Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) (40656 Views)

Soldier Murtala Danjuma Abdulsalam's Birthday Celebrated By Communities (Photos) / Henry Ikem-Obih Tours Filling Stations In Abuja, Nigerians Mock Him (pics / Tambuwal's Convoy Passes Through Floods As He Visits Sokoto Communities. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by sonnie10: 11:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
nightmile:
Homeland in shambles while poking big noses in Yoruba affairs.. ..Ambode's should have fixed the bridge for them.

Divine intervention, Nigeria is being cut off from Biafra.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by menix(m): 11:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
NovusHomo:

Why fix it when guy are ready to port to Biafra, or is it Israel?

Wats dix dude saying..
I command the windows of Heaven to open so that u receive Sense....
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by sonnie10: 11:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
HoLEEsinner:
If I'm not mistaken, the enugu side should be Ekeremadu senatorial district(I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong), deputy sp should come to rescue, this is my problem with these senators and hons, instead of legislating and representing their people's need, it has been business as usual for em. Fighting over juicy committees, getting Ghana must go to support and oppose motions, fighting over house leadership, getting Ghana must go to pass vote of confidence while proper and meaningful bills are there to be passed into law.

Which senator built third mainland bridge?

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
we just dey this country like say we no get left and right. The government doesn't have any focus. They don't know what is good for the people and what is bad. Nigeria's government, receive sense! amen!

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Ximonak: 11:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Btruth:
Can you imagine, 900 bags of 50kg of cements? That was 45 tonnes plus the truck on that goddam bridge! What is the problem with us in this country? It's obvious that those heavy duty trucks are responsible for all the damages done to our roads. Federal govt. need to do something in controlling the weight of those trucks and their loads. What happened to all the weighbridges all over the country?

God bless you bro, you have spoken what always comes to my mind anytime I see any trailer/truck with goods.

Some will be bent by overload/excesses, even bad tyres(why wouldn't they fall off) and FRSC(and other law enforcement) will just see these trucks/trailer without calling them to other so long the owners are paying the dues/compensation to the state and FG nobody will ask questions.

I wonder why the containers are specifications on the body and still we over load them...
As for standard/ safety in nigeria we are too backward... anything goes so long we act as it have not caused any main damage

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by oluamid(m): 11:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
fammo:
Most of the infrastructure we enjoy in this country today where done during the military Era. Check the bridges, the road networks, dams, refineries all where constructed under military rule and politicians will have us believe that the military did more harm than good.....what is most disheartening is the level of mediocrity among the populace and politicians are seriously cashing in on it. That's why they share bags of rice, garri etc with their faces on it, we hail them. They construct a 5km road that won't even last 6 months before pot holes start springing up and you'll see heavy road launching ceremony with women wearing political "Aso Ebi" dancing under the sun and they go home with the 5k thank you for coming envelope at d end of the day for songs rendered in honour of thieving politicians. Wonder what the way forward is for my dear country....

Damn! You capture it succinctly.Wish I could buy you a beer though I can't drink one myself.

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 08, 2015
kennyman2000
Hmmmm... The contractor should be fished out and given necessary sanctions

The report said it was built by the Nigerian army after the civil war. So who's the contractor and where will u fish him out?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Cjrane2: 1:55am On Nov 08, 2015
Rich4god:
Wch sensible driver will drive a heavy duty truck across a bridge that has already given sign of collapse. All these Dangote drivers sef...

i believe this is a deliberate sabotage.
They wanted to break that bridge as part of their silent war against Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by AreaFada2: 3:17am On Nov 08, 2015
juman:

Hmmmm

Those military were not serious people. They ruled with decree o, yet they failed.

All conditions were right for aremu (obj) but he just choosed to fail.

Jonathan was weak.

Buhari must not fail.

When it comes to civilian govts, the chance of succeeding in Nigeria is very small.
Sad but true.
It wasn't set up to work as it is now. We need to first restructure the system.

We cannot copy an American system, without American mentality & expect it to work.

The current system is too unwieldy & expensive. We cannot afford to fund NAS with 150billion yearly. And other extras on top. A unicameral parliament of 300 members will do.

We cannot spend 70% or more of budget on recurrent expenditure and make any progress.

There should be two seperate budgets. A seperate one for capital projects (roads/trains, electricity, etc), education, health, security & employment/industry/Agric). Totally ring-fenced and managed by expatriate from places where things work. Of course with local input.

OBJ did a decent job as military HoS. But failed as a civilian. Why?
Because he faced intrigues, politicking, threats of impeachment & settling NASS to avoid it. He faced a self-serving polity.

Though not an angel by any means, OBJ could have achieved a lot more under different circumstances.

I don't doubt Buhari's good intent, but his pace will be too slow & he will lose goodwill when people can't feel any positive impact soon enough.

For those suffering and need help (majority of people), any delayed help is denial.

3 Likes

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by October1960: 3:34am On Nov 08, 2015
Lawlessness at all levels.

No maintenance
No controls of weight limits
No effective government for many decades.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by ipreach: 3:50am On Nov 08, 2015
Jesus is coming back again
Are you prepared for His coming?

