Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,542 members, 7,830,624 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (374701 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
johnw47:
onej TATIME haywizzy007

scriptures tell us that God is the True God, jer 10:10
so if "a god" is not the true God, then "a god" is a false God

and so you false jw's make the Word-Jesus Christ to be a false god

according to your false jw's false beliefs:
all that was created by the Word, john 1:3, was created by a false god,
and the saviour of the world Jesus christ, john 4:42, is a false god

but then your false jw's teachings are from your father the devil:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

when you speak lies you are just speaking naturally, like your daddy

Mumu post from a mumu brain.

Greek theos means "god", "goddess" or "God"
. No difference.
.The manuscripts rendition is in lowercase letters, not capital letters in the new testament (NT).

"theos " = god is very correct.
It is the Bible translators who placed big letter "God" in the NT.
In the Greek manuscripts, Acts 12:22 ("..voice of god"wink, Acts 28:6 ("he was god"wink , John 1:1c ("and god was the word"wink.
Check any English Bible, (except NWT, Sahidic Coptic Bible & a few others) none of them used " god" in John 1:1c.

In John 1:1c , "and a god was the word" is very correct in as much as Acts 12:22(KJV) "voice of god" was translated as "voice of a god".
For the same reason that Acts28: 6(KJV) "he was god" was translated as. "he was a god"

Mumu brain dey deceive himself & him mumu doctrine crew.
Them no know say theos is god, goddess.
God ,god or goddess na the something for Greek language.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 12:34am On Nov 09, 2018
OneJ:

. No difference.
.The manuscripts rendition is in lowercase letters, not capital letters in the new testament (NT).

In the Greek manuscripts, Acts 12:22 ("..voice of god"wink, Acts 28:6 ("he was god"wink , John 1:1c ("and god was the word"wink.
Check any English Bible, (except NWT, Sahidic Coptic Bible & a few others) none of them used " god" in John 1:1c.

In John 1:1c , "and a god was the word" is very correct in as much as Acts 12:22(KJV) "voice of god" was translated as "voice of a god".
For the same reason that Acts28: 6(KJV) "he was god" was translated as. "he was a god"

Bro Abeg leave then alone.. anyone that claims that John 1:1 meant that Jesus is God should explain these Bible verses
1.john1:18
2.proverbs 8:22-36
3.john 3:16
4.john 7:15-16
5.john 8:28-29
6.john 13:3
7.john 14:28
8.john 16:28
9.john 20:17
10.Acts 4:24-30

Even if you can Wikipedia the John 1:1 you Will see that earlier translators render Jesus as a god because
1.He came from Heaven John 3:13 this is correct because Satan is also called the 'god of this system of things' coz him too came from Heaven 2corinthians 4:4 , Revelation 12:9
2.jesus is also exalted to a position that is even higher than what he was formally ..So many things that Jehovah has entrusted him to handle please read 1corintians 15:20-28

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:05am On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:
Bro Abeg leave then alone.. anyone that claims that John 1:1 meant that Jesus is God should explain these Bible verses
2.proverbs 8:22-36
3.john 3:16
4.john 7:15-16
5.john 8:28-29
6.john 13:3
7.john 14:28
8.john 16:28
9.john 20:17
10.Acts 4:24-30

Even if you can Wikipedia the John 1:1 you Will see that earlier translators render Jesus as a god because
1.He came from Heaven John 3:13 this is correct because Satan is also called the 'god of this system of things' coz him too came from Heaven 2corinthians 4:4 , Revelation 12:9
2.jesus is also exalted to a position that is even higher than what he was formally ..So many things that Jehovah has entrusted him to handle please read 1corintians 15:20-28

oh duh cry

Joh 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

the Word(a spirit is God) He became flesh(the Son of God)
people saw the man(Son) they never saw the Spirit(God)

proverbs 8:22-36
tells of when there was nothing but God, God bought forth wisdom-the Word from Himself
the Word had a beginning seperate from God, but being God's Spirit He always existed in God
God and the Word is God.

now go and see if you can understand the other verses by yourself,
ha, of course you cannot but to bad for you, i don't help antichrists,
i give a little for the benefit of others reading
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:16am On Nov 09, 2018
brocab:
{John 1:1} NWT Bible In the beginning was the Word, a and the Word was with God, b and the Word was a god.c

Very correct rendition of John 1:1.

"In the beginning existed the word, and the word existed with the god ,and a god was the word"
Sahidic Coptic Bible,2nd century translation.

