Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery (21364 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / EFCC Clears Danladi Umar Of N10m Bribe Allegation / Profile Of Justice Danladi Umar, The Judge In Charge of Saraki's Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Cholison(m): 8:21am On Nov 09, 2015
Coming from Ezekhome the mumbo jumbo lawyer that has lost relevance is no surprise. Nobody should take the group and their lawyer serious.

1 Like

Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by philips70(m): 8:26am On Nov 09, 2015
jomoh:
All this useless (hungry lawyers) groups always popping up at suspicious times.

They should go and sit down. We saw a lot of them during GEJ's last days in office.

I am very sad Mike Ozekhome didn't die in the hands of those kidnappers. That man is a criminal.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by jomoh: 8:27am On Nov 09, 2015
oz4real83:
some of these lawyers have become synonymous as defenders of the corrupt,money launderers,looters and all negative vices and the fact that they don'tnx even hide it is shameless. Immediately u think of corrupt officials the names of these lawyers come up.

Absolutely Spot on.

Our Judiciary is our problem.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by agabusta: 8:28am On Nov 09, 2015
eph12:

Same way Saraki can send a representative to CCT while he continues with the work he was elected to do

Nope. Saraki's case is a criminal case filed by the Agency constitutional empowered to do that. In criminal cases, you have to take your plea yourself.

This case filed against the CCT chairman 'in name' also seemed like a criminal case. The only issue is just that it was filed by a civil society and may be a Civil case except if security agencies takes over the case.

But until security agencies takes over the case, it is still a civil suit and the CCT chairman may not necessarily make himself available in court but can be validly and legally represented by his counsel.

...you are welcome grin

1 Like

Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Ayomivic(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2015
uboma:

You used the right adjective Sis.

Nigerian politics as dirty as it is, always amuses me. It will be a big shame and disgrace to Mr. Danladi Umar if he is found guilty of the above charges.

The Senate President will have a temporary sigh of relief while also thinking hard the next card to play.

who do you think is behind this if not Saraki? I knew something like this would happen when Saraki had been given space to do what his good at.
If Donald Umar is corrup as the allegation filed against him, Saraki would have had his way since
Now that they had found way of stop hin in perscution of Senate President, they would bring in corrupt judge as incorruptable judge as Chairman of CCT to decide Saraki case

we all know the Senate president was guity of charges filed against him that why he was busy runing to apeal court and suprem court even when judgement was yet to pass on him. If Saraki is not judged according to the law, President Buhari should forget figthing the corruption when it clearly shows that law has no power on people like Saraki.

1 Like

Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by odomanis: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2015
Boss13:
When you fight corruption, corruption tends to fight back

That why he who comes to equity must come with clean hands .
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by tomakint: 8:56am On Nov 09, 2015
Efriday1:

This looks like Saraki s quote. grin
No I don't think so, that quote is just a cliche in Nigeria's political cycle used by 'political jesters' to deceive the gullible. The Saraki I knew never fought corruption one day, in actual fact, he courted it!

1 Like

Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by histemple: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
The Truth is dat;only d poor is free of corruption, even PMB himself if scrutinise very well is also corrupt. B4 u go 4 my head, what's d real definition 4 corruption?

You are very correct because mischievously promising what you know you won't do for the people just to deceive them to vote for you is even the worst kind of corruption.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by DOCTORDONE: 8:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Let him have his own day in court. If he is found guilty, let the adequate sanctions be carried out and if he is not found guilty, he should be set free ... ubi jus ibi remedium
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2015
This is an exercise in futility. Because EFCC once investigated the CCT chairman does not mean he is guilty. Investigation does not translate to culpability. It's only a competent court of jurisdiction that can declare him guilty. When EFCC investigated him, was he charged to court? Was he found guilty? Was he sentenced? As long as this case is concerned, these lawyers are wasting their time and resources because the court will throw their case out through the window. CCT chairman is innocent until found guilty, therefore he can not be removed by the court based on this case.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by amusadele: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2015
jomoh:
All this useless (hungry lawyers) groups always popping up at suspicious times.

