Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (371910 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:09am On Dec 31, 2016
More facts people should know about the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect.

false jw deny the Father and the Son and are antichrist

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 
Heb 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 
Heb 1:10  And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Father called Jesus God in verse 8, and called Him God again in verse 9,
and in verse 10 Father called Jesus Lord(kurios-supreme in authority-God)

false jw cannot understand how Jesus is God, when Father is the God of Jesus,
and of course they cannot understand without God in them

1Jn_2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

false jw deny Jesus, that He is God, even though Father said He is, and they are antichrist that deny the Son

false jw deny Father who said Jesus is God, and they are antichrist that deny the Father
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2016
johnw74:

continued

The Vaudois

Now the "Waldensian," or "Vaudois" Bibles stretch from about 157 to the 1400s AD. The fact is, according to John Calvin's successor Theodore Beza, that the Vaudois received the Scriptures from missionaries of Antioch of Syria in the 120s AD and finished translating it into their Latin language by 157 AD. This Bible was passed down from generation, until the Reformation of the 1500s, when the Protestants translated the Vaudois Bible into French, Italian, etc. This Bible carries heavy weight when finding out what God really said. John Wesley and Jonathan Edwards believed, as most of the Reformers, that the Vaudois were the descendants of the true Christians, and that they preserved the Christian faith for the Bible-believing Christians today.

Who Has the Most to Gain? Who Has the Most to Lose?

The evidence of history shows us that the Roman Catholic religion was relentless in its effort to destroy the Vaudois and their Bible. It took them until the 1650s to finish their hateful attacks. But the Vaudois were successful in preserving God's words to the days of the Reformation.

Now we have to ask ourselves a question: Who had the most to gain by adding to or taking away from the Bible? Did the Vaudois, who were being killed for having their Bibles, have anything to gain by adding to or taking from the words of God? Compromise is what the Roman religion wanted! Had the Vaudois just followed the popes, their lives would have been much easier. But they counted the cost. This was not politics; it was their life and soul. They above all people would not want to change a single letter of the words they received from Antioch of Syria. And they paid for this with their lives.

What about the "scholars" at Alexandria, Egypt? We already know about them. They could not even make their few 45 manuscripts agree. How could we believe they preserved God's words?

The Reformation itself owes a lot to these Christians in the French Alps. They not only preserved the Scriptures, but they show to what lengths God would go to keep his promise (Psalm 12:6-7).

And that's only part of the story about the preservation of God's words.

Psa 12:6  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 
Psa 12:7  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

God's words have been preserved, so recent times so called bibles that say diffrent like the NWT, are obviously fraudlent.

TELL THEM TO BEWARE OF APOSTATES
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
brocab:
You should write your own bible-opp's sorry you have written one. Dolphinhearts diary, the book without scriptures.
Fortunately the scriptures did give us that probability, and identifies who Jesus is.
One apostle Thomas confirmed Jesus is My Lord and My God..
Those who truly believe in Jesus knows Him to be God.
The angel told Mary she will have a son, and she shall call him Im-man-u-el meaning With us is God..
And the bible confirms Jesus is the Mighty God, The everlasting Father and the Almighty.
It is also said we live by faith..
The scriptures tells us In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..
Paul did say those words-The KJV said God was manifest in the flesh..
But because it doesn't say it in your bible-don't worry nothing in your bible makes any sense-listen to yourself you refuse to believe Jesus was born-and His name is Im-man-u-el..

Why are are you angry? You worship the Mighty "God" others worship the Almighty God. Why should you be angry. Some people only worship Jesus Christ, whether Jesus likes it or not! Other worship Jehovah and will be ready to worship Jesus if both agree that is the way to go, so why are you angry? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
brocab:
You should write your own bible-opp's sorry you have written one. Dolphinhearts diary, the book without scriptures.
pls show the bible that dolphinheart has written o!

Fortunately the scriptures did give us that probability, and identifies who Jesus is.
the scriptures does not, any probability you cook up is from derived analogy, from verses that has been Currupted by proponents of the false trinity doctrine. even after concrete evidence has been presented, some will still hold on to those falsely added words.

One apostle Thomas confirmed Jesus is My Lord and My God..
it has been shown to you that Thomas made an exclamation, jesus did not ask him any question about his divinity, on the matter of who is the God of the disciples , jesus had send a message to them which was delivered, in that message , jesus told them who their God is!
King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, AND YOUR GOD

this fact above is what the apostles taught and wrote down in the scriptures, that jesus is the son of God.
God has a son, jesus does not.

Those who truly believe in Jesus knows Him to be God.

look at what those who believe jesus call him

King James Version
Joh 11:27She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world
King James Version
Mt 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
King James Version
Ac 9:20And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Brocab, you don't agree that jesus is the son of God, despite that fact being repeated several times in the scriptures.
1Jo 4:15 Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.

The angel told Mary she will have a son, and she shall call him Im-man-u-el meaning With us is God..
yes that the meaning of the Hebrew name Immanuel, it does not mean that the bearer is God.

And the bible confirms Jesus is the Mighty God, The everlasting Father and the Almighty.
It is also said we live by faith..
lies, the scriptures does not say jesus is the Almighty!

The scriptures tells us In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..
the scriptures tells us that In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
The word, who was with God cannot be the God he was with!

Paul did say those words-The KJV said God was manifest in the flesh..
Paul did not say those words, he said "he" not "God". It has been proven that the word "God" found in some translations if false, a word not said by Paul but deliberately added by scribes who wanted to make the verse support trinity.

