Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 (38837 Views)

Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED / Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low / Buhari Slashes Federal Ministries To 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by vivianblog1(f): 5:39am On Nov 11, 2015
AHEAD of Wednesday’s (today) inauguration of 36 ministers-designate, there were indications on Tuesday that President Muhammadu Buhari, had reduced the number of federal ministries to 25 from about 29.

Under the new dispensation, the ministries of police affairs, aviation and special duties appear to have been scrapped while ministries of Lands, Housing, Urban Development and Works have been merged to become Ministry of Works and Housing. Also, the information, culture, national orientation and tourism ministries have been collapsed into one Ministry of Information and Culture.

Also, the Ministries of Sports as well as Youth Development have also been merged to form Ministry of Sports and Youth Development.

The Ministry of Aviation is now under the Ministry of Transportation, among other mergers.

The development came even as the President on Tuesday retired 17 permanent secretaries and announced the appointment of 18 new ones.

In fact, indication that the President had settled for just 25 ministries was contained in the announcement of the appointment and deployment of permanent secretaries by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina.

The permanent secretaries and their ministries, according to the list released by Adesina, are Dr. Shehu Ahmad (Agriculture and Rural Development); Mr. Sunday Echono (Communications); Alhaji Sabiu Zakari (Transportation); Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba (Information and Culture); Ambassador Danjuma Sheni (Defence); Dr. Shade Yemi-Esan (Education); Mrs. Fatima Mede (Budget and National Planning); Alhaji Mahmoud Isa Dutse (Finance); Ambassador Bulus Lolo (Foreign Affairs); and Dr. Amina Shamaki (Health).

Others are Mr. Aliyu Bisalla (Industry, Trade and Investment); Mr. Bassey Akpanyung (Internal Affairs); Mr. Taiwo Abidogun (Justice); Dr. Habiba Lawal (Science and Technology); Dr. Clement Illoh (Labour and Productivity); Dr. Jamila Shu’ara (Petroleum Resources); Mrs. Binta Bello (Women Affairs); Dr. Babatope Ajakaiye (Federal Capital Territory); Mrs. Rabi Jimeta (Water Resources); Dr. Bukar Hassan (Environment); Mrs. Wakama B. Asifieka (Niger Delta Affairs) and Mr. Istifanus Fuktur (Solid Minerals).

The remaining ones are Mr. Christian Ohaa (Youth and Sports); Engr. A.G. Magaji (Works and Housing); Mr. Louis Edozien (Power); Mr. Jalal Arabi (State House); Mr. Mohammed Bukar (General Services Office, OSGF); Mr. Abbas Mohammed (Ecological Fund Office, OSGF); Dr. Ugo Roy (Council Secretariat); Mr. Aminu Nabegu (Special Services Office, OSGF); Ambassador Bamgbose Akindele (Political Affairs Office, OSGF); Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo (Economic Affairs Office, OSGF); Mrs. Obiageli Nwokedi (Special Duties Office, OSGF); Mr. Innocent Ogbonnaya (Career Management Office, OHCSF); Mr. S.K.Y. Adelakun (Common Services Office, OHCSF) and Mrs. N. Batagarawa (Service Policy and Strategies Office, OHCSF).

The newly-appointed permanent secretaries are Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba; Alhaji Mahmoud Isa-Dutse; Mr. Taiwo Abidogun; Dr. Bukar Hassan; Mrs. Wakama Belema Asifieka; Mr. Jalal Ahmad Arabi; Mr. Sabiu Zakari; Mrs. Obiageli Phyllis Nwokedi; Mr. Aminu Nabegu and Mr. Bamgbose Olukunle Oladele.

Others are Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo; Dr. Shehu Ahmed; Mr. Ogbonnaya Innocent Kalu; Mrs. Nuratu Jimoh Batagarawa; Mr. Christian Chinyeaka Ohaa; Mr. Bassey Apkanyung; Mr. Louis Edozien and Dr. Ugo Roy.

Adesina said the appointments took effect from Monday, two days ago.

A top government official told our correspondent on Tuesday that “the pattern of the list you see in the statement may be a sign of what to come as far as the number of ministries to be maintained by the President are concerned.”

Buhari on Tuesday afternoon held a closed-door meeting with federal permanent secretaries at the Presidential Villa and reportedly told the affected officials about their retirement at the meeting.

The permanent secretaries were led to the closed-door meeting with the President by the acting Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita.

A Presidency source told our correspondent that most of the affected permanent secretaries were those who had been seniors to Oyo-Ita in the civil service.

Buhari had appointed Oyo-Ita in acting capacity recently following the exit of Mr. Danladi Kifasi.

One of the affected permanent secretaries told our correspondent that Oyo-Ita broke down in tears when the President made his intention known during the meeting.

Another source told The PUNCH that the Presidency would not make any formal pronouncement on the sackings until when the affected officials might have received their letters.

The permanent secretaries who attended the Tuesday’s meeting with the President included Dr. Godknows Igali (Power); Mr. Taiye Haruna (Petroleum Resources); Mrs. Anastacia Nwaobia (Finance); Mr. John Chukwu (Federal Capital Territory); Aliyu Ismaila (Defence); Nebolisa Emordi (State House); Ibukun Odusote (Office of the SGF); Mr. Linus Awute (Health) and Abdullahi Yola (Justice), among others.

Source http://punchng.com/buhari-slashes-federal-ministries-to-25/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Rexsul: 5:40am On Nov 11, 2015
As long as it wil bring positive CHANGE (nt jst change) then no problem......i swear if ds Government 4uck up ehh i no go eva vote 4 any politician again.....lemme go brush my teeth first.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by HowAreYou(m): 5:44am On Nov 11, 2015
Today My Post Hit Front-Page.. cheesy
I still kon be STC here again...cheesy

Sign of Good Things Coming!

