Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos (13764 Views)

Boy Set His Friend Ablaze Over Mobile Phone In Enugu / Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) / Lover Sets His Girlfriend, Friend Ablaze (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by ijustdey: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2015
By Evelyn Usman, Lucky Nwanekwu & Chiebuka Enwere
LAGOS—One person was allegedly set ablaze during a brawl in a shanty in Lekki area of Lagos, yesterday.
Another, said to have sustained severe burns, was at press time receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital in the area.
This is just as Sara Foam industry in Kirikiri area of the state went up in flames, destroying property which monetary value could not be immediately ascertained.
On the Lekki death, Vanguard gathered that fight broke out between two friends in Awoyaya Elefo area during which one of them was said to have set alight a shanty occupied by his rival.
South-West spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye, who confirmed the incident, said: “Another person that was severely injured is presently receiving medical treatment in the hospital.”

Sara Foam
No life was lost in the Sara Foam fire, said to have been caused by electricity surge. Report said an explosion occurred from one of the firm’s air conditioners at about 1.30p.m.
Efforts by the members of staff to contain the fire, said to have started from the warehouse, failed and it spread to the administrative department and other buildings.
An eyewitness, Nelson Innocent Ibokwe, said: “I rushed to the company when I heard the fire alarm. Some of the staff tried to salvage some of the products. But the fire was massive.
“This is the second time this incident is occurring; it happened two months ago and it is not clear yet what caused the last one.
“The only water we got to use at first was the one from the gutter close to the company.
However, companies around, such as Ford Motors and an oil company, later assisted us with water. I thank God that my company evacuated their things before the fire spread.”

We lost over N1bn—Sara Foam MD

Also, Managing Director of Sara Foam, Mr. Mohammed Rana, a Lebanese, described the incident as devastating, particularly as it happened about a year after the demise of its owner.
According to Rana, “the fire was caused by a power surge. It has no connection with what happened last month. It just happened and a spark from the air conditioner led to all these.

“Fire service from Julius Berger arrived 30 minutes after the fire started because the roads are very bad. Several persons sustained varying degrees of injuries during the ensuing stampede.
“We have lost over a billion naira. We are calling on the state government to come to our aid and those of thousands of Nigerians because our foam is a major product in Nigeria.”
Director, State Fire Service, Rasaq Fadipe, said three fire trucks were drafted to the scene.
He said: “Just as we were battling the fire, another distress call was received from Awoyaya Elefo Lekki.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/man-sets-friend-ablaze-injures-another-in-lagos/

lalasticlala
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by naijaboiy: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2015
Over N 1bn?

Is it me or this people just like to exaggerate their losses out of greed just in case the government decides to compensate them

11 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2015
WTF shocked
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by hayodeyji(m): 8:11am On Nov 11, 2015
angry
To SARA FOAM, God will replenish your company's loss.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by ernesty20(m): 8:14am On Nov 11, 2015
Buhari!!!!
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by tunjiajayi: 8:17am On Nov 11, 2015
@sarafoam - no mail insurance
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2015
1 BILLION? OK kwatinue undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Lilimax(f): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2015
The Topic talked about a man that sets his friend ablaze only for the story to end up with
Sara foam fire incident? undecided

Which way? embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by NinaTohBadt(f): 8:54am On Nov 11, 2015
That's gruesome

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Richie0974: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2015
It is the work of the devil.. . lipsrsealed
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by 69MissedCalls(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2015
this story was poorly written. first you said someone started the fire then you said air conditioner blew. which way o? which way? pishure or... u know na grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Demmocrats(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2015
Lilimax:
The Topic talked about a man that sets his friend ablaze only for the story to end up with
Which way? embarassed

The writer is on Orubebe Weed, its not his fault.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Hawlahscho(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2015
Now that AC is causing fire, they should stop using it and try INTER or ROMA. sad

lipsrsealed
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by NinaTohBadt(f): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2015
wink

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Sijo01(f): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2015
Since him don roast he friend, make he chop am too
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2015
angry Is it wrong to keep friends again
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by 9jizzy(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2015
I'm I the only one that haven't heard of this "sara foam" before Well I think I'm okay with mouka foam & pillow grin grin grin

Sorry for your loss tho

3 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by techmart(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2015
evil everywhere. ..God bless the land
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Lincoln275(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2015
Dear BIAFRANS, I support your struggle 100% but my problem with you is the approach you applied. I would want to suggest the following procedures and I can assure you it's going to work out successfully. If you can unite and follow the following steps you are about to read then, welcome to the Federal Republic of Biafra in advance. STEP 1 Withdraw all your services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians short of Igbo services as you are the backbone of the country. STEP 2 Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders, e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C. STEP 3 Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called, Nigeria. STEP 4 Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. You are very industrious, you will be better off without its resources. STEP 5 Stop all form of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that Nigeria will crumble without your Tax. STEP 6 Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate home until this fight is over, so that Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriate. STEP 7 Lock up all your shops in Idumota, Alaba international, Kano markets, and every other market, even in the remote villages across the Country. STEP 8 Go beyond closing Niger bridge thus, stop Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba. STEP 9 Make sure you make your Visa very hard for Nigerians. STEP 10 Thus, this fight will then be achieved without Violence, just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure you don't fight it with weapons. Make sure you feed the young ones with the history of previous unsuccessful Biafran War. IGBO KWENU !!! hee! Copied and edited. LOBATAN

5 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 11, 2015
Over 1billion naira? sad That's a huge loss.

4 Likes

Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by allisonluvsu(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2015
ok
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by piperson(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2015
bad news.. but we can always relax our mind with this beautiful song .. did a cover on dija's yaro... picosong.com/download/uCe4
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by Sijo01(f): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Lilimax:

Which way? embarassed

I taya my sister. Even their identity was not disclosed.
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by menix(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Setting someone ablaze Them tie the person rope?

Sara foam Sara foam Sara foam, how many times I call una
Nah frozen thunder go pursue una comot for kirikiri.

Barely 2 month the whole company almost finished nd yet another one, come Sara foam nah inferno be the juju wey una come do for Nigeria

I have lost count of how many times that company have been razed yet our authorities re there waiting till they kill hundreds of Nigerians..
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by hazyfm1: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
cry
Re: Man Sets Friend Ablaze, Injures Another In Lagos by sternlley(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Over a billion kor, over a billion ni ...... Awon ole .. Una don exxagerate d loss to collect more compensation from FG abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Wine Brewer Arrested In Imo / Lovers Pretend To Be Abducted In Akwa Ibom, Seek N4 Million From Family / Yuletide: Police Starts 24-hours Surveillance Of 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.