the living God sent by the living God.
Did jesus say that what Peter said was wrong , no! , look at what jesus said to that answer that Simon gave.
King James Version
Mt 16:17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Did jesus later alter this belief and later told them he is their God, no, in fact he made sure he sent messages to then after his resurrection to remind them who their God is, look at the verse below
King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

jesus once again sent messages to his disciples, telling them who thier God is.

did Thomas get the message? Yes
King James Version
Joh 20:18Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Did the disciples teach otherwise, different from what jesus taught them about who their God is ? The answer is no! look at what they said at different occasions below!

King James Version
1Co 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

King James Version
Eph 1:17 [Color=blue]That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,[/color] may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Col 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

The disciples has taught us what they learnt from jesus and thus they say this :

1Jo 4:15 Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.
Jehovahs witnesses acknowledge that jesus is God's son, they Do not add any derived, false analogy to that simple statement from the scriptures.

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O "God", is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 
Psa 45:7  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore "God", thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O "God", is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 
Heb 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore "God", even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
^^^
Psalm and Hebrew verses, Father calls Jesus "God"
and both Father and Jesus are called "God" as in John 1:1
when you read the scriptures , do you try to understand what you read or you are just looking for words that support your beliefs, the person talking called jesus God and in the same breath called himself the God of jesus? how far has the search of words affected your understanding of what is being said.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with "God", and the Word was "God". 

Now mendacious dolphinheart show all the verses where Jesus is said to be "a god"

mendacious: telling lies, especially habitually; dishonest; lying; untruthful:
a mendacious person

the person who is with someone cannot be the same person with the one he is with!.
moreover , God does not have a beginning!
I can see you are much confused with the use of capital letters when theo's is being translated to English.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
brocab:
The KJV only defends Jehovah seven times-not bad going-when Jehovah is un-noticeable to the readers.
Try putting more of your time getting to know the Lord-instead of trying to know a hybrid name.

so the kjv is defending a mispelled word from the 17th century till this moment! wow!.

I said you will refuse to answer the questions when you reply, you proved me right once more, the spirit you claim to be in you cannot help you out when bible based questions are asked or when answering a question will only lead to exposure of your false teachings.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
dolphinheart:

it was not me that defined the greek word "theos", I know sincerity is not in you, you must have checked the Greek word "theos" and seen it can be translated as "a god" hence you could not talk about that. If those who had vast knowledge in Greek could tell you that "theos could be translated as " a god" , I don't know what authority you have to say they are wrong.
2316. theos ►

Strong's Concordance

theos: God, a god

Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Short Definition: God, a god
Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

john 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

The word cannot be with God and still be the God he was with!

Jesus did not ask Thomas any question, talk less of question about his divinity, Thomas exclaimed , not that he answered a question.
A lot of people do what Thomas did when they are being told something spectacular or beyond normal , after hearing what the person had to say they respond with the word "oh my god!, or "jesus" or "father Lord". There response does not mean that the person who was talking to them is their god, or father or jesus, it was just an exclamation.

some translations tells you its an exclamation while some will put the exclamation Mark to show you what Thomas statement is.

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

New Living Translation
"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.

Thomas responded to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Thomas responded to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

There are some translations who in a bid to support the false doctrine of trinity will tell you that Thomas answered a question that jesus did not ask.
The interesting fact is that jesus did ask his disciples about who he is, let's look at jesus question and the answer the disciples gave.
King James Version
Mt 16:15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

LOOK AT THE ANSWER GIVEN:
King James Version
Mt 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The disciples know (including Thomas ) that jesus is not the living God, he is the son of the living God sent by the living God.
Did jesus say that what Peter said was wrong , no! , look at what jesus said to that answer that Simon gave.
King James Version
Mt 16:17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Did jesus later alter this belief and later told them he is their God, no, in fact he made sure he sent messages to then after his resurrection to remind them who their God is, look at the verse below
King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

jesus once again sent messages to his disciples, telling them who thier God is.

did Thomas get the message? Yes
King James Version
Joh 20:18Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Did the disciples teach otherwise, different from what jesus taught them about who their God is ? The answer is no! look at what they said at different occasions below!

