Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373795 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2016
solite3:
do you agree to philipians1:6-8? simple yes or no. u n barrister should answer it

yes , I agree with philipians 1:6-8
ill even quote and add some preceeding verses.

King James Version
Php 1:2Grace be unto you, and peace, from FROM GOD OUR FATHER, and FROM the Lord Jesus Christ.

*the scripture tells us that our father is our God, this is in agreement with the scripture statement that WE HAVE ONLY ONE GOD, THE FATHER!, it is also in agreement with jesus statement to Mary found in John 20:17 which says ; "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ASCEND UNTO MY FATHER, AND YOUR FATHER, AND TO MY GOD, AND YOUR GOD."
jesus has a God, Jesus is not the most high.

King James Version
Php 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

*who began the good work and will continue performing it.?
King James Version
Php 2:13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

hope you have read jesus prayer to God in John chapter seventeen

King James Version
Php 1:7Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
Php 1:8For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

Now solite3, do you agree with the scriptures I posted?, if yes or no , quote those scriptures and offer your own understanding.

King James Version
Php 2:8And being found in fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and BECAME OBEDIENT UNTO DEATH, even the death of the cross.

john 6: 38 King James Bible
For I came down from heaven, NOT TO DO MINE OWN WIL, but THE WILL OF HIM THAT SENT ME.

King James Version
Joh 8:42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; NEITHER CAME I OF MYSELF, BUT HE SENT ME.

King James Version
Mt 26:39And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless NOT AS I WILL, BUT AS THOU WILT.

King James Version
Joh 5:30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I SEEK NOT MINE OWN WILL, BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME.

THE MOST HIGH DOES NOT DO ANYONES WILL!, Jesus IS DOING THE WILL OF THE ONE WHO SENT HIM!
Jesus seeks the will of the one who sent him
Jesus is obedient to the will of the one who sent him
Jesus which the will of the one who sent him to be done, even till death.
that is why Jesus could teach us this prayer

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

who's will is being done in heaven? The fathers! whose will do we pray for to be done on earth? The fathers.!
Jesus wants the fathers will to be done on earth as it is being done in heaven!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2016
dolphinheart:

simple requeSt you can't understand, or rather because you understand the implications of the request, you refuse to answer it.

solite3 , pls quote and EXPLAIN reV 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9
pls tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12.

dnt answer halfway, dnt just quote it. You quote it then you explain what you understand by what is written there!

solite3. These is still pending
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 07, 2016
dolphinheart:

yes , I agree with philipians 1:6-8
ill even quote and add some preceeding verses.

King James Version
Php 1:2Grace be unto you, and peace, from FROM GOD OUR FATHER, and FROM the Lord Jesus Christ.
t

*the scripture tells us that our father is our God, this is in agreement with the scripture statement that WE HAVE ONLY ONE GOD, THE FATHER!, it is also in agreement with jesus statement to Mary found in John 20:17 which says ; "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ASCEND UNTO MY FATHER, AND YOUR FATHER, AND TO MY GOD, AND YOUR GOD."
jesus has a God, Jesus is not the most high.

King James Version
Php 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

*who began the good work and will continue performing it.?
King James Version
Php 2:13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

hope you have read jesus prayer to God in John chapter seventeen

King James Version
Php 1:7Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
Php 1:8For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

Now solite3, do you agree with the scriptures I posted?, if yes or no , quote those scriptures and offer your own understanding.

King James Version
Php 2:8And being found in fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and BECAME OBEDIENT UNTO DEATH, even the death of the cross.

john 6: 38 King James Bible
For I came down from heaven, NOT TO DO MINE OWN WIL, but THE WILL OF HIM THAT SENT ME.

King James Version
Joh 8:42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; NEITHER CAME I OF MYSELF, BUT HE SENT ME.

King James Version
Mt 26:39And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless NOT AS I WILL, BUT AS THOU WILT.

King James Version
Joh 5:30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I SEEK NOT MINE OWN WILL, BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME.

