Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Blind Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blind Love (47316 Views)

Blind Date / Wilderness Of Blind Love / Blind By Nature Story By Dindy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
This story is a fiction. All characters, settings and plot are the imaginative work of the writer.
Copyright © 2016 by
Osaro Danisa.
All rights reserved. No
part of this publication
may
be reproduced or
distributed, without the
prior
written permission of
me.
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
To the following people you are specially invited...Girlhaley, oloyolo,
oluwabuqqyolo,atom57,
awesome 55, king
grapha, charrycute,
dammyluv,amijid2012,
lukman, bellovers,
electrocute,
bossbae,jordanchy,iamtemitee,pablobellins. And everyone else who love to read cool stories, you are all invited. Your comments will be appreciated.......
Re: Blind Love by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
pulls up in red Costa van

1 Like

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chapter 1
The atmosphere was chilly. Cool music could be heard from the hidden speakers in the mall. Different categories of people were walking up and down the mall, the window shoppers, the "na we get this mall" group the selfie takers, and those who were there for serious shopping.

Sir! "The total amount of your purchased goods is 2.2 million naira only'' a cashier told a boy who could not be more than 18 years of age. The guy smiled, then he brought out a credit card from his wallet and gave the cashier who then swiped the card on a machine on her desk and then began to transact on her desktop. While she was doing this, the young boy brought out his gold plated I-phone 6s and began to take selfies. By the time he was through, the cashier had already finished the transactions and an old man who was old enough to be the boy's father was carrying his goods to his car which was a "Bugatti Veron", 2016 model sold for nothing less than 50 million in the market. The boy proudly entered his car, started the ignition and wanted to accelerate when he noticed that the cashier and the old man were still standing beside the car with a stupid look on their faces. He understood their action having been a regular customer at the mall. He beckoned on them to come closer before he gave them 15,000 naira each and zoomed off not bothering to reply their words of appreciation.

The boy got to his house which was a mansion at Banana Island. He parked his car next to his White Range Rover 2016 and went into the house while his P.A who was obviously older than him ran to his car and started offloading his purchases. The boy had a cool shower first, then settled down to devour a sumptous meal of Green Rice mixed with bacon, sprinkled with chicken sauce with a chiken as big as the boy's head. He washed it down with a Bloody Mary wine and retired to bed. In the middle of the night, the rain started falling heavily, the coolness of the room doubled due to the chilly atmosphere. The boy was smiling happily. He was twisting and rolling on his King size water bed. The coolness of the room was having effect on him as his body felt as if it was under cool water, he didnt want the night to end when all of a sudden he felt a hand shaking him roughly... "Brother Tope, Brother Tope, the rain has carried all our things o" a girl's voice said, Tope woke up and realized he was having one of those his Utopian dreams, he looked round the room and realized that it was water-filled, his family clothes, books, and other important things including his king size water bed or better still slave size water foam which was drenched with water, he then jumped up and ran outside to retreive the items the rain stole from his family...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Love by ladygudhead(f): 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
hehehehe

nice.
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 8:17am On Mar 05, 2016
Chapter 2
Today was a sad day for the "Ojo" family. Most of their things had been destroyed due to the heavy rain of last night. Mrs Nike Ojo was a single mother with three children. She sold clothes, the type Nigerians call "okrika or bend-down select" at the popular aswani market in Lagos. She has three children, two girls and a boy. Mama, the last born was in primary 3. Kemi, the second born who was 14 years old and in ss 2. Then finally, Tope who was 17+ and was going to his second year at Unilag. Tope was a carbon copy of his late dad. Seeing this children, one would not know that they lived in a public compound which housed over 60 occupants. They were all healthy, and fine especially Tope who people called China due to his extremely fair skin and light brown eyes. Tope was going through his things, his guitar strings had rusted due to the rain, his books were all wet including his assignment from school. His mom had already left the house, The rain was still drizzling so he was given the task of taking his sisters to school, then he would go to his own school from there, due to the River Nile the rain caused in his street, he had to fold his jeans above his knee and carry mama on his back, while Kemi was behind them carrying their bags. Soon he reached their school and bade them goodbye.