But because it doesn't say it in your bible-don't worry nothing in your bible makes any sense-listen to yourself you refuse to believe Jesus was born-and His name is Im-man-u-el..
pls show where I said jesus' name is not immanuel, you have started lying again!

The following facts are true, you cannot disprove them, they are facts supported by the scriptures
1.The angels told Mary that Jesus the son of the most high and his father would give him a kingdom
2.Those who believed in Jesus call him son of God
3.The disciple confirmed Jesus as the son of the living God 
4.God from heaven confirmed that Jesus is his son three times.
5.The apostles confirmed that Jesus is the son of their God
6.The scriptures confirmed that Jesus was told by God to sit at his right hand
7.the scriptures tell us that the God of Jesus is our God, the one God, Almighty God.

you are running away from Isaiahs prophecy, refusing to tell us if the prophecy and it's sign was not fulfilled in isaiahs time.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
brocab:
And I read the prophesy in {Isaiah 7} And it was a sign like every other prophesy that's given until it is fulfilled.
And it was fulfilled when Jesus came.

what was the background to the prophecy?
what caused isaiah to give that prophecy?
who was isaiah directing the prophecy to?
was the prophecy fulfilled in Isaiahs time?

though I know you will not answer those questions, but I know others will examine them and come to a better knowledge about that prophecy and it's fulfillment.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
solite3:
Dolphinheart stop playing the ostrich go and respond to my posts

which posts are you talking about, just give time and date that you made the post ill check it if it's directed at me, and if it's not , then you are the one playing the ostrich.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=52356459][/quote]

I believe I've responded to that post .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
solite3:
. Dolphinheart, lie lie dolphinheart there was no child born that was called Emmanuel in the old testament.
The name Emmanuel describes Jesus nature as God not that he was to really bear that Emmanuel when he was on earth.
The name was just his character.

so you are saying the sign giving by isaiah to the king concerning the prophecy did not occur?
and the prophecy got fulfilled in that time without evidence of the sign? you had a long way to go solite3, go and read the whole content of Isaiahs words to the king.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
solite3:
[author=dolphinheart post=52359862]

it is clear you have a problem. How does this above relate to what I requested.
I didn't reply cos it will derail the thread. How can you be bringing so much unrelated topic at the same time.
@ bold u see how u have descended into the abyss? The subject of discussion is how did heb 1;5b first apply to Solomon. The writer of hebrews didn't quote the whole verse of 2 Samuel 7;14, he only took the portion that referred to Christ. In contrast the whole of psalm 102:25-27 referred to Jesus.

the writer of Hebrews never said the whole verse 2sam referred to Jesus. The part that applied to Jesus never applied to Solomon never

U don't even know what you are saying.

u don't even know the meaning of foreshadowed.

Definition of foreshadow
transitive verb
: to represent, indicate, or typify beforehand

how did Solomon foreshadow Christ?

this is unrelated to the topic at hand. Stick to issues

'Work of our hands means what we do. He didn't say 'his own hands' but 'his hands'.

@ bold solomon didn't say he builded the houses himself.

Ecclesiastes 2:11 Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: [/b]and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
Solomon did not say he builded those houses by himself did he say so?

But Jehovah said he made the heavens and the earth by himself

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the [b]earth by myself;
Dolphinheart Jehovah said he made the heavens alone and spread the earth himself. How can this be possible if he used Jesus?

stop adding to the word of God. If God never called any angel his begotten son how come you think Jesus is an angel?

and yet he did it himself .

go back and read my post of trinity and stop asking unintelligent questions.

1. solite3, I do not know your request, please state it again.

2. Once again, I state it with facts that I did not say that "that chapter has false views neither did I claim that " the scripture is misleading"[/b]
this is what I said : : solite3, if you read those scriptures without trying to understand the context and what the the bible says in its entirety, you will come to the false understandING you are trying to potray.
I do not think that that sentence should be too hard for you to understand.

3. It should be noted once again that you tried to omit yourself from answering the question asked, this question is vital to understandING Hebrews chapter 1: 
[b] First of all, who is talking in that verse? and who does that person say he is in relation to Jesus? The answers to those questions which I will expect that you will not provide when you reply(let's see if you will prove me wrong ) will help you to understand what that verse is saying.
you proved me right once more by refusing to answer that question.

4 all questions are related , we are discussing the context sorrounding hebrews chapter one, we must understand what Paul is saying and who was talking, this will help us to understand what is being said. also its good to use other related scriptures to gain better knowledge. so pls answer the question, if you can't answer it with reply, separate it and answer it in subsequent post:
you have read the relationship between the person talking in that verse and Jesus when it comes to creation, earliar that same chapter had cleared Any false views of what it will say later , look at heb 1: 1-2.
Heb 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways
Heb 1:2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.

(5)you made the statement : "@ bold u see how u have descended into the abyss? The subject of discussion is how did heb 1;5b first apply to Solomon.

I do not know if you are peeping into the abyss to see who is their, but I know you are confused about that issue, no where have I said heb 1:5b was referring to solomon or first applies to solomon.

again look and read carefully what I said below:
It should be observed in Hebrews 1:5b that a quotation is made from 2 Samuel 7:14 and applied to the Son of God. Although that text had its first application to Solomon, the later application of it to Jesus Christ does not mean that Solomon and Jesus are the same.

solite3, the text in heb 1: 5b is a quotation made from 2 Samuel 7:14.
The text in heb 1:5b applies to Jesus.
The text in 2 Samuel 7:14 applies to solomon.
That the same text is found to apply to two different persons does not mean the two different persons are the same person.