THE MOST HIGH DOES NOT DO ANYONES WILL!, Jesus IS DOING THE WILL OF THE ONE WHO SENT HIM!
Jesus seeks the will of the one who sent him
Jesus is obedient to the will of the one who sent him
Jesus which the will of the one who sent him to be done, even till death.
that is why Jesus could teach us this prayer

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

who's will is being done in heaven? The fathers! whose will do we pray for to be done on earth? The fathers.!
Jesus wants the fathers will to be done on earth as it is being done in heaven!

i m sori for wasting ur energy .I actually meant Philippians 2:6-8 not 1
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 07, 2016
I even told u who was talking in rev 3 the issue of who was talking in Revelation 1,2&3 it is Jesus
as for heb1:9 brocab addressed it before I don' t like going back to things.
Hebrews1:9 Thou has loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;therefore God,even thy God,hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
This is in reference to Christ earthly ministry when Christ was anointed with the holy spirit(oil of gladness) without measure everyman that has ever receive the holy spirit was with measure but Christ own was without measure.Just as every man has a God so also Christ as a man has a God. This tells you Christ is a perfect man
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2016
solite3:
i av addressed the issue of who was talking in Revelation 1,2&3 it is Jesus.as for heb1:9 brocab addressed it before I don' t like going back to things.
again you failed to answer the question: pls quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9
pls tell us who is talking in rev 3: 2,12

simple question and you are still talking something else

Hebrews1:9 Thou has loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;therefore God,even thy God,hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
This is in reference to Christ earthly ministry when Christ was anointed with the holy spirit(oil of gladness) without measure everyman that has ever receive the holy spirit was with measure but Christ own was without measure.Just as every man has a God so also Christ as a man has a God. This tells you Christ is a perfect man
Christ was anointed by who ? by his God
who is the God of Christ? The father
you say Christ as a man has a God, pls tell us, Is Christ still a man at this moment? does he still have a God?
awaiting your response

and pls add the quote and your explanation of rev 1:1,4-6 to your reply.
and tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:05pm On May 07, 2016
solite3:
i m sori for wasting ur energy .I actually meant Philippians 2:6-8 not 1

yes , I agree with Phil 2: 6-8, now do you agree with the scripture I quoted and the explanations I added?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:23pm On May 07, 2016
Christ is alive today as He was back then.{Matthew 28:18-20} "And came and spoke to them saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on Earth, Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, Baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obverse all things that I have commanded you; and Lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
dolphinheart:

again you failed to answer the question: pls quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9

you say Christ as a man has a God, pls tell us, Is Christ still a man at this moment? does he still have a God?
awaiting your response

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:36pm On May 07, 2016
Dolphinheart you are a false prophet, and a lair, and theirs no truth found in you.
Not only do you cheat your own life, but you cheat those who follow your in-godly teachings. The truth is You don't believe in God full stop.
Maybe its time for you to answer {Revelation 1:7-8} If you refuse too, then Its best for you to close yourself off, from us believers who believe in Christ and God at the same time.
dolphinheart:

dnt just quote verse 9, explain it like you did verse 8!

look at your explanation of verse 8 again and correct yourself, expecially the question you asked. are you saying it's the father that called himself God ? or jesus called himself God ?

everyone can now see that you like to lay false accusations hence you could not respond to this:
"STOP LYING BROCAB!, WHERE DID I TELL YOU OR SAY I DONT BELIEVE IN THE WORD?"

I asked you some simple questions about john 1:1 , you could not respond to it
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:45pm On May 07, 2016
Solite3 We are heading up the wrong garden path, "dolphinheart nuts" not even Christian, we are wasting our time chatting with him.
Dolphinheart is a lair and a cheat-and their's no truth found in him. And of course it will never be until he repents and turns his life over to Christ.
solite3:
i av addressed the issue of who was talking in Revelation 1,2&3 it is Jesus.as for heb1:9 brocab addressed it before I don' t like going back to things.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:53pm On May 07, 2016
brocab:
Christ is alive today as He was back then.{Matthew 28:18-20} "And came and spoke to them saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on Earth, Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, Baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obverse all things that I have commanded you; and Lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