King James Version
1Co 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

King James Version
Eph 1:17 [Color=blue]That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,[/color] may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Col 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

The disciples has taught us what they learnt from jesus and thus they say this :

1Jo 4:15 Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.
Jehovahs witnesses acknowledge that jesus is God's son, they Do not add any derived, false analogy to that simple statement from the scriptures.

when you read the scriptures , do you try to understand what you read or you are just looking for words that support your beliefs, the person talking called jesus God and in the same breath called himself the God of jesus? how far has the search of words affected your understanding of what is being said.

the person who is with someone cannot be the same person with the one he is with!.
moreover , God does not have a beginning!
I can see you are much confused with the use of capital letters when theo's is being translated to English.

mendacious dolphinheart

As I said yesterday, it's easy to belong to the jehovahs witnesses sect,
you just don't believe the Bible and change what it says.
That's what you did here and what you do all the time antichrist dolphinheart.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And of course you cannot believe or understand such truths without God in you,
such truths as God and the Word being God are foolishness to you.

1Co_2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Barristter07:

what exactly is your argument here ,

- that theos cannot be translated as " a god" , or

- Jesus is the supreme being of the universe and thus cannot be called " a god " ?

lie lie barristter

I assume you read my post, and then you ask what is my argument,
read it again oh blinded one

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:44am On Dec 23, 2016
To be honest it doesn't matter-the names not important-its just a name used-what is more important is getting to know God-like I have said bibles have been corrected since the seven hybrid names were written in the KJV, it must be some kind of a joke to only find seven names in the entire hole bible, which doesn't make a difference at all-we all know the name-as YHWH Yahweh or Lord and God.
Every time I see Jehovah written I think of Jesus. knowing Lord means Jehovah.
The name Jehovah came from a Spanish Dominican Monk Raymundus Martini around 1278 who then wrote the Latin work PUGIO FIDE.
A small dose of Jehovah was used not only in the KJV 1611-but it was also used in the Spanish Valera in 1602-The portugese ALMEIDA version of 1681-And German ELBERFELDER in 1871-And the American Standard version in 1901-But it appears that the Jerusalem Bible was the first one to use "YAHWEH" Instead of Lord and Jehovah. They didn't dare to take His name in vain {Deuteronomy 5:11} You shall not take the Lord your God the name in vain, for the Lord will hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
The early Jews didn't dare to say His name for fear of taken it in vain, they didn't even write it, but today we find God's name used in every conceivable way.
Most Christians would not think of cursing by using God's name, but yet the JW's still take His name in vain.
So now we are going back the the basis, we either follow after the Jews and call His name God or we call His name Lord "YAHWEH" Or we listen to the JW's and take His name in Vain?

Lets read and see for ourselves and read some past history below.
Yahweh the God of the Israelite's, His name being revealed to Moses, as four Hebrew CONSONANTS {YHWH} CALLED THE TELREGRAMMATION AFTER THE EXILE {6TH CENTURY BC} and especially from the 3rd century BC on, Jews cease to use the name "YAHWEH" for two reasons. As Judaism became an universal religion through its proselytizing in the Greco Roman world.
The more common noun "ELOHIM" meaning "God" tenders to replace "YAHWEH" to demonstrate the universality sovereignty of Israels "God" all over the others.
At the same time the Divine name was increasingly regarded as to sacred to be uttered, it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word "ADONAI" {MY LORD} Which was translated to "KYNOS" {LORD} in the septuagint, the Greek work of the Old Testament.
The Masoretes, who about from the 8th to the 10th century. worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew bible, replaced the vowels of the name 'YHWH" with the vowel signs of the Hebrew word "ADONAI" {Lord editor} Or "ELOHIM" {God editor} {Thus the artificial name Jehovah} "YeHoWaH"{Emphasis ours,ed} Come in to being. Although Christian Scholars after the renaissance and the reformation periods used the term Jehovah for "YHWH" In the 19th and 20th centuries biblical scholars again began to use the form "YAHWEH" Early Christian writers, such as Clement of Alexandria in the second century, had used a form like "YAHWEH" and this pronunciation of the Telragrammation was never really lost.
Other Greek transcription also indicated that "YHWH" should be pronounced "YAHWEH"
dolphinheart:

so the kjv is defending a mispelled word from the 17th century till this moment! wow!.

