Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,189 members, 7,860,262 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (378460 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 16, 2018
brocab:
Have you tried reading your bible, maybe then you wouldn't judge which doctrines that have conflicting teachings!
Your bible only cares about the little things in life-your bible holds to much confusion most of it doesn't make any sense!
If your bible taught the truth, I am sure we wouldn't be having this conversation-after reading some of the NWT bible I find your bible had agreed upon some truths "They shall call Him Emmanuel which means "With Us is God!
And where is JW wisdom when all they do is Judge everybody else?
It was the Watchtower that changed the Word of God, because the JW's believes Jesus is Michael the archangel, the Seven day Adventist changed the Word of God, they also believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the Morons changed the Word of God, they believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, all 3 came out of one religion! What did Christ mean by this verse?
{Hebrews 1:13} But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
He means He Jesus is not a angel, and now you believe Jehovah now have a spirit, how does his spirit work as an act force?
It's simple! Some religious groups are saying Jesus is Michael the archangel but some disagreed with that. So let each continue preaching and teaching what they know or " what they thought they know" and time will tell who's FAITH is able to withstand the test of time! That's what Jesus Himself said(Matthew 13:30 compared to Revelations 22:11) And that's exactly what Christians are supposed to do,it's either you preach peacefully in your neighborhood and help your fellowman to realise his errors or you walk away gently when he arrogantly brags upon nothing!
Jehovah's Witnesses highly regards Jesus' comments that's why we don't worry over those who thought they knew much more than us,so we move quickly to the ones who feel like knowing the message we're trying to pass across. Jesus won't disturb other religious groups from practicing what they feel it's right, that's why He sent us to "individuals" in their homes. Matthew 10:11-15 wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Not some religious Groups are saying Jesus is Michael the archangel, your religious Group is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5KQHf8fX0
I rest my case!
TATIME:
It's simple! Some religious groups are saying Jesus is Michael the archangel but some disagreed with that. So let each continue preaching and teaching what they know or " what they thought they know" and time will tell who's FAITH is able to withstand the test of time! That's what Jesus Himself said(Matthew 13:30 compared to Revelations 22:11) And that's exactly what Christians are supposed to do,it's either you preach peacefully in your neighborhood and help your fellowman to realise his errors or you walk away gently when he arrogantly brags upon nothing!
Jehovah's Witnesses highly regards Jesus' comments that's why we don't worry over those who thought they knew much more than us,so we move quickly to the ones who feel like knowing the message we're trying to pass across. Jesus won't disturb other religious groups from practicing what they feel it's right, that's why He sent us to "individuals" in their homes. Matthew 10:11-15 wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 16, 2018
brocab:
Not some religious Groups are saying Jesus is Michael the archangel, your religious Group is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5KQHf8fX0
I rest my case!
You just like arguing my friend. When i said some religious groups are saying something, of course my own also will say our own!
So whatever any religious group say for now is not what anyone can stop until Jesus Himself comes to tell us who is right and who is wrong. What i'm saying is everyone should be free to express themselves until the King comes to pass the judgment. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we believe God created angels in heaven and humans on earth. Psalms 115:16 The first Angel to be created is Jesus (Michael) and the first man was Adam. While Michael participated in creating all other heavenly beings. Proverbs 8:22-31
Adam was given the responsibility to reproduce and fill the earth. Genesis 1:28
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 6:16am On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
You only need to humble yourself to acquire wisdom. When Paul wrote "all churches of the saints" in modern day English that simply means "all the congregations of the holy ones". So Paul was referring to congregations in different places like the congregation of God in Rome,Corinth, Galatea, Ephesus, Philippi, Colossae, Thessalonica and other distant lands just as we "JWs" are having our congregations in most distant lands and we're teaching THE SAME THING. 1Corinthian 1:10 compared to Philippians 2:2
Not when you're having different religious groups with contradicting doctrines and conflicting in the SAME STREET, with noisy megaphones calling for customers any yet claiming they all belong to one Lord.
So it's only those who love disorder and deceit that finds it hard to realise this can't be TRUE because even a deaf can EASILY see with his eyes that they don't belong to the right god! 2Corinthians 2:2 undecided undecided

oh lying false jw tat, truly paul was not talking about all the congregations of the same church,
or all the congregations of the false jw's church

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

churches means different churches, not different congregations of the same church

they were scattered afar and had doctrinal differences, for instance the Churches in philadelphia and laodicea
were not different congregations of the same church, but were clearly different denominations of the christian church