abeg if you want to answer the question, answer it, dnt try to change the topic again. did you see us mentionin if Christ is alive or dead today?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:04pm On May 07, 2016
brocab:
Dolphinheart you are a false prophet, and a lair, and theirs no truth found in you.
Not only do you cheat your own life, but you cheat those who follow your in-godly teachings. The truth is You don't believe in God full stop.
Maybe its time for you to answer {Revelation 1:7-8} If you refuse too, then Its best for you to close yourself off, from us believers who believe in Christ and God at the same time.

you want me to tell you about rev 1: 7,8, then pls quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9.
tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12

you keep on accusing me, yet one, one small prove or fact you cannot provide to surpport your allegations.

brocab look at your explanation of verse 8 again and correct yourself, expecially the question you asked. are you saying it's the father that called himself God ? or Jesus called himself God ?

everyone can now see that you like to lay false accusations hence you could not respond to this:

you could not provide proof to the above!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:06am On May 08, 2016
Revelation 1:7-8

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

verse 7, who is coming with clouds?
A. the one who was pierced, Jesus Christ, verse 7

Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

and it is He-Jesus in verse 8 who called Himself the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending,

and which is to come verse 8, He comes with clouds verse 7,

John called Him "the Almighty".

this is Jesus again talking
again saying the same thing

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus Christ, the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Raphoeworld: 5:56am On May 08, 2016
This post will clarify all your doubt about the payment of tithe. http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/should-christians-pay-tithe.html Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:26pm On May 08, 2016
YOU DENY THE WORD OF GOD BY YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DENYING "WHO IS, "WHO WAS, AND "WHO IS TO COME, DENYING CHRIST IS CHRIST WAS AND CHRIST IS TO COME.
YOU ALSO HAVE DENIED TO ANSWER {REVELATION 1:7-8} {REVELATION 1:1,4-6} {HEBREWS 1:8-9} {REVELATION 3:2,13}
YOU ARE A FALSE PROPHET AND A LAIR.
dolphinheart:

you want me to tell you about rev 1: 7,8, then pls quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9.
tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12

you keep on accusing me, yet one, one small prove or fact you cannot provide to surpport your allegations.

brocab look at your explanation of verse 8 again and correct yourself, expecially the question you asked. are you saying it's the father that called himself God ? or Jesus called himself God ?

you could not provide proof to the above!

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:30pm On May 08, 2016
READ WHAT THE SCRIPTURES ARE SAYING TO YOU? Christ is alive today as He is alive from the beginning.
{John 14:21} "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and I will manifest Myself to him.
Jesus is alive and active now, manifesting Himself to everyone that loves Him.
{Matthew 28:18-20} {Acts 9:10-18} {John 10:3-4, 14:15, 27:29} {Matthew 18:20} "Where their are two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
dolphinheart:

abeg if you want to answer the question, answer it, dnt try to change the topic again. did you see us mentionin if Christ is alive or dead today?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by timothydare(m): 10:38pm On May 08, 2016
love this post. proud 2 b a jw.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:49pm On May 08, 2016
I am proud you are a JW too. Because we Christians don't need false prophets mixing within the flocks of Christ.
timothydare:
love this post.
proud 2 b a jw.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:04am On May 09, 2016
brocab:
YOU DENY THE WORD OF GOD BY YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DENYING "WHO IS, "WHO WAS, AND "WHO IS TO COME, DENYING CHRIST IS CHRIST WAS AND CHRIST IS TO COME.
YOU ALSO HAVE DENIED TO ANSWER {REVELATION 1:7-8} {REVELATION 1:1,4-6} {HEBREWS 1:8-9} {REVELATION 3:2,13}
YOU ARE A FALSE PROPHET AND A LAIR.
brocab , quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6, and heb 1:9. also tell us who is talking in rev 3: 2,12. do this and I'll tell you about rev 1:7,8.

