Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria (2719 Views)

2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum / Why Is Fuel #87 In The North And #120 - #130 In The East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 09, 2015
The reason why the north fought to keep Nigeria one was because of crude oil. The Nigerian civil war was actually fought for the control of oil as Nigeria could not afford to allow the Igbos 'run away with their food.'

I read a thread yesterday where Kachikwu said that they are at the verge of discovering crude oil in the chad basin.

If the north discovers oil in commercial quantity then the end of Nigeria might be in sight. This is because the north will not bother to fight the Igbos again for crude oil as they would see that as unnecessary.

I even believe that if the north discovers enough crude oil in their region, you will hear them shouting 'Arewa Republic!' I personally believe that if the oil had been in the north all these years like the Niger Delta have suffered, they would driven southerners away as infidels and not wanted.

Just my thoughts I am sharing here.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2015
u have some point

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 09, 2015
atbu1983:
u have some point

This is just the truth I tell you. If it was the north that had all the crude oil all these years with all the devastation like the Niger Delta they would have asked southerners to go and form their own country.

The civil war was all about oil and nothing more just like many other wars around the world.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by ObidikeObinna: 11:15am On Nov 09, 2015
true

2 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by speedyGonzales: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2015
the can leave south alone and steal their own oil money from their people!

4 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Setaje my love, what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2015
With significant findings in the North, Nigeria would only practice true Federalism. Nigeria unity now goes beyond oil with major world powers backing. When the North intends to secede in the 50's was it because of oil?

7 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by malton: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2015
This is very disappointing! Your statements were careless, needless, shallow, thoughtless and reek of ignorance!

I suppose that you're still some kid. By which means I'll keep this brief and plain.

Again, you seem to not know these "Northerners" you so much despise.

The Northerners are the most accommodating people you 'll find around. They are honest in their dealings, simple in acts and appearance, easy going, friendly and God fearing.
They regard almost everything as the will of God, a gift from God or his doings.
It's why they don't carry shoulder around the place regardless how stinkingly rich they are. They are humble like that.

Now, if anything, the discovery of oil will only further glue their grips firmly in power. This is because the average Northerner is power drunk, loves respect and will go the distance just to get told 'rain ka shi dade!'.
One single thing all rulers have in common is the quest to rule a larger entity; the larger, the better!
That said, most Northerners will see the discovery of oil as a way to pay the SS back for their contribution. They love to pay their dues and are very loyal!
Rather than secede, they will wish for the oil to contribute just as much money into national coffers as the South South one. They hate being mocked.

The discovery of oil in the Chad basin will create the much needed balance in the polity.

No Northerner will lose sleep over it, because they are enjoying the South South oil just as much they would if it were in their region.

The South Southerners are the "meekest" Nigerians by the way!
The Lord gives where he knows the people have large hearts enough to carry everyone along.

7 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 09, 2015
Idrismusty97:
With significant findings in the North, Nigeria would only practice true Federalism. Nigeria unity now goes beyond oil with major world powers backing. When the North intends to secede in the 50's was it because of oil?

Why must the north wait till oil is discovered in commercial quantity in their region before they accept true federalism

11 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by kingzizzy: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The reason why the north fought to keep Nigeria one was because of crude oil. The Nigerian civil war was actually fought for the control of oil as Nigeria could not afford to allow the Igbos 'run away with their food.'

I read a thread yesterday where Kachikwu said that they are at the verge of discovering crude oil in the chad basin.

If the north discovers oil in commercial quantity then the end of Nigeria might be in sight. This is because the north will not bother to fight the Igbos again for crude oil as they would see that as unnecessary.

I even believe that if the north discovers enough crude oil in their region, you will hear them shouting 'Arewa Republic!' I personally believe that if the oil had been in the north all these years like the Niger Delta have suffered, they would driven southerners away as infidels and not wanted.

Just my thoughts I am sharing here.

Even if they find Oil in the Chad basing, it may be a dead venture on arrival. In other to extract oil in commercial quantity, you need to bring the big players in the Oil sector like BP, Shell, Chevron etc. They are the ones with the technical know how, big equipment and personell needed to get that Oil out. This Chad basing is a hotbed of sectarian violence and Boko Haram. There is no international investor who will want to step foot there.

7 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Why must the north wait till oil is discovered in commercial quantity in their region before they accept true federalism
Besides true federalism may be out of the equation. Buyers can't tell the difference between Northern Nigeria oil, Southern Nigeria oil or Western Nigeria oil. Nigeria oil would still be sold as one.
Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Besides true federalism may be out of the equation. Buyers can't tell the difference between Northern Nigeria oil, Southern Nigeria oil or Western Nigeria oil. Nigeria oil would still be sold as one.

Stop dodging the question. Of Course the oil will be sold as one just like we get from different states today.

Now why is the north preventing true federalism?

9 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 09, 2015
Biafrans are tired of being one Nigeria. They claim they are being marginalized in what was suppose to be their home. The first civil war was due to the neglect of looming crisis across the nation which the government purposely ignored. Now, we are witnessing the same problem. What is the present administration doing to arrest the situation?
Some myopic individuals would think that it's Igbo thing. They forgot that when the eyes start to cry the nose joins. Another crisis would set Nigeria back. I know we have not being moving but going back would be worse. Dialogue is always the best answer. Nigerians should be shouting dialogue not kill them all.

4 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Setaje(f): 11:36am On Nov 09, 2015
The poster above me has said it all. Which sane investor will go to the north? Meanwhile even if the oil is in commercial quantity, I believe the North will still want to keep Nigeria as one. Hmmmn the north is much more divided than the way we see them. A lot of people don't no that there are different ethnic groups such as fulani's, fulfudes, hausas, kanuris, etc in that north. We all just lump them up as being hausas. This is not true! The only thing they have in common is islam. It is that islam that brings them together against the south because they have one common enemy so they are able to speak wiv one voice for now. Truth is once we split, the north will split to.

