Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times (24003 Views)

Benue Governor Ortom Working On His Farm / Governor Ortom Rolls On The Floor, Prays, Begs God For Forgiveness / Amidst Cash Crunch, Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5 Billion Luxury Vehicles For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by otswag(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2015
Smh. I give up. The bright light at d end of d tunnel was a mirage. I fear for this country not because of the level of corruption but because our leaders engage in corruption so confidently and openly that one would believe they are untouchable. When they begin to @least hide their thievery from public scrutiny, then i will know there is hope for this country. For now, in olamide's voice " baa mi loke, e dariji won ke. Awon oga ole ati awon oloriburuku yii o ni pe te"

2 Likes

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by handie(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2015
A
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by steffans(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2015
Kk
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 11, 2015
veraponpo:

We should not equate government position with suffering, the same way we should not equate it with life of opulence.

Do we expect the commissioners to ride in second hand cars? Many of them are not poor as a person. That is why I laugh at Ben Bruce campaigning against first class/ business class flight for ministers. Do you want Fashola or Amaechi to sit in economy class? Quite unreasonable. how much is it- while economy might be N15,000 from Lagos to Abuja and Abuja to Lagos, first class might be N43,000. Are you saying those ministers cannot afford such?

What I need from them is performance and transparency.
Wat right have u then to attack Diezanni, and NOI or Obanikoro or Fashola or Akpabio or Saraki??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by FagsamPHP(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2015
K
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by ernesty20(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Buhari and his cohorts will milk this country dry
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by benuejosh: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Hmmmm.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Azatitebi(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Na wa!
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2015
Give us Biafra oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
We are sick and tired of living with deceit and propaganda gurus!
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 11, 2015
Possible corrupt behaviour.

We cannot have governors doing the same old same old. We voted out corruption, we do not want it in new clothes.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by mrkings84(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2015
I would rather vote for balance than change

To get ur luxury car also see my signature boh
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2015
He has paid those who matter, the rest of you are just wailing wailers (to use the new nairaland lingo)
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by caesaraba(m): 9:14am On Nov 11, 2015
caspet:
Benue state....d state wit d worst & dilapidated basic amenities yet spending dis much on cars..which way APC

How else do you want them to get the money to build hotels and filling stations? A cesspool of a state run by people allergic to development.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2015
veraponpo:

We should not equate government position with suffering, the same way we should not equate it with life of opulence.

Do we expect the commissioners to ride in second hand cars? Many of them are not poor as a person. That is why I laugh at Ben Bruce campaigning against first class/ business class flight for ministers. Do you want Fashola or Amaechi to sit in economy class? Quite unreasonable. how much is it- while economy might be N15,000 from Lagos to Abuja and Abuja to Lagos, first class might be N43,000. Are you saying those ministers cannot afford such?

At the moment, we do not have the money.....so yes, I expect savings to be made.....even if it means that Mr Government official rides in second hand cars, or flying in economy class.

Or do you have a secret plan to increase oil price.....so that we can get extra money.

We do not have the money. So...sacrifices have to be made by everyone.

1 Like

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Mboi: 9:15am On Nov 11, 2015
APC govt came to kill. How many cars did Stella Odua buy when they started shouting "Corruption"? If you check properly you'll find out he's owing salaries more up to 5months.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2015
frenchpharaoh1:
Give us Biafra oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
We are sick and tired of living with deceit and propaganda gurus!

The same SE that has the same old problem with corruption?

Better face the corruption issue before facing Biafra....or else you will end up with regrets.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Mboi:
APC govt came to kill. How many cars did Stella Odua buy when they started shouting "Corruption"? If you check properly you'll find out he's owing salaries more up to 5months.

Stella bought four cars at N250million each.

And yes...both she and Mr Ortom's car purchase are wrong.....and must be stopped.

Nigeria does not have enough money.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by babasolo(m): 9:18am On Nov 11, 2015
De tin wey pain me pass na Toyota camry LE/corolla 2015 model,, were dem wan drive am? Wen de street to my own house no good hwmuch more of main roads??
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2015
How can this country ever be better??
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by marv1: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2015
zaragoza:
Is this not the same governor trying to probe the immediate past governor for embezzlement?
If u ask me. Who i go ask? It is a shame. What he is accusing somebody is what he is doing. Polithievians are rogues in different dimensions.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by HirstMOG(m): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2015
The first comment I was expecting to see; "Wailing wailers keep wailing". Maybe is cos APCs on Nairaland are still sleeping. Changing the name of a person doesn't change the character of that person. APC shame!!!!

1 Like

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
iyke926:
How can this country ever be better??

If you ask me...it starts by us changing the idea that government job is our time to chop.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by femialiu(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Where did premium times find a Toyota Land Cruiser for 11Million Naira? This report is misleading. Toyota Corrola 2015 sells for 7.1 mIllion. Rather than bashing the Governor based on this misleading junks...please drive down to Elizade or RT Briscoe to get a P.I for these vehicles. Carmudi sells fairly used cars...

2 Likes

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Jolumania432(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
shocked Lawa ooo...Abeg dose ppl 4 there state na cars dem go dey eat?
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by vivacious01: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2015
This is sad, civil servants are dying in their numbers in Benue and all he is doing is buying cars.Why won't these Governors pay these overdue salaries first biko?
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2015
That Governor is bastard.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by free2ryhme: 9:31am On Nov 11, 2015
THIS REPORT WAS WRITTEN BY AN IGNORAMOUS. OFFICIAL CARS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS IS NOT THE SAME AS GIVING THEM CAR LOANS TO BUY PRIVATE CARS FOR PRIVATE PERSONAL USE. GOVERNMENTS DO NOT BUY ON THE BASIS OF CASH AND CARRY HENCE NO CAR DEALER WILL SUPPLY THEM AT LIST PRICE WITHOUT ADDING THE COST OF BORROWED FUND FOR SUPPLYING THE CARS ON CREDIT AND OTHER LOGISTICS.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by gabng(m): 9:31am On Nov 11, 2015
veraponpo:

Shut up if you can't use you brain for what it was meant for.

What is the market price for these vehicles and the fact that they are buying multiple units further discounts can be gotten.

Ask for a current price list from Toyota Nigeria Limited and you will know the Prado was inflated by over 5m
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by babkunlex(m): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2015
Ibrahim Magu of EFCC where at is thy search light... Benue needs your urgent attention for there's a thief in the government house.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by UnknownT: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2015
me69:
Is it annual salary or mensual salary. 1.3M for commissioners annually is just over 108K per month ooo
BASIC SALARY! That's without allowances
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Soneh(m): 9:34am On Nov 11, 2015
veraponpo:

did you read what was written there at all or didn't you see where it was written that the cars were bought at outrageous price compared to their normal price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Deploys State-Of-The-Art Technology In Search Of Oil In North / EFCC Arrests Nkechi Ejele, Sacked Permanent Secretary / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Mama Taraba(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.