you are afraid to quote those scriptures cus you know it exposes your doctrine as false!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:07am On May 09, 2016
brocab:
READ WHAT THE SCRIPTURES ARE SAYING TO YOU? Christ is alive today as He is alive from the beginning.
{John 14:21} "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and I will manifest Myself to him.
Jesus is alive and active now, manifesting Himself to everyone that loves Him.
{Matthew 28:18-20} {Acts 9:10-18} {John 10:3-4, 14:15, 27:29} {Matthew 18:20} "Where their are two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
brocab , nobody is talking about if jesus is alive or dead, don't change the topic, if you dnt want to answer the question, leave it!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:59am On May 09, 2016
dolphinheart:

brocab , quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6, and heb 1:9. also tell us who is talking in rev 3: 2,12. do this and I'll tell you about rev 1:7,8.

you are afraid to quote those scriptures cus you know it exposes your doctrine as false!

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

It is Jesus through His angel that gave revelation to John

and again:

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,....

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

The Father is the Son's God, duh, yeah knows that

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

in verse 8 the Father called Jesus God
then in the next verse 9, the writer of Hebrews
could have himself called Jesus God, when he said "therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee"

because there would have been no need to add "therefore God" to say "even thy God, hath anointed thee"
it could have simply been said:

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefor thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

so this is likely what the writer meant in verse 9:

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God (Jesus Christ), even thy God (the Father), hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Jesus calls Father God, Father calls Jesus God

duh, so?

brocab is right, false jw's do lie and are false prophets
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Ken4Christ: 8:45am On May 09, 2016
Tell the Jehovah witness to discuss the issue of salvation. They will always have what to say about what they believe about the deity of Jesus. They don't even believe in Jesus to start with. Discuss the subject of salvation, this thread will close. Let them explain to us what it means to be born again and what happened to the body of Jesus since they assert he did not rise up bodily from the dead.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 09, 2016
dolphinheart:

yes , I agree with Phil 2: 6-8, now do you agree with the scripture I quoted and the explanations I added?
grin tanks for ur. reply let me analyse Philippians 2:6-8
Vs6 who( Jesus)being in the form (nature) of God, thought it not robbery( did not hold to his equality with God) to be equal with God
Vs7 But made himself of no reputation ( which means Jesus had a reputation before as the most high which he put down) and took the form of a servant (which again means he was not a servant before.what about angels? checkout hebrews1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for the heirs of salvation) The word angel mean servant.so angel cannot take d form of what he already is.just like saying a man taking the form of man.funny.[color=#006600][/color]see what angel told John when John wanted to pay obeisance to him Revelation22:8-9 [/b]And I John saw these things, and heard them I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things.
Vs9 then he saith unto me, see thou do it not; [i][/i][b][/b]for I am thy fellow servant,and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book, worship God.[b]
) cool and was made in the likeness of men(see john 1:18)
Vs8 And being found in fashion as a man he humbled himself,and became obedient,unto death even the death of the cross. wink of cos I agree with the whole bible not just one part.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 09, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Tell the Jehovah witness to discuss the issue of salvation. They will always have what to say about what they believe about the deity of Jesus. They don't even believe in Jesus to start with. Discuss the subject of salvation, this thread will close. Let them explain to us what it means to be born again and what happened to the body of Jesus since they assert he did not rise up bodily from the dead.
don't worry u will see them contradicting the whole scripture again with those issue very soon
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2016
You should have left him to answer the question when you knew you could not answer it

johnw74:

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

It is Jesus through His angel that gave revelation to John

and again:

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,....
now did someone give jesus this revelation that he passed on to John through the angel?
who gave jesus the Revelation ?
A. someone
B. no one.

expo:
King James Version
Da 2:28But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

johnw74, do not turn a blind eye and refuse to explain this part of the verse along with your other explanation:

[b]New International Version
The revelation from Jesus Christ, WHICH GOD GAVE HIM TO SHOW HIS SERVANTS what must soon take place.

