Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (374800 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:24am On Dec 28, 2016
You should write your own bible-opp's sorry you have written one. Dolphinhearts diary, the book without scriptures.
Fortunately the scriptures did give us that probability, and identifies who Jesus is.
One apostle Thomas confirmed Jesus is My Lord and My God..
Those who truly believe in Jesus knows Him to be God.
The angel told Mary she will have a son, and she shall call him Im-man-u-el meaning With us is God..
And the bible confirms Jesus is the Mighty God, The everlasting Father and the Almighty.
It is also said we live by faith..
The scriptures tells us In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..
Paul did say those words-The KJV said God was manifest in the flesh..
But because it doesn't say it in your bible-don't worry nothing in your bible makes any sense-listen to yourself you refuse to believe Jesus was born-and His name is Im-man-u-el..
dolphinheart:

fortunately, the scriptures never gave us that probability, it identifies who Jesus is:
The angels told Mary that Jesus the son of the most high and his father would give him a kingdom
Those who believed in jesus call him son of God
The disciple confirmed jesus as the son of the living God
God from heaven confirmed that jesus is his son three times.
The apostles confirmed that jesus is the son of their God
The scriptures confirmed that jesus was told by God to sit at his right hand
the scriptures tell us that the God of jesus is our God, the one God, Almighty God.

there is no probability, it has been proven Paul never said those words either personally or through inspiration. Those words were false additional to the bible by those who were fustrated that their is no direct support to their false doctrine in the scriptures. The word "theos" cannot be found in the best and oldest manuscripts.

brocab, read isaiah's prophecy, what you quoted was just a small part of the prophecy , read it and tell us if that prophecy Isaiah gave to the king was not fulfilled then, then tell us is that first Immanuel is God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:46am On Dec 28, 2016
And I read the prophesy in {Isaiah 7} And it was a sign like every other prophesy that's given until it is fulfilled.
And it was fulfilled when Jesus came.
dolphinheart:

fortunately, the scriptures never gave us that probability, it identifies who Jesus is:
The angels told Mary that Jesus the son of the most high and his father would give him a kingdom
Those who believed in jesus call him son of God
The disciple confirmed jesus as the son of the living God
God from heaven confirmed that jesus is his son three times.
The apostles confirmed that jesus is the son of their God
The scriptures confirmed that jesus was told by God to sit at his right hand
the scriptures tell us that the God of jesus is our God, the one God, Almighty God.

there is no probability, it has been proven Paul never said those words either personally or through inspiration. Those words were false additional to the bible by those who were fustrated that their is no direct support to their false doctrine in the scriptures. The word "theos" cannot be found in the best and oldest manuscripts.

brocab, read isaiah's prophecy, what you quoted was just a small part of the prophecy , read it and tell us if that prophecy Isaiah gave to the king was not fulfilled then, then tell us is that first Immanuel is God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2016
brocab:
Do you expect me to answer this again, what don't you understand what is written in the NWT Bible {Genesis 13:4} To a place where he previously built an Alter. Therefore Abram called on the name of Jehovah.
Abram built an Alter. Abram used this place, like we do with Churches to call out to God.
brocab, I hope you still have a conscience.

you had been totally against the word "Jehovah" for a while now look at what you said below

brocab: 11:01pm On Dec 18
Using "Yahweh as Jehovah" any church that uses Jehovah is misinformed and using this name for God is unbiblical

brocab: 11:19pm On Dec 19
The name of Jehovah is not the real name of God, let me explain, in the Hebrew language God is expressed by four letters "YHWH" These four consonants are also known in academic circles as the Tetragrammation .

brocab: 3:42pm On Dec 20
Prove I didn't quote {Psalms 83:18} KJV I accept to the point without the hybrid name Jehovah, but the NWT no-one accepts.

brocab: 12:43pm On Dec 21
I had found In the World English bible-praise "Yahweh's" And in the King James Version praise "YE" the Lord. And of course I found No Jehovah in either.{Psalms 68:4} "JAH" is used, but still no Jehovah..

brocab: 1:31am On Dec 21
As I said the bible is accurate. I call Jehovah a misprint, before or after it was printed by the JW's on their own pressers.

BY  1:38pm On Dec 21, I SHOWED YOU HOW THE KJV DEFENDED THE USE OF THE WORD JEHOVAH, YOU COULD NOT TELL IF THE KJV DEFENCE IS TRUE OR A LIE BECAUSE EITHER ANSWER WILL NOT HELP YOU. SINCE THEN YOUR STANCE HAD BEEN CHANGING GRADUALLY, LOOK AT WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE WORD JEHOVAH FROM THAT TIME ON.

YOU TRY TO MINIMISE THE DAMAGE TO NUMBERS.
brocab: 2:49pm On Dec 21
The KJV only defends Jehovah seven times-not bad going-when Jehovah is un-noticeable to the readers.

YOU TRY TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF IT'S NOT IMPORTANT ANYMORE
brocab: 12:44am On Dec 23
To be honest it doesn't matter-the names not important-its just a name used -what is more important is getting to know God-like I have said bibles have been corrected since the seven hybrid names were written in the KJV, it must be some kind of a joke to only find seven names in the entire hole bible, which doesn't make a difference at all-we all know the name-as YHWH Yahweh or Lord and God.

NOW IN SUPPORT OF THE WORD " JEHOVAH
brocab: 3:39am On Dec 23
Jehovah to me is just a name used for God-its like El, Elohim, and every other name people would like to call Him-God will always be Lord, this is the proper way to address our creator

brocab 12:22am On Dec 26
What do I know about God's name, the Last time I looked in my bible-God has many fruitful names, Jehovah is Just one.

Brocab, can you see your folly, you are smoke blown in any direction by the wind, no solid foundation.

you have now turned to attacking the faithful servant of God, saying he did something you could not provide proof that he did!
Gen 13: 4 did not say Abraham built images, talk less of naming those images or the place Jehovah. stop lying brocab.
Ge 13:4to the place where he had previously built an altar. There Aʹbram called on the name of Jehovah.

These a images-You need to realise God doesn't meet us in buildings, nor places, nor Altars. Abram needed a place only because God could find only the very few that will call on the name of the Lord, back in those days.
Haha, see explanation, because they where few, that why the alter was built? habA!

These day's we don't need images, because {1 Peter 2:5} We are living stones built up in a Spiritual house.
{Genesis 22:14} Abram built an Alter to meet with the Lord, and He called it Jehovahjirah as it's said to this day,in the name of the Lord, it shall be seen.
it seems you are very confused, your words can only be true if that alter or churches are the only place to talk to God or if God only listens to you in such places.
There is also a very big difference between alter, churches and images, go and check on the three and clear your confusion.

Ge 22:14And Abraham named that place Je·hoʹvah-jiʹreh. This is why it is still said today: “In the mountain of Jehovah it will be provided.”
can you see that Abraham did not name the place Jehovah?

The question you should now consider is was Abraham right to use the word jehovah as part of a name he gave a mountain?

{ Matthew 1:20-23} Matches up with {Luke 1:31} in the 1611" "And where do you go from here?
Dubious dubious dubious, still refusing to answer the question asked.

" like I said, I was beginning to suspect you know little about the name jehovah, you just comfirmed it. I will not teach you further , but I will leave a clue, go and read the 1611 edition of the KJV, post what luke 1: 31 says here, tell us how that translation spelt the name of the son of God in that verse and why you , a defender of that 1611 translation do not spell the name in that manner!

your refusal to quote that verse from the 1611 version and explain why you don't spell the name in like manner will show how deep into falsehood you really are!"

