Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People (683 Views)

7 Ways To Deal With A Teen Who Talks Back / Ways To Deal With Changes In Marriage / How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People by yinkaoke(f): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
A friend of mine bought a land from this so called ‘estate agent companies’, I mean from those registered companies who buys in bulk and then sell in bits to individuals all in the name of setting up an estate. (e.g PARKVIEW ESTATE, ROCK VIEW ESTATE ETC)
He made payments for the land in instalment for 2years and could no longer complete his payment due to circumstances beyond control, to feed has practically become a problem as there is no means of survival, then he went to the company to make claims of his contribution so far, wrote them a letter and was expecting them to call him to come pick up his check.
Rather than call him; they (The Company) replied his letter stating two conditions:

1. That the right to pay him back his money is at their management discretion and that if at all they want to pay him, they will only pay him after deducting some charges like administrative charges amounting to 40% of his amount contributed so far, and the balance of 60% will be paid him in instalments the same way he made the contributions to the company.
2. That he should find a new buyer for the said land and communicate the same to the company for proper transfer of same. The company will also make some charges on the amount of sales.

All of this has since troubled my friend and when he told me I was very angry, so I told him to relax that we will sort for help.
Please kindly help out with your contributions house.

Which commission or agency can we sort for help in this regards ?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People by Favparis(f): 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
You should have hired the services of a Lawyer BRO..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People by PresVA: 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
What are the terms and conditions of the business?
Re: Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People by PresVA: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
I will advise him to pay off the remaining amount of money so that he can have full ownership of the land. .Once, he acquires the land, he can sell it off...
How is he going to do this? He should seek for someone willing to invest in real estate. .

The person will give him money which he will use to pay off the remaining amount he owes after which the person pays him the balance(amount he has paid so far) and then acquires the land...

Do you understand?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Draft A Letter To Deal With This People by DEGREE2466(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2015
Your friend should have known the rules guiding payment in instalments.

One of them is that ones the buyer is unable to make a complete payment, the owner of the property will take back what belongs to him.

So calling a lawyer is not an option because your friend has no case here rather I would suggest he do what the poster above me has written.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Fumigation And Pest Control Services In Lagos / What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo / I Need My Ex Husband Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.