Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria (170197 Views)

Fresh Graduate Trainee Opportunity June/july 2018 / Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee 2018 Recruitment Programme / Graduate Trainee Opportunity In A Top Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2015
kaka22:
The effective communication and business writing test is simple. Just learn how to write memo and essay. There will also be ambiguity test, sentence correction etc. Questions on meaning of some words like pretext etc will be asked. Learn how to write the correct spelling of social media words like d, dat, dose, nd etc.

They want to test your understanding of English so if you are good with it, you have no problem cool. Best of luck in your test.

BTW: When will sterling bank call me for interview? undecided
my brother good morning, sterling bank just sent me an invite for communication and writing test... I need ur help on guidance. Please what is the ambiguity test like?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kaka22(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2015
Cutehector:
my brother good morning, sterling bank just sent me an invite for communication and writing test... I need ur help on guidance. Please what is the ambiguity test like?
Ambiguity test is about identifying what is causing confusion in a sentence, comment or passage. It is something like this;
"The man welcomes the new woman, standing there not knowing what next to do, the man hugged the new woman".
You will be asked to underline the word or words causing ambiguity in the quoted sentence.

In the quoted sentence above, who doesn't know what to do? Is it the man or the new woman? So standing there not knowing what next to do should be underlined since it is causing confusion (ambiguity).

Search Google about ambiguity test and practice the questions you find online, then you are good to go. cool

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
kaka22:

Ambiguity test is about identifying what is causing confusion in a sentence, comment or passage. It is something like this;
"The man welcomes the new woman, standing there not knowing next what to do, the man hugged the new woman".
You will be asked to underline the word or words causing ambiguity in the quoted sentence.

In the quoted sentence above, who doesn't know what to do? Is it the man or the new woman? So standing there not knowing what next to do should be underlined since it is causing confusion (ambiguity).

Search Google about ambiguity test and practice the questions you find online, then you are good to go. cool
thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
kaka22:

"The man welcomes the new woman, standing there not knowing what next to do, the man hugged the new woman".

mehn av tried lookin for ambiguity questions online buh am gettn different results.. Duno if u can help me out
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kaka22(m): 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Cutehector:
mehn av tried lookin for ambiguity questions online buh am gettn different results.. Duno if u can help me out
Eh e! I just searched Google and found little or nothing on that. Don't worry, the questions are simple. Ambiguity question is less than 10% of the whole question. cool
If you have a good command of English, you will pass. Just learn how to write memo and essay. Try to read on cashless Lagos also.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by hakintayor: 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Please ooo my people, I did the graduate trainee online test and i received a msg that i was sucesful but since dat time no any other update or communication. i even mail them but no response. what is hapening? nd who is with me?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by evolg(m): 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
hakintayor:
Please ooo my people, I did the graduate trainee online test and i received a msg that i was sucesful but since dat time no any other update or communication. i even mail them but no response. what is hapening? nd who is with me?
I'm sure u had ur test in lag
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by fineEagle: 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
hakintayor:

Just be patient. It's in batches. I was in your shoes and got a message only last week to come for the communication test at Lagos. I was tired and even forgot about the whole tin. Just pray and be patient. You will be called. #Fingers crossed#
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by djPyper: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
For those of us dat dont have anywhere to stay in lag, we can combine resources and get a hotel close to the place to stay thursday night
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 02, 2016
What happens if one doesn't have a valid means of identification.? I mean no national I'd,international passport,drivers license or voter's card? Please,I need an urgent reply as I am also scheduled to write the test this January. Thankyou all.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Sexyolori(f): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
ujubaybee:
Hi house..never knew sterling bank is stil sending out invitation for an Effective communications and writing skills test. I wrote the PBT at Enugu(Workforce)early dis month, and never got a feedback from them not untill this evening. Jst got a test msg frm dem inviting me for the writing test at Lagos nxt wk fri. Anybody in the same shoe?
In ur shoes dear. Sent you a mail...
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by fineEagle: 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
Kath5kouture:
What happens if one doesn't have a valid means of identification.? I mean no national I'd,international passport,drivers license or voter's card? Please,I need an urgent reply as I am also scheduled to write the test this January. Thankyou all.