YOU HAVE REFUSED TO DO SO, YOU AGAIN SHOW DEEP IN FALSEHOOD YOU ARE ANYTIME YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER CUS YOU KNOW IT EXPOSES YOU.

Do I have to repeat this verses again NKJV {Psalms 83:18} That they may know that your name is the Lord, are the most high over all the earth.
KJV That they may know that your name is Jehovah.
So which is it "Lord or Jehovah" or both? If you say both-then it proves Jesus is the most high over all the earth.
it is you that will tell me which translation is correct , cus now we know that both can't be correct.
We Know the Hebrew word for Lord we know it does not exist in that verse!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2016
brocab:
Don't try and twist the subject Dolphinheart-the prophets were talking about the virgin who conceived a son.
No-one is interested in your question, just answer the truth.. Jesus rightful name is Immanuel meaning "With us is God..

he asked me a question and I answered, I also reminded him of the issue at hand, I've told you to read isaiah's prophecy to the king, not just a verse in it, and tell me if the prophecy was not fulfilled in isaiah's day. Isaiah gave a sign in that prophecy , are you saying the prophecy was fulfilled without the sign?

I also asked you a question, I hope you will answer :
one of heman's son is called eliathah. can you tell us what that names means and can you tell us if it means that the person bearing that name is god?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Recoverd:
Hmmmmmmm....always wondered why you guys erased the word "HELL FIRE " everyplace its written in the Bible. How come you do not believe in the same miracle's Christ did when the bible said greater things we will do than Christ?

please, I think you will need to point out where the words " hell fire is in the bible and the bible that contains that word.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2016
Recoverd:
Talking about blood, have spent years in hospital, I know over 36 Jehovah's witnesses who at the point of death started begging for blood. I also know many who did blood transfusion in secret. You guys do take blood... Only most times in secret. Who wan die?
you said it yourself, they took it in secret , they are afraid to die.
They do not remember the scriptures when faced with death .

Joh 12:25Whoever is fond of his life destroys it, but whoever hates his life in this world will safeguard it for everlasting life.

Re 12:11And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death.

They loved thier life, so they did it in secret.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
brocab:
Well with the likes of you-I must be down at the 0 mark, but don't worry your score isn't much better, matter of fact it's much lower then the ratings you have given me, your ratings are at "-0" A grade I think you should start well and truly from the bottom, you haven't a clue about the scriptures.
And your choice of choosing isn't the best one-you need to read the scriptures yourself-Going through Dolphinheart isn't making the right choice.
You need a professional to show you the scriptures-you can catch Him on jc@cometochristwithallyourheartsoulandmind.com.
After you have search through that-then ask the Holy Spirit to teach you all things, and your score card should grow to a higher level....
What else will your sort turn to. It all began with (-0) Please is there anything like negative zero in simple arithmetic, Simple number line you can't comprehend. Junior secondary school 2. Perhaps you need to read new general mathematics jss 2. It will come handy. Perhaps you have my score in computer language continue!!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
[quote author=ejimatic post=52317892]

Jehovah's witnesses imitate Jesus in many ways-Some are as follows:
1 We preach the good news of god's kingdom from door to door village to village city to city in imitation of Jesus-(Mathew 10 : 10 -13)
2. In imitation of Jesus, we preach about God's kingdom (Mathews 10 vrs 7)
3 All Jehovah's witnesses are brothers ..no special titles are used for them like Jesus who did not use titles for himself (Mathew 23 vs 8 -10)
4. We also witness about god given role of Jesus in salvation of man (john 14:6)
5. Our activities are based on the Bible not tradition in imitation of Jesus( Mathew 15:3,6)
5 we show love to one another in imitation of Jesus-Our love has no boundary .we don't kill one another because of religious ethnic or political wars. we assist one another in time of natural disasters and care for one another regardless of our racial differences (john 13: 34-35)
6. We observe the memorial of the death of our lord Jesus as he commanded ( Luke 22:19)
7. Like Jesus we direct attention of people to God's kingdom as the only solution to mankind problems with Jesus Christ as the king (Act 1 :cool,
and many other numerous ways which space cannot accommodate here.
there are many religious organizations that does this how is yours different?

On the name of God, whose name did Jesus make known in John 17:6? pls find out you will know it is Jehovah. The Jews used the rendition of the name in Hebrew language.Archeological findings even support the existence of the name among the Orientals and the patriarchs .In addition,at Mathews chapter 6:9-10) whose name did Jesus say should be made holy? God's name of course---Jehovah-
you assume God's name is Jehovah. Jehovah was never an Hebrew name for God. Which name did archeological finding said it was?
Did Jesus say that his Father's name is Jehovah?
Why do you lie that Jesus declared a name he never even mention?

The third issue you raised is in Act 1 :8. where Jesus said you will be my witness es in Judea etc. This verse does not contradict Isaiah 43 10-12 where god says-you will be my witnesses- To start with, who sent Jesus to the earth? who made him our savior and Ransomer? who made him our lord? Who resurrected him? whom did he go to in heaven aft this resurrection? Answers are Jehovah (Phil 2:5-9) . It is the will of God that people of all sorts be saved through him (1Timothy:2 vrs 4-5) So by the time the truths about Jesus are publicised through organised preaching we are doing, we are witnessing about Jehovah who made salvation possible through Jesus Christ.
you are witnessing for Jehovah which is direct rebellion against Jesus words. Did Jehovah tell you to witness for him? You said you imitate Jesus who was never disobedient to his father yet you openly disobey him by choosing to witness for him. Do you think Jehovah will be happy with you?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
More facts people should know about the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

false jw don't believe that Jesus was raised from the dead, they believe He was vapourised or
some such rubbish

the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect are not saved, are not Christians.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
ejimatic:

The purpose of what I say here is not to win argument but to express our belief which may be different from yours- Everybody is entitled to his opinion-However I want to reiterate that Jehovah's witnesses do not have a hide and seek operational system.All we do is in the full glare of the public including our worship and evangelism which are done in more than 240 countries-In addition, Jesus ,our lord, used God'name (John 17:6) and witnessed about God( Rev 1 :2, 5).Besides, it is true disciples were called Christians in the first century CE, but right from the Bible times God's people were called his witnesses-Jesus was even referred to as God, witness (Rev 1 vrs 2 and 5).Thus, it is appropriate for us to bear the scriptural name christian Jehovah's witnesses (Isaiah 43:10-12) in imitation of Jesus-

Yahweh is God:
Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
^^^
No man has seen Father God, this is the Word of God.
Joh_6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

God is God and the Word:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yahweh-the Word is speaking here:
Isa 43:10  Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 
Isa 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour
Isa 43:12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am

Concerning Jesus here:
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isa verse 11. there is no saviour besides Yahweh-the Word of God
ACT verse 12. there is no salvation in and other than Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
jworg:

My friend the truth is that the bible teaches that Jesus is a God even in the book of isaiah 9:6 calls him mighty God and Jehovah's witnesses do not dispute that at any time. But the area of interest is, Is Jesus equal in status to the almighty God? That is were we Jehovah's witnesses say No.. First of all in the book of Isaiah 9:6 i quoted earlier called Jesus a mighty God if Jesus is refered to as Mighty God then who is Almighty (remember comparative and superlative in english language). Secondly Jesus on so many occasion refered to himself as having a father matt 6:9, 10 (he said our father in the heaven which includes himself otherwise he would have said Your father in heaven) on the night he was killed he prayed to a higher God begging that he be spared the agony that was coming to prove the fact that he was talking to a superior he said, "Let not my will but yours take place" . Also in John 14:28 Jesus said that he is going to meet a father and that Father is greater than he is. So please don't get it twisted Jehovah's witnesses do demote Jesus or promote Jesus we preach Jesus exactly for what he is, that is he is our Redeemer, the king of kings enthroned in heaven as king of God's kingdom, the only begotten son of God (John 3:16) and so much more. But one thing we do not accept is that Jesus is same and equal to the almighty God. For more info visit jw. Org got to bible teachings for more answers

mighty God and almighty God is the same one true God
not two god's, Jesus a mighty god, and Yahweh a almighty God as the jehovah's witnesses sect teach

Yahweh is called Almighty:
Gen_17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD(Yahweh) appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Incidentaly, God Almighty in the above verse is the Word of God-the Lord Jesus Christ,
Father God has never been seen by man.
Joh_6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Yahweh is called mighty:
Psa_50:1  A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty God, even the LORD(Yahweh), hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

Jer_32:18  Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,

and not just Yahweh is His name, "the LORD of hosts" is also His name as above verse,
I AM was His name before He was known as Yahweh.