They should go and sit down. We saw a lot of them during GEJ's last days in office.
Am the happiest Nigerian for this moment. My prayer has been answered on regular basis that May Buhari government continue to bring the greatest confusion. May this government of Buhari never know peace such that in no distant time, the goverment will fail and fall down completely. Buhari told the world that the one sided tribal Fulani appointments are all his personal tribal aids and that he has aabsolute trust for them. Buhari said that all those outside of his region are not trust worthy. He also told Nigerians that all the people who voted on 5% are also from other regions hence he will suffer them. My question I want you to answer is whether these are steps to move a country forward? Buhari will never get favour from nature and therefore will faill very shortly. Amen.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by amusadele: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2015
Boss13:
When you fight corruption, corruption tends to fight back
especially when the fight is seen to be tribal, one sided and based on party membership etc.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by amusadele: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2015
drberry:
Hahaha... I'm so loving this Saraki and CCT game... Indeed everyone of them has got a skeleton in their cupboard.

BTW Is it because its Saraki that's in the spotlight this issue is coming up? So they didn't know since that Justice Danlami had been indicted for these charges before now?
#WeepForNaija. I really doubt the fact that corruption would be swept out of this country anytime soon.
It may not be possible to fight corruption completely but it can be reduced to the bearest minimum and a time will come when we will eventually fight it to a halt. The problem is the method, we are using to fight corruption. Imagine, Buhari has pointed his fight only on pdp. All his action and method of running this country is so annoying. People will just decide to pick hole and use it to fight Buhari. Because of the Fulani blood in him coupleted the usual northern agenda, he is so blind folded to know that he is now a national leader and is expected drop all his Fulani concepts. From what am seeing, this government of Buhari may end this country. Imagine, he admitted that all his appointments are personal as such, he is free to appoint his Fulani kinsmen for which he has absolute trust, meaning people from other regions are not Fulani and cannot trusted. Are all these remarks not devisive?
He is yet to deny that 5% concept.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by amusadele: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
The Truth is dat;only d poor is free of corruption, even PMB himself if scrutinise very well is also corrupt. B4 u go 4 my head, what's d real definition 4 corruption?
Be very careful! Are not a Nigerian? Maybe you lived far from this country? Buhari is one of the biggest thieves. When he headed the ptdf, we know what happened. You are probably carried aways by the propaganda of Lai Mohammed and apc or you are simply a gullible for taking Buhari an inch trust worthy.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by saidu009: 10:08am On Nov 09, 2015
why is that mostly ibo people are mostly use to thwart the cause of the truth. you will always find them everywhere, they always support corrupt people, private companies and mostly corrupt leaders. the move taken by the chairman of cct is biting them or they needed money to survive that why the lawyer is instituting obnoxious court actions against the chairman of CCT
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2015
curroption fighting back just like in Osun state.
Nigeria= Basket case.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Technocracy: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Its wrong for the guilty to pronounce another man guilty,or the the corrupt to judge the corrupt or even the thief to call another man thief.
The fact remains that our system of Government has been didfigured by corruption which Buhari has become a part of by association,but a careful look at the resolutions from the national conference convened by the last administration true fedralism may help reduce corruption in our national life. Nigeria will continually run on the spot if such steps are neglected due to regional,tribal and ethnic intrest
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2015
biltem:
I had thought that Saraki will be reasonable and face the charge and,proof himself innocent. Rather he is trying to twist the law and pulling even the judge into a mud using a lawyer that have lost taste and,value. We await the outcome,of their mossionless trips to delay or frustrate judgement.

Saraki has gone to all courts but has not been favoured yet he want to go through the back doors. He will surely fail along with his accolades.

The silly Judge should go and clear his name!! Quit mentioning Saraki,did you read anywhere he was amongst those who filed the suit?

In the maintime he should step aside while another Judge's name is forwarded to the senate for approval as the CCT chairman
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2015
koastar:
This is an exercise in futility. Because EFCC once investigated the CCT chairman does not mean he is guilty. Investigation does not translate to culpability. It's only a competent court of jurisdiction that can declare him guilty. When EFCC investigated him, was he charged to court? Was he found guilty? Was he sentenced? As long as this case is concerned, these lawyers are wasting their time and resources because the court will throw their case out through the window. CCT chairman is innocent until found guilty, therefore he can not be removed by the court based on this case.