To the Church in Philadelphia, who endure in God's word

Rev 3:7  And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 
Rev 3:8  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 
Rev 3:9  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 
Rev 3:10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 
Rev 3:11  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 
Rev 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 
Rev 3:13  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 

To the Church in Laodicea, who hold to the doctrine-gospel of prosperity

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 
Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 
Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 
Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 
Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 
Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 
Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:42am On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
You only need to ask thought provoking questions tactfully my friend and you'll get a straight forward reply to grasp what happened.
Peter preached to those who ran towards him to understand what happened and in order not to leave them without something to ponder over,he must say something to them. What true Christians don't do is "forcing people to hear something without the consent of the audience". You'll notice that in well organized public transport like the BRT,it's boldly written "no hawking or PREACHING" because that's not an appropriate place for such. Yet if you are discussing with the next person beside you,you can ship in some words from what you know regarding God's word without disturbing others. Everyone has something to think with their brains every time so you must ask for their permission before you change what they're thinking in order not to offend them. But when someone or some people rush towards you due to something that surprises them,then you have no option than to explain what happened TO THOSE WHO HAVE COME WILLINGLY to be your audience. Matthew 5:1,2
Please that's what preaching TRULY means and not just making noise in the streets and inside public transport only to disturb UNWILLING audience.
Jesus will NEVER force people to listen to what He knows might not even interest them and that's exactly what He taught His followers and expected of them! Matthew 12:18,19 undecided undecided

Peter didn't just tell them things they wanted to hear, he preached Jesus to them and that is preaching in public my friend and interesting enough you didn't defend Acts 14: 7-18 Where Paul and Barnabas preached in the cities of Lystra in public

In Acts 8:5-8 Philip preached in the city of Samaria and the people with one accord gave heed unto what Philip said..

You lack the understanding of the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ, don't you know that a law that enforces no preaching in public areas is a form of persecution of Christians? Do you also not know that going around and entering into homes and preaching to individuals on the street is a form of public preaching? Obviously you won't understand because you are taught not to take education serious...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
You just like arguing my friend. When i said some religious groups are saying something, of course my own also will say our own!
So whatever any religious group say for now is not what anyone can stop until Jesus Himself comes to tell us who is right and who is wrong. What i'm saying is everyone should be free to express themselves until the King comes to pass the judgment. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we believe God created angels in heaven and humans on earth. Psalms 115:16 The first Angel to be created is Jesus (Michael) and the first man was Adam. While Michael participated in creating all other heavenly beings. Proverbs 8:22-31
Adam was given the responsibility to reproduce and fill the earth. Genesis 1:28

Did PSALMS 115:16 say the first angel to be created is Jesus (Michael)? Why do you guys lie, which part of that verse says anything about angels? And even worse that Jesus is Michael...

Why do you blapheme?

John 1:1-3, we are told that Jesus is God not a god which is stupidity to the highest when you read the other verses that follow, verse 2 says that the Word was in the beginning with God, question is which beginning, since it's not specific and time related then we say it's eternity, for in the beginning He was there with God, now verse 3 goes on to say ALL THINGS (all created things) came into being through Him, not all other things which will purpose that He himself was created, but says ALL THINGS, and without Him was not anything made that was made... NADA, nothing was made without Him. So He created all things Including Angels and the heaven and the world and universe...

To further refute your claim it is said in the book of Hebrews 1:5 that unto which of the angels said he at anytime, Thou art my Son, this day have i begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father and He shall be to me a Son? Going uno verse 6 to 7 God commands that all angels worship him..and it went ahead to tell us all angels are nothing but ministering spirits.... so it's such blasphemeous to say Jesus was an angel..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. 14 All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. [b]16 come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

We see that Yahweh is the speaker from chapter 48, and Yahweh made some bold or confusing statements by saying in vs 16 that Yahweh and His Spirit sent Him Yahweh, confusing right? How can Yahweh and His Spirit send Yahweh? undecided undecided... unless there's a Godhead, The Father, The Son (obviously the speaker here) and the Holy Spirit...