The Father is the Son's God, duh, yeah knows that

in verse 8 the Father called Jesus God
then in the next verse 9, the writer of Hebrews
could have himself called Jesus God, when he said "therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee"

because there would have been no need to add "therefore God" to say "even thy God, hath anointed thee"
it could have simply been said:

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefor thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

so this is likely what the writer meant in verse 9:

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God (Jesus Christ), even thy God (the Father), hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

it is good that the writer was clear enough on the relationship between jesus and the person making the statement. whichever way you want to look at it, it is clear that the person talking is the God of jesus!, therefore jesus , being a God, still has a God that anointed him above his companions ,( take note: jesus has companions).
If jesus has a God , them jesus is not the almighty God !
now the question is, does jesus have a God?

The scriptures gives us these answers

2 cor 1: 3 New International Version
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

eph 1: 3 King James Bible
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1 pet 1:3King James Bible
Blessed be [color=red]the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,[/b]

There are more evidence from the disciples :

King James Version
1Co 8:5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1Ti 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,

Mal 2:10“Do we not all have one father? Was it not one God who created us? So why do we deal treacherously with one another, profaning the covenant of our forefathers?

Mt 23:9Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One.

AND FROM JESUS HIMSELF!
King James Version
Joh 17:3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

the above scriptures prove your explanation on heb 1:9 to be false and the verse simply reads(brackets are my additions):
New International Version
You(jesus) have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God,(the father) your God,(the only true god, the almighty, God and Father of jesus) has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

Isa 61:1
Lu 3:21, 22
Lu 4:18

Jesus has a God that is superior to him, the father does not have a god that is superior to him!
1Jo 5:20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Jesus calls Father God, Father calls Jesus God

duh, so?

brocab is right, false jw's do lie and are false prophets
if you had read the question carefully, you would have seen that your answer is wrong, I simply asked you , who is talking in reV 3:2,12.

Jesus called the father HIS GOD! no where is it recorded where the father called the Son HIS OR MY GOD!

John is a manager in abc company
peter is also a manager in abc company
peter is the manager of John
john is not the manager of Peter
peter is the most senior manager, superior to John.

With this above
john can say, he is a manager
peter is my manager
but john cannot say , I am peters manager

peter can say
I am a manager
I am a manager to John who is also a manager
I am superior to John in management.

Jesus, like john is a God, but he has a superior God he is subjected to!
that superior God is Jehovah, the only true God, the father, the most high who commanded jesus to sit at his right hand.

This facts above cannot be disproved by you, you can only avoid it!

would have told you about reV 1:7,8 if you had answered the question. You deliberately left rev 1:4-6 out.why?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 09, 2016
dolphinheart:

awaiting your response

yes Christ is still a man even to this moment.revelation 1:18 D Christ that was dead is the same who is alive
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 09, 2016
brocab:
Solite3 We are heading up the wrong garden path, "dolphinheart nuts" not even Christian, we are wasting our time chatting with him.
Dolphinheart is a lair and a cheat-and their's no truth found in him. And of course it will never be until he repents and turns his life over to Christ.
yes true but a deceived heart can only be saved by the truth, as long as he continue to c Christ as a mere angel his heart will never be open he takes lies as truth cause that is the only thing they are tot
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:53pm On May 09, 2016
solite3

solite3:
u will never understand my point until u answer my first question do u agree to philipians 2:6-8

I agree ! but you will have to explain how philipians 2:6-8 prove Jesus is the most high who cannot do anyones will ?

Jesus will n his father's will are the same( to save the world) that answers ur question

not according to John 6:38.

let me give you a scenario that will expose your desperate attempt on this thread.

"And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39

Jesus will is that the cup or trial should pass from him . on the contrary his Father will his that he drink the cup.

solite3 . two separate people having different wills .

if Jesus is the most high, his Father will have to step down because the most high will not do the will of anyone.!!

but if Jesus is not the most high, he will have to step down for his Fathers will because the most high will not do the will of anyone !!

Jesus step down.

" not as I will, [size=25] but as you will [/size] " .