The KJV, NIV, AMP version of John 1:1 is fake ,twisted & misleading on various levels.

1). Grammatically fraudulent.
"The word was with God" John 1:1b
"and the word was God"
"The word" is one spirit entity. God is another spirit entity,that is two spirit beings.
The two different spirit beings who were side by side (John 1:18) can not be a single spirit being (God).

2) Spiritually fraudulent.
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" Says the Holy One, Yahweh." Isaiah 40:25.
In the spiritual realm Yahweh is Supreme, without any equal. No wonder, Christ called Him "the only true God (John 17:3).

3) No two humans are exactly alike in everything ,not even twins !
Each one is unique & different from the other.
The same holds true in the spiritual realm (based on (2) above,. Every spirit being is unique.

4) The personal testimony of Jesus Christ, & his followers(Matt 16:13-17.John 7:16. Acts 3:13. John 20:30,31. 1 cor11:3. 15:24-27. Rev 3:12,21). contradicts all the twists, forgeries and distortion perpetuated by peddlers of mumu false doctrine.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:20am On Nov 09, 2018
OneJ:

. No difference.

oh blinded onej you will never see it:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

the Word-Jesus is God, Father said so and you of course false jw don't believe Him

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

@blue and all that because i post the truth-God's word,
such a evil onej

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 2:03am On Nov 09, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh cry

Joh 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

the Word(a spirit is God) He became flesh(the Son of God)
people saw the man(Son) they never saw the Spirit(God)

proverbs 8:22-36
tells of when there was nothing but God, God bought forth wisdom-the Word from Himself
the Word had a beginning seperate from God, but being God's Spirit He always existed in God
God and the Word is God.

The word has a separate beginning from God How come then the word became God.. or you don't read verse 22 and 30 ?
the word Jesus has a beginning in fact according to the verse 22 Jehovah made Jesus first before other Creation verse 23
But Jehovah didn't have a beginning .. The Almighty
'the beginning is a Time' or the start of time as we know it
what about the other scriptures you can continue now let's hear what you have to say..
let me add Luke 4:18 join
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:41am On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:
The word has a separate beginning from God How come then the word became God.. or you don't read verse 22 and 30 ?
the word Jesus has a beginning in fact according to the verse 22 Jehovah made Jesus first before other Creation verse 23
But Jehovah didn't have a beginning .. The Almighty
'the beginning is a Time' or the start of time as we know it

confused twisting-lying false jw cry, the Word had a beginning separate from God, not the Word had a beginning

God didn't create the Word as you lie and say, He bought Him forth from Himself,
the Word is of God's own Spirit, God is a Spirit, God and the Word is God

you will never understand that, and deservedly so for antichrists who call Christ "a god" hence "a false god"

the main thing you false jw's have in common is that you lie, lie, lie

Crysthaniel: what about the other scriptures you can continue now let's hear what you have to say..

false jw cry, you don't believe the truth when you read it:

johnw47:

Crysthaniel: let me add Luke 4:18 join

oh duh, of course the spirit of the Lord was on Jesus Christ

let me add:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 3:46am On Nov 09, 2018
johnw47:

confused twisting-lying false jw cry, the Word had a beginning separate from God, not the Word had a beginning

God didn't create the Word as you lie and say, He bought Him forth from Himself,
the Word is of God's own Spirit, God is a Spirit, God and the Word is God

you will never understand that, and deservedly so for antichrists who call Christ "a god" hence "a false god"

the main thing you false jw's have in common is that you lie, lie, lie

false jw cry, you don't believe the truth when you read it:

oh duh, of course the spirit of the Lord was on Jesus Christ

let me add:
Explain the verses now..
Explain Acts 4 : 24-30
let's reason on How Peter and The apostles addresses Jehovah and his anointed servant Jesus
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 3:57am On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:

Explain the verses now..
Explain Acts 4 : 24-30
let's reason on How Peter and The apostles addresses Jehovah and his anointed servant Jesus

ask someone who cares about teaching satans mob:

there is no reasoning with antichrists

i have shown that the Word Jesus Christ is God-YAHWEH
and you false jw cry don't believe any of God's word that i have posted
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:32am On Nov 09, 2018
OneJ:

Crysthaniel , that man "hairyranpunzel" was disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation of Jehovah's witnesses.
He is an apostate. Number 16:1-3,20-27
1 cor 5:1-3,9-13.
Pls take note.