Still waiting for a rebuttal to this... Why are you guys scared??
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. 14 All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. [b]16 come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

We see that Yahweh is the speaker from chapter 48, and Yahweh made some bold or confusing statements by saying in vs 16 that Yahweh and His Spirit sent Him Yahweh, confusing right? How can Yahweh and His Spirit send Yahweh?  ... unless there's a Godhead, The Father, The Son (obviously the speaker here) and the Holy Spirit...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. 14 All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. [b]16 come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

We see that Yahweh is the speaker from chapter 48, and Yahweh made some bold or confusing statements by saying in vs 16 that Yahweh and His Spirit sent Him Yahweh, confusing right? How can Yahweh and His Spirit send Yahweh?  ... unless there's a Godhead, The Father, The Son (obviously the speaker here) and the Holy Spirit...

Cherry picking are duz U no good.
"By the power of his spirit, the LORD GOD has sent me". (CEV)

"And now the Sovereign Lord has sent me, endowed with his spirit" (NIV)

"The LORD GOD has sent me, accompanied by his spirit" (BSB)

" Now the Lord Yahweh has sent me, with his spirit" (WEB)

Isaiah 48:16 are pour San San for the garri of Trinitarian claims U dey yarn for here.
KJV has many forgeries & spurious insertions , that's why peddlers of Trinity fancy it so much.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
OneJ:

Isaiah 48:16 are pour San San for the garri of Trinitarian claims U dey yarn for here.
KJV has many forgeries & spurious insertions , that's why peddlers of Trinity fancy it so much.

grin grin grin are we not saying the same thing? undecided undecided undecided, Now the Lord Yahweh has sent me, with His Spirit (WEB)

And now the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has sent me, and his spirit (NWT) that's your own bible...

Now it seems you didn't even take your time to read the scripture, who do you think is the speaker here?

It's like you are in lower grade where we need to teach you how to read and analyse things correctly and carefully, so take your time and read again for the benefit of the doubt that you don't know what you are saying....

Yahweh is the speaker and Yahweh said Yahweh and His Spirit sent Him Yahweh, that is the point i am making

So who is this Yawhwh speaking? And who is this Yahweh the sender? And how is this Spirit also the sender?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

Peter didn't just tell them things they wanted to hear, he preached Jesus to them and that is preaching in public my friend and interesting enough you didn't defend Acts 14: 7-18 Where Paul and Barnabas preached in the cities of Lystra in public

In Acts 8:5-8 Philip preached in the city of Samaria and the people with one accord gave heed unto what Philip said..

You lack the understanding of the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ, don't you know that a law that enforces no preaching in public areas is a form of persecution of Christians? Do you also not know that going around and entering into homes and preaching to individuals on the street is a form of public preaching? Obviously you won't understand because you are taught not to take education serious...

Waiting for a response...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

Did PSALMS 115:16 say the first angel to be created is Jesus (Michael)? Why do you guys lie, which part of that verse says anything about angels? And even worse that Jesus is Michael...

Why do you blapheme?

John 1:1-3, we are told that Jesus is God not a god which is stupidity to the highest when you read the other verses that follow, verse 2 says that the Word was in the beginning with God, question is which beginning, since it's not specific and time related then we say it's eternity, for in the beginning He was there with God, now verse 3 goes on to say ALL THINGS (all created things) came into being through Him, not all other things which will purpose that He himself was created, but says ALL THINGS, and without Him was not anything made that was made... NADA, nothing was made without Him. So He created all things Including Angels and the heaven and the world and universe...

To further refute your claim it is said in the book of Hebrews 1:5 that unto which of the angels said he at anytime, Thou art my Son, this day have i begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father and He shall be to me a Son? Going uno verse 6 to 7 God commands that all angels worship him..and it went ahead to tell us all angels are nothing but ministering spirits.... so it's such blasphemeous to say Jesus was an angel..

That's why i said it's not for argument my friend, blasphemy is a crime not against the law of men but against God HIMSELF.
So let God be the judge. For the main time keep doing all within your power to save souls by preaching and teaching what you knew,and don't forget that Jesus and His disciples never disturb other religious groups from practicing what they thought is right. In fact He Jesus said "let them grow together until the time of harvest". Therefore you can only preach to those who feel the need for insight, as for those who feels they're already learned there is nothing you can do about them!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
johnw47:

oh lying false jw tat, truly paul was not talking about all the congregations of the same church,

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

churches means different churches, not different congregations of the same church

they were scattered afar and had doctrinal differences, for instance the Churches in philadelphia and laodicea
were not different congregations of the same church, but were clearly different denominations of the christian church