Say this Prayer After Me..
Gbomi, if anybody say u no go make am ''hear dis! !!!! Ayipa niti steering, Atepa niti brake, Afapa niti gear, Awapa niti motor Na so ur enemy life go b'''' Oya gba ori mu ki o kepe oluwa lohun rara! !! pariwo bi eniti team e score'''so wipe Olorun oooooo! !!!!!!! Tani eni na to gba iphone 6 lowo mi to wa gbe Nokia 3310 lemi lowo ina Olorun oooooo!!! jo won pa, ki o si fi iphone 6+ ropo fun mi'''Adura! !!!! cheesycheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Wake me up when u ve real news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by dammytosh: 5:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Welcome development.

Looking at how things will unfold in the coming months, then we do a constructive assessment of the admnistration not some 'We lose election and he pain us' kind of craps called write ups.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by madridguy(m): 5:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Rexsul: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2015
dammytosh:
Welcome development.

Looking at how thing will unfold in the coming months, then we do a constructive assessment of the admnistration not some 'We lose election and he pain us' kind of craps called write ups.
eee b like say u dey my mind

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by RichDad1(m): 5:54am On Nov 11, 2015
If it's for the greater good of the masses, it's a welcome development.
Ride on Baba go slow and steady. coolcool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by watered(m): 5:55am On Nov 11, 2015
Bubu do as you like. Time and chance happeneth to them all.

"Life is like a ball, the one who is at the top today will be at the bottom tomorrow and the one who is at the bottom today will be at the top tomorrow" -Nelson Mandela

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Demmocrats(m): 5:55am On Nov 11, 2015
My Sai Buhari always on point.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by lumzybo: 6:00am On Nov 11, 2015
I am totally in support of the merger. Nice move PMB.

I pray for wisdom from above for u to direct the affairs of this country (amen)

God bless Nigeria

In other news, I can't wait 4 the official announcement of who get what ministry.

#goodluck guys

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by saint047(m): 6:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Am not interested in all the stories of slash or merge , just get to work

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Opinedecandid(m): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2015
We, the good people of Nigeria are still looking:

'OUR WATCH'
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by bewla(m): 6:03am On Nov 11, 2015
good for duplication of office
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by shadelek(m): 6:05am On Nov 11, 2015
I knew from the start that this man has positive plans for this country. The only problem is that Nigerians can not wait to see miracles happening. Take it, this man is our saviour but it will take him a longer period of time to rebuild what has been damaged for the past 16yrs by the so called PDP. Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria, Long Live President Mohammed Buhari, Long Live Nigerians.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Mjshexy(f): 6:05am On Nov 11, 2015
God Bless Nigeria. The Country is undergoing a thorough process of scrutiny, we just hope for the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Realdeals(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2015
With this arrangement ministry of transportation could end up having three ministers of state.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by disloman(m): 6:14am On Nov 11, 2015
This is how legends role.To those who have a nigerian father and a Biafra mother or d other way round,be ready to be called half-cast.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by golor(m): 6:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Rexsul:
As long as it wil bring positive CHANGE (nt jst change) then no problem......i swear if ds Government 4uck up ehh i no go eva vote 4 any politician again.....lemme go brush my teeth first.
U said it
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by golor(m): 6:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Rexsul:
U said it all,if dis gvt fail us,then I swear 9ja is in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Aufbauh(m): 6:17am On Nov 11, 2015
So finally, the underground work is coming to an end. With the inauguration of ministers & their deployment to their respective ministries, it is now time for Nigerians to watch the edifice of CHANGE begin to rise out of a new and strong foundation.
Our country’s season of austerity is coming to an end. Life will get better for every Nigerian, in every geopolitical zone of our country.

This is what i saw and voted for PMB!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by biznus: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2015
That moment when a nairalander keeps telling nairalnders his album drops in 48 hrs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by ziccoit: 6:19am On Nov 11, 2015
25 ministries are somehow bogus in my opinion especially when we are thriving to cut cost of governance. Anyway, my president knows the best and I am confident he will do what is the best for my country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by handie(m): 6:21am On Nov 11, 2015
*singing in tupac's voice* That's just the way it is, things will never be the same, that's just the way it is, oh yea. #Changes

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Oyo
handie:
*singing in tupac's voice* That's just the way it is, things will never be the same, that's just the way it is, oh yea. #Changes

Still singing *** I have seen changes...
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by menix(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
As long as Amaechi is not among the 25 to be selected, Bubu carry on...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by otukpo(f): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Good like that

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by DjAndroid: 6:30am On Nov 11, 2015
I THOUGHT THEY SAID INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION WILL BE UNDER PRESIDENCY
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by omenka(m): 6:31am On Nov 11, 2015
In the end, we shall be vindicated.
Nice move Baba. Omenka trusts your judgement 100%.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by JudgeWilson(m): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2015
Better.... Hope its works effectively
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Pavore9: 6:37am On Nov 11, 2015
That is good. Hoping to now get a real feel of PMB's direction.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Bobbystanley(m): 6:46am On Nov 11, 2015
Nothing Good has been achieved after 101 years of Amalgamation of this geographical expression called Nigeria.

It took the Isrealites over 400 years to leave Egypt.

Biafra is about leaving the sinking ship called Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos) / Youths Chant "BUHARI MUST GO" At Boss Mustapha At Jonathan's Book Launch / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.