Crysthaniel:
oooh...I perceived that thanks Bro
#adjustedmyself

hairyranpunzel was disfellowshipped from the non Christian congregation of Jehovah's witnesses
so he is now departed from all false jw's satanic teachings, hopefully
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:41am On Nov 09, 2018
false jw crysthaniel, you false jw's also lie and say that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in

however Jesus said He would raise His boby:
Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 
Joh 2:20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 
Joh 2:21  But he spake of the temple of his body.

Joh 20:24  But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 
Joh 20:25  The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 
Joh 20:26  And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 
Joh 20:27  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 
Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  

but of course satans mob do not believe God and point to other verses that they also don't understand or believe the truth of

Jesus was raised in the same but glorified immortal body that died, just as all christians who have died will be raised in their glorified immortal bodies. christians that is, not false jw's

and those christians still alive will have their bodies changed to glorified immortal bodies

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 

1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2018
being non denominational is the only way to learn and know the truth
all organised religion have there own beliefs that they teach their congreations to believe
the congerations then think they have the truth, and reject even God's word
you false jw's are in the same boat as many others, but worse, not many others say the Saviour of the world is "a god" "a false god"
you are certainly of your father the devil: john 8:44
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 09, 2018
johnw47:
being non denominational is the only way to learn and know the truth
all organised religion have there own beliefs that they teach their congreations to believe
the congerations then think they have the truth, and reject even God's word
you false jw's are in the same boat as many others, but worse, not many others say the Saviour of the world is "a god" "a false god"
you are certainly of your father the devil: john 8:44
STUPIDITY of the highest grade! If all religious groups have their own beliefs and not the truth, then whose teaching are you updating,so that it's only Jehovah's Witnesses that's not correct for saying Jesus is different from JEHOVAH
Meanwhile Jesus said "Eli Eli lama sabach tani" i hope he WASN'T calling upon the one who has the power to deliver Him? Perhaps his own God .John 20:17 undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 9:54am On Nov 09, 2018
johnw47:

false jw crysthaniel, you false jw's also lie and say that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in

however Jesus said He would raise His boby:
Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 
Joh 2:20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 
Joh 2:21  But he spake of the temple of his body.

Joh 20:24  But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 
Joh 20:25  The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 
Joh 20:26  And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 
Joh 20:27  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  

but of course satans mob do not believe God and point to other verses that they also don't understand or believe the truth of

Jesus was raised in the same but glorified immortal body that died, just as all christians who have died will be raised in their glorified immortal bodies. christians that is, not false jw's

and those christians still alive will have their bodies changed to glorified immortal bodies

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 

1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

About Jesus resurrection read Colossians 1:18 1pet3:18 and 1corinthians 15:50
However, for 40 days after his resurrection Jesus appeared to his disciples on different occasions in various fleshly bodies, just as angels had appeared to men of ancient times. Like those angels, he had the power to construct and to disintegrate those fleshly bodies at will, for the purpose of proving visibly that he had been resurrected. (Mt 28:8-10, 16-20; Lu 24:13-32, 36-43; Joh 20:14-29; Ge 18:1, 2; 19:1; Jos 5:13-15; Jg 6:11, 12; 13:3, 13

about you saying that Jehovah's witnesses are Satans children but you seff think am read Isaiah 43:10-12
we bearing the name of the most high, how is it possible that we are now Satans children..I still don't understand why people Will think like this..
what I noticed is that you guys May have not even associate with us or even approached us at all ..what you hear you speak without having the facts. John 7:24
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:

However, for 40 days after his resurrection Jesus appeared to his disciples on different occasions in various fleshly bodies, just as angels had appeared to men of ancient times. Like those angels, he had the power to construct and to disintegrate those fleshly bodies at will, for the purpose of proving visibly that he had been resurrected. (Mt 28:8-10, 16-20; Lu 24:13-32, 36-43; Joh 20:14-29; Ge 18:1, 2; 19:1; Jos 5:13-15; Jg 6:11, 12; 13:3, 13