He was almost at his campus gate when his infinix zero with broken screen vibrated in his pocket. He checked the caller i.d and it was Victoria his 12 month girlfriend (don't be suprised, even poorer guys have cute girlfriends) Victoria was tall, dark and beautiful, she knew how poor Tope was but still chose to date him because she loved his outspoken personality, and the fact that he was an aspiring musician but things were about to change. He picked the call and
Vicky: Tope, I need to see you now
Tope: Why? Any probz
Vicky: No, not at all
Tope: I am already late for lectures, I would see you around 12.30
Vicky: ok bye.(cuts phone)

Tope knew that something was wrong, but since she said there was nothing, he let it go. If something was truly wrong, he would find out when sees her. He entered the lecture hall only for the lecturer to call him out and ask him for his assignment first,
Tope: Sir, I have already done it but when I was coming to school, the rain
Lecturer: Shut up! Young man, I don't want excuses, the rain also flooded my street and I still came early with all my documents and books intact, so don't give me excuses, or did the rain flood your room too?
Tope: yes sir (the whole class was laughing now) Lecturer: Eyah, it is such a pity that your father did not work very hard for you and your family to afford a nicer house....
Tope: (angrily) Sir, don't involve my father in this!
Lecturer: Are you telling me what and what not to say. My friend Get out of here now! Idiot!
Tope left the class angrily, his emotions were mixed, he was both angry and sad at the same time, he felt like crying. He called Vicky to let her know he was ready to see her hoping she would change his mood.

Vicky: hey, wats up?
Tope: nothing much,
Vicky: what happened to you, why are you sad?
Tope: nothing. Just forget about it, you said you wanted to see me...
Vicky: yes, ermm Tope, i've moved...
Tope: to where? You didn't tell me you people were relocating...
Vicky: no Tope, we are done, i'm sorry but i'm in love with someone else.
Tope: why? Did I do anything wrong?
Vicky: no, its just that you are not my level again, I can't be seen with you again, you are just , just too erm poor
Tope: That is shocking coming from you Vicky, it's not as if you don't also live in a face 2 face compound...
Vicky: yes I do but among the poor you are the poorest, at least I dont sleep with my family in the same room and I don't go around picking washed away items on the street each time rain falls,..Yes Tope, I saw you today again picking your clothes on the street, so I guess we are done.(standing up)
Tope: (he holds her hand) but what about our dreams "V"?
Vicky: Dreams change Tope, get used to it and my dream is not to marry a poor churchrat like you.

She then walked off. This time Tope couldn't hold back his tears as he bent his head low and cried till he could cry no more.....
Re: Blind Love by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2016
chaii

owu na bastard
Re: Blind Love by Boybreezy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
Were you. Dey nah..... angry tongue
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Chapter 3
Tope got home sad and frustrated that day. He cried and cried. How could Vicky do this to him? They had dated for 1 year now. They understood each other so well that people thought they would marry. Everyone in the area already knew her as "iyawo china". He remembered the first time they first met

1 year ago
Tope was at his mother's shop selling for her due to her inability to come that day...a girl walks in to the shop and picks a fine dress
Girl: Please where is the woman?, I told her that I would come and buy this dress and she agreed to sell it half-price
Tope: Half-price ke? She's not around o. And she didn't tell me anything about that
Girl: who are you? I didn't know she had a salesboy now
Tope: no, I am her son
Girl: wow! I didn't know that she had a son this big o
Tope: well now you know, so are you buying the dress
Girl: no, I will just wait till I see your mum because she promised me a discount
Tope: ok, lets make a deal
Girl: what deal?
Tope: I will sell it hald-price for you but you will give me your name and number...
Girl: (hesitant) hmmm....okay, my name is Victoria but you can call me Vicky and my number is 080***...
Tope: okay, nice name by the way, and nice face too
Victoria: okay thanks, bye...(She takes the dress and leave)
That was 1 year ago, Victoria has moved on now... Tope was still lost in thoughts that he didn't even hear the knock on the door, until the knocking became louder, "That must be Kemi and mama" he thought, but when he opened the door it was another person...
"China, so you no wan open door before abi" Emma said. Emma was Tope's neighbour and close friend, he was also a student like Tope but at Yabatech. "Guy hw far na," Tope said trying to hide his emotions. "This one wey ur face be like this, hope all is well" Emma said sitting down on the chair, "Guy, Victoria dump me o, upon everything wey I don help am do, she tell me say, we no be the same level again, say I be poor churchrat" Tope said trying hard not to cry as the events were still fresh in his memory... "Eyah, so na dat one kon dey make you sad, shebi I don dey tell you say dat girl go leave you, but you no one hear, no be she wey I see dey cruise inside one camry with one ugly guy like that?" Tope wanted to reply but before he could talk, Kemi barged into the room, sweating profusely, "Broda Tope, Mummy's shop is on fire o " she shouted. Tope jumped out and started running like a madman with Emma and Kemi running behind him...