@green, that's because you don't believe Jesus and the Bible:
Php_2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2016
I was being kind to you..
Now I know why you can't seem to understand the scriptures to well, but hey don't beat yourself up over it, you made it to junior secondary school 2, Listen you done well considering-that's the highest grade I have ever heard the JW's do, when learning about their own organisation.
Again you have done well-pat yourself on the back-I always say it's never to late, if you really put your mind into it, maybe, possibly you still may have enough time to study the scriptures, about Jesus?
achorladey:

What else will your sort turn to. It all began with (-0) Please is there anything like negative zero in simple arithmetic, Simple number line you can't comprehend. Junior secondary school 2. Perhaps you need to read new general mathematics jss 2. It will come handy. Perhaps you have my score in computer language continue!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dolphinheart stop playing the ostrich go and respond to my posts

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=52318700]author=dolphinheart

@ coloured brown you still repeated same thing claiming the scripture is misleading

heb 1;5b never applied to solomon. There was never a time Solomon called God his Father and God called him him his son.
U are funny which work did Solomon 'foreshadowed'.

see what denial has done to you? How can you say the foundation were the work of your hands when it is the bricklayer's work. Try saying something like this to someone and here his reply.

Solomon didn't say the work of his hands was constructing his house. See how confused you are!
Solomon worked hard to accomplish what he did . Did he say he built his house himself? Even if 'the work of his hands'did not mean he did by himself But Jehovah said he created the heavens and the earth himself.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

1:8 But unto the Son he saith[b], Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: [/b]a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Did you read these verses? Has God called any angel his only begotten son? God said all angels should worship the Son, did you see that?
God called the Son God Respond to this.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the[b] heavens alone[/b]; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Jehovah went further to tell you he created all things by himself. Yet you are looking for explanation. It is either you believe Jehovah or you don't?
Your organization is of the devil they lie and twist Jehovah's word he never said he used anybody to create things he said he did it himself he said there was no god with him yet your organization said there was a god with Jehovah who is now the liar?
@ bold nothing biblical cause you are been exposed.
Dolphinheart you has been exposed.

Job 9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
johnw74:

@ green
duh, Alpha and Omega means "beginning and ending", "first and last" smiley
your own view

also you have a problem with Father giving Jesus revelation, and so think that it's Jesus speaking about Father,
duh, have shown that's not the case, but will show again for the pleasure of others seeing just who false jw is smiley
I did not say "father giving Jesus revelation" , if i said such please show me and others , and if i did not say so, then its you that have just shown others how false you are.
You are always thinking I said something, not reading what I actually said. I said "God gave Jesus the revelation" and i quoted the verse where such knowledge can be found!

Re 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

such a confused antichrist, but you cannot be any other way

your chosen verses don't make any diffrence lie lie

It's still Jesus talking:
New International Version
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty"
good you could quote from a translation that tried to remove false words from that verse.
It was God ,the Almighty that was talking , not Jesus, also John did not add the Almighty it was God that said the Almighty,look at the sentence there is no break in the qoutation marks to signify someone else said "the Almighty".
verses 4 to 6 has shown us that Jesus cannot be the one who is who was and who is to come, in the same sense that Jesus cannot be the seven spirit.

Jesus said: I am Alpha and Omega, John added the Almighty
wrong
Jesus said: I am he that liveth, and was dead, this was not Father speaking,
and neither did I say so, we all know God cannot die , but Jesus said he was dead!

nor is it Jesus speaking about the Father, but about Himself
their are certain times he spoke about his God, calling him "my God" , we know who that God is, In John 20: 17, he identified his God as his father!
revelation is Jesus speaking through His Angel, but twist away antichrist
you omit the part where the revelation was given to Jesus by God.
In the book of revelation we have other personalities apart from Jesus talking.

Jesus said: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches"
it's Jesus talking not Father, and not Jesus talking for Father, or about Father
and Jesus sent His Angel, Father didn't send Jesus Angel to John
The revelation that Jesus used his angel to send to John was given to him by God!

Revelation is the testimony of Jesus Christ, not Father God:
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Chris, and of all things that he saw.
Jesus Angel gave John the testimony of Jesus, not the testimony of Father

but lie away oh blinded one
you yourself had said it, their are two sources:
who testifies to everything he saw--that is, (1)the word of God and the (2)testimony of Jesus Christ.

Jesus testified:

John heard a voice behing him saying:
Rev 1:11 I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 1:11 ►

which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

New Living Translation
It said, "Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

English Standard Version
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

Berean Study Bible
saying, "Write in a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

Berean Literal Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

New American Standard Bible 
saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
saying, "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

International Standard Version
saying, "Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

NET Bible
saying: "Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

New Heart English Bible
saying, "What you see, write on a scroll and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Which said, “Those things which you have seen, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesaus, to Zmurna, to Pergamaus, to Thawatyra, to Sardis, to Philadelphia and to Laidiqia.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
saying, "Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

New American Standard 1977 
saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

American Standard Version
saying, What thou seest, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamum, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Saying: What thou seest, write in a book, and send to the seven churches which are in Asia, to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamus, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea. 

Darby Bible Translation
saying, What thou seest write in a book, and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and t

Weymouth New Testament
It said, "Write forthwith in a roll an account of what you see, and send it to the seven Churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyateira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

World English Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

The words "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:" has been discovered to be later additions to the scriptures by proponents of the false doctrine of trinity

John turned to see who was speaking and saw one like the Som of man:
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man
Yes, the same Son of man that Daniel saw approaching the ancient of days who gave him power and authority and kingship.

Jesus said:
Fear not; I am the first and the last: 
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. 
Rev 1:19  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 
Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Jesus is first to be resurrected to evaluating life, the firstborn from the dead. jesus is last to be resurrected directly by God, all other resurrection to life will be done by Jesus. This statements are true.

Jesus speaking:
Rev 22:7  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Jesus said He is "Alpha and Omega"
and I have no objection if you say Father is Alpha and Omega, because He is,
God is the Alpha and Omega, Father and Son is Alpha and Omega, but revelation is the testimony of Jesus Christ
it is Jesus speaking, and when He say's I am Alpha and Omega He is speaking of Himself
and when Jesus say's "I am he that liveth, and was dead" Jesus is speaking of Himself, not about Father, and it is not Father speaking.
different personalities spoke in revelation chapter 22

The title Alpha and Omega occurs at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.

The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation.
Verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John.
Verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus.
The first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,”
The one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. 
“The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God.
The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”(at least you must have read about the new covenant jesus gave and how he acted as a messenger for God)

You way heap big lie lie antichrist dolphinheart.

Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Chris, and of all things that he saw.