about you saying that Jehovah's witnesses are Satans children but you seff think am read Isaiah 43:10-12
we bearing the name of the most high, how is it possible that we are now Satans children..I still don't understand why people Will think like this..
what I noticed is that you guys May have not even associate with us or even approached us at all ..what you hear you speak without having the facts. John 7:24
They're Atheists! If anyone is claiming that God could be worshipped without congregating as in a group, what such a person is insinuating is "Atheism" which means everyone has their individual mindset regarding worship so that there won't be any need for UNISM. But the Bible never supported such, in fact Jesus said to Peter and the other Apostles "whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loosen on earth will be loosened in heaven" this means that whoever rejects the congregation of Peter and the Apostles is on the wrong side! So how can someone just wake up and said God made him a Christian without a group to associate with? But the same God will not do the same for others rather you're to speak to them. Is that not indirectly saying God is partial? cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2018
TATIME:
STUPIDITY of the highest grade! If all religious groups have their own beliefs and not the truth, then whose teaching are you updating,so that it's only Jehovah's Witnesses that's not correct for saying Jesus is different from JEHOVAH
Meanwhile Jesus said "Eli Eli lama sabach tani" i hope he WASN'T calling upon the one who has the power to deliver Him? Perhaps his own God .John 20:17 undecided undecided

Crysthaniel:

TATIME:
They're Atheists! If anyone is claiming that God could be worshipped without congregating as in a group, what such a person is insinuating is "Atheism" which means everyone has their individual mindset regarding worship so that there won't be any need for UNISM. But the Bible never supported such, in fact Jesus said to Peter and the other Apostles "whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loosen on earth will be loosened in heaven" this means that whoever rejects the congregation of Peter and the Apostles is on the wrong side! So how can someone just wake up and said God made him a Christian without a group to associate with? But the same God will not do the same for others rather you're to speak to them. Is that not indirectly saying God is partial? cheesy cheesy

poor tormented false jw tatime and Crysthaniel, so confused with no understanding
and lies, false accusing, and blindness to boot:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The Lord Jesus Christ im sure had you future false jw pharisees in mind when He said this:

Mat_23:15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

it fits satans false jw's to a T
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2018
antichrists TATIME and Crysthaniel

here is more of God's word for you to hate and not believe
showing that the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is God

Jesus is Lord and God:

^^^ of course you false jw's change this and other of God's word to suit your false beliefs 

Father calls Jesus God:
Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

david calls both Father and Jesus God, and shows that Father is the God of Jesus
which false jw cannot understand and are blinded to, and so just don't believe it:

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 
Psa 45:7  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

^^^ Father and Jesus is God, just like john 1:1 and elsewhere says

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

you false jw are truly blinded not to see it, but worse than blinded you try and explain it all to mean something else,
but thats your daddy satan for you:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2018
johnw47:
antichrists TATIME and Crysthaniel

here is more of God's word for you to hate and not believe
showing that the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is God

Jesus is Lord and God:

^^^ of course you false jw's change this and other of God's word to suit your false beliefs 

Father calls Jesus God:

david calls both Father and Jesus God, and shows that Father is the God of Jesus
which false jw cannot understand and are blinded to, and so just don't believe it:

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 
Psa 45:7  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

^^^ Father and Jesus is God, just like john 1:1 and elsewhere says

you false jw are truly blinded not to see it, but worse than blinded you try and explain it all to mean something else,
but thats your daddy satan for you:

John 20:28

In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!”

My Lord and my God!: Lit., “The Lord of me and the God [ho the·osʹ] of me!” Some scholars view this expression as an exclamation of astonishment spoken to Jesus but actually directed to God, his Father. Others claim that the original Greek requires that the words be viewed as being directed to Jesus. Even if this is so, the intent of the expression “my Lord and my God” is best understood in the context of the rest of the inspired Scriptures. Since the record shows that Jesus had previously sent his disciples the message, “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God,” there is no reason to believe that Thomas thought that Jesus was the almighty God. John 20:17 compare John 16:28

Thomas had heard Jesus pray to his “Father,” calling him “the only true God.” (Joh 17:1-3) So Thomas may have addressed Jesus as “my God” for the following reasons: He viewed Jesus as being “a mighty God” though not the almighty God. which Jehovah made this happen Isaiah 9:6-7 Or he may have addressed Jesus in a manner similar to the way that servants of God addressed angelic messengers of Jehovah, as recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures. Thomas would have been familiar with accounts in which individuals, or at times the Bible writer of the account, responded to or spoke of an angelic messenger as though he were Jehovah God. (Compare Ge 16:7-11, 13; 18:1-5, 22-33; 32:24-30;Jg 6:11-15; 13:20-22.) Therefore, Thomas may have called Jesus “my God” in this sense, acknowledging Jesus as the representative and spokesman of the true God.