N.B: Your supports, encouragements and criticism(whichever kind) are welcomed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Love by dammyluv911(f): 11:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
wow.nyc begi.ni.g

1 Like

Re: Blind Love by oppsyij: 11:43am On Mar 07, 2016
Front sit booked

2 Likes

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2016
Chapter 4
Tope ran to the shop speedingly, with the way he ran, he could give Usain bolt a run for his money. He got to his mother's shop only for him to see his mum and Mama eating and talking happily. "But which kin rubbish be dis na" he thought in his mind. He entered the shop, greeted his mum and started narrating what just happened to her. Emma and Kemi then entered the shop also, they were both sweating and panting. "Wey the fire na" Emma asked no one in particular. Then all eyes turned to Kemi. "erm I heard people saying that Answani market was on fire, that's why I thought Mum's shop was burning" Kemi said. "So you just made me run here when you were not even sure" Tope said, his voice already rising. "Is it my fault? What if the shop was burning? You are now shouting..." Kemi replied him rudely. "Who is shouting?" Tope asked with anger, he was now at Kemi's front ready to daze her if she says anything again. "Tope calm down na," Emma said trying to draw him back but he remained where he was. "Babatope! Will you leave there ,now" his mother shouted... There was only one voice Tope could obey even if he was angry or running wild and that was the voice of his mother. He left the place almost immediately. "Sikemi, I want you to apologize to Tope, and Tope I want you to apologize to Kemi"... They both apologized and soon everyone was laughing again.

When it was 6.30pm Tope and Kemi went to buy bean cakes popularly refeered to as 'Akara' in Nigeria. They were both waiting for the next set because their mum always insisted that they must see the Akara being brought out before they buy( Naija mothers ehn). ''So how is school na, anything new? Tope asked Kemi...School is fine, and nothing new" she replied, Tope was about to say something when he saw a Toyota camry pull up beside the Akara stand. 'Madam, shey you get hot Akara?' one ugly dude asked.... Yes, hot akara dey! The woman replied... 'baby How much do you want' the dude asked someone inside the car... 'Any amount is enough for me' the girl answered. Tope immediately recognized Vicky's voice. 'So she left me for this ugly guy? Na money dey talk sha...' Tope thought in his mind. Madam give me Akara 400, potato 400. You need to see how the woman's face changed, she was so happy, she began to sing Igbo songs. She gave them all her potato, even the Akara we were waiting for, she gave it to them. 'But, Madam we don order am since na? Tope shouted. 'shey u no see say na big man and big woman dey dere, u no see their car, see as small Victoria don find good ,fine husband(fine, but ugly without the car), make my daughter just see this kin person''my son wait make I go bring firewood, I go fry una own now now' she said... Tope didn't even answer as he just grabbed Kemi's hand and went home angrily...
Re: Blind Love by Missmossy(f): 10:43am On Mar 08, 2016
Interesting,keep it coming. Kudos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
Chapter 5
The students in the department of mass communication at Unilag including Tope were all seated in a large hall gisting. They were supposed to be having their Language Lectures but their Lecturer was no where to be found. They all thought their Lecturer Dr. Mohammed wasn't going to make it. The time slot for Dr. Mohammed finally passed. They were all happy, already standing up when Dr. Mohammed entered and told all of them to sit down. 'erm sir your period is gone, we are supposed to have Prof. Ade right now' a guy said...'so class rep, you think you can talk abi? Well for your information, I have already asked Prof. And he gave me go ahead, so everyone put away your books and bags, we are having an Impromptu Oral test'...
Re: Blind Love by abubakarbabang7(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
Come and see the way everyone's face changed. People that were just smiling were now frowning their face as if Buhari has banned all Android phones in Nigeria. Everyone was looking at the class rep. with a disdainful expression. There was only one person who was smiling, he was nicknamed Prof. By his friends and the whole class. This guy could cram a whole dictonary and still ask for more books. He was just shining his teeth, with his glasses on. Dr. Mohammed then began to call them out one by one, 'Agaga Asa' he shouted. 'yes sir' a short boy shouted while running to the front. 'What are the firstborns in Igbo land called?'....'Okpara' Asa answered. 'Correct, 30 marks for you' Dr. Mohammed said. The test kept going on smoothly till it reached the turn of a girl, 'Gold Blossom' was her name, she was a chocolate skin beauty. Blossom kept on thinking till Dr. Mohammed shouted time up and she went to sit down, crying. When it reached the class Prof. Turn, he didn't even wait for the question to finish before he scored his 30 marks. The boy before Tope's test was so simple, everyone was suprised, Imagine asking a two hundred level student of masscomm what the three main indigenous languages in Naija are. Everybody expected Tope's own to be simpler but were shocked when Dr. Mohammed started speaking in tongues for Tope...' in a decentralized and mixed economy like Nigeria, what are the twelve local govermment created in 1975 which formed an alliance with the language commissions in Nigeria?' Dr. Mohammed said...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blind Love by Boybreezy(m): 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nice one.... I knw this guy oooo
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 6:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Boybreezy:
From where oo[b]
Boybreezy:
From where oo[/b]
Boybreezy:
From where oo
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2016
Chapter 6
Tope thought for a very long time but he still couldn't figure out the answers. 'Mr Tope you are wasting our time' Dr. Mohammed voice brought him back to the class. 'actually sir, I don't know it, that question is complicated' Tope said. He heard someone laugh at him, he looked and saw Asa Agaga laughing at him, 'Who laughed just now?' Dr mohammed asked. The whole class went silent, 'I said, Who just laughed now?' he shouted this time. 'I sir' Agaga said, 'so because you passed your own test you think you can just laugh at anyone abi?, as short as you are, 20 marks is deducted from your test,' Dr. Mohammed said. 'ha, please sir, Im sorry, My mother is sick, My father rides a bicycle' Agaga said already crying... 'So how is that my business if your dad rides a bicycle, I have made my decision and it is final' Dr. M said authoritatively. 'Hey, you two, follow me to my office' he pointed to Tope and the girl who also failed her test earlier, Blossom,... They followed him into his office and stood while he was searching for something, he searched and searched till he brought out a horsewhip or 'Koboko', faced the two of them and said, 'I hope you know I don't tolerate failure and I punish people for it...oya pull your trousers let me see your bum-bum'...
Re: Blind Love by Missmossy(f): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2016
Captivating,keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
Missmossy:
Captivating,keep it coming.
tanx bby
Re: Blind Love by Bluette(f): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
Laffn. Pls is Tope in d university or secondary school. I got confused with ds 2 things:
Tope is studying mass communication (dat means he's in d university) and
Tope was beaten with koboko by d lecturer Dats kinda awkward o.
Nice story tho' I was just laffn.

