Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. (996 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This / Saraki's Citizenship Saga: What The Constitution Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by lawflec(m): 10:51am On Nov 09, 2015
Assuming you have just one option to take between 5million naira and an immediate offer of being a US citizen which will you go for....

As for me 5m is not a joke of.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by braine(m): 10:53am On Nov 09, 2015
The citizenship. Five million is cheap.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by lawflec(m): 10:55am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:
The citizenship. Five million is cheap.
And u didn't consider that being a citizen has no job offer or accommodation to go with it

1 Like

Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by Nziwujo(m): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2015
5m sharpely sharpely
Nwanne i na ama aka
Get that money Invest it and in a year or two years ll be veing for US citizenship as a correct Igbo guy
Trust we Igbo we no dey dull for bUsiness no be joke

1 Like

Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by braine(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2015
lawflec:
And u didn't consider that being a citizen has no job offer or accommodation to go with it

It makes getting all those relatively easier.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by Raiders: 11:03am On Nov 09, 2015
how many Americans have 5 million naira equivalent in their account? most Americans especially blacks are in debt

2 Likes

Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by braine(m): 11:05am On Nov 09, 2015
Raiders:
how many Americans have 5 million naira equivalent in their account? most Americans especially blacks are in debt

They are relatively comfortable.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by Raiders: 11:07am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:

They are relatively comfortable.
If you invest your 5 million naira well in Nigeria. you can also live comfortable too. don't be deceive by what you see on CNN. America also has its own problem like any country

1 Like

Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by ckmayoca: 11:09am On Nov 09, 2015
Citizenship is better. OP no halftime or lifetime citizenship, citizenship na citizenship.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by lawflec(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:

It makes getting all those relatively easier.
I agree with u totally but before you get patience get all of that, man.. My 5m go don get house for Las Vegas plus several persons on my payroll.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by lawflec(m): 11:14am On Nov 09, 2015
ckmayoca:
Citizenship is better. OP no halftime or lifetime citizenship, citizenship na citizenship.
This is an assumption test. What I meant here is that it will not be withdrawn no matter what.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by braine(m): 11:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Raiders:
If you invest your 5 million naira well in Nigeria. you can also live comfortable too. don't be deceive by what you see on CNN. America also has its own problem like any country

Ofcoz they have issues, but not like the silly ones we have here. Even tho you have a point, It would shock you that 5million is not much, its less than $22,000! I dont think you can buy the perks of a US citizenship with that, even with the profits of the 'investment.' Plus, would ANY 'suffering' American renounce their citizenship for that Amount and become a Nigerian? grin grin grin
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by speedyGonzales: 11:22am On Nov 09, 2015
5 million, I never want to be a US citizen!
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by ckmayoca: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2015
lawflec:
This is an assumption test. What I meant here is that it will not be withdrawn no matter what.

Ok. Even if it's withdrawable only if I commit a crime. I will still take the citizenship. To invite ppl over will cost them 1m per invitation letter. There is always work, only if one tend to be selective but u can never be hungry nor lack good clothing.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by Yunus2012(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2015
This typified the Nigerian problem. Many Nigerians do not even know HOW they can invest 5m right now. We all want to see the money before we think of what can be done. Hence the consistent rush to the borders.

To those saving 5m is small, I challenge them to submitted a proposal for any business worth 10m. Let's see if the money is the problem or the thinking faculty.

Even with 2m each of us should be able to setup a business to employ about 2-5 people and pay returns. That is the only way this nation can move forward.

That's the meaning of being an entrepreneur.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by Raiders: 11:36am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:

Ofcoz they have issues, but not like the silly ones we have here. Even tho you have a point, It would shock you that 5million is not much, its less than $22,000! I dont think you can buy the perks of a US citizenship with that, even with the profits of the 'investment.' Plus, would ANY 'suffering' American renounce their citizenship for that Amount and become a Nigerian? grin grin grin
I think you missed my point. First 22k dollars is a lot of money in Nigeria to start up a good business. I am saying that there are millions of Americans that can't boast of having 22k dollars in their account because they are in debt or bankrupt. do you know the millions of Americans that are owing student loans, mortgages, car notes, medical bills and other expenses. I have live in both Nigeria and USA so I know what I am saying. just because someone is a US citizen does not mean that person will be successful. if someone invest 5 million naira in a good business in Nigeria, he can also be successful in Nigeria too .
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by hedonistic: 11:36am On Nov 09, 2015
N5m would go down in two nights of heavy champagne popping in a top night club in Lagos or Abuja. I think the American passport is preferable. Some sharp Naija boys know exactly how to make several millions out of their American passport (legally or illegally) within one year if they receive American citizenship. Don't ask me how.

Then again some judicious people with entrepreneurial acumen can probably multiply N5m several times if they invest it the right businesses or schemes. At the end of the day it depends on the individual.
Re: N5million Or Lifetime USA Citizenship Which One Will U Choose. by coolzeal(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2015
With the current situation in Nigeria.. Sorry, I want the lifetime citizenship of America.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Man KILLS 4 Year Old Son For Ritual!! (VIDEO) / Im Not Leaving Mavin Even Though Don Jazzy Chastises Us – Di’ja / Buhari Wake Up, Fuel Scarcity Is Reducing Productivity – Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.