Hebrews 1:8
to have a complete understanding you have to read verse 9 you Will see that it is Jehovah His father that anointed him to be King of God's kingdom so it doesn't imply that Jesus is called the almighty God but what it meant is that ''God is Your Throne'' so you can compare what Isaiah 9:6-7 mattew 28:18 Revelation 3:21 1corinthians 15:24-28 says
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:

John 20:28

In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!”

My Lord and my God!: Lit., “The Lord of me and the God [ho the·osʹ] of me!” Some scholars view this expression as an exclamation of astonishment spoken to Jesus but actually directed to God, his Father. Others claim that the original Greek requires that the words be viewed as being directed to Jesus. Even if this is so, the intent of the expression “my Lord and my God” is best understood in the context of the rest of the inspired Scriptures. Since the record shows that Jesus had previously sent his disciples the message, “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God,” there is no reason to believe that Thomas thought that Jesus was the almighty God. John 20:17 compare John 16:28

Thomas had heard Jesus pray to his “Father,” calling him “the only true God.” (Joh 17:1-3) So Thomas may have addressed Jesus as “my God” for the following reasons: He viewed Jesus as being “a mighty God” though not the almighty God. which Jehovah made this happen Isaiah 9:6-7 Or he may have addressed Jesus in a manner similar to the way that servants of God addressed angelic messengers of Jehovah, as recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures. Thomas would have been familiar with accounts in which individuals, or at times the Bible writer of the account, responded to or spoke of an angelic messenger as though he were Jehovah God. (Compare Ge 16:7-11, 13; 18:1-5, 22-33; 32:24-30;Jg 6:11-15; 13:20-22.) Therefore, Thomas may have called Jesus “my God” in this sense, acknowledging Jesus as the representative and spokesman of the true God.

Hebrews 1:8
to have a complete understanding you have to read verse 9 you Will see that it is Jehovah His father that anointed him to be King of God's kingdom so it doesn't imply that Jesus is called the almighty God but what it meant is that ''God is Your Throne'' so you can compare what Isaiah 9:6-7 mattew 28:18 Revelation 3:21 1corinthians 15:24-28 says
you false jw's sure do twist-lie and give a diffrent meaning to God's word
like your daddy satans church has taught you

and of course you satans mob don't believe any of the bible verses i posted

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

false jw cry, we have been seeing for years-decades false jw's copies and pastes of what your church tells you
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:

So Thomas may have addressed Jesus as “my God” for the following reasons: He viewed Jesus as being “a mighty God” though not the almighty God.

ha ha there are not two god's, mighty god and almighty god as you false jw's believe

mighty God and almighty God are titles-names for the one true God, who is God and the Word

YAHWEH is almighty God:
Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

YAHWEH is mighty God:
Psa_50:1  A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

but alas false jw's doesn't believe God's word and gives it false meaning

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
johnw47:

ha ha there are not two god's, mighty god and almighty god as you false jw's believe

mighty God and almighty God are titles-names for the one true God, who is God and the Word

YAHWEH is almighty God:
Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

YAHWEH is mighty God:
Psa_50:1  A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

but alas false jw's doesn't believe God's word and gives it false meaning

Psalms 50:1 should not be a confusion nah.. It's simple every other title eg ' mighty one' is still applicable to Jehovah but Almighty God only applies to him .. No where in The Bible was Jesus addressed as the Almighty ..
using this verse to support the Trinity doctrine is wrong
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:37pm On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:

we bearing the name of the most high, how is it possible that we are now Satans children
..I still don't understand why people Will think like this..

oh duh, God was talking to Israel and not to the future pharisees sect which a man named
jehovahs witnesses

false jw's are not YAHWEH's witnesses, you false jw's call YAHWEH "a god"

look at the bible verses i posted showing that Jesus is YAHWEH

Crysthaniel:

ha ha we have facts and truth, but you don't believe truth, that's foreign to children of satan

your jw facts are false, everything about false jw is false
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2018
Crysthaniel:

Psalms 50:1 should not be a confusion nah.. It's simple every other title eg ' mighty one' is still applicable to Jehovah but Almighty God only applies to him .. No where in The Bible was Jesus addressed as the Almighty ..
using this verse to support the Trinity doctrine is wrong

duh, truly YAHWEH is almighty God
you false jw don't know Him

and truly YAHWEH is mighty God:
Psa_50:1 A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

not two god's though like you believe
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:45am On Nov 10, 2018
Crysthaniel:

read Isaiah 43:10-12
we bearing the name of the most high, how is it possible that we are now Satans children..