You also said : "The writer of hebrews didn't quote the whole verse of 2 Samuel 7;14, he only took the portion that referred to Christ. In contrast the whole of psalm 102:25-27 referred to Jesus.

Im surprised by your argument, the writer of Hebrew quoted a text from the writer of 2 Samuel, chapters and verses where not yet added to the scriptures at this time, so quoting whole verses or part of verses is not something you should bring up. The text that was quoted and who it applies to is what's important.

now let's look at second Samuel 7:14 again, we shall split into into two parts (blue and red)

2Sa 7:14 I will become his father, and he will become my son. When he does wrong, I will reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of men.

Now please solite3 tell me, are you saying that the person jehovah was talking about in the blue part is a different from the one he is talking about in the red part?

If the writer took portions that refers to Christ from the book of second Samuel, pls tell me who that portion was referring to in 2 Samuel 7:14?

you said : " the writer of Hebrews never said the whole verse 2sam referred to Jesus. The part that applied to Jesus never applied to Solomon never
It is good to see you are learning small small, you can see that I also did not say that the verse in 2 Samuel applies to Jesus. now the next question is, who is 2 Samuel 7: 14 applying to?

7. you defined "foreshadowed" now tell me after reading those scriptures did solomon typify jesus?
are some of their actions identical, even though that of Jesus was on a more grander scale?
If you read those verses , you will see how solomon foreshadowed Jesus.

8. The folowing sentences bolded below is very much related to the topic at hand, and very much part of the general topic , we are talking about creation, i posted a verse that also talk about creation and the actions of those involved in creation.:
rule, and he will also be a priest on his throne, and there will be a peaceable agreement between the two.[/b]
you failed to show where I made you claimed you remembered I made. 
you refuse to respond to this : "It is good that you accepted that Jesus is the one being referred to in proverbs 8: 30, your brother brocab refuses to accept, hope you will teach him that truth.
I also hope you accept the other things said about Jesus in that chapter. 
The verse said, I was beside him as a master worker, hope you understand that statement?"

9. (A)pls what the difference between "my hands" and "my own hand"
(which of the two sentences is more similar to "your hands" or "thine hands".

you said : "@ bold solomon didn't say he builded the houses himself."
look at what the kjv say :
King James Version
Ec 2:4I made me great works; I builded me houses;I planted me vineyards:

you asked : Dolphinheart Jehovah said he made the heavens alone and spread the earth himself. How can this be possible if he used Jesus?

This is what the verse says:
Isa 44:24This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, Who formed you since you were in the womb: “I am Jehovah, who made everything. I stretched out the heavens by myself, And I spread out the earth. Who was with me?

The above statement does not negate hebrews 1: 2 or does it ?
You question has been answered , I've Shown you with scriptures how God used Jesus in creating the heavens and the earth. Jehovah is the creator, he used Jesus to create.

10. pls show me where I added to that word of God.

11. once again, you refuse to answer the question : 
You are very confused , so Jesus was God that was talking in those verses of Hebrew chapter 1?

12. which trinity post, pls show time and date you made the post.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart

of course the same repeated twisting-lies much confusion false accusations and denying the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ etc. etc.

Revelation is the testimony of Jesus Christ, not Father God:
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Chris, and of all things that he saw.
read verse one and see who gave Jesus the revelation

Re 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

Jesus testified:
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending
John added:
the Almighty

it was the one who is who was and who is to come that is talking
John never added "the almighty" to that verse, it was the one who is who was and who is to come that is talking in that verse, Jesus cannot be that person inasmuch as Jesus cannot be the seven spirits.
This is what Rev 1: 8 says:
[b]New International Version
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
English Standard Version
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
New American Standard Bible 
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "the One who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty." 
International Standard Version
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," declares the Lord God, "the one who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."
NET Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God--the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come--the All-Powerful! 
New Heart English Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty.
Darby Bible Translation
I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith [the] Lord God, he who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.
English Revised Version
I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, which is and which was and which is to come, the Almighty.[/b]

John heard a voice behing him saying:
Rev 1:11 I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Before john turned behind him, this was the words he heard:

Revelation 1:11 ►

New International Version
which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

New Living Translation
It said, "Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

English Standard Version
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

Berean Study Bible
saying, "Write in a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

Berean Literal Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

saying, "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

saying, "Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

NET Bible
saying: "Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

New Heart English Bible
saying, "What you see, write on a scroll and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

Which said, “Those things which you have seen, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesaus, to Zmurna, to Pergamaus, to Thawatyra, to Sardis, to Philadelphia and to Laidiqia.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
saying, "Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

New American Standard 1977 
saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

American Standard Version
saying, What thou seest, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamum, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Saying: What thou seest, write in a book, and send to the seven churches which are in Asia, to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamus, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea. 

Darby Bible Translation
saying, What thou seest write in a book, and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and t

Weymouth New Testament
It said, "Write forthwith in a roll an account of what you see, and send it to the seven Churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyateira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

World English Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

The words "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:" has been discovered to be later additions to those verses by proponents of the false doctrine of trinity 

John turned to see who was speaking and saw one like the Som of man:
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man
good for you to realise that John did not say he saw God, John saw Jesus, no man can see God and live.