Rev 3:7  And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 
Rev 3:8  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 
Rev 3:9  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 
Rev 3:10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 
Rev 3:11  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 
Rev 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 
Rev 3:13  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 
Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 
Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 
Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 
Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 
Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 
Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Na wa ooooooooo you're quoting 1Corinthians 14:33, but it just baffles me that your god claims to be the same God of the Bible that is not for confusion, yet he harbors different religious groups with contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings all in the name of one lord. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

If you agree that going from house to house is a form of PUBLIC PREACHING, then why can't you grasp the fact that true Christians only preached to willing listeners and not DISTURBING passersby with noise? Why not interpret what the scripture said about Jesus? Matthew 12:19 Then explain how His followers can follow His footsteps (not been heard in the streets)without omitting any of His techniques?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

Waiting for a response...
True Christians aren't for arguments my friend( Philippians 2:14, Colossians 2:4,Titus 3:9)
So if you're having much to say about Jesus(Luke 6:45) you can go preaching and teaching willing listeners if you are fully competent and adequately equipped with the attributes of true Christians without getting angered at them,just like Jehovah's Witnesses who are often accused and criticized during our public witnessing yet remaining calm. 1Peter 3:15 cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
That's why i said it's not for argument my friend, blasphemy is a crime not against the law of men but against God HIMSELF.
So let God be the judge. For the main time keep doing all within your power to save souls by preaching and teaching what you knew,and don't forget that Jesus and His disciples never disturb other religious groups from practicing what they thought is right. In fact He Jesus said "let them grow together until the time of harvest". Therefore you can only preach to those who feel the need for insight, as for those who feels they're already learned there is nothing you can do about them!

grin grin grin well well seems you have nothing else to say, we are here to show you how you err and deviate from the truth of the Lord, if you were wise you would take this things serious, our source is none other than the scriptures, so please my friend go down on your knees and ask the Lord to open your eyes before it's too late for you. Why do you fight the Word, why do your organization change scripture to suite their believes and doctrine.

Why do say Christ is an angel when the very Bible says He's not. I am only doing this to save your soul from eternal damnation, only you will give account for your life before the Almighty not your church.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
True Christians aren't for arguments my friend( Philippians 2:14, Colossians 2:4,Titus 3:9)
So if you're having much to say about Jesus(Luke 6:45) you can go preaching and teaching willing listeners if you are fully competent and adequately equipped with the attributes of true Christians without getting angered at them,just like Jehovah's Witnesses who are often accused and criticized during our public witnessing yet remaining calm. 1Peter 3:15 cheesy cheesy

Acts 15:1-2 ESV
But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved." And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.

Acts 17:1-34 ESV
Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.” And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a great many of the devout Greeks and not a few of the leading women. But the Jews were jealous, and taking some wicked men of the rabble, they formed a mob, set the city in an uproar, and attacked the house of Jason, seeking to bring them out to the crowd. ...

Acts 18:27‭-‬28 ESV
And when he wished to cross to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed, for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, showing by the Scriptures that the Christ was Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:24-25 ESV
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth

Titus 1:9 ESV
He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

2 Timothy 4:1-22 ESV
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. ..

Ephesians 5:11 ESV
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them..

We see Paul and Barnabas in Acts 15 disputing bitterly with a some sects of the Jews that taught contrary to the gospels

Acts 17 we saw Paul and Silas seriously proving the case for Christ in the synagogue.

Acts 18 we saw how Apollos was defending Christ publicly

Paul admonishes Timothy (tim 2:24-25) to correct his opponents with gentleness and that perhaps God will bring them to repentance

Paul instructing Titus(Titus 1:7-9) on the office of bishop said bishop must be able to rebuke those who contradict the truth

Paul again teaches Timothy to rebuke,exhort and reprove those who will deviate from the truth and follow their itchy ears after demonic doctrines

Ephesians we are admonish to expose any works of darkness

So scripture doesn't forbid we defend the gospel, Nay we are told to do it in a sober and peaceful manner...

I suggest you take your time to read through since it's difficult for you lots to so that..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
Na wa ooooooooo you're quoting 1Corinthians 14:33, but it just baffles me that your god claims to be the same God of the Bible that is not for confusion, yet he harbors different religious groups with contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings all in the name of one lord. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You think like a Child.... Why did God then choose different people to preach His word? He could have just used one... We see different apostles with different understanding to the gospels etc but nonetheless Christ Allowed it. We see Peter saying Paul's words are sometimes difficult to grasp (2peter 3:15-16) etc so even they had their differences... but we need to make sure they are all preaching upon the foundation of Christ. Now based in that foundation of Christ and the Apostles, we preach and teach what they command not contrary to it.. anybody who does contrary to that is said to be cursed even if it's an angel (gal 1:6-9)

So becareful the gospel you receive..God be with you..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin are we not saying the same thing? undecided undecided undecided, Now the Lord Yahweh has sent me, with His Spirit (WEB)

And now the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has sent me, and his spirit (NWT) that's your own bible...