1 Like

Re: Blind Love by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 5:47am On Mar 10, 2016
Chapter 6
'Oya pull your trousers let me see your bum-bum' Dr Mohammed said. Tope and Blossom looked around the room to be sure that Dr Mohammed was referring to them. 'What are you waiting for' Dr Mohammed shouted. 'Sir, are you serious' Blossom asked him, already sobbing... 'mm mm I am joking, let me tell the both of you, I discipline anyone I want, if you like be doing your N.Y.S.C, If you mess up, I will not hesitate to trash you, now open up and lets finish what we are doing' Dr mohammed said, tightning his grip on the 'Koboko' 'Sir, that is unacceptable, I won't take such rubbish, How can I, a 200 level student of mass-comm at Unilag open my ass for you to flog, which kin rubbish be dat sef, even my mother has not carry cane to flog me not to talk of you,?' Tope shouted at him. 'Look' Tope told Blossom 'If you want to stay, you are free but as for me, I'm out of here. And he went out of the office, ignoring the screams of Dr. Mohammed saying 'I will deal with you, You will fail my course and other threats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 5:49am On Mar 10, 2016
'I want you to know
that I love you so

'cos we no be regular
eeh eeh
'your beauty na natural
eeh eeh...

The song of Popular naija artiste 'Iyanya' was blasting the speakers of the club 55'. Tope worked there as a bartender on weekends so that he wont bother his mom for some minor things to buy during the week. The issue with Dr. Mohammed came to his head but he brushed it off. 'Hi, can I get malt' a female voice asked him, 'Who buys malt in a club' Tope questioned in his mind. He brought out the malt and handed it to the person only for him to see Blossom, the girl who also had problems with Dr. Mohammed.
Tope: Blossom?
Blossom: excuse me
Tope: Don't you remember me, Tope the guy that was in Dr. Mohammed's office with you,..
Blossom: (thinks for some seconds) oh, Tope, wow, how are you, do you work here?
Tope: Yes, what are you doing here
Blossom: Waiting for someone, are you free? I really need someone to talk to...

