Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! (20303 Views)

Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition / Wellington Jighere, The Nigerian World Scrabble Champion (photos) / Breaking: Jighere Wellington a Nigerian Is The World's Champion Of Scrabble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
jubilant Scrabble players 4 a.m today

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
First Game, first win

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
The Vigil

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Team Nigera

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Winning board

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by rhames(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
Now I see the reason why the Australians through their Embassy tried to frustrate our going to the Championship. Congratulations for teaching this white men a lesson in their own language and backyard to be the best in the world. In turn , you should volunteer to train more championship materials on your own. Best of luck in your other endeavours.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by rhames(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
ThePENGENIUS:
VOTE FOR ME PLEASE! DON'T SCROLL PAST! cry cry cry cry cry
http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/fallen-petals
Please I need your help. My Etisalat Flash Fiction Entry has finally made it through the approval stage. Now it's time to vote. I've got nowhere else to go. Nairaland is the only online family I've got. Please brothers, do this for me. If everyone that reads this takes the (one time) pain to vote, I'm quite certain that I'll win this. Remember it could be you tomorrow! If I win, it will be because of YOU and YOU solely! Come on NL let's do this. wink wink
Make una help me as una take help airforce1 career. grin grin grin
For those that's already voted, E se gan o!

PS: their server is kinda slow, so be patient. After voting, If you've got extra time you could tap any of the share buttons in the vote page, to share via facebook or twitter, that counts too.

cc: ishilove, lalasticlala, tosyne2much, obinoscopy, eroticangela, funlord, ladyF, and everyone in the NL family.

Please help me win this thing!
cool cool

Good luck bro.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by dabossman(m): 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
This is great news. The Australian embassy almost scuttled this guys chance when they failed to issue Team Nigeria visas on time. Glad to know they made it to the competition and a Nigerian won.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nigel Richards.
The best player in the World.
Jighere whipped him silly.
You guys have no idea what feat that boy did.
I pursued this dream for years myself before taking to business.

1 Share

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote . In turn , you should volunteer to train more championship materials on your own. Best of luck in your other endeavours.[/quote]
Thanks bro.
My name is Shegetz.
I am building up Scrabble in my own little way. It is a collective effort though.
Nothing thrills me more than youth Scrabble.
Nigeria has a bulging number of talented young lads.
It is a process. We are working.
Nairaland is not receptive of Scrabble though.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
President Mohammed Buhari
Called to congratulate Wellington Jighere.
One more call to Golden Eaglets will happen later tonight.
Amen somebody.
Gora is Nigeria Scrabble Federation President.

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by homesteady(m): 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mukina2 please Antispambot banned me.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by enomakos(m): 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Impressive
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by ucheuzor1(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmao
You sef!

You had to rub it in eeh!
gringringringrin

You get luck say Crop Science folks no dey NL, you for hear wheen!

AEE folks feeling superior since time immemorial.
mizmicholi and co u guyz should go to whatsapp and continue ur conversation abeg....congrat to d man wey sabi scrabble jare... I would like to test his hands to see if He can win me

1 Like

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by ladyF(f): 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
ThePENGENIUS:
VOTE FOR ME PLEASE! DON'T SCROLL PAST! cry cry cry cry cry
http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/fallen-petals
Please I need your help. My Etisalat Flash Fiction Entry has finally made it through the approval stage. Now it's time to vote. I've got nowhere else to go. Nairaland is the only online family I've got. Please brothers, do this for me. If everyone that reads this takes the (one time) pain to vote, I'm quite certain that I'll win this. Remember it could be you tomorrow! If I win, it will be because of YOU and YOU solely! Come on NL let's do this. wink wink
Make una help me as una take help airforce1 career. grin grin grin
For those that's already voted, E se gan o!

PS: their server is kinda slow, so be patient. After voting, If you've got extra time you could tap any of the share buttons in the vote page, to share via facebook or twitter, that counts too.

Please help me win this thing!
cool cool
voted. Will share for u
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
ucheuzor1:

mizmicholi and co u guyz should go to whatsapp and continue ur conversation abeg....congrat to d man wey sabi scrabble jare... I would like to test his hands to see if He can win me

You're kidding right ?
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by hardeyincah(m): 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mr Welly u have done the nation proud, am so glad to be a scrabbler... cant wait to have your Autograph... shegetz baba u are scrabble champ anytime anyday!
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You're kidding right ?
You mind the joker?
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by SCRABBLEBOARD: 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
hardeyincah:
Mr Welly u have done the nation proud, am so glad to be a scrabbler... cant wait to have your Autograph... shegetz baba u are scrabble champ anytime anyday!

Biggie, thanks.
You know as it rolls out there nah.
Jigz healed the wounds of several near misses.
Whoaaaa
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by AngryNigerian(m): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ah ahhh, must you people show yourself!!!

...& must you give us his biography Allow the guy be jioorrr! I know that from his looks (& from what I know about game-freaks), all of you used to write him off in school, yes!
iebanehita:

Babe.I am seeing it o! grin grin

And to think he had to defer his final year/project and all the school wahala in order to give his full attention to the scrabble competition in school then. it finally paid off! A graduate of crop science now a world scrabble champion.
Thank God for his life o.

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by viktagorion: 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
Buhari must honor him.

He has made Nigeria proud.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Jasperwhizz(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
GLORY BE TO GOD!
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Theben(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
waow!

This is how God takes people to enviable heights.
He posted pictures from the airplane when he was going for this competition.

We were classmates too.
[size=1pt]TheBen iebanehita[/size]

Are you see what I'm sawgrin
Babe I'm seeing it on. I happen to be among those that encouraged him on his Facebook page. I'm very proud to be his friend grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by phyllosilicate(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
iebanehita:

Yes o. A crop science graduate becomes a world scrabble champion. Its truly the Lord's doing. cheesy

Mine is surely on the way.. wink
I.d caliph is happy too
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by ewosk: 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
bicycle have rode to greatness....

congrats
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
Theben:

Babe I'm seeing it on. I happen to be among those that encouraged him on his Facebook page. I'm very proud to be his friend grin.

Same here!

I remember you guys playing chess in front of our faculty then.

I was chattin with him this afternoon and he called me that annoying name again.

Remember?gringrin
Nuh talk am here o!
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by phyllosilicate(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
waow!

This is how God takes people to enviable heights.
He posted pictures from the airplane when he was going for this competition.

We were classmates too.
[size=1pt]TheBen iebanehita[/size]

Are you see what I'm sawgrin
didn't know this is you, just check your pic. He made us pround.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
phyllosilicate:
didn't know this is you, just check your pic. He made us pround.

True talk.
You are?
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by phyllosilicate(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

True talk.
You are?

Let me knw when you have seen it so i edit
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Theben(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Same here!

I remember you guys playing chess in front of our faculty then.

I was chattin with him this afternoon and he called me that annoying name again.

Remember?gringrin
Nuh talk am here o!
Lol, lip sealed. You know I can't shi for you na
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by iebanehita(m): 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
Theben:

Ogbeni, Na here you dey?

You just silent ever since. how the hustle na? grin

And erm.. change that your siggy. Ghannians prefer to be ghannianas. I am talking from experience. grin
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by iebanehita(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I.d caliph is happy too

Yeah. Send my regards to him.

But who are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? / 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria's Fixtures / John Enoh: 3 Things To Know About The New Sports Minster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.