false jw cry, that bible reference you posted to show that false jw's are God's peope
of course don't show that, but does show that Jesus is YAHWEH

about YAHWEH:
Isa 43:10  Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 
Isa 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour
Isa 43:12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

about Jesus:
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus is YAHWEH as this and the many bible verses i have posted here show

but you false jw who say the Word Jesus Christ is "a god" are of your father the devil:
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:09am On Nov 10, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh, God was talking to Israel and not to the future pharisees sect which a man named
jehovahs witnesses

false jw's are not YAHWEH's witnesses, you false jw's call YAHWEH "a god"

look at the bible verses i posted showing that Jesus is YAHWEH

ha ha we have facts and truth, but you don't believe truth, that's foreign to children of satan

your jw facts are false, everything about false jw is false

Mumu brained fellow brainwashed with mumu doctrine.
No JW has ever called "YAHWEH a god" on NL and offline .
That falsehood only exist in your deluded brain.

On this thread , U could not answer the question ,"who is the God of Yahweh?" nor give any concrete proof that Jesus is the God of Yahweh,yet U shamelessly lie that "Jesus is Yahweh."

Your mumu brain dey twist the holy scriptures up & down with portions of the scriptures mistranslated & twisted by the enemies of the truth (trinity peddlers) like U.

"The God of Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob, the God of our forefathers has glorified His son and servant, Jesus" Acts 3:13.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord,Jesus Christ.." 2 Cor 1:3.

"..For us (JWs worldwide) there is but one God the Father (Yahweh), from whom ALL things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live"
1 Cor 8:5,6.

"God (Yahweh) made this Jesus both Lord and Christ" Acts 2:36.

Jesus Christ is NOT Yahweh his Father and God.

Johnw47,your mumu done do

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:41am On Nov 10, 2018
I am looking at your page-and it won't matter how much the Word of God is shown to you, your blindness just kicks in!
It's pretty simple-if you really wanted the truth' you would study the bible 'you would look it up, and find where in scripture it say's the Holy Spirit will teach you all things! {John 14:26}
But just like any other man-pleaser it's all about you, to busy showing off in front of your comrades, trying to persuade yourself JW's know more about God 'then the bible does.
OneJ:
"and the word was God"
"The word" is one spirit entity. God is another spirit entity,that is two spirit beings.
The two different spirit beings who were side by side (John 1:18) can not be a single spirit being (God).
It's simple-Two spirits is flesh 'and God separated, Christ was never separated from the Father! I and the Father are One..
If the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit- then it must mean, they become one Spirit! They healed the sick, the deaf now hear, and the blind now see, and they raised the dead having the same Spirit, they caste out Demons having the same Spirit-they preach the gospel having the same Spirit! All had the same Spirit!
It is pretty simple to know someone filled with the Holy Spirit" they speak as they believe the same language the Holy Spirit teaches us the Word of God.
I understand it is complicated for you, I suppose it is, when your spirit is separated from the Father, His Spirit and your spirit are two different spirits.
So for anybody who wants to connect to the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit 'believing and accepting is a good place to start, the only way for someone to do such a tasks is ask the Lord into their lives.
I do realise you have asked Jehovah into your life, but you have also asked the Watchtower to baptise you under their denomination, you signed a blood agreement to serve and to obey the commandments of the watchtower.
Never asking Jesus to be your Lord and savour, means you never made a commitment to obey and serve Jesus at any cost!
OneJ:

Very correct rendition of John 1:1.

"In the beginning existed the word, and the word existed with the god ,and a god was the word"
Sahidic Coptic Bible,2nd century translation.

The KJV, NIV, AMP version of John 1:1 is fake ,twisted & misleading on various levels.

1). Grammatically fraudulent.
"and the word was God"

2) Spiritually fraudulent.
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" Says the Holy One, Yahweh." Isaiah 40:25.
In the spiritual realm Yahweh is Supreme, without any equal. No wonder, Christ called Him "the only true God (John 17:3).

3) No two humans are exactly alike in everything ,not even twins !
Each one is unique & different from the other.
The same holds true in the spiritual realm (based on (2) above,. Every spirit being is unique.