1 Like

Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 6:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Tope: yeah! Tope left his duty post and went to sit with her, just as they were about to start talking, a very skinny but fine girl walked to their table.
Blossom: hey, Vera, this is the guy I told you about that saved me from that lecturer ,Vera looked and hissed at them, through out their conversation she kept on eyeing Tope and frowning her face as if she was his prescence was irritating her, to her he was just a poor waiter taking advantage of her very rich friend. Finally, the conversation was over, Tope stood up to leave and to his utmost suprise, Blossom hugged him. He was already going, when Vera called him back,..'hey, mr man, where is my iPhone?' she said, Tope just looked dumbfounded, 'Don't be smart with me, I dropped it on this table and now it is gone' 'you have stolen my iPhone 6' she shouted. Her voice caught the attention of the huge bouncers and a crowd had formed, 'o boy give the girl her phone now,' 'so as you fine like oyibo reach na phone you dey steal' everyone were voicing their thoughts out. Tope just stood there ashamed of himself. Then from nowhere one of the bouncers gave him a dirty slap and wanted to start beating him before the club owner came and asked for the problem. They explained everything that happened to her...,
Club owner: Tope, did you take the phone?
Tope: no ma, I just had a little chat with my coursemate here from school and now they are accusing me abi Blossom, cant you tell them, but Blossom just kept quiet...
Vera: its a lie, ma I know that this boy cannot afford my phone, that is why he took it, poor fool!
Club owner: Hey, that is enough, we will search him, here and now, Tope, since you are sure you are not with the phone, you have nothing to fear.
Vera: yes, search him!

The crowd kept on looking as if they are watching the live performance of mission impossible. The club owner searched Tope...

Club owner: But Tope, why?,
Tope: Why what?
Club owner: if you didn't take the phone, then who owns this iPhone 6. She showed everyone the iPhone 6 she just saw in Tope's pocket......,

Note: your comments and criticisms are always welcome.
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 6:10am On Mar 10, 2016
Bluette:
Laffn. Pls is Tope in d university or secondary school. I got confused with ds 2 things:
Tope is studying mass communication (dat means he's in d university) and
Tope was beaten with koboko by d lecturer Dats kinda awkward o.
Nice story tho' I was just laffn.
he hasn't been beaten yet, keep reading to get more deatails and thanks...
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 6:11am On Mar 10, 2016
ElectroCute:
following
welcome sir
Re: Blind Love by Shakyroh320(f): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2016
plzzz make the episode longer now,it's too short.
Re: Blind Love by Boybreezy(m): 8:44am On Mar 11, 2016
Guy.......
Re: Blind Love by Buzzboy(m): 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Chapter 8
Tope was shocked and suprised to see the phone in his pocket. The bouncer pushed Tope to the floor and started beating him. 'Yes! Kill him!' Vera shouted. The crowd were screaming on top of their voice. It took the intervention of the club owner and some other people to separate the bouncer from Tope. The club owner called Tope, the bouncer, Blossom and Vera into her office. She apologized to Vera and Blossom and fired the bouncer. She was now alone with Tope in her office.
Club owner: Tope i'm so dissapointed in you, why will you steal her phone?
Tope: I didn't. I dont even know how it got to my pocket
Club owner: you have brought disgrace to my club
Tope: i'm sorry ma
Club owner: You don't need to be. You are fired.

Tope got home devastated. He didn't take the phone. Though he saw it on the table and admired it but he was not a thief. He was sure Vera framed him. She had been eyeing him through out the time he was talking with Blossom. Talking of Blossom, she didn't even help Tope, or say anything. Maybe they both framed me' he thought...

Blossom and Vera were sitting on the large couch in Blossom's private sitting room.
Blossom: I can't still believe Tope stole that phone, he looks so innocent.
Vera: Girl, looks can be deceiving
Blossom: And I was already getting to like him sha
Vera: I know
Blossom: (sarcastically) I hear you
Vera: seriously, I knew it since the day you told me about him and the professor, that is why I had to get rid of him
Blossom: what do you mean by 'get rid of him'?
Vera: Stop pretending joor, I put that iPhone in his pocket, see the way he was doing like a fool (mimicking Tope) 'erm ma I don't , know'
Blossom: Vera! (shouting) I can't believe you did this, what is your business with who I like,..
Vera: (shouting)it was for your own good
Blossom: foor my own good abi? Ever since I met you all you have done is to ruin my life. You did the same thing to me and Pablo, and now you are doing it again... Infact, I hate you, (stands up to leave)
Vera: No, you don't! Where are you now going?
Blossom: To meet the poor boy you humilated!...

Note: You guys should comment. Don't just be a ghost reader. More updates coming this evening...

4 Likes

Re: Blind Love by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
enjoying it already

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.