I said you will refuse to answer the questions when you reply, you proved me right once more, the spirit you claim to be in you cannot help you out when bible based questions are asked or when answering a question will only lead to exposure of your false teachings.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:09am On Dec 23, 2016
God and the Word was God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

God(God and the Word) created:
Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him(the Word Jesus Christ); and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God(God and the Word) is "us" and "our":
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let "us" make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness: ....
Gen 1:27  So God created man "in his own image", "in the image of God" created he him; ....
verse 26. two persons (God and the Word) "in our own image", = verse 27. one God "in His own image", "in the image of God"

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The Word-Jesus Christ is the image of God, it's all so plain and clear,
but as also shown in that verse, non believers such as false jw have been blinded.

poor antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect, they cannot see and believe any of this God given clear and plain Truth,
they don't believe the Bible and change and twist what is says

Jesus says:
Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There are none more unbelieving and untruthful than the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:24am On Dec 23, 2016
Has anyone seen God or not?

Exodus 24:9-11, Exodus 33:11, Exodus 6:2-3; and John 1:18

1. Has seen
(Gen. 17:1), “Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless;
(Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.”
(Exodus 6:2-3), "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.”
(Exodus 24:9-11), “Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”
(Num. 12:6-8, “He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"
(Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said, 'Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran . . . '"

more coming
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:25am On Dec 23, 2016
2. Has not seen
(Exodus 33:20), “But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
(John 1:18), “No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.”
(John 5:37), “"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”
(John 6:46), "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.”
(1 Tim. 6:15-16), “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.”

It is evident above that God was seen. But, considering the "can't-see-God" verses, some would understandably argue that there would be a contradiction. One explanation offered is that the people were seeing visions, or dreams, or the Angel of the LORD (Num. 22:22-26; Judges 13:1-21) and not really God Himself. But the problem is that the verses cited above do not say vision, dream, or Angel of the LORD. They say that people saw God (Exodus 24:9-11), that God was seen, and that He appeared as God Almighty (Exodus 6:2-3).

more coming
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:26am On Dec 23, 2016
At first, this is difficult to understand. God Almighty was seen (Exodus 6:2-3) which means it was not the Angel of the Lord, for an angel is not God Almighty; and at least Moses saw God and not in a vision or dream, as the LORD Himself attests in Num. 12:6-8. If these verses mean what they say, then we naturally assume we have a contradiction. Actually, the contradiction exists in our understanding, not in the Bible, which is always the case with alleged biblical contradictions.

The solution is simple. All you need to do is accept what the Bible says. If the people of the OT were seeing God, the Almighty God, and Jesus said that no one has ever seen the Father (John 6:46), then they were seeing God Almighty but not the Father. It was someone else in the Godhead. I suggest that they were seeing the Word before He became incarnate. In other words, they were seeing Jesus.

If God is a Trinity, then John 1:18 is not a problem either because in John chapter one, John writes about the Word (Jesus) and God (the Father). In verse 14 it says the Word became flesh. In verse 18 it says no one has seen God. Since Jesus is the Word, God then, refers to the Father. This is typically how John writes of God: as a reference to the Father. We see this verified in Jesus' own words in John 6:46 where He said that no one has ever seen the Father. Therefore, Almighty God was seen but not the Father. It was Jesus before His incarnation. There is more than one person in the Godhead, and the doctrine of the Trinity must be true.

carm dot org/bible-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/has-anyone-seen-god-or-not

replace, dot org with .org (no spaces)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Answering God's Call / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 254
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.