Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act (894 Views)

Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act / CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge / CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by unphilaz(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2015
After reading the judge reason for declaring aisha as the governor elect because of the following
The tribunal sustained the testimonies of the head of election monitoring of Independent National Electoral Commission that the commission was not aware of any primaries conducted by the party in line with the provision of the electoral act which produced Ishaku as the party’s flagbearer.

and

It sustained the evidence of the INEC official that there was no primaries election in the state and the emergence of Mr. Ishaku through the purported election in Abuja was after the statutory stipulated time for party primaries had elapsed.

Therefore he said thus

It held that since Mr. Ishaku was not duly sponsored by the PDP, the party had no candidate in the governorship election in the eyes of the law.

I had given up hope of Dairus recovering his mandate until i saw the electroal act which the judge refused to refere or infer on a facebook and i decided to upload it for our learned friends to advice according that in actual fact the Tribunal judge goofed..

Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by dustmalik: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2015
That section of the electoral act was rejected at the Federal high court, so it's a nullity. Read here

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/court-rejects-sections-of-2010-electoral-act/

PDP is a genuine loser as far as Taraba is concerned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by Trustworthiness: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2015
So, do he still has hope of winning?

Modified:
Ooops. He is gone for life
Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by Phame: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2015
That part doesnt exist any more.
Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by unphilaz(m): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2015
dustmalik:
That section of the electoral act was rejected at the Federal high court, so it's a nullity. Read here

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/court-rejects-sections-of-2010-electoral-act/

PDP is a genuine loser as far as Taraba is concerned

Ok malik but why has it not been amended but left in the electoral act 2010 to continue... why did they not amend it or outrightly remove such a section...
Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by kennybabs1980: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2015
unphilaz:
After reading the judge reason for declaring aisha as the governor elect because of the following

and

Therefore he said thus

I had given up hope of Dairus recovering his mandate until i saw the electroal act which the judge refused to refere or infer on a facebook and i decided to upload it for our learned friends to advice according that in actual fact the Tribunal judge goofed..

it is you who goofed seriously, did you read this at all?
http://
www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/
court-rejects-sections-of-2010-
electoral-act/
ignoramus!
Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by duwdu: 11:09am On Nov 08, 2015
unphilaz:

Ok malik but why has it not been amended but left in the electoral act 2010 to continue... why did they not amend it or outrightly remove such a section...

Now that @dustmalik has proved to you that the document you were brandishing is no longer correct, just kuku take your own eraser and pencil and change the wrong thing you have to the right thing na... abi you want make government come take the old information wey you get for your drawer abi na cupboard? See me see trouble o! gringringrin

But, seriously, once a judgement stands, THAT judgement BECOMES the new, legal document. Old copies of such document don't have to be re-written. If you're lucky and adventurous enough, though, you may come across an amended one in the future.

Good luck!

P34c3
Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by unphilaz(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2015
kennybabs1980:
it is you who goofed seriously, did you read this at all?
http://
www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/
court-rejects-sections-of-2010-
electoral-act/
ignoramus!

aight.. but my question is why leave a section without either amending it or outrightly removing it? During the last amendment carried out by INEC, was the section 140 among the amendment? http://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Amended-Electoral-Act.pdf i went through it and i did not see section 140 or did i miss anything? Thanks anyway
Re: Taraba Tribunal Judge Goofed According To Electoral Act by unphilaz(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2015
duwdu:

But, seriously, once a judgement stands, THAT judgement BECOMES the new, legal document. Old copies of such document don't have to be re-written. If you're lucky and adventurous enough, though, you may come across an amended one in the future.

Good luck!

P34c3

Ok ok now let me wait and see how the appeal by his team will work.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: How I Am Surviving During This Period Of High Price Of Petrol / Reno Omokri Forces Fox News Apologize 4 Saying Nigeria Is Right Next 2 Mali(pics / Realistically, Why Do Igbos Want Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.