Jesus said:
Fear not; I am the first and the last: 
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. 
Rev 1:19  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 
Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Good for you to read that Jesus said he was dead, God can never die!

Jesus speaking:
Rev 22:7  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 

Jesus Himself made it clear more than once that it is He the Alpha and Omega that is talking, but you antichrist dolphinheart
say those Alpha and Omega verses are Jesus, but the Rev 1:8 Alpha and Omega verse is Yahweh.
That's ridiculous, especially with John saying that Revelation is the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Even if all the Alpha and Omega verses were Jesus talking except for the Alpha Omega verse 8 being Yahweh
then that would show that Yahweh the alpha and Omega is Jesus the Alpha and Omega,
so either way your lies fail you.

You way heap big lie lie antichrist dolphinheart.

different personalities spoke in revelation chapter 22 

The title Alpha and Omega occurs at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.

The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation.
Verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John.
Verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus.
The first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,”
The one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. 
“The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God.
The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”(at least you must have read about the new covenant Jesus gave and how he acted as a messenger for God)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
dolphinheart:

read verse one and see who gave Jesus the revelation

Re 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

John never added "the almighty" to that verse, it was the one who is who was and who is to come that is talking in that verse, Jesus cannot be that person inasmuch as Jesus cannot be the seven spirits.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
English Standard Version
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "the One who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty." 
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," declares the Lord God, "the one who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."
NET Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God--the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come--the All-Powerful! 
New Heart English Bible
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty.
Darby Bible Translation
I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith [the] Lord God, he who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.
English Revised Version
I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, which is and which was and which is to come, the Almighty.[/b]

which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

New Living Translation
It said, "Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

English Standard Version
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

Berean Study Bible
saying, "Write in a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

Berean Literal Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

saying, "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

NET Bible
saying: "Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." 

New Heart English Bible
saying, "What you see, write on a scroll and send to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

Which said, “Those things which you have seen, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesaus, to Zmurna, to Pergamaus, to Thawatyra, to Sardis, to Philadelphia and to Laidiqia.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

saying, What thou seest, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamum, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Saying: What thou seest, write in a book, and send to the seven churches which are in Asia, to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamus, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea. 

Darby Bible Translation
saying, What thou seest write in a book, and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and t

Weymouth New Testament
It said, "Write forthwith in a roll an account of what you see, and send it to the seven Churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyateira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

World English Bible
saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

The words "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:" has been discovered to be later additions to those verses by proponents of the false doctrine of trinity 

good for you to realise that John did not say he saw God, John saw Jesus, no man can see God and live.

The title Alpha and Omega occurs at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.

The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation.
“The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God.
The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”(at least you must have read about the new covenant Jesus gave and how he acted as a messenger for God)

antichrist dolphinheart

of course just the same old repeated lies and confusion over and over again
denying the lord Jesus Christ and the Bible.

I don't have a problem with Bible translations other than the NWT
but you do and you pit translations against translations, particularly against the KJV Bible, such is the evil of satans church

Where God is speaking in revelation, it is the Word Jesus Christ, plain as day,
but you lie lie dolphinheart choose darkness

This of course is Jesus again speaking in revelation, to you
Truly this is the record of the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, to you lie lie dolphinheart:

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2016
themall:

TELL THEM TO BEWARE OF APOSTATES

duh dum mall

ha ha, that what you say, is from the horses mouth, tell them your self,
you are one of them, apostates that is, the jehovahs witness sect

cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:54am On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:

To be accurate no man can see Father and live, as verses below show.

good that you can admit that no man can see Father and live, or can you?

so can you now admit that it is the Word of God who is speaking in these verses and who appeared to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, and whose name is God Almighty, Yahweh
can you now admit that it is the Word of God and not the Father speaking and who appeared?

Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Referring to Father:
Joh 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Joh 5:37  And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 

Joh 6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Referring to Father:
1Ti 6:16  Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Referring to Father:
1Jn 4:12  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

No man has ever seen the Father, yet God appeared to men, it was God the Word that became the Lord Jesus Christ who spoke and appeared to men.
Yahweh of the old Testament is the Word of God-the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:56am On Jan 01, 2017
More facts people should know about the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect.

the false jw org claim to be the Prophet of God

"This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it" (The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197).
Link: carm dot org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/jehovahs-witness-organization-prophet-god

If the Watchtower Organization is a prophet of God, why has it made false prophecies?

1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 4, p. 621).

1899 " . . . the battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced" (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 ed., p. 101).

1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection" (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).

1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914" (The Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).

1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge" (The Watchtower, April 1, 1923, p. 106).

1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year" (The Watchtower, January 1, 1925, p. 3).

1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years
1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time . . . and they also learned to quit fixing dates" (Vindication, p. 338).
1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon" (The Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).

1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an end to the world, even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The end did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?.. Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them" (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).

1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (The Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).

With all the multitude of evidence that shows the jehovahs witnesses sect to be satanic
their followers are not just people who are fooled, they are people who love following satan and his church

Mat_7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat_24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

2Pe_2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
^^^
Christians here can see just how accurately antichrist false jw's are spoken off in these verses:
deceivers, in sheep's clothing, ravening wolves, false prophets, false teachers, having damnable heresies, denying the Lord that bought them

some from carm dot org
some mine
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:51am On Jan 01, 2017
antichrist dolphinheart

your personal text:

"time always tell the truth"

then how is it you lie all the time? cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:00am On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:
Immanuel means God with us, it does not mean that the person who bears that name is God.

cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:04am On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:
Secondly we know that God almighty sits on his throne, the throne of God, did John see Jesus on that throne ? no.

smiley
Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:12am On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:
read rev 1: 1-6
If you had read those verses, you would have known that is was not Jesus that was talking in Rev 1: 8, it was God the almighty, who gave Jesus the revelation.