Exhibit B . another proof that Jesus is not the most High Jehovah. he submit to the will and authority of another , something the most High will never do!!!

if Jesus was doing someone else will.

the most High will not do anyones will .
u just established that Jesus do someone else will
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 09, 2016
dolphinheart:

awaiting your response

but u ask me to quote n explain heb1:9.pls I av addressed ur questions.u can go back n read my post again for beta understanding OK.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:33pm On May 09, 2016
solite3:
grin tanks for ur. reply let me analyse Philippians 2:6-8
Vs6 who( Jesus)being in the form (nature) of God, thought it not robbery( did not hold to his equality with God) to be equal with God
Vs7 But made himself of no reputation ( which means Jesus had a reputation before as the most high which he put down) and took the form of a servant (which again means he was not a servant before.what about angels? checkout hebrews1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for the heirs of salvation) The word angel mean servant.so angel cannot take d form of what he already is.just like saying a man taking the form of man.funny.[/color]see what angel told John when John wanted to pay obeisance to him Revelation22:8-9 [/b]And I John saw these things, and heard them I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things.
Vs9 then he saith unto me, see thou do it not; [i][/i][b][/b]for I am thy fellow servant,and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book, worship God.[b]
) cool and was made in the likeness of men(see john 1:18)
Vs8 And being found in fashion as a man he humbled himself,and became obedient,unto death even the death of the cross. wink of cos I agree with the whole bible not just one part.

your analysis is wrong! Paul was talking about having the same mental attitude with christ , to have humility , to have unity and love in mind, to consider others superior to you.
For Jesus said :
[color=blue] King James Version
Mt 11:29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

phil 2:6 English Standard Version
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

the above verse is telling us that Jesus, despite being in the same nature or form with God , did not count it that he can be equal to God , a sharp contrast from Satan. He did not see his nature as giving him the right/ authority or chance to grasp equality with God.
col 1:15English Standard Version
He is THE IMAGE of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

heb 1: 3 International Standard Version
He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

* jesus is not the highest majesty!

phil 2:7 English Standard Version
but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Jesus was so humble that he agreed to take the form of a servant, so as to carry out the instructions of the highest majesty. so that God's purpose might be fulfilled.

King James Version
Joh 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

King James Version
Joh 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

King James Version
1Jo 4:9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

phil 2: 8 English Standard Version
And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross

Jesus, after humbly taking on human form, he continued being humble even to the point of death.
King James Version
Joh 10:17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

King James Version
Heb 2:9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1Ti 2:5, 6For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,6who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

phil 2: 9English Standard Version
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,

Again , you can see that Jesus is not the God in these verse. because of the humility, loyalty and love(even till death) that Jesus showed , God exalted him and gave him a name above every other name!

Isa 52:13Look! My servant will act with insight. He will be raised up high, He will be elevated and greatly exalted.

Ac 2:32, 33God resurrected this Jesus, and of this we are all witnesses.
33Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear.

Eph 1:20, 21which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
21far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come.

1. Jesus was not/ never equal to God before, presently or in the future!
2. Jesus never at any time ever had the reputation as the most high!
3. Jesus was not said to take the form of an angel, he took the form of a human, that form is what the writer was referring to as a servants form!

read : www.bibleanswerstand.org/philippians.htm

ANGEL.
Strong's Concordance
malak: a messenger
Original Word: מַלְאָך
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: malak
Phonetic Spelling: (mal-awk')
Short Definition: angel

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
a messenger
NASB Translation
ambassadors (2), angel (101), angels (9), envoys (1), messenger (24), messengers (76).

biblehub.com/hebrew/4397.htm

aggelos: an angel, messenger
Original Word: ἄγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: aggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ang'-el-os)
Short Definition: an angel, messenger
Definition: a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.

biblehub.com/greek/32.htm

now the question, was Jesus sent by God to give us a message?
was jesus a supernatural being?

you did not answer my question, do you agree with the scriptures I quoted earlier?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 09, 2016
Barristter07:
solite3