The Angel's record was of the Word of God, it wasn't the record of Father
It was the testimony of Jesus Christ

duh so clear but not for blinded a/c

you know English, but you refuse to use it when it does not support your doctrine, God spoke, jesus testified.
its the use of "word of God" is to signify the same person as jesus, the words "and the" which separates them would not have been used.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
johnw74:

Emmanuel, means God with us, so Jesus is God with us
Emmanuel doesn't mean "a god" with us, so Jesus isn't "a god" with us
Jesus cannot be called "a god" as you antichrist dolphinheart call Him

G1694
Ἐμμανουήλ
Emmanouēl
em-man-oo-ale'
Of Hebrew origin [H6005]; God with us; Emmanuel, a name of Christ: - Emmanuel.
Total KJV occurrences: 1

Even correct grammar alone shows that God's Son cannot be "a god"

however "a god's" son can be "a god"
Immanuel means God with us, it does not mean that the person who bears that name is God.
my friends name is oluwapelumi, when his parents gave him that name, they did not mean that my friend is the God that is with them.

Father is God, Jesus is the Son of God
You are correct.Jesus is not the God he is son of

haman is not Father God and eliathan is Not Father God's Son

there is no comparison except to a fool.

Pro_13:16  Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
Pro_18:2  A fool hath no delight in understanding....
Pro_24:7  Wisdom is too high for a fool....
Pro_26:11  As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Ecc_2:14  ....but the fool walketh in darkness:....
Ecc_5:3  ....and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

eliathan
H448
אֱלִיָּתָה    אֱלִיאָתָה
'ĕlı̂y'âthâh    'ĕlı̂yâthâh
el-ee-aw-thaw'    el-ee-yaw-thaw'
From H410 and H225; God of (his) consent; Eliathah, an Israelite: - Eliathah.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

eliathan = God of (his) consent = a false god
however he could be God to you a/c dolphinheart

elaithan comes from el which can be used for God or can be used for any diety-false gods,
lie lie dolphinheart eliathan is not God, but a false god.

el
H410
אֵל
'êl
ale
Shortened from H352; strength; as adjective mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.”
Total KJV occurrences: 242

duh you a/c are so dum, or should I say evil,
both is true.

You just displayed your folly, so eliathan is a false God.?
you fail to realise the reasoning behind the question, eliathan is a name given among the isrealites, it does not mean that the bearer is a God, a god , a true or false God. same as elihu, it does not mean the name is God.

Their was a child named Immanuel during the time of immunuEl, go and read that prophecy and its fulfillment during that time, it does not mean that the child is God.
You are very much confused about God and god, you forget they come from the same Hebrew and Greek word with no difference in capitalization.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
solite3:
author=dolphinheart

@ coloured brown you still repeated same thing claiming the scripture is misleading

heb 1;5b never applied to solomon. There was never a time Solomon called God his Father and God called him him his son.
U are funny which work did Solomon 'foreshadowed'.

see what denial has done to you? How can you say the foundation were the work of your hands when it is the bricklayer's work. Try saying something like this to someone and here his reply.

Solomon didn't say the work of his hands was constructing his house. See how confused you are!
Solomon worked hard to accomplish what he did . Did he say he built his house himself? Even if 'the work of his hands'did not mean he did by himself But Jehovah said he created the heavens and the earth himself.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

1:8 But unto the Son he saith[b], Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: [/b]a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Did you read these verses? Has God called any angel his only begotten son? God said all angels should worship the Son, did you see that?
God called the Son God Respond to this.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the[b] heavens alone[/b]; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Jehovah went further to tell you he created all things by himself. Yet you are looking for explanation. It is either you believe Jehovah or you don't?
Your organization is of the devil they lie and twist Jehovah's word he never said he used anybody to create things he said he did it himself he said there was no god with him yet your organization said there was a god with Jehovah who is now the liar?
@ bold nothing biblical cause you are been exposed.
Dolphinheart you have been exposed.

Job 9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

(1). your first accusation : @ bold so that chapter has false views? What are the false views? Is the bible no longer inspired or it is just views
you modified and brought another one : @ coloured brown you still repeated same thing claiming the scripture is misleading

solite3 , I did not say the chapter has false views neither did I say it is misleading. once again look at what I said : solite3, if you read those scriptures without trying to understand the context and what the the bible says in its entirety, you will come to the false understandING you are trying to potray

I do not think that that sentence should be too hard for you to understand.

(2). It should be noted once again that you tried to omit yourself from answering the question asked, this question is vital to understandING Hebrews chapter 1:
[b] First of all, who is talking in that verse? and who does that person say he is in relation to Jesus? The answers to those questions which I will expect that you will not provide when you reply(let's see if you will prove me wrong ) will help you to understand what that verse is saying.
you proved me right once more by refusing to answer that question.

(3). You one again refuse to respond to this statement and verses:
you have read the relationship the person talking in that verse and Jesus when it comes to creation, earliar that same chapter had cleared Any false views of what it will say later , look at heb 1: 1-2.
Heb 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways
Heb 1:2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.

(4.) You made this statement: [b]heb 1;5b never applied to solomon. There was never a time Solomon called God his Father and God called him him his son.

In the need to find fault with my words, you failed to read my words, understanding what I said and then responding. I did not say heb 1:5b applied to solomon, look at what I said below:
It should be observed in Hebrews 1:5b that a quotation is made from 2 Samuel 7:14 and applied to the Son of God. Although that text had its first application to Solomon, the later application of it to Jesus Christ does not mean that Solomon and Jesus are the same.

If you had looked at 2 Samuel 7:14, you would have understood what I was saying and how both sentences can be applied to both Jesus and solomon, and yet they are not the same person.

There was never a time solomon called God his father and god called him his son? then why did jehovah make that statement concerning solomon in 2 Samuel 7:14.
[b]2Sa 7:14I will become his father, and he will become my son. When he does wrong, I will reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of men.

we all know that Jesus is perfect and could do no wrong, therefore jehovah could not be referring to Jesus. so solite3, let me ask you a question which I know you will not answer : who is jehovah referring to that he says he will reproof when he does wrong?
If you don't answer that question, it shows how deep in falsehood you are!

Before you answer , I'll will show you another scripture which exposes you Further
1Ch 28:6“He said to me, ‘Your son Solʹo·mon is the one who will build my house and my courtyards, for I have chosen him as my son and I will become his father.

(5) you said : "U are funny which work did Solomon 'foreshadowed'"
ill prefer that you study the scriptures to understand better.
read the verses below, expecially the underlined

2Sa 7:11from the day that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will give you rest from all your enemies. “‘“Also, Jehovah has told you that Jehovah will make a house for you.
2Sa 7:12When your days come to an end and you are laid to rest with your forefathers, then I will raise up your offspring after you, your own son, and I will firmly establish his kingdom.
2Sa 7:13He is the one who will build a house for my name, and I will firmly establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
Sa 7:19As if this were not enough, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah, you also speak about the house of your servant down to a distant future time; and this is instruction for all mankind, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah.

After reading those verses, you then read the ones below, maybe, just maybe you will understand how solomon foreshadowed jesus

[b]Lu 1:32, 33This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father,33and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”
Isa 9:7To the increase of his rulership And to peace, there will be no end, On the throne of David and on his kingdom In order to establish it firmly and to sustain it Through justice and righteousness, From now on and forever. The zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.
Ac 2:30Because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one of his offspring on his throne,
Zec 6:12, 13And say to him, “‘This is what Jehovah of armies says: “Here is the man whose name is Sprout. He will sprout from his own place, and he will build the temple of Jehovah.13He is the one who will build the temple of Jehovah, and he is the one who will assume the majesty. He will sit down on his throne and rule, and he will also be a priest on his throne, and there will be a peaceable agreement between the two.[/b]

(6) you failed to show where I made you claimed you remembered I made. 

