Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 (1001 Views)

FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 08, 2015
It was a great surprise that some set of people both on Nairaland and others news site were complaining about the sacking of (Former) Taraba state governor Darius Ishaku. Even, Ekiti State Governor made a statement that makes me think that PDP leaders knows nothing about law.

Although am not a law student but I made some great research and I found something that will lecture and benefit more Nigerian youths...

In the ELECTORAL GUIDELINES FOR PRIMARY ELECTIONS 2014 OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY, make this tangible law which is against the emergence of Darius Ishaku as the flag bearer of the party..

PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATING GUBERNATORIA CANDIDATE

(1). For the purpose of nominating a gubernatorial candidate, the party shall hold a special congress in the STATE CAPITAL with delegates voting for each of the aspirant at the congress to be held on a specified date appointed by the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party

This guideline says that the primary should be held at the STATE CAPITAL but PDP went ahead and hold their primary in ABUJA which is against their rules...

FAYOSE STATEMENT SHOWS HOW ILLITERATE AND IGNOTRANT HE IS..

After the judgment, fayose release this statement through his media Lere Olayinka.......

“Isn’t it funny that it is no longer about election rigging, but
technicality of how PDP candidates emerged even when no
one in the PDP went to court to challenge how Governor
Ishaku emerged as the PDP governorship candidate?

FAYOSE NEEDS TO BE SUE FOR TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

The FG have already warn Gov.Fayose before. But it seems that he is not ready to listen. It will be so sad if the Federal Government does not sue this man to court for making this statement after the Judgment......

“Is it not being manifested in this President Muhammadu
Buhari led APC government that what is good for some
people may not be good for others even though we
operate the same constitution?

THANKS

PDF of ELECTORAL GUIDELINES FOR PRIMARY ELECTIONS 2014 OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

www.peoplesdemocraticparty.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PDP-ELECTORAL-GUIDELINES-2014-ELECTIONS.pdf

Lalasticlala , Ishilove , Seun

Re: Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 08, 2015
I wouldn't call Ishaku a "former" governor because he will still legally be the governor if he, or the PDP, file an appeal within 21 days.

If there is an appeal filed, Ishaku's lawyers may have to prove that there was some communication between the party and INEC on why the Taraba guber primary couldn't hold in the state.
If there is no evidence of such communication before the April 11 election, then the COA could uphold the tribunal's ruling.

2 Likes

Re: Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by koboko69: 1:21am On Nov 08, 2015
The problem is PDP have successfully diverted the attention of the masses and populace to the real issue at hand which the court sustained.

The court sustained the evidence of the INEC official that there was no primaries election in the state and the emergence of Mr. Ishaku through the purported election in Abuja was after the statutory stipulated time for party primaries had elapsed.

Asides no elections in the state, the time stipulated for party primaries had already elapsed.

So how do you argue that you had a candidate for PDP in the first place when PDP could not conduct their primaries in the time frame slated for that purpose.

FAYOSE is just a talkative, whining and grinding around the place. I wonder what his opinion and his fellow wailers from the wailing party was when other PDP elections where upheld.

Ekiti GATE tape still comes to mind!

3 Likes

Re: Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by Aromas: 1:39am On Nov 08, 2015
koboko69:

FAYOSE is just a talkative, whining and grinding around the place. I wonder what his opinion and his fellow wailers from the wailing party was when other PDP elections where upheld.

Ekiti GATE tape still comes to mind!
On the issue of Ekiti Gate noting go happen.
Am not an party supporter but we all knows that cases like dis boil as hot water n finally settled like morning dues
Re: Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by Eziachi: 1:40am On Nov 08, 2015
You have said exactly what I said in another thread. This case is so simple by the benefit of PDP fouling their own law. I will be absolutely shocked if they succeed at the appeal.
Any person with even little knowledge of the law and how it's interpretation knows that APC has a very strong case based on this.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by LadyExcellency: 2:18am On Nov 08, 2015
Eziachi:
You have said exactly what I said in another thread. This case is so simple by the benefit of PDP fouling their own law. I will be absolutely shocked if they succeed at the appeal.
Any person with even little knowledge of the law and how it's interpretation knows that APC has a very strong case based on this.

Did INEC publish PDP candidate as contestant - Yes

This is a pre-election matter hence the tribunal lacks jurisdiction to hear the matter which wasn't even part of APC's prayers

APC has no say on this issue and moreover, Rochas Okorocha didn't participate in Imo State Governorship primaries hence should also be thrown out yet the Supreme Court determined that Ihedioha's petition lacks merit and threw out the case.
Re: Sacking Of Darius Ishaku Is Supported By Law, Fayose Is Ignorant --Godson36 by Okanokan(m): 2:46am On Nov 08, 2015
The law setting up the tribunal states that the Election Tribunal shall and must sit at the State headquarters but security challenges made them sit in Abuja. The Supreme Court noted that doctrine of necessity was used as a principle to give judgement recently, so what happen to the doctrine when there are challenges in any State, the people should kill themselves because of rotten politicians. Before this tribunal judgement the Supreme Court took a decision that all tribunal judges are aware of, and the principles of STARE DECISIS is applicable. So what kind of judgement is this?

(1) (Reply)

Senate Uncovers Rot In TSA Remittances, Begins Probe / Shoprite Ikeja Shut Down By Lagos State Govt Over Safety Concerns (See Photos) / ‘president Buhari Destroys Image Of Nigeria For Cheap Recognition’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.