It is not an exercise in futility!! Someonme facing corruption trial himself cannot adjudicate over a corruption trial!!the corrupt Injustice Umar would be forced to step down
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

It is not an exercise in futility!! Someonme facing corruption trial himself cannot adjudicate over a corruption trial!!the corrupt Injustice Umar would be forced to step down
He is not facing any trial, he was only being investigated. EFCC has not charged him to court therefore, the case of these lawyers are dead on arrival.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by MrDavidson: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2015
If Saraki is unfortunately behind this, let me gently say that he has emboldened that young man once more, to convict him. And guess what the punishment could be? Combination of the three: 10 years' ban from politics, confiscation of his humongous assets, and outright exit from his current position. In justice, there're no emotions or pity for someone not showing remorse.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2015
yemaldo:
No problem, sack Umar and we'll get you another no nonsense cct chairman, saraki can never escape this

Who's "we"??
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2015
MrDavidson:
If Saraki is unfortunately behind this, let me gently say that he has emboldened that young man once more, to convict him. And guess what the punishment could be? Combination of the three: 10 years' ban from politics, confiscation of his humongous assets, and outright exit from his current position. In justice, there're no emotions or pity for someone not showing remorse.
empty threats!! The useless CCT chairman would be in jail a lot earlier before Saraki
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by adanny01(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2015
Corruption fighting back hard.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by eph12(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2015
agabusta:

Nope. Saraki's case is a criminal case filed by the Agency constitutional empowered to do that. In criminal cases, you have to take your plea yourself.

This case filed against the CCT chairman 'in name' also seemed like a criminal case. The only issue is just that it was filed by a civil society and may be a Civil case except if security agencies takes over the case.

But until security agencies takes over the case, it is still a civil suit and the CCT chairman may not necessarily make himself available in court but can be validly and legally represented by his counsel.

...you are welcome grin
Ok..
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Davidifeanyi: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2015
Sofily-sofily catchy monkey... My fellow Nigerian youths, Leaders of Today... Erhnn...MakeIstophere4now
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by MbashrexBashir(m): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
yemaldo:
No problem, sack Umar and we'll get you another no nonsense cct chairman, saraki can never escape this
Another no nonsense CCT chairman will be install by the Senate which Saraki will preside over it. I laugh at you do you think implicating Saraki will go just with him alone, if he goes down a lot of people are going down with him.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Sovet: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
hahahah watching on 3D bush meat d chase hunter haha:let see has it end
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by urbanmonk: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kworoptu abboki pretending to pight kworoption.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by jomoh: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
amusadele:
Am the happiest Nigerian for this moment. My prayer has been answered on regular basis that May Buhari government continue to bring the greatest confusion. May this government of Buhari never know peace such that in no distant time, the goverment will fail and fall down completely. Buhari told the world that the one sided tribal Fulani appointments are all his personal tribal aids and that he has aabsolute trust for them. Buhari said that all those outside of his region are not trust worthy. He also told Nigerians that all the people who voted on 5% are also from other regions hence he will suffer them. My question I want you to answer is whether these are steps to move a country forward? Buhari will never get favour from nature and therefore will faill very shortly. Amen.

Do you speak english.

What's the correlation of this rant with the topic.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by christinie(f): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
That is so true.
uboma:

You used the right adjective Sis.

Nigerian politics as dirty as it is, always amuses me. It will be a big shame and disgrace to Mr. Danladi Umar if he is found guilty of the above charges.

The Senate President will have a temporary sigh of relief while also thinking hard the next card to play.
Re: CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery by Ayomivic(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

The silly Judge should go and clear his name!! Quit mentioning Saraki,did you read anywhere he was amongst those who filed the suit?

In the maintime he should step aside while another Judge's name is forwarded to the senate for approval as the CCT chairman

Believe me ,you and your leader will be disappointed on this case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arrested Boko Haram Suspect Is Brother Of A Presidential Body Guard - ThisDay / Ayo Da Silva: I Will Sue Presidency For Claiming I Endorsed Buhari / Terror Alert: Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland Issue Security Advisory To Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.