Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) (40654 Views)

Soldier Murtala Danjuma Abdulsalam's Birthday Celebrated By Communities (Photos) / Henry Ikem-Obih Tours Filling Stations In Abuja, Nigerians Mock Him (pics / Tambuwal's Convoy Passes Through Floods As He Visits Sokoto Communities. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
adsamsom:
Baba Go slow.........
Your father
Baba useless nonentity

2 Likes

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by donofdons: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ll
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by wristbangle: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
Sighs
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by JerryOJerry: 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] Gantment is on top of the situation. The last time I drove pass the bridge, my spirit told me never to pass it again. and I had to drive pass Obollo Afor back to Enugu. So bad for our feofle
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by godwin120alex: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dagote trucks spoiling roads since 1900
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by kevinikeodo: 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
let govt know what they will do on it. the road lead to my place obollo Afor
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by flokii: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
oya shoki d shoki... grin grin
no more biafraa.... abi una wan go purchase helicopters?
e sha le fo.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Emmyben23(m): 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
cheesy sadtoo bad..bad news everyday..mayGod help our nation.....hey mean while,to reduce d demages,make i find wheel barrow begin pack cement jaawee
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by free2ryhme: 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
Na wa ooo
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by lmm4real: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
adsamsom:
Baba Go slow.........

Abeg no call Baba, them no get governor for that state.

2 Likes

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by HoLEEsinner: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
If I'm not mistaken, the enugu side should be Ekeremadu senatorial district(I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong), deputy sp should come to rescue, this is my problem with these senators and hons, instead of legislating and representing their people's need, it has been business as usual for em. Fighting over juicy committees, getting Ghana must go to support and oppose motions, fighting over house leadership, getting Ghana must go to pass vote of confidence while proper and meaningful bills are there to be passed into law.

5 Likes

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by chinchum(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
bridge collapse in biafra land? wetin concern Nigerian govt? grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
The bridge was constructed by Nigerian army after the civil.Read before you comment.
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm... The contractor should be fished out and given necessary sanctions.

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Chinom(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
A bridge constructed soon after the civil war has remained in that original state till today. That bridge has been begging for an upgrade for the past 35 years.

Dangote, the various state govts and maybe the FGN should repair it asap.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by banio: 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Repair
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by oshe11: 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
dangote again.........
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by kodlins(f): 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
SOLUTION : the railway system

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by guiddoti: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
Biafran government will expect Nigerian governnent lead by PMB to fix the collapse bridge. grin angry

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by malbro(m): 10:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dharniel:
Dangote is a philantropist. He would build a new bridge for them...
I lol in shuwahili. ..DANGOTE d one wey we dey of another
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
Is that the only bridge the truck could've used?. Some of this trailer and truck drivers are nothing but animals.

Just yesterday I was on the Apapa-Oshodi expressway, and there was this trailer driver driving very recklessly. I looked whether I could see a phone number somewhere on the body to call the company, but there was no such number. On overtaking, I looked at his driver's side to see who was on the steering. Behold, he was just a boy of about 22-25 years old. He appears to be a northerner.

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Btruth: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
Can you imagine, 900 bags of 50kg of cements? That was 45 tonnes plus the truck on that goddam bridge! What is the problem with us in this country? It's obvious that those heavy duty trucks are responsible for all the damages done to our roads. Federal govt. need to do something in controlling the weight of those trucks and their loads. What happened to all the weighbridges all over the country?

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by AreaFada2: 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
fammo:
Most of the infrastructure we enjoy in this country today where done during the military Era. Check the bridges, the road networks, dams, refineries all where constructed under military rule and politicians will have us believe that the military did more harm than good.....what is most disheartening is the level of mediocrity among the populace and politicians are seriously cashing in on it. That's why they share bags of rice, garri etc with their faces on it, we hail them. They construct a 5km road that won't even last 6 months before pot holes start springing up and you'll see heavy road launching ceremony with women wearing political "Aso Ebi" dancing under the sun and they go home with the 5k thank you for coming envelope at d end of the day for songs rendered in honour of thieving politicians. Wonder what the way forward is for my dear country....

You're right.

IBB however did little. He had the best chance since Gowon but failed woefully.

Gowon had oil boom (Arab-Isreali war/Udoji) & IBB had Iraq war oil boom.

Indonesia & South Korea were built during military era. The benevolent dictators era.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
At last biafra has finally been cut off Nigeria grin
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by DandyWalker(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
......'built by Nigerian army after the civil war'. Was it built for easy access into the south east? Hun , I just hope this 'collapse' of the bridge has nothing to do with the Biafran project. It is well.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Sanchase: 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
DANGOTE DAMAGED IT, HE SHOULD FIX IT FULL STOP.
HE SHOULD BE CHARGED TO COURT FOR OVERLOADING LOL. smiley
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by juman(m): 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
AreaFada2:

You're right.

IBB however did little. He had the best chance since Gowon but failed woefully.

Gowon had oil boom (Arab-Isreali war/Udoji) & IBB had Iraq war oil boom.

Indonesia & South Korea were built during military era. The benevo;ent dictators era.

Hmmmm

Those military were not serious people. They ruled with decree yet they failed.

All conditions were right for aremu (obj) but he just choosed to fail.

Jonathan was weak.

Buhari must not fail.

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by wawaboy1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
Abiagirl777:
hmm,when govt is yet to repair dilapidated ones.zero maintainance culture
maybe dangote could help seeing DAT his truck did the final damage.
Dangote will no even remember that truck again
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by juman(m): 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
APC is still sleeping, more than 5 months in government. Every second passing is important to the suffering masses. Many roads are bad across the country. This is one example.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
You no get sense? Bridge built shortly after civil war! How long do you think it has lasted??and you are there calling cheap contractors... Smh
ikechukwu354:
abi cheap cheap contractors fast fast promblems

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
menix:
the problem about south east is our governors, they are just shallow minded nd selfish, everyone of them waiting for the Federal Govt.

Such a commercial bridge nd the state governments cant come together nd fix it, i proudly support Biafra but we have got a long way to go in the East..

A man who is marginalised goes the extra mile to make sure his future is bright, provides what he needs to stand out but the South East governors re just Cretins...

Why fix it when guys are struggling to port to Biafra, or is it Israel?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
fammo:
Most of the infrastructure we enjoy in this country today where done during the military Era. Check the bridges, the road networks, dams, refineries all where constructed under military rule and politicians will have us believe that the military did more harm than good.....what is most disheartening is the level of mediocrity among the populace and politicians are seriously cashing in on it. That's why they share bags of rice, garri etc with their faces on it, we hail them. They construct a 5km road that won't even last 6 months before pot holes start springing up and you'll see heavy road launching ceremony with women wearing political "Aso Ebi" dancing under the sun and they go home with the 5k thank you for coming envelope at d end of the day for songs rendered in honour of thieving politicians. Wonder what the way forward is for my dear country....

That is why I keep saying Nigeria fared better under the boys in Khaki. The problem is their dictatorial rule, and lack of popular participation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abiodun Declares A State Of Emergency On The Lagos-Sango Ota-Abeokuta Road / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Caterpillar Used For Road Construction - Submerged In Flood After Rainfall. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.