I did not say father giving Jesus revelation ,I said God gave Jesus the revelation

cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:
read rev 1: 1-6
If you had read those verses, you would have known that is was not Jesus that was talking in Rev 1: 8, it was God the almighty, who gave Jesus the revelation.

antichrist dolphinheart

By God the Almighty you are referring to Father, right?
so you are saying Father gave Jesus the revelation, so it is Father talking in Rev 1:8.
Then by your own reckoning of Father giving Jesus the revelation means it is Father talking, then it would have to be Father talking here also:

Just from Chapter 1 alone.
Rev 1:11,17, 18, 19, 20,

Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. 
Rev 1:19  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 
Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

So acording to you lie lie dolphinheart because Father gave Jesus the Revelation means it is Father talking,
then according to you Father said in verse 18: "I am he that liveth, and was dead".

You never get it right, you are wrong most of the time, but you love to keep twisting God's word,
you love to lie against God and His word, often, you love to deny Christ, all the time.

This is Jesus talking again, to you antichrist dolphinheart:
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. 

Because you believe in a false yahweh and a false jesus you are also a whoremonger and a idolater, and because your elders speak with fallen angels, you false jw's are sorcerers also
the only one I don't know about in that verse as applying to you and most false jw's is murderer, but that wouldn't suprise me either,
7 out of 8 is damning.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:47am On Jan 01, 2017
brocab:
I just told you God had showing me His name in the word of God-it's ether God the Father or Jesus-these two names are His name.
continue, I'll rather follow the words of the psalmist
Ps 83:18 May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

And to God himself
Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

Obviously you are blinded by the light, I have answered {Luke 1:31} followed by {Matthew 1:23} correctly.
YOU CAN LIE!!
I did not tell you to answer Luke 1:31 , look at what I asked you to do below:
"Go and read the 1611 edition of the KJV, post what luke 1: 31 says here, tell us how that translation spelt the name of the son of God in that verse and why you , a defender of that 1611 translation do not spell the name in that manner!

But you haven't given me any extermination that concerns these scriptures, I am still waiting for your answer that you have refused to do,
I do not wish to give you any extermination.

And because of your denial to answer as such, I call you out to be a false prophet and a lair of the Word.
show me the question you asked that I did not answer.
{Isaiah 9:6, which follows with Matthew 1:23, and of course follows up with Luke 1:31-34}
Are you saying I've never talked about these verses?

Firstly before I start, please try and corrupt my page, just the same as you always do Dolphinheart having great pride amongst your own-twist the Word Of God against itself-and make up words as you read with the times.
in what way do I currupt your page, do you have a page?

In the prophecy of the virgin birth {Isaiah 7:14} the prophet Isaiah declared "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign, The Virgin will be with child, and will give birth to a Son, and will call Him Immanuel" This prophecy refers to the birth of Jesus
you have not read the prophecy, go and read it again, you are just stating the sign associated with the prophesy, go and read all that Isaiah told the king. not just one verse.

{Matthew 1:22-23} And all this took place because of the Word, the Lord said to the prophet.
?

The Virgin will be with Child and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means God with us.
"This does not mean, however, that the Messiah's name would actually be Immanuel.
But the scriptures say he will be called by the name Immanuel, so are you now saying no one is called by that name?

Their are many names given to Jesus using this phase, "He shall be called, both in the Old and New Testament.
This was a common way of saying that people would refer to Him in these various ways.
Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, His name should be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace {Isaiah 9:6}
Good, do you also know other prophecies of Jesus by isaiah, Jehovah called Jesus his servant, he will guide and approve him, he will exalt him.

None of these titles were Jesus actual name, but these were descriptions people would use to refer to Him forever.
{Luke 1:32} tells us Jesus shall be called the Son of the highest {Luke 1:35} and the Son of God, but neither of these was His name.
Two different places the prophet Jeremiah say's in referring to the coming Messiah "And this is His Name, by which He shall be called "YHWH" our righteousness {Jeremiah 23:5-6, 33:15-16} now we know that God the Father is named Yahweh, Jesus was never actually called Yahweh as through it was His name, but His role was that of bringing the righteousness of Yahweh to those who would believe in Him, exchanging that righteousness for our sin {2 Corinthians 5:21} Therefore this is one of the many titles or names which belong to Him.

Your falsehood becomes more evident every time you mention the scriptures let's look at the verses you mentioned

1.jer 23:5“Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will reign and show insight and uphold justice and righteousness in the land.

brocab, look at what the verse says, Jehovah is saying he will raise up to David a root. A person with a sincere mind will realise that Jehovah, who is talking their is not the root that will be raised. It is clearly evident that Jehovah is talking about about someone else, not himself. This fact is surported by the following scriptures below:
Isa 11:1A twig will grow out of the stump of Jesʹse, And a sprout from his roots will bear fruit.
Isa 53:2 He will come up like a twig before him, like a root out of parched land. No stately form does he have, nor any splendor; And when we see him, his appearance does not draw us to him.
Jer 33:15, 16 In those days and at that time I will cause to sprout for David a righteous sprout, and he will execute justice and righteousness in the land.16In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will reside in security. And this is what she will be called: Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.’”
Zec 3:8“‘Hear, please, O High Priest Joshua, you and your companions who sit before you, for these men serve as a sign; look! I am bringing in my servant Sprout!

