Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

What Is Actually Going On??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Actually Going On??? (394 Views)

PENGASSAN Going On Strike On Thursday / Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) / What's Actually Going On? (policeman Involved In Massacre Of Enugu Residents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Actually Going On??? by SamJed(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2015
The Nigerian constitution clearly states that the person with the second highest votes should not be declared winner after the tribunal has cancelled the election of the winner instead a re-run election should be held, but in the Taraba state tribunal ruling, this rule was clearly breached by the chairman of the tribunal and I have not heard any politician talking about it. My questions are: Is there any other law in the constitution that says that the above rule can be voided? If there isn't, why did the tribunal chairman who is supposed to be learned in his profession not obey the rule? Why aren't politicians not talking about it instead some are even congratulating the APC's candidate? Why are people hypocritical about this, even the lawyers? Has the judiciary been compromised I know that I am not experienced in law but can someone please tell me what is going on http://jedng..com/2015/11/what-is-going-on.html?spref=tw

Re: What Is Actually Going On??? by dustmalik: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2015
That section of the electoral act was rejected at the Federal high court, so it's a nullity. Read here

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/court-rejects-sections-of-2010-electoral-act/
Re: What Is Actually Going On??? by DaBullIT(m): 9:12am On Nov 09, 2015
Lolest

(1) (Reply)

Read A Malam's Comment On A Face Thread About Biafra. Hilarious. / 12 Years Of PDP Cannot Match What I Did In 4 Years — Audu / Rotimi Amaechi As Minister Of Transport, Is Nigeria Getting Set For A Great Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.