(7) you refuse to respond to this : "It is good that you accepted that Jesus is the one being referred to in proverbs 8: 30, your brother brocab refuses to accept, hope you will teach him that truth.
I also hope you accept the other things said about Jesus in that chapter. 
The verse said, I was beside him as a master worker, hope you understand that statement?"

(cool as shown to you earlier solomon in verse 4 said he undertook great works some of those works include
building houses for himself
planting vineyards for himself
making pools of water for himself
acquiring and accumulating both living and material things.

In verse 11 he said : Ec 2:11 But when I reflected on all the works that my own hands had done and on all the hard work that I had toiled to accomplish, I saw that everything was futile, a chasing after the wind; there was nothing of real value under the sun.

We know that solomon did not physically build those houses by himself, but when he refered to those houses he said it is the work of his own hands and the accomplishment of his hard word.

(9) no , God did not call any of those angels except jesus his only begotten son. You question proves that the God talking in Hebrews chapter 1 is person from jesus , that God also claims to be the God of jesus , eliminating any thought of them being the same God.

(11)Hebrew 1: 2 says God did the creation through his son.

12. once again, you refuse to answer the question :
You are very confused , so Jesus was God that was talking in those verses of Hebrew chapter 1?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
brocab:
God had never told me Jehovah is His name-never, even when I read the Word Of God-He had never told me Jehovah was His name.
I never felt to ask God what is His name-I have always Called Him Father God, and of course Jesus will always be Jesus in my heart.
I am sure if Jehovah was truly His name-He would have said so, but He didn't-knowing He knew I already call Him by His rightful name. God or Jesus is the names written in every bible that's written.
These two names are His name.
Every man and his dog knows about the JW's and the false religion you carry-and of course once again no-one is interested in your bitching and winching.

and I can bet he will never tell you, cus he had told you through his word in the scriptures, yet you disagree.
no wonder you could not pick up your 1611 bibLe and answer the questions below, even after it has been asked numerous times. when facts expose you, you resort to an unverifiable source.

" like I said, I was beginning to suspect you know little about the name jehovah, you just confirmed it. I will not teach you further , but I will leave a clue, go and read the 1611 edition of the KJV, post what luke 1: 31 says here, tell us how that translation spelt the name of the son of God in that verse and why you , a defender of that 1611 translation do not spell the name in that manner!

your refusal to quote that verse from the 1611 version and explain why you don't spell the name in like manner will show how deep into falsehood you really are!"

YOU HAVE REFUSED TO DO SO, YOU AGAIN SHOW DEEP IN FALSEHOOD YOU ARE ANYTIME YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER CUS YOU KNOW IT EXPOSES YOU.

The questions one needs to ask you is 
. where did the scripture say Abraham built an image.?
even if God's name is not jehovah, would that make it right for Abraham to build and image for worship?
did Abraham build an image for worship?

again you still refuse to answer that question, then I'll assume you are trying to lie against a faithful servant of God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
dolphinheart:

Immanuel means God with us, it does not mean that the person who bears that name is God.
my friends name is oluwapelumi, when his parents gave him that name, they did not mean that my friend is the God that is with them.

You are correct.Jesus is not the God he is son of

you fail to realise the reasoning behind the question, eliathan is a name given among the isrealites, it does not mean that the bearer is a God, a god , a true or false God. same as elihu, it does not mean the name is God.

Their was a child named Immanuel during the time of immunuEl, go and read that prophecy and its fulfillment during that time, it does not mean that the child is God.
You are very much confused about God and god, you forget they come from the same Hebrew and Greek word with no difference in capitalization.

. Dolphinheart, lie lie dolphinheart there was no child born that was called Emmanuel in the old testament.
The name Emmanuel describes Jesus nature as God not that he was to really bear that Emmanuel when he was on earth.
The name was just his character.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
dolphinheart:

1. your first accusation : @ bold so that chapter has false views? What are the false views? Is the bible no longer inspired or it is just views
you modified and brought another one : @ coloured brown you still repeated same thing claiming the scripture is misleading

solite3 , I did not say the chapter has false views neither did I say it is misleading. once again look at what I said : [b]

solite3, if you read those scriptures without trying to understand the context and what the the bible says in its entirety, you will come to the false understandING you are trying to potray
keep deluding yourself. Did I tell you I didn't understand the that chapter? Ur rant would not deter me from exposing you.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
[author=dolphinheart post=52359862]

(1). your first accusation : @ bold so that chapter has false views? What are the false views? Is the bible no longer inspired or it is just views

solite3 , I did not say the chapter has false views neither did I say it is misleading. once again look at what I said : solite3, if you read those scriptures without trying to understand the context and what the the bible says in its entirety, you will come to the false understandING you are trying to potray

I do not think that that sentence should be too hard for you to understand.

(2). It should be noted once again that you tried to omit yourself from answering the question asked, this question is vital to understandING Hebrews chapter 1:
[b] First of all, who is talking in that verse? and who does that person say he is in relation to Jesus? The answers to those questions which I will expect that you will not provide when you reply(let's see if you will prove me wrong ) will help you to understand what that verse is saying.
you proved me right once more by refusing to answer that question.
it is clear you have a problem. How does this above relate to what I requested.
(3). You one again refuse to respond to this statement and verses:
you have read the relationship the person talking in that verse and Jesus when it comes to creation, earliar that same chapter had cleared Any false views of what it will say later , look at heb 1: 1-2.
Heb 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways
Heb 1:2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.
I didn't reply cos it will derail the thread. How can you be bringing so much unrelated topic at the same time.
(4.) You made this statement: [b]heb 1;5b never applied to solomon. There was never a time Solomon called God his Father and God called him him his son.
In the need to find fault with my words, you failed to read my words, understanding what I said and then responding. I did not say heb 1:5b applied to solomon, look at what I said below:
It should be observed in Hebrews 1:5b that a quotation is made from 2 Samuel 7:14 and applied to the Son of God. Although that text had[b] its first application to Solomon, the later application of it to Jesus Christ does not mean that Solomon and Jesus are the same.
@ bold u see how u have descended into the abyss? The subject of discussion is how did heb 1;5b first apply to Solomon. The writer of hebrews didn't quote the whole verse of 2 Samuel 7;14, he only took the portion that referred to Christ. In contrast the whole of psalm 102:25-27 referred to Jesus.

If you had looked at 2 Samuel 7:14, you would have understood what I was saying and how both sentences can be applied to both Jesus and solomon, and yet they are not the same person.

There was never a time solomon called God his father and god called him his son? then why did jehovah make that statement concerning solomon in 2 Samuel 7:14.
2Sa 7:14I will become his father, and he will become my son. When he does wrong, I will reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of men.
we all know that Jesus is perfect and could do no wrong, therefore jehovah could not be referring to Jesus. so solite3, let me ask you a question which I know you will not answer : who is jehovah referring to that he says he will reproof when he does wrong?
If you don't answer that question, it shows how deep in falsehood you are!
the writer of Hebrews never said the whole verse 2sam referred to Jesus. The part that applied to Jesus never applied to Solomon never

U don't even know what you are saying.

Before you answer , I'll will show you another scripture which exposes you Further
1Ch 28:6“He said to me, ‘Your son Solʹo·mon is the one who will build my house and my courtyards, for I have chosen him as my son and I will become his father.

