Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church (913 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
I'm an undergraduate but over the years i have grown accustomed to giving my Tithe (both the one from my part time job and from my scholarship) to people i find to be in need. I know the Bible says we should give one-tenth of our earnings to Him, but i don't think it was specifically stipulated to be given only in the church. So if this practice of mine is right, shouldn't we if not all the time then at least once in a while give our Tithes directly to the Needy instead of to the Church?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by Highcuerayte: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Are you a Jew? If the answer is No then you don't need to pay Tithe.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by Omotayor123(f): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Waiting for answers....
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by barthchuks(m): 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
I'd rather give it to the needy than enriching the so called pastors who can't even give a minute attention to a certain poor man

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by boboLIL(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy birthday to me..... Guys appreciate me.... Its only God that can do it....today is my day
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by idealsico(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
Read Malachi chapter 3:
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by BrownChima212(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
BimiOne:
I'm an undergraduate but over the years i have grown accustomed to giving my Tithe (both the one from my part time job and from my scholarship) to people i find to be in need. I know the Bible says we should give one-tenth of our earnings to Him, but i don't think it was specifically stipulated to be given only in the church. So if this practice of mine is right, shouldn't we if not all the time then at least once in a while give our Tithes directly to the Needy instead of to the Church?

It is wrong! That isn't God's store house
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Tithe To Charity Instead Of To The Church by alterswerve(m): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
barthchuks:
I'd rather give it to the needy than enriching the so called pastors who can't even give a minute attention to a certain poor man

1. The Jews of today don't pay tithe to temple since they have lost the genealogy after the destruction and so, no one knows who is a levite or from Judah. So today, they tithe to scholarships, hospitals, and generally anyone who doesn't have.

2. One of the reasons for tithe is to prove that you are not addicted to what you earn, and also so that you wont be addicted to it too. So giving it out to really needy people, says, i'm not addicted to what i earn

3. A law in life is this, anyone who has received must give.. You must give, else, you break it, the enemy will have a right to what you earn. Hence, tithe

As far as you spend your tithe on orphanages, the sick and anything that God will smile at, its good. The thing is, don't give because you have been ordered to. Give because God is happy about it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Irrespective Of Your Believe U Will Be Moved By This Movie.. / The Christian Marriage 3: Where Marriages May End(divorce) / Tomorrow May Be Too Lateā€¦....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.