HOW CAN YOU READ ALL THIS PROPHECIES FROM JEHOVAH AND SAY JEHOVAH IS THE ROOT OF DAVID.
There are even more prophecies about jesus in which jehovah called jesus his servant!

The issue of kingship is mentioned in that verse, let's look at what the KJV says about that
King James Version
Lu 1:32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Brocab, whichever name you call the Lord God, watever the argument is about the name, it is cLear that the "Lord God " who will give jesus the throne of his father David is not the same person as jesus!, therefore jesus is not the Lord God.

look again at another part of that verse which talks about upholding justice and righteousness in the land. If we examine the prophecies of isaiah, we will see that jehovah cannot be the root of jesse, the root of David.
Isa 11:1A twig will grow out of the stump of Jesʹse, And a sprout from his roots will bear fruit.
Isa 11:2And the spirit of Jehovah will settle upon him, The spirit of wisdom and of understanding, The spirit of counsel and of mightiness, The spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.
Isa 11:3And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.

read also
Isa 53:2
Re 5:5
Re 22:16

did jesus fufill this prophecies? Yes!
JEHOVAH'S SPIRIT SETTLE UPON JESUS
[b]Isa 42:1 Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations.
Joh 1:32John also bore witness, saying: “I viewed the spirit coming down as a dove out of heaven, and it remained upon him.
Ac 10:38about Jesus who was from Nazʹa·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power,and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil, because God was with him.

HE FINDS DELIGHT IN THE FEAR OF JEHOVAH
Heb 5:7 During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear.

JESUS IS THE ROOT
[b]Re 22:16“‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’

BROCAB, YOU READ ALL THIS VERSES AND YOU STILL HAVE A CONSCIENCE TO SAY JESUS IS JEHOVAH?

2. Jer 23:6In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will reside in security. And this is the name by which he will be called: Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.”

if you read the scriptures, you would have understood why he was called "jehovah is our righteouness".
Isa 54:17No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.

A further understanding comes when we examine it's use in jer 33: 14-16
[b]Jer 33:14 “‘Look! The days are coming,’ declares Jehovah, ‘when I will fulfill the good promise that I have spoken concerning the house of Israel and the house of Judah
Jer 33:15 In those days and at that time I will cause to sprout for David a righteous sprout, and he will execute justice and righteousness in the land.
Jer 33:16In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will reside in security. And this is what she will be called: Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.’”
hope you can see that "jehovah is our righteousness" Is not the name of any person. There is a reason a person or place bears that title!

jesus was not called yahweh/jehovah because he is not yahweh/jehovah, it's as simple as that. jesus brought people to the the almighty God who is Yahweh/jehovah and not to himself , he is the way to God, his father, jehovah , almighty God.

In the same way to say Jesus will be called "Immanuel" means Jesus is God, and that He Had dwelt among us in His incarnation and that He is always with us, Jesus was God in the flesh.
The underlined is false.

Jesus was God making His dwelling among us {John 1:1, 14} 'No Jesus was not Immanuel" But Jesus was the meaning of Immanuel. "God with us" Immanuel is one of the given names for Jesus a description of who He is...
Jesus was a god, a mighty god, but he became flesh and dwelled with mankind. He was a man when was on earth. If jesus was God while he was on earth, it would have proven Satan to be right, that no perfect man can serve God till death. because jesus will be more than a perfect man.

Immanuel" is a name given so we know when the Prophet Isaiah prophesied and calling Him "Immanuel" he is referring to Jesus..

Go and read the whole prophecy of Isaiah, not just the sign.

you responded go my post, but you refuse to answer the questions asked :
" go and read the 1611 edition of the KJV, post what luke 1: 31 says here, tell us how that translation spelt the name of the son of God in that verse and why you , a defender of that 1611 translation do not spell the name in that manner!

your refusal to quote that verse from the 1611 version and explain why you don't spell the name in like manner will show how deep into falsehood you really are!"

YOU HAVE REFUSED TO DO SO, YOU AGAIN SHOW DEEP IN FALSEHOOD YOU ARE ANYTIME YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER CUS YOU KNOW IT EXPOSES YOU.

The questions one needs to ask you is 
. where did the scripture say Abraham built an image.?
even if God's name is not jehovah, would that make it right for Abraham to build and image for worship?
did Abraham build an image for worship?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2017
johnw74:

antichrist dolphinheart

of course just the same old repeated lies and confusion over and over again
denying the lord Jesus Christ and the Bible.

whenever I tell you something, I usually quote the scriptures to support what I say

I don't have a problem with Bible translations other than the NWT
but you do and you pit translations against translations, particularly against the KJV Bible, such is the evil of satans church
then you should have no problem believing the translations I quoted who had removed the false words added by the false scribes to support the false trinity doctrine.

I do not pit translations against translations, if the translations are the same, then their can be no pitting, but if they are differentering, then their is something wrong, a sincere person will search for what is wrong and get to know which one is true and which one is false, it is clear that both different translations cannot be true.