VI agree ! but you will have to explain how philipians 2:6-8 prove Jesus is the most high who cannot do anyones will ?

yes it proves[color=#000099][/color] Jesus is really the most high beyond that it also tells u that he left that reputation just to save u.

not according to John 6:38.

let me give you a scenario that will expose your desperate attempt on this thread.] "And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39
[/l

Jesus will is that the cup or trial should pass from him . on the contrary his Father will his that he drink the cup.
Again Philippians tells u Jesus was just playing the role of a faithful servant and d reason Jesus said his father's will be done and not his own human will is because he was talking as a man.

solite3 . two separate people having different wills .
of cause they are two diffent person but one God

if Jesus is the most high, his Father will have to step down because the most high will not do the will of anyone.!!

but if Jesus is not the most high, he will have to step down for his Fathers will because the most high will not do the will of anyone !!

Jesus step down.
The father don't need to step down,Jesus don't need to step down for the father,they are not two different Gods but one God
[b]

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 09, 2016
dolphinheart:

your analysis is wrong! Paul was talking about having the same mental attitude with christ , to have humility , to have unity and love in mind, to consider others superior to you.
For Jesus said :
King James Version
Mt 11:29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

phil 2:6 English Standard Version
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

the above verse is telling us that Jesus, despite being in the same nature or form with God , did not count it that he can be equal to God , a sharp contrast from Satan. He did not see his nature as giving him the right/ authority or chance to grasp equality with God.
col 1:15English Standard Version
He is THE IMAGE of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

heb 1: 3 International Standard Version
He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

* jesus is not the highest majesty!

phil 2:7 English Standard Version
but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Jesus was so humble that he agreed to take the form of a servant, so as to carry out the instructions of the highest majesty. so that God's purpose might be fulfilled.

King James Version
Joh 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

King James Version
Joh 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

King James Version
1Jo 4:9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

phil 2: 8 English Standard Version
And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross

Jesus, after humbly taking on human form, he continued being humble even to the point of death.
King James Version
Joh 10:17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

King James Version
Heb 2:9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1Ti 2:5, 6For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,6who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

phil 2: 9English Standard Version
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,

Again , you can see that Jesus is not the God in these verse. because of the humility, loyalty and love(even till death) that Jesus showed , God exalted him and gave him a name above every other name!

Isa 52:13Look! My servant will act with insight. He will be raised up high, He will be elevated and greatly exalted.

Ac 2:32, 33God resurrected this Jesus, and of this we are all witnesses.
33Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear.

Eph 1:20, 21which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
21far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come.

1. Jesus was not/ never equal to God before, presently or in the future!
2. Jesus never at any time ever had the reputation as the most high!
3. Jesus was not said to take the form of an angel, he took the form of a human, that form is what the writer was referring to as a servants form!

read : www.bibleanswerstand.org/philippians.htm

ANGEL.
Strong's Concordance
malak: a messenger
Original Word: מַלְאָך
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: malak
Phonetic Spelling: (mal-awk')
Short Definition: angel

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
a messenger
NASB Translation
ambassadors (2), angel (101), angels (9), envoys (1), messenger (24), messengers (76).

biblehub.com/hebrew/4397.htm

aggelos: an angel, messenger
Original Word: ἄγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: aggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ang'-el-os)
Short Definition: an angel, messenger
Definition: a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.

biblehub.com/greek/32.htm

now the question, was Jesus sent by God to give us a message?
was jesus a supernatural being?

you did not answer my question, do you agree with the scriptures I quoted earlier?

u av hit the nail on the head that Jesus and his father both av one nature
2.that Jesus took d form of a servant to enable him serve(which means he is not a servant by nature
3.that Jesus took the form of man(which means he is not a man by nature, I remember DAT song u be Jehovah u re not a man o
In conclusion Jesus is God n not Angel Michael.God bless. Now u will begin to see Jesus in a new light in my subsequent posts
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 4:14pm On May 09, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=45460525][/quote]
Your post is not well organized, kindly modify.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.