(5) you said : "U are funny which work did Solomon 'foreshadowed'"
ill prefer that you study the scriptures to understand better.
read the verses below, expecially the underlined

2Sa 7:11from the day that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will give you rest from all your enemies. “‘“Also, Jehovah has told you that Jehovah will make a house for you.
2Sa 7:12When your days come to an end and you are laid to rest with your forefathers, then I will raise up your offspring after you, your own son, and I will firmly establish his kingdom.
2Sa 7:13He is the one who will build a house for my name, and I will firmly establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
Sa 7:19As if this were not enough, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah, you also speak about the house of your servant down to a distant future time; and this is instruction for all mankind, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah.
u don't even know the meaning of foreshadowed.

Definition of foreshadow
transitive verb
: to represent, indicate, or typify beforehand

After reading those verses, you then read the ones below, maybe, just maybe you will understand how solomon foreshadowed jesus

[b]Lu 1:32, 33This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father,33and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”
Isa 9:7To the increase of his rulership And to peace, there will be no end, On the throne of David and on his kingdom In order to establish it firmly and to sustain it Through justice and righteousness, From now on and forever. The zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.
Ac 2:30Because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one of his offspring on his throne,
Zec 6:12, 13And say to him, “‘This is what Jehovah of armies says: “Here is the man whose name is Sprout. He will sprout from his own place, and he will build the temple of Jehovah.13He is the one who will build the temple of Jehovah, and he is the one who will assume the majesty. He will sit down on his throne and rule, and he will also be a priest on his throne, and there will be a peaceable agreement between the two.[/b]
how did Solomon foreshadow Christ?

(6) you failed to show where I made you claimed you remembered I made. 

(7) you refuse to respond to this : "It is good that you accepted that Jesus is the one being referred to in proverbs 8: 30, your brother brocab refuses to accept, hope you will teach him that truth.
I also hope you accept the other things said about Jesus in that chapter. 
The verse said, I was beside him as a master worker, hope you understand that statement?"
this is unrelated to the topic at hand. Stick to issues

(cool as shown to you earlier solomon in verse 4 said he undertook great works some of those works include
building houses for himself
planting vineyards for himself
making pools of water for himself
acquiring and accumulating both living and material things.

In verse 11 he said : Ec 2:11 But when I reflected on all the works that my own hands had done and on all the hard work that I had toiled to accomplish, I saw that everything was futile, a chasing after the wind; there was nothing of real value under the sun.

We know that solomon did not physically build [/b]those houses by himself, but when he refered to those houses he said it is the work of his own hands and the accomplishment of his hard word.

'Work of our hands means what we do. He didn't say 'his own hands' but 'his hands'.

@ bold solomon didn't say he builded the houses himself.

Ecclesiastes 2:11 Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, [b]and on the labour that I had laboured to do: [/b]and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
Solomon did not say he builded those houses by himself did he say so?

But Jehovah said he made the heavens and the earth by himself

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the [b]earth by myself;
Dolphinheart Jehovah said he made the heavens alone and spread the earth himself. How can this be possible if he used Jesus?

(9) no , God did not call any of those the angels except jesus his only begotten son. You question proves that the God talking in Hebrews chapter 1 is person from jesus , that God also claims to be the God of jesus , eliminating any thought of them being the same God.
stop adding to the word of God. If God never called any angel his begotten son how come you think Jesus is an angel?

(11)Hebrew 1: 2 says God did the creation through his son.
and yet he did it himself .

12. once again, you refuse to answer the question :
You are very confused , so Jesus was God that was talking in those verses of Hebrew chapter 1?
go back and read my post of trinity and stop asking unintelligent questions.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:32am On Dec 30, 2016
dolphinheart:

your own view

I did not say "father giving Jesus revelation" , if i said such please show me and others , and if i did not say so, then its you that have just shown others how false you are.
You are always thinking I said something, not reading what I actually said. I said "God gave Jesus the revelation" and i quoted the verse where such knowledge can be found!

Re 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

good you could quote from a translation that tried to remove false words from that verse.
It was God ,the Almighty that was talking , not Jesus, also John did not add the Almighty it was God that said the Almighty,look at the sentence there is no break in the qoutation marks to signify someone else said "the Almighty".
verses 4 to 6 has shown us that Jesus cannot be the one who is who was and who is to come, in the same sense that Jesus cannot be the seven spirit.

wrong

and neither did I say so, we all know God cannot die , but Jesus said he was dead!

their are certain times he spoke about his God, calling him "my God" , we know who that God is, In John 20: 17, he identified his God as his father!

you omit the part where the revelation was given to Jesus by God.
In the book of revelation we have other personalities apart from Jesus talking.

The revelation that Jesus used his angel to send to John was given to him by God!

you yourself had said it, their are two sources:
who testifies to everything he saw--that is, (1)the word of God and the (2)testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1:11 ►

which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

New Living Translation
It said, "Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

English Standard Version
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

Berean Study Bible
saying, "Write in a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

Berean Literal Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

New American Standard Bible 
saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
saying, "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

International Standard Version

NET Bible
saying: "Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

New Heart English Bible
saying, "What you see, write on a scroll and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Which said, “Those things which you have seen, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesaus, to Zmurna, to Pergamaus, to Thawatyra, to Sardis, to Philadelphia and to Laidiqia.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

New American Standard 1977 
saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

American Standard Version
saying, What thou seest, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamum, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Saying: What thou seest, write in a book, and send to the seven churches which are in Asia, to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamus, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea. 

Darby Bible Translation
saying, What thou seest write in a book, and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and t

Weymouth New Testament
It said, "Write forthwith in a roll an account of what you see, and send it to the seven Churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyateira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

World English Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

The words "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:" has been discovered to be later additions to the scriptures by proponents of the false doctrine of trinity

Yes, the same Son of man that Daniel saw approaching the ancient of days who gave him power and authority and kingship.

Jesus is first to be resurrected to evaluating life, the firstborn from the dead. jesus is last to be resurrected directly by God, all other resurrection to life will be done by Jesus. This statements are true.

different personalities spoke in revelation chapter 22

The title Alpha and Omega occurs at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.

The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation.
Verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John.
Verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus.
The first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,”
The one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. 
“The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God.
The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”(at least you must have read about the new covenant jesus gave and how he acted as a messenger for God)

you know English, but you refuse to use it when it does not support your doctrine, God spoke, jesus testified.
its the use of "word of God" is to signify the same person as jesus, the words "and the" which separates them would not have been used.

lie lie dolphinheart

of course the same repeated twisting-lies much confusion false accusations and denying the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ etc. etc.

Jesus testified:
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending
John added:
the Almighty

John heard a voice behing him saying:
Rev 1:11 I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

John turned to see who was speaking and saw one like the Som of man:
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man

Jesus said:
Fear not; I am the first and the last: 
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. 
Rev 1:19  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 
Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Jesus speaking:
Rev 22:7  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 

Jesus Himself made it clear more than once that it is He the Alpha and Omega that is talking, but you antichrist dolphinheart
say those Alpha and Omega verses are Jesus, but the Rev 1:8 Alpha and Omega verse is Yahweh.
That's ridiculous, especially with John saying that Revelation is the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Even if all the Alpha and Omega verses were Jesus talking except for the Alpha Omega verse 8 being Yahweh
then that would show that Yahweh the alpha and Omega is Jesus the Alpha and Omega,
so either way your lies fail you.