What is making isis kill fellow muslims like themselves will automatic start happening in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by VickJames(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Stop dodging the question. Of Course the oil will be sold as one just like we get from different states today.

I wanted him to answer the question but he is dodging it

3 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Setaje:
The poster above me has said it all. Which sane investor will go to the north? Meanwhile even if the oil is in commercial quantity, I believe the North will still want to keep Nigeria as one. Hmmmn the north is much more divided than the way we see them. A lot of people don't no that there are different ethnic groups such as fulani's, fulfudes, hausas, kanuris, etc in that north. We all just lump them up as being hausas. This is not true! The only thing they have in common is islam. It is that islam that brings them together against the south because they have one common enemy so they are able to speak wiv one voice for now. Truth is once we split, the north will split to.

What is making isis kill fellow muslims like themselves will automatic start happening in the north.

Mmmmmm.

Thx sweetheart, I will tag you on another thread where I need your views now.

1 Like

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Take your question to Major General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi- Ironsi.

2 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by VickJames(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2015
Setaje:

Nigeria will divide if the north finds oil in their core areas. they will give bokoharam amnesty since they are one. No southerner will own any oil well in the north. have you seen any southerner mining any mineral resources in the north?

8 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by VickJames(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2015
Idrismusty97:

You know well enough that this country will cease to exist if the north finds oil in thesame commercial quantity as the south. not only will the south not benefit from the oil, no southerner will own any oil bloc in the north.

1 Like

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by otr1(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2015
I actually saw Nigeria break from the North-East, while someone from Kano-Katsina axis is the President.
I'm not a Prophet, but this must surely come to past.
Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Idrismusty97:

That general must be super powerful for it to be taking Nigeria forever to correct his errros, lol.

1 Like

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2015
VickJames:

You know well enough that this country will cease to exist if the north finds oil in thesame commercial quantity as the south. not only will the south not benefit from the oil, no southerner will own any oil bloc in the north.
Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2015
Gbawe,
Passingshot,
Omenka.
Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

That general must be super powerful for it to be taking Nigeria forever to correct his errros, lol.

Yea, He is a superman smiley.
Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Setaje(f): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2015
I also heard that the fulani's are the main commanders in boko haram. Do u no the people who go for suicide mission? They use the hausas for such dirty work. No fulani man is a suicide bomber. Na hausa and kanuris den dey use. Doesn't it tell you something.

Sooner or later hausas will insist fulani's to should go for suicide bombings. Then they start fighting each other. The truth is there is a lot of division in Nigeria as a whole. What would make some ijebu people clamour for ijebu state. What would make ibadan people clamour for ibadan state out of oyo state Or badagry people out of lagos and even epe people out of lagos. It shows the selfishness of Africans and the way we reason.

We can never get it right if we continue like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2015
Setaje:
I also heard that the fulani's are the main commanders in boko haram. Do u no the people who go for suicide mission? They use the hausas for such dirty work. No fulani man is a suicide bomber. Na hausa and kanuris den dey use. Doesn't it tell you something.

Sooner or later hausas will insist fulani's to should go for suicide bombings. Then they start fighting each other. The truth is there is a lot of division in Nigeria as a whole. What would make some ijebu people clamour for ijebu state. What would make ibadan people clamour for ibadan state out of oyo state Or badagry people out of lagos and even epe people out of lagos. It shows the selfishness of Africans and the way we reason.

We can never get it right if we continue like this.

Word baby, true word.

The fulani particularly has turn out to be a very big problem for us in this country. You are very corect in saying that the hausas/kanuris are the ones that go for suicide missions, i once lived in the north myself.

The fulani have enslaved the hausa people. embarassed embarassed

@bold part, I say 'Gbam!!'

4 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Phame: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Ok igbo ma de claim oil.
Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2015
VickJames:

Nigeria will divide if the north finds oil in their core areas. they will give bokoharam amnesty since they are one. No southerner will own any oil well in the north. have you seen any southerner mining any mineral resources in the north?

Very good question.

It is this lop-sided nature of this country that is causing agitations in the east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by VickJames(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
The oil in the north will be owned by the northerners without the southerner enjoying any part of it. With the huge deposit of gold in sokoto. have you seen or heard of any federal government parastatal that is involved in mining those golds. No. what you see is, hausa jewelry sellers selling gold for you in your market. where did they get it from, from sokoto state. they own 100percent of what is coming out from gold.

double standards

4 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by VickJames(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Very good question.

It is this lop-sided nature of this country that is causing agitations in the east.

let them just go their separate waysand fight their wars themselves

1 Like

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
VickJames:
The oil in the north will be owned by the northerners without the southerner enjoying any part of it. With the huge deposit of gold in sokoto. have you seen or heard of any federal government parastatal that is involved in mining those golds. No. what you see is, hausa jewelry sellers selling gold for you in your market. where did they get it from, from sokoto state. they own 100percent of what is coming out from gold.

double standards

Oil is drilled from the Niger Delta, their ancestral lands devastated, sold and the money shared to everybody while others keep their thing.

The Niger Delta have really suffered in this country. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria by VickJames(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Oil is drilled from the Niger Delta, their ancestral lands devastated, sold and the money shared to everybody while others keep their thing.

The Niger Delta have really suffered in this country. embarassed embarassed

These people still want to retain the name 'one nigeria'

everyone knows that one nigeria will not work, why force it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Are We Really Going To War? / Chief Of Army Staff Buratai Involved In $2.1billion Arms Deal / See What Nigerian Policemen Were Doing On Duty - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.