Where God is speaking in revelation, it is the Word Jesus Christ, plain as day,
but you lie lie dolphinheart choose darkness
Good that you now admit that God spoke in the book of revelation.
The one who is who was and who is to come is almighty God, jesus is not that one.
God gave the revelation to jesus , jesus is not God who gave the revelation to jesus.
In revelation, jesus has a God he calls my God, almighty God does not have a God superior to him.

This of course is Jesus again speaking in revelation, to you
Truly this is the record of the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, to you lie lie dolphinheart:
Good you stated those 2 sources.

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Good, so stop doing those things!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
FULL TEXT OF MY POST BEFORE IT WAS HEAVELY ERASED
"read verse one and see who gave Jesus the revelation

English Standard Version
NET Bible
New Heart English Bible
Darby Bible Translation
English Revised Version

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

johnw74:

To be accurate no man can see Father and live, as verses below show.
unfortunately for you, the verse did not say father, look below:
we all know it is Jehovah talking here :
Ex 33:20But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.”

People saw Jesus and lived, no one can see Jehovah and live, one more evidence to show that Jesus is not Jehovah.

good that you can admit that no man can see Father and live, or can you?
read slowly what I said :

good for you to realise that John did not say he saw God, John saw Jesus, no man can see God and live
don't try to give my statements different wordings. I used "God" the way the scriptures used it, so that we can identify who God is.

so can you now admit that it is the Word of God who is speaking in these verses and who appeared to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, and whose name is God Almighty, Yahweh
can you now admit that it is the Word of God and not the Father speaking and who appeared?
NO! I cannot admit to false teachings. The one who appeared to abraham and Jacob is Almighty God, whose name is Jehovah.
Ex 6:2Then God said to Moses: “I am Jehovah
Ex 6:3And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.[/quote]

Jehovah is Almighty God, Jehovah alone is also the most high
[b]Ps 83:18May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, [color=blue]You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of [b]God Almighty
, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

We know that Jesus is not the most high, the scriptures say he is the " son of the most high"

we all know that jehovah is almighty God and most high, we also know that jesus sits at the right hand of God, who is most high, almighty God, majesty on high. This knowledge helps us to understand this verses below .
Ps 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.
Eph 1:20which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
Heb 12:2as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Referring to Father:
Joh 1:18  [b]No man hath seen God at any time
; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
As you yourself has seen, the father is God and not Jesus. no wonder Jesus could say this
[b]Joh 20:17Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
Joh 14:28You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
Joh 16:28 I came as the Father’s representative and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and am going to the Father.”

No wonder the disciples could say this :
1Co 11:3But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.
Eph 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,[/blue] may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him.
Col 1:3 [color=blue]We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
when we pray for you,

YOU READ THE SCRIPTURES ABOVE AND YOU FAILED TO REALISE THAT GOD IS THE FATHER, THE FATHER OF JESUS, THAT THE FATHER IS JEHOVAH WHO NO ONE HAS SEEN OR CAN SEE AND LIVE!. THAT IT IS GOD THAT SENT HIS SON AS HIS REPRESENTATIVE, GOD BEING THE FATHER AND THE SON BEING JESUS, HIS SERVANT.

you refuse this straight forward verses only to follow verses which you had alter or propose derived analogy about so as to arrive at a false doctrine.

Joh 6:46Not that any man has seen the Father, except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.
can the one who is from God be the same God as the one who he is from?

Joh 5:37  And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

You just indicated that the father sent Jesus, the scriptures indicated that God sent Jesus and you can't put two and two together!

Joh 6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Referring to Father:
1Ti 6:16  Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Referring to Father:
1Jn 4:12  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
no one can see Jehovah and live, no one has seen the father, no one has seen God at anytime, yet you could not decipher that this is referring to the same person , that the father is Jehovah that the father is God almighty, that the father is greater that Jesus, that the father is the most high God.

You could not decipher that Jesus was seen and heard, Jesus was sent by the father, Jesus was sent by God, Jesus called the father his God. You could not use this info ton realise that Jesus is not the father, Jesus is not God almighty, Jesus is subjected to God, Jesus does his father's will, Jesus is not Jehovah.

No man has ever seen the Father, yet God appeared to men, it was God the Word that became the Lord Jesus Christ who spoke and appeared to men.
Yahweh of the old Testament is the Word of God-the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

no one can see Jehovah, no one can see God, no one has seen God, no one can see Jehovah and yet live. This facts can be found in the scriptures.
If Jesus is God and Jesus is Jehovah, thenot it means that those scriptures are lying. but since we know that Jesus is not God who sent hime to earth, that Jesus is not the father who sent him as his representative, and that Jesus is not Jehovah who prophesied about him as his servant, then those verses are telling us the truth
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by DoctorAlien(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart,

The Bible says no man has seen GOD at any time. Jesus adds that they have neither seen Him, nor heard His voice at any time in John 5:37. Exod. 24:10 says the leaders of Israel saw the GOD of Israel. Who did they see? Who was that who spoke the law on mount Sinai?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
Johnw74, I know you are making several posts mentioning my moniker, but as long as you do so while editing my posts, I will not respond to you, if I'm to respond, I'll just probably show you the parts of my post you removed.
I'll not bring myself to that level.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:
dolphinheart,

The Bible says no man has seen GOD at any time. Exod. 24:10 says the leaders of Israel saw the GOD of Israel. Who did they see?

are you trying to say that the scriptures is lying? If not then why are you asking such questions?
its either one sees believes no man has seen God or man has seen God, you cannot have both!
So if you accept that it's true that no man has seen God at anytime, then the leaders of isreal did not see God, they did not see Jehovah and live!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by DoctorAlien(m): 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:

are you trying to say that the scriptures is lying? If not then why are you asking such questions?
its either one sees believes no man has seen God or man has seen God, you cannot have both!
So if you accept that it's true that no man has seen God at anytime, then the leaders of isreal did not see God, they did not see Jehovah and live!