Hi try doing the temporary national I.d card stuff. It's better that way.
Go to their office in your state,NIMC, they will give you the temporary national I.d card which you can use pending wen they give you the permanent id. hope that helps
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 04, 2016
fineEagle:

Hi try doing the temporary national I.d card stuff. It's better that way.
Go to their office in your state,NIMC, they will give you the temporary national I.d card which you can use pending wen they give you the permanent id. hope that helps

Thanks but that takes too long and the date for my test is on the 8th. I have to be in Lagos on d 6th which is Wednesday. Besides I have a friend that wrote d paper test with me n got called to Lagos d following week. She didnt have any valid Id too but she took the effective communication test. Meanwhile if there is any lady from pH going to Lagos for d test on the 6th lemme know so we can move together.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by fineEagle: 8:44am On Jan 04, 2016
Kath5kouture:

Thanks but that takes too long and the date for my test is on the 8th. I have to be in Lagos on d 6th which is Wednesday. Besides I have a friend that wrote d paper test with me n got called to Lagos d following week. She didnt have any valid Id too but she took the effective communication test. Meanwhile if there is any lady from pH going to Lagos for d test on the 6th lemme know so we can move together.

Has your friend been called to resume? Did she pass the interview?

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by napoleon002(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2016
kaka22:
Invitation never show ooo... sterling bank, how far?

v not seen invite for d interview too o...but tot u called dem and dey promised to get back. I don't rily know what's up sef
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Sexyolori(f): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
[quote author=Kath5kouture post=41629375]

Hun, ur temporary ID card is done in 1day. Try filling d form online and printing it out without rumpling it. It will make it fast for you as they don't need to collate your data afresh.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
[quote author=Sexyolori post=41643314][/quote]
Tanx
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
[quote author=fineEagle post=41634273][/quote]
No she is also waiting for the next stage like Kaka n co.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kaka22(m): 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
napoleon002:

v not seen invite for d interview too o...but tot u called dem and dey promised to get back. I don't rily know what's up sef
Yes, they said it's in batches but I am tired of the delay. They should let us get it over with... I think they will call us next week or call us for interview along with those that are about to write their effective communication test.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by LordClem(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
Who else is scheduled for Effective Communication and writing skills test tomorrow Thursday 7th? Or am I the only one
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by rollexsmith: 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please who have an idea of how long after the the effective comm test would the nxt stage be scheduled. I need to knw hw long I would have to wait in lag.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kaka22(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
rollexsmith:
Please who have an idea of how long after the the effective comm test would the nxt stage be scheduled. I need to knw hw long I would have to wait in lag.
It will take one week before you see the result of the test. It may take another week or more before you are scheduled for interview..
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Kanimoe(m): 6:52am On Jan 07, 2016
LordClem:
Who else is scheduled for Effective Communication and writing skills test tomorrow Thursday 7th? Or am I the only one

ME.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by witorwitoutyou(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2016
.....me don lose hope 4 dis recruitment,since dem no gree send us d PBT details 4 we in lag.
Are dey still call ppu 4 d pbt in lag?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by LordClem(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
For those of us that has just written Effective Communication test and those writing tomorrow, all the best. If u are yet to write, the scope of questions given above is correct. So u might want to study ahead.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by ujubaybee(f): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
LordClem:
For those of us that has just written Effective Communication test and those writing tomorrow, all the best. If u are yet to write, the scope of questions given above is correct. So u might want to study ahead.
How was it? Can u plz giv d exact questions?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by otimize(m): 8:37am On Jan 08, 2016
Pls house, how can i locate Awolowo way from unilag?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Mayodotun: 9:18am On Jan 08, 2016
Enter ikj under bridge and drop at d last bustop. Work forward nd locate ebun house
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by otimize(m): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2016
#Team2PM Who is with me?

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by fineEagle: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by evolg(m): 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
I wish u guys success

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (58) (Reply)

Kaduna State Government 2019 Recruitment Into Public Service. How To Apply / Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Application ON / United Nations Development Project. / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.