You way heap big lie lie antichrist dolphinheart.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:59am On Dec 30, 2016
dolphinheart:

antichrist dolphinheart

you are twisting away from the issue again,
the testimony is Jesus Christ's, it is Jesus speaking through out revelation and not the Father

when He say's I am Alpha and Omega etc. Jesus is speaking of Himself and not of Father,
even though Father and Son is Alpha and Omega, the Father wasn't pierced etc. etc. etc.

you just go on and on in confused lies.

your darkness is unbelievable smiley

Mat 6:23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:48am On Dec 30, 2016
dolphinheart:

lie lie dolphinheart

read what you said again and see the confusion, although being blinded you may not see

re read my post and see the foolishness and confusion of your reply

dolphinheart:

ha ha, amazing smiley

Immanuel is a name for Christ, it means He is God with us, but confused-lying a/c dolph says
it doesnt mean he is God cheesy

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

antichrist dolphinheart

Christ is The mighty God, The everlasting Father
truly He is God with us, but of course you don't believe the Bible and deny Christ at every opportunity.

you are an antichrist

1Jn 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

he is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son
the Father and the Son is God John 1:1

and shown here also:
Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

he is antichrist that deny the Father and Son is God

1Co 12:3  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord(kurios), but by the Holy Ghost. 

you antichrist dolphinheart cannot say: Jesus is Lord-supreme in authority-God,

the Holy Spirit-God-Father and Son within, is needed.

the word of God, that is, what God say's, comes from the Word of God, who became Jesus Christ
the Word of God speaks on behalf of Himself and Father who are two persons, and who are one God

the record of the word of God(what He said), came from the Word of God(who became Jesus Christ)
and is the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I remember telling you it is so simple, and it is, but I understand how it would be darkness-blindness to the un believing.

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:56am On Dec 30, 2016
I just told you God had showing me His name in the word of God-it's ether God the Father or Jesus-these two names are His name.
Obviously you are blinded by the light, I have answered {Luke 1:31} followed by {Matthew 1:23} correctly.
But you haven't given me any extermination that concerns these scriptures, I am still waiting for your answer that you have refused to do, And because of your denial to answer as such, I call you out to be a false prophet and a lair of the Word.
{Isaiah 9:6, which follows with Matthew 1:23, and of course follows up with Luke 1:31-34}

Firstly before I start, please try and corrupt my page, just the same as you always do Dolphinheart having great pride amongst your own-twist the Word Of God against itself-and make up words as you read with the times.

In the prophecy of the virgin birth {Isaiah 7:14} the prophet Isaiah declared "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign, The Virgin will be with child, and will give birth to a Son, and will call Him Immanuel" This prophecy refers to the birth of Jesus
{Matthew 1:22-23} And all this took place because of the Word, the Lord said to the prophet.
The Virgin will be with Child and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means God with us.
"This does not mean, however, that the Messiah's name would actually be Immanuel.
Their are many names given to Jesus using this phase, "He shall be called, both in the Old and New Testament.
This was a common way of saying that people would refer to Him in these various ways.
Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, His name should be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace {Isaiah 9:6}
None of these titles were Jesus actual name, but these were descriptions people would use to refer to Him forever.
{Luke 1:32} tells us Jesus shall be called the Son of the highest {Luke 1:35} and the Son of God, but neither of these was His name.
Two different places the prophet Jeremiah say's in referring to the coming Messiah "And this is His Name, by which He shall be called "YHWH" our righteousness {Jeremiah 23:5-6, 33:15-16} now we know that God the Father is named Yahweh, Jesus was never actually called Yahweh as through it was His name, but His role was that of bringing the righteousness of Yahweh to those who would believe in Him, exchanging that righteousness for our sin {2 Corinthians 5:21} Therefore this is one of the many titles or names which belong to Him.
In the same way to say Jesus will be called "Immanuel" means Jesus is God, and that He Had dwelt among us in His incarnation and that He is always with us, Jesus was God in the flesh.
Jesus was God making His dwelling among us {John 1:1, 14} 'No Jesus was not Immanuel" But Jesus was the meaning of Immanuel. "God with us" Immanuel is one of the given names for Jesus a description of who He is...
Immanuel" is a name given so we know when the Prophet Isaiah prophesied and calling Him "Immanuel" he is referring to Jesus..
dolphinheart:

and I can bet he will never tell you, cus he had told you through his word in the scriptures, yet you disagree.
no wonder you could not pick up your 1611 bibLe and answer the questions below, even after it has been asked numerous times. when facts expose you, you resort to an unverifiable source.

" like I said, I was beginning to suspect you know little about the name jehovah, you just confirmed it. I will not teach you further , but I will leave a clue, go and read the 1611 edition of the KJV, post what luke 1: 31 says here, tell us how that translation spelt the name of the son of God in that verse and why you , a defender of that 1611 translation do not spell the name in that manner!

The questions one needs to ask you is 
. where did the scripture say Abraham built an image.?
even if God's name is not jehovah, would that make it right for Abraham to build and image for worship?
did Abraham build an image for worship?

again you still refuse to answer that question, then I'll assume you are trying to lie against a faithful servant of God.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:08am On Dec 30, 2016
some things you dum dolphinheart recently said:

1. "Immanuel means God with us, it does not mean that the person who bears that name is God."

cheesy

2. "Secondly we know that God almighty sits on his throne, the throne of God, did John see Jesus on that throne ? no."

smiley
Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

3. "read rev 1: 1-6
If you had read those verses, you would have known that is was not Jesus that was talking in Rev 1: 8, it was God the almighty, who gave Jesus the revelation."

"I did not say "father giving Jesus revelation" ,I said "God gave Jesus the revelation"

cheesy a/c dolphinheart:
God the almighty gave Jesus revelation....I did not say father giving Jesus revelation....I said God gave Jesus the revelation
smiley cheesy

4. "the person who is with someone cannot be the same person with the one he is with!."

Ha ha, no a/c dolphinheart He is not the same person He is the same God, (Father and Son = two persons) duh

And you antichrist dolphinheart posts your confusion and lies here page after page, day after day, all the time
and you have been blinded and cannot even see your own lies.

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

and you lie lie dolphinheart sometimes say show me where I lied

ha ha, you hardly ever stop lying a/c dolphinheart

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2016
It shows your bible says otherwise, and of course it proves you wrong, when applying Jesus has the only name "mighty".
Lets read from the NWT Bible and see who is called the "mighty God".
{Jeremiah 32:18-19} calls, God the mighty One who's name is Jehovah.
{Deuteronomy 10:17} The God great mighty
{Nehemiah 9:32} And now O our God the God great mighty.
{Job 36:5} Indeed God is mighty.
{Psalms 24:8} And who is the glorious King? Jehovah strong and mighty, Jehovah mighty in battle.
{Isaiah 9:6,10:21} Jesus is called the Mighty God, The everlasting Father, {Vs 10:21}And Jehovah is "The remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.
These are just some verses that proves who else carries the "mighty name" this must mean Jesus also carries the Mighty Almighty name? {Revelation 1:7-8}
Even thru the JW's had denied this fact-the evidence of God the mighty is written in their own NWT Bible.
jworg:

My friend the truth is that the bible teaches that Jesus is a God even in the book of isaiah 9:6 calls him mighty God and Jehovah's witnesses do not dispute that at any time. But the area of interest is, Is Jesus equal in status to the almighty God? That is were we Jehovah's witnesses say No.. First of all in the book of Isaiah 9:6 i quoted earlier called Jesus a mighty God if Jesus is refered to as Mighty God then who is Almighty (remember comparative and superlative in english language). Secondly Jesus on so many occasion refered to himself as having a father matt 6:9, 10 (he said our father in the heaven which includes himself otherwise he would have said Your father in heaven) on the night he was killed he prayed to a higher God begging that he be spared the agony that was coming to prove the fact that he was talking to a superior he said, "Let not my will but yours take place" . Also in John 14:28 Jesus said that he is going to meet a father and that Father is greater than he is. So please don't get it twisted Jehovah's witnesses do demote Jesus or promote Jesus we preach Jesus exactly for what he is, that is he is our Redeemer, the king of kings enthroned in heaven as king of God's kingdom, the only begotten son of God (John 3:16) and so much more. But one thing we do not accept is that Jesus is same and equal to the almighty God. For more info visit jw. Org got to bible teachings for more answers

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:23am On Dec 31, 2016

The jehovahs witnesses sect say that Jesus wasn't bodily resurrected
that His body was vaporised or some such ridiculous thing.