Why are you charging me with the crime of making the Scripture appear to be lying? Have you no answer for my question?

If you don't have any answer for now, you can go and think about it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
johnw74:

duh dum mall

ha ha, that what you say, is from the horses mouth, tell them your self,
you are one of them, apostates that is, the jehovahs witness sect

cheesy
Hahahahahhahha! I was actually waiting for that hypocritical "apostates that is, the jehovahs witness sect" Very easy to spot an apostate. Some say this is a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle or abandoning a religious or political belief or principle. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Apostates are those who fall away from the true faith, abandoning what they formerly professed to believe. The term describes those whose beliefs are so deficient as to place them outside the pale of true Christianity. For example, a liberal denomination that denies the authority of Scripture or the ransoming value of Christ's blood is an apostate denomination.

True Christians do not apostatize. Those who fall away into apostasy demonstrate that their faith was never real to begin with (1 John 2:19).
Now where do you place yourself? Because the definition sticks wink wink wink

Kontinue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
dolphinheart:

It baffles me many times when response are giving to question asked and the individual asking the question can't think deep enough to decipher that the answer requested had been supplied. Isn't it simple enough. You see God = Death. Yet some believe some saw God and live. Perhaps God is the liar here.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by stancydg: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
Interesting discourse. John 14:7-9 takes care of this issue.

In that passage, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself was a bit surprised that His disciples had not decoded the mystery, because He had just said the same thing in verse 7, yet Philip wasn't satisfied in verse 8. So, He had to repeat the answer in verse 9. Take a read...

7If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him.

8Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father [cause us to see the Father--that is all we ask]; then we shall be satisfied.

9Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?

You see...Last sentence. How can you be seeing the Father and still asking The Father to show you The Father?

You see, we are made in God's image. We have our spirits, souls and bodies. The Holyspirit is God's Spirit, and Jesus Christ on the earth was God in the flesh(body)...I.e the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us. So, in order for human understanding to capture the mystery, Jesus Christ always referred to God as the Father. Therefore, the flesh part becomes the Son and the Spirit is the Holyspirit. That was the reason Philip was still confused. He didn't comprehend Jesus' word use, cos the Lord spoke in parables most times. On one such ocassion, the disciples had to ask Him for expo privately and despite the fact that He was amazed at their lack of comprehension, He said, it was given to them to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. So, in John 14:9, like He did before, Jesus Christ made it plain once and for all.

That is my personal belief based on my studies by the Holyspirit. I had always loved the JW, studied their materials since childhood. When I discovered this objection, I had to re- examine my interest in their writings. Saying Jesus is not coequal with God, is almost reducing Christianity to a mere religion, which it isn't. Christianity properly defined, is partaking of the Divine Nature. Jesus Nature is absolutely divine and everyone who believes in Him partakes of that nature. That is why Christianity isn't about a set of dos and don'ts, that ended in the old, imperfect covenant.

So, I advise readers to do their personal studies with the help of the Holyspirit. Thanks.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
Expect them to come and explain using the primary, secondary and tertiary analogies nature of God to back up there claims.
Jesus said
Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
When Jesus was speaking in the scriptures above while still on the earth what nature was he?A. Primary B. Secondary C. Tertiary
According to Jesus words, in what nature will he be back in heaven. A. Primary B. Secondary C. Tertiary
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:44am On Jan 02, 2017
themall:

Hahahahahhahha! I was actually waiting for that hypocritical "apostates that is, the jehovahs witness sect" Very easy to spot an apostate. Some say this is a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle or abandoning a religious or political belief or principle. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Apostates are those who fall away from the true faith, abandoning what they formerly professed to believe. The term describes those whose beliefs are so deficient as to place them outside the pale of true Christianity. For example, a liberal denomination that denies the authority of Scripture or the ransoming value of Christ's blood is an apostate denomination.

True Christians do not apostatize. Those who fall away into apostasy demonstrate that their faith was never real to begin with (1 John 2:19).
Now where do you place yourself? Because the definition sticks wink wink wink

Kontinue

duh, dum mall

@blue, ha ha, no, not only those who fall away from the true faith are apostates, cheesy

an apostate is one who falls away from his faith no matter what that faith was,

Dictionary dot com
"apostate"
a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, principles, party, cause, etc.

however when I call you and your brothers in satan, apostates
it's because a percentage of you false jw's were Christians before becoming antichrists
so they are now apostates from Christianity
those who left other faiths are apostates to those other faiths
those of you who had no previous faith of course are not then apostate to it.

but like you they are all antichrists, that's much more than enough to have you thrown into the lake of fire.

come on now mally stop your crying smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:04am On Jan 02, 2017
dolphinheart:
Johnw74, I know you are making several posts mentioning my moniker, but as long as you do so while editing my posts, I will not respond to you, if I'm to respond, I'll just probably show you the parts of my post you removed.
I'll not bring myself to that level.

antichrist dolphinheart

You don't reply to many of my posts because many of your replies are just repeated twisting-lies and confusion etc. etc.
if you wasn't so un ashameable you wouldnt post at all, ever smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Miracles Through Prayers" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 268
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.