Click on my signatures
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by October1960: 3:55am On Nov 08, 2015
Even in developed countries with good roads. The trailers are limited in terms of weight and goods placement on the trailers.

Here in Nigeria you see overloaded trailers that endanger peoples life on the roads, have balance issues since the trailers are not loaded as designed.

Apparently no effective government in the country. All they know is collecting bribes and harassment of innocent people. Meanwhile corrupt politicians and a corrupt former governor is senate president. Among other corrupt government officials ruining the country.

Btruth:
Can you imagine, 900 bags of 50kg of cements? That was 45 tonnes plus the truck on that goddam bridge! What is the problem with us in this country? It's obvious that those heavy duty trucks are responsible for all the damages done to our roads. Federal govt. need to do something in controlling the weight of those trucks and their loads. What happened to all the weighbridges all over the country?

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Sheggy13(m): 3:57am On Nov 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

Just when you think you've heard it all lol..You conspiracy theorists never seem to get tired. Who has been dishing u guys with those theories since ur IPOB director had been arrested?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 08, 2015
Dangote again!
What's it with dangote and 900bags of cement? That's how they collapsed Nkerefi bridge too angryDangote again!
What's it with dangote and 900bags of cement? That's how they collapsed Nkerefi bridge too And made life tough for inhabitants

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 4:24am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:
the problem about south east is our governors, they are just shallow minded nd selfish, everyone of them waiting for the Federal Govt.

Such a commercial bridge nd the state governments cant come together nd fix it, i proudly support Biafra but we have got a long way to go in the East..

A man who is marginalised goes the extra mile to make sure his future is bright, provides what he needs to stand out but the South East governors re just Cretins...

Like they told you, they want biafra
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by menix(m): 4:40am On Nov 08, 2015
ibietela2:

Like they told you, they want biafra

Can u make some sense so i can understand you.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by bashydemy(m): 5:04am On Nov 08, 2015
adsamsom:
Baba Go slow.........
wait why is everything blamed on PMB are you mad?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by jascon1(m): 5:36am On Nov 08, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm... The contractor should be fished out and given necessary sanctions.
baba did u read the story at all? "Built by Nigerian army " the load capacity is below the weight of the truck
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by fammo: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2015
oluamid:

Damn! You capture it succinctly.Wish I could buy you a beer though I can't drink one myself.
I no go mind dat beer ooo.....Heineken will be appropriate walahi!
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 08, 2015
Chai, look at someone's live savings...
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by AXYZ: 6:35am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:
the problem about south east is our governors, they are just shallow minded nd selfish, everyone of them waiting for the Federal Govt.

Such a commercial bridge nd the state governments cant come together nd fix it, i proudly support Biafra but we have got a long way to go in the East..

A man who is marginalised goes the extra mile to make sure his future is bright, provides what he needs to stand out but the South East governors re just Cretins...

Well said. Sentiments apart, when I see eastern cities, towns and villages, I still think development is still far from there. I think they would need to try harder for themselves before actually agitating for Biafra. Everywhere looks poor.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Engrr(m): 6:40am On Nov 08, 2015
kennyman2000:

Which contractor? ....the one that built d bridge 45 yrs ago?? Or u no read d post?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by SmartMugu: 6:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

Wow. Why did you think so? I'd ask about the destination of the cement before blaming anything on sabotage. The contents -cement in this case- might just be intended to develop a community in that area.
If the truck carried bombs, nuclear materials etc then it's ok to assume it's intended to sabotage.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by nigeriancuban: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2015
poorly fixed bridge
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by emzila(m): 7:12am On Nov 08, 2015
Rich4god:
Wch sensible driver will drive a heavy duty truck across a bridge that has already given sign of collapse. All these Dangote drivers sef...
could this be the first the truck is passing through that bridge?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by jaymichael(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2015
costandi:
Truck drivers should just stick to the express way.
Thats how they have messed up the newly refurbished eungu-awka road
Welcome to Lagos!
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by mickey45: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2015
kennyman2000:

Army Contractors ba?
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by mickey45: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2015
ikechukwu354:
abi cheap cheap contractors fast fast promblems

The Famous King Solomon has a name for a man who answers a matter before hearing it.
Please do read through the material
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by mickey45: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

Don't know how a man who can read and type can afford to make such schizophrenic conclusions from a premise as described by the Op.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by Generalkorex(m): 7:40am On Nov 08, 2015
kennyman2000:
The bridge was constructed by nigeria army after the civil war.
Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by kennyman2000(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2015
Generalkorex:
The bridge was constructed by nigeria army after the civil war.
Now, i know better. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 8:01am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

Can u make some sense so i can understand you.

What am saying is if they wanted biafra they will work towards it...... U can see from that Imo guy comment recently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alexander Akenzua's 7th Birthday: Omosede Igbinedion's Ferrari Party For Son / 'Atiku 2019': John Okafor 'Mr Ibu' Campaigns For Atiku Abubakar (Photos) / Fulanis Chase 1,000 Tivs From Their Homes In Taraba (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.