Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Blind Justice - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blind Justice (581 Views)

Blind Date / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Blind Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Justice by Dantee005(m): 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Copyright © 2015 by dante
All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to the Author and is protected under copyright laws.
The title, plot, characters,
settings, and all its contents are properties of the author.
No part of this work, either in parts or in whole should be reproduced in any format, electronic or otherwise without permission from the author.
DISCLAIMER: Characters included in this story are COMPLETELY FICTIONAL. No similarity to any person either living or dead, places(real locations) and organizations is intended or should be inferred.
Re: Blind Justice by Dantee005(m): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Prologue
Two predators were closing in on their prey.
The prey,Seth Balogun,sat at the defendant's table,a quiet handsome man in his early thirties.His hair was fashionably styled and he had deep dark eyes.

The predator was Ibrahim bello,the state attorney.He was short and powerfully built like a bull and wore a military crew cut.

Under normal circumstances,Ibrahim would not be in the court room this day.He had a large mass of attorneys to pick and assign this case....But Ibrahim had known from the beginning that he was going to handle this case personally.

Seth Balogun was the son-in-law of Chief Oyedepo Akanbi Balogun,the ''Capo'' of one of most dreaded Mafia in Nigeria.Chief Akanbi was getting old and it was rumoured dat he would take his fathers place as ''Capo di Capi''.

Seth had been involved in scores of organized crime ranging from murder and arson but no attorney had ever been able to bring up any evidence against him.There were too many powerful lawyers behind Seth.Ibrahim himself had spent five years looking evidence against Seth............Then he hit gold....

Michael Olu,one of serh's minions,had been caught in a murder committed during a robbery.In exchange for his life,Michael agreed to testify.
Re: Blind Justice by Dantee005(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ibrahim had taken no chances.He had prepared for this case with extreme care.He had carefully gathered evidence,typing up every loose ends and closings all legal venue of escape Seth lawyer might exploit.

His star witness,Michael olu was heavily guarded 24/ 7 by well trained men.Witnesses were known to have mysterious accidents.Michael location was changed every night and so were his guards.This was to prevent infiltration.........
It was the triall day.

Re: Blind Justice by Dantee005(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2015
The attorney walked up to the witness box where Michael olu had been sworn in.
''Mr olu, i want the jury to be aware that you testifying against your own will and that in order to persuade you to testify,the state had agreed to plead to the lesser charge of manslaughter instead of murder of which you were charged with.Is that true?''

''Yes,sir.Mr olu,are familiar with the defendant,Seth Balogun?''.''Yes,sir,said Olu.''What is the connection between the two of you?''

''I worked for Seth.''

How long have you know the defandant?''

''8 years,sir.''

''Were you close to the defendant?''

''Objection,My Lord!''Pat adedeji,Seth's attorney was a tall,white haired man in his early sixities,the mafia's lawyer shouted. ''The prosecutor is trying to lead the witness.''

''Objection sustained.''

''I'll rephrase my question.In what capacity did you work for the defendant?''

'' I was what you would call a clean up man.''

'' Would you please explain?''

'' Well
,if anything goes wrong,i straighten it.''

'' How do you do that?''

'' You know......

'' Objection,my Lord.This line of question in irrelevant''.

''Objection overruled:The witness may answer.''
Re: Blind Justice by Dantee005(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
''Well,Seth was into money lending.Some years ago,a certain dude gets behind in his payments, so seth sent me over to teach him a lesson.''

''What kind of lesson?''

''I cut off his thumbs,you allow one go free,the others take advantage.''

''What other kind of business was Seth involved in?''

''He is into gambling,illegal firearms,contrabrand drugs and night clubs.''

''Mr Olu,Mr seth Balogun is on trial for the murder of Emeka and Chika Nwafor.Did you know them?''

''Yes.''

''Were you therewhen they were killed?''

''Yes.''

''Who did the actual killing?''

''Seth.''

'' Why did the defendant kill the Nwafor brother's killed?''

'' To teach others a lesson.''

''A lesson?What did they do?''
'' They were trying to cheat him.''

''Where did the murder take place?''

'' At lekki beach.Seth told me to invite the boys to the beach.I picked them up and drove to beach parking lot.Seth was waiting there.He pumped them full with bullets as soon as they stepped out.

'' So you saw him shoot them and you are sure they were dead?''

''Very sure.''

The courtroom was dead silent.

''Mr Olu,i know it took a great deal of bravery for you to testify in courtroom.On behalf of the court and people,i thank you.''
Ibrahim turned to Pat Adedeji,''Your witness for cross examination.''

Pat Adedeji rose to his feet.''Thank you,Mr Bello.'' He glanced at the wall clock and said, ''if it pleases Your Honor,it's almost noon now.Might i request that court recess for lunch now and I'll cross examine this afternoon?''

'' Very well.''the court stands adjourned until two o'clock.

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Sucide? / AFRICA (a poem) / A Word To Writers... Don't Give Up On Your Work!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.