However the body is what resurrection is about
resurrection isn't about resurrection of the spirit, which doesn't die
but goes back to God who gave it

Ecc_12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

When Jesus returns He will bring the spirits of those who have died in Him, to be joined with their
resurrected bodies which have been made immortal

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 

At Jesus return the dead in Christ will rise incorruptible
and we in Christ who are alive at that time, our bodies will be changed from mortal to immortal

1Th 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 

1Co 15:4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1Co 15:14  And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

As we who are alive at Jesus coming have our mortal bodies changed to immortal
and as the dead in Christ have their corrupted mortal bodies changed to immortal
so too Jesus incorrupted body was resurrected immortal

Act_2:31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Why would Father not allow Jesus body to corrupt, if it was to be vaporised smiley

ha ha false jw so blind.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:18am On Dec 31, 2016

false jw doesn't believe the Word is God

Joh 5:22  For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Heb 13:4  Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. 

verse 22, Father doesn't judge man, the Son does

verse 4, God judges man, that is God the Son judges man.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:38am On Dec 31, 2016

false jw criticize the KJV Bible, which to me is just more affirmation that it is good.

By David W. Daniels

Question: Is it true that 1 John 5:7 is not in any Greek manuscript before the 1600s? If it is true, why is it in the King James Bible?

Answer: 1 John 5:7 belongs in the King James Bible and was preserved by faithful Christians. But the passage was removed from many Greek manuscripts, because of the problems it seemed to cause.

It is true that there is a small number of Scriptures that are not the same between the King James Bible and the so-called "Majority" Greek text. There are a number of reasons for this:

The so-called "Majority" text was not really based on the majority of texts, but rather a relatively small number of manuscripts. The last person to try to find the differences between the majority of Greek manuscripts, Dr. Von Soden, did not collate more than 400 of the more than 5,000 Greek texts. In other words, what is commonly called the "Majority" Greek text is not a collation of the majority of manuscripts at all.
The "Majority" Greek text is also the main Greek text used by the Eastern Orthodox religion. They had a vested interest in changing (or deleting) some texts. More on this in a moment.
1 John itself is not in a large number of extant Greek manuscripts.
So why then is 1 John 5:7 in the King James Bible, but not in many of the existing Greek manuscripts? To understand the answer, we must look at the history of what happened shortly after the Bible was written.

The Greek and Roman Institutions

During the early growth of the Christian church, ministers (whether saved or not) wrote down doctrines that they said were Christian and Biblical. Starting after the death of the apostles (about 100 AD) many people taught the lie that Jesus was not God the Son and Son of God, or that Jesus became God at His baptism, or the false doctrine that the Holy Spirit was not God or was not eternal.

The growing religion that became known as Roman Catholic, after many debates eventually agreed on the doctrine of the Trinity. So they had no reason to remove 1 John 5:7 from their Bibles, since it supported what they taught.

But the Greek Eastern Orthodox religion was combating a heresy called "Sabellianism," and would have found it easier to combat the heresy by simply removing the troubling passage from their Bibles.

A Trail of Evidence

But during this same time, we find mention of 1 John 5:7, from about 200 AD through the 1500s. Here is a useful timeline of references to this verse:

200 AD Tertullian wrote "which three are one" based on the verse in his Against Praxeas, chapter 25.
250 AD Cyprian of Carthage, wrote, "And again, of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost it is written: "And the three are One" in his On The Lapsed, On the Novatians, (see note for Old Latin)
350 AD Priscillian referred to it [Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum, Academia Litterarum Vindobonensis, vol. xviii, p. 6.]
350 AD Idacius Clarus referred to it [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 62, col. 359.]
350 AD Athanasius referred to it in his De Incarnatione
398 AD Aurelius Augustine used it to defend Trinitarianism in De Trinitate against the heresy of Sabellianism
415 AD Council of Carthage appealed to 1 John 5:7 when debating the Arian belief (Arians didn't believe in the deity of Jesus Christ)
450-530 AD Several orthodox African writers quoted the verse when defending the doctrine of the Trinity against the gainsaying of the Vandals. These writers are:
A) Vigilius Tapensis in "Three Witnesses in Heaven"
B) Victor Vitensis in his Historia persecutionis [Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum, Academia Litterarum Vindobonensis, vol. vii, p. 60.]
C) Fulgentius in "The Three Heavenly Witnesses" [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 65, col. 500.]
500 AD Cassiodorus cited it [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 70, col. 1373.]
550 AD Old Latin ms r has it
550 AD The "Speculum" has it [The Speculum is a treatise that contains some good Old Latin scriptures.]
750 AD Wianburgensis referred to it
800 AD Jerome's Vulgate has it [It was not in Jerome's original Vulgate, but was brought in about 800 AD from good Old Latin manuscripts.]
1000s AD miniscule 635 has it
1150 AD minuscule ms 88 in the margin
1300s AD miniscule 629 has it
157-1400 AD Waldensian (that is, Vaudois) Bibles have the verse
1500 AD ms 61 has the verse
Even Nestle's 26th edition Greek New Testament, based upon the corrupt Alexandrian text, admits that these and other important manuscripts have the verse: 221 v.l.; 2318 Vulgate [Claromontanus]; 629; 61; 88; 429 v.l.; 636 v.l.; 918; l; r.

to be continued
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:39am On Dec 31, 2016
continued

The Vaudois

Now the "Waldensian," or "Vaudois" Bibles stretch from about 157 to the 1400s AD. The fact is, according to John Calvin's successor Theodore Beza, that the Vaudois received the Scriptures from missionaries of Antioch of Syria in the 120s AD and finished translating it into their Latin language by 157 AD. This Bible was passed down from generation, until the Reformation of the 1500s, when the Protestants translated the Vaudois Bible into French, Italian, etc. This Bible carries heavy weight when finding out what God really said. John Wesley and Jonathan Edwards believed, as most of the Reformers, that the Vaudois were the descendants of the true Christians, and that they preserved the Christian faith for the Bible-believing Christians today.

Who Has the Most to Gain? Who Has the Most to Lose?

The evidence of history shows us that the Roman Catholic religion was relentless in its effort to destroy the Vaudois and their Bible. It took them until the 1650s to finish their hateful attacks. But the Vaudois were successful in preserving God's words to the days of the Reformation.

Now we have to ask ourselves a question: Who had the most to gain by adding to or taking away from the Bible? Did the Vaudois, who were being killed for having their Bibles, have anything to gain by adding to or taking from the words of God? Compromise is what the Roman religion wanted! Had the Vaudois just followed the popes, their lives would have been much easier. But they counted the cost. This was not politics; it was their life and soul. They above all people would not want to change a single letter of the words they received from Antioch of Syria. And they paid for this with their lives.

What about the "scholars" at Alexandria, Egypt? We already know about them. They could not even make their few 45 manuscripts agree. How could we believe they preserved God's words?

The Reformation itself owes a lot to these Christians in the French Alps. They not only preserved the Scriptures, but they show to what lengths God would go to keep his promise (Psalm 12:6-7).

And that's only part of the story about the preservation of God's words.

Psa 12:6  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 
Psa 12:7  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

God's words have been preserved, so recent times so called bibles that say diffrent like the NWT, are obviously fraudlent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — Don’t Settle For Less / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 328
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.