Now it seems you didn't even take your time to read the scripture, who do you think is the speaker here?

It's like you are in lower grade where we need to teach you how to read and analyse things correctly and carefully, so take your time and read again for the benefit of the doubt that you don't know what you are saying....

Yahweh is the speaker and Yahweh said Yahweh and His Spirit sent Him Yahweh, that is the point i am making

So who is this Yawhwh speaking? And who is this Yahweh the sender? And how is this Spirit also the sender?

Where is OneJ
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

Where is OneJ
Read Luke 4:18-21
you can find The explanation..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:

false jw tat, of course you are continually confused, with no understanding ,and of course you continue to not believe any of God's word that goes against your lying beliefs

believers are in all the christian churches
satans little helpers come from the false jw church, who believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is "a god' that is "a false god"
and that there are two god's, a almighty god, and a mighty god, and that Jesus body wasn't raised
your beliefs just to mention a few are pathetic, of course

Proverbs 30:5-6

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

you false jw's add to His words and are found to be liars very often, but are blinded to the truth:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
johnw47:

Mumu wey no know the meaning of "Church" & "Congregation".
Your brain needs deliverance... Lol.

Did U actually read & study Rev 3:12 &21 ?
Both verses confirmed that your Trinity doctrine & your brain are corrupted with mumu virus.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
TATIME:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

^^^ the mark of the fool: laughing at post based on God's word

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
OneJ:

Mumu wey no know the meaning of "Church" & "Congregation".
Your brain needs deliverance... Lol.

Did U actually read & study Rev 3:12 &21 ?
Both verses confirmed that your Trinity doctrine & your brain are corrupted with mumu virus.

poor tormented onej, father of mumu's,
of course you know nothing and like tat don't believe God
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
OneJ:

of course cherry picking does no good, because you and tat have shown that
you don't believe any of what God said that goes against your false beliefs
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
OneJ:

zodiakzax:

The placement of the comma (,) in both NWT and WEB, that in itself has explained what that Isaiah 48: 16 really means.- Yahweh gave his spirit (to endow, empower) the one Yahweh has sent.
For clarity, I had to post different renditions of that scripture, but your mind & heart is foreclosed to see it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
zodiakzax:

Where is OneJ

hiding, hoping you will go away

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2018
when paul was talking about churches of the saints, he certainly wasn't talking
of a prelude to the false jw church there

beliefs of Jesus being "a god" - "a false god"
and there being two god's, a almighty God and a mighty god
and Jesus body not being resurrected
these are all foreign to paul, and are not in God's word
paul would rightly like me, call that church the church of satan:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Crysthaniel:

Read Luke 4:18-21
you can find The explanation..

Do you think we are joking here? What has luke 4 got to do with the text in question? If you can't come up with anything know that you decieve yourselves. Isaiah 48 clearly talks about the truine God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
johnw47:

poor tormented onej, father of mumu's, of course you know nothing and like tat don't believe God
Author of mumu posts. U have cited Rev 3:7-22 What did Rev 3:12,14,21 say about your mumu doctrine, Trinity ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
johnw47:

when paul was talking about churches of the saints, he certainly wasn't talking
of a prelude to the false jw church there

beliefs of Jesus being "a god" - "a false god"
and there being two god's, a almighty God and a mighty god
and Jesus body not being resurrected
these are all foreign to paul, and are not in God's word
paul would rightly like me, call that church the church of satan:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So in effect they beleive in 2 gods, but that's a problem because Yahweh said He's the only God and apart from Him there's none.. so this then makes Christ a false god then...

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
OneJ:

The placement of the comma (,) in both NWT and WEB, that in itself has explained what that Isaiah 48: 16 really means.- Yahweh gave his spirit (to endow, empower) the one Yahweh has sent.
For clarity, I had to post different renditions of that scripture, but your mind & heart is foreclosed to see it.

So Yahweh gave His Spirit to Yahweh according to you, okay let's just say you are right, so we have two Yahwehs in question here right? The one being sent and the other the sender.. so how come there are two Yahwehs? Kindly explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Answering God's Call / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.