4) The personal testimony of Jesus Christ, & his followers(Matt 16:13-17.John 7:16. Acts 3:13. John 20:30,31. 1 cor11:3. 15:24-27. Rev 3:12,21). contradicts all the twists, forgeries and distortion perpetuated by peddlers of mumu false doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:26am On Nov 10, 2018
OneJ:

Mumu brained fellow brainwashed with mumu doctrine.

you love saying that because i post God's word which you don't believe

One:
No JW has ever called "YAHWEH a god" on NL and offline .
That falsehood only exist in your deluded brain.

oh lying false jw, you have called Jesus-YAHWEH "a god" many times
and you of course don't believe all the scriptures i posted showing that Jesus is YAHWEH

One:
On this thread , U could not answer the question ,"who is the God of Yahweh?" nor give any concrete proof that Jesus is the God of Yahweh,yet U shamelessly lie that "Jesus is Yahweh."

ha ha, talk about twisting-lying and confusion
false jw onej, i did indeed explain the truth
and certinally not the confusion that you speak

One:
Your mumu brain dey twist the holy scriptures up & down with portions of the scriptures mistranslated & twisted by the enemies of the truth (trinity peddlers) like U.

"The God of Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob, the God of our forefathers has glorified His son and servant, Jesus" Acts 3:13.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord,Jesus Christ.." 2 Cor 1:3.

"..For us (JWs worldwide) there is but one God the Father (Yahweh), from whom ALL things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live"
1 Cor 8:5,6.

"God (Yahweh) made this Jesus both Lord and Christ" Acts 2:36.

Jesus Christ is NOT Yahweh his Father and God.

Johnw47,your mumu done do

false jw onej, you are so confused, such a false accuser, lie like hell, don't believe God's word,
and you are disturbed and tormented

but you deserve it smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:52am On Nov 10, 2018
Crysthaniel:

Facts you want and association-yep we have them too!
The truth about the Watchtower!
I remember the day's when I was a youngster, we had JW's living next door with 3 Children, two boys and a girl she was a little older then her brothers-every time we had asked them to join us to play, their parents wouldn't allow them to play with other Children outside their denomination, they were told we weren't accepted because we didn't belong, {Cults don't fellowship with those outside their denominations-I suppose there is a big difference between JW's and Christians, Christians do fellowship without judgement} "I would hear the two boys crying out at night, they wanted to be normal boys, they wanted to be like other Children.
I also remember their daughter she was confused-she tried to escape from her imprisonment she must of felt, she would cry out-knowing she didn't have a voice, without a choice she'd escaped from her parents, it didn't matter how much she loved her family, the watchtower had her parents under lock and key.
The daughter was not more then 14 years 'she was forced to leave home to defend for herself-castrated from her family' just to be told there is no return, this is a heavy penalty to pay-for someone who is so pure and innocent in the eye's of the Lord.
I really can't understand how any parent would turn their own flesh and blood away because of ones disbelief-let alone watch your own flesh and blood die before you, because of some twisted view of the bible, the watchtower had laid upon you.
We all know the JW's are crooked sales reps, always selling broken promises-Joining the Watchtower is giving your blood signature to the devil!
Like I said: the Watchtower had the parents under lock and key-it is quite simple to understand the meaning to this! Jehovah witnesses loose everything when they die-your family won't receive any inheritance, everything you earned, everything you own belongs to the Watchtower, your Children receives nothing-your grand children, your only parent receives nothing, your homes, your lands, your bank accounts belongs to the Watchtower.."Everything"
So my answer to this question is, yes, I have spent time with the JW's..
Crysthaniel:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:59am On Nov 10, 2018
OneJ TATIME Crysthaniel plus

poor tormented false jw's

Mat_4:24  And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

but unlike those people, false jw's who reject Jesus calling Him "a god" which is "a false god" are not healed of their
being posessed by devils and their lunacy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:29am On Nov 10, 2018
false jw's onej, tatime, cry, plus
you poor tormented false jw, you try so hard here to get followers for your god satan
and you fail so miserably

your lack of true knowledge is only surpassed by your lying lips

Pro_12:22  Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
@ brocab:"It's simple, two spirits is flesh and God separated, Christ was never separated from the Father.. "
OMG, what a senseless falsehood !
"Two spirit is flesh and God separated"
Na where U read am for Bible?
All your posts na junk.
Shameless mumu LIAR.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
@brocab "if the disciples were filled with the Holy spirit, then it must mean, they become one spirit".
Gospel junk and mumu falsehood !
Na where U read am for Bible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.