Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Effects Of A Broken Home On A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Effects Of A Broken Home On A Child (981 Views)

The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us / Home On The Rock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Effects Of A Broken Home On A Child by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2015
A broken home can disrupt and confuse a child's world. This is true from infancy through the teen years. No one wants to lose the secure feeling that a family provides. Children experience a wide array emotions to try to navigate. Parents have to provide as much stability as possible and involve other responsible role models to provide support for their child. It is important that the child knows that he is still safe, loved and cherished.infant or small child can sense conflict within the family if a parent's mood changes Babies respond to changes physically. Eating or sleep patterns could be altered. The baby may seem anxious and demonstrate this nervousness by spitting up or experiencing bowel complications. A toddler can regress if he has previously been potty trained and resort to baby behaviors, like needing to be spoon fed.Frustration with a broken family unit can manifest through open aggression by hitting, throwing tantrums and other outward expressions of pain. The younger child is not able to express emotions verbally and does not understand the negative feelings he's experiencing, suggests Lesia Oesterreich, M.S., of the National Network for Child Care website. It is important that the parent help the child vocalize these emotions and make him aware that these are valid feelings. Redirect this frustration and aggression by giving your child the words to communicate his pain.
Your child may feel embarrassed that his family is not intact and withdraw from normal activities. He could put on a brave front, pretending that everything is okay even when hurting. Maintain established routines at your home to make everything feel as normal as possible, suggests Michelle New, Ph.D. of the Kids Health website. Encourage your child to have close contact with family and friends to encourage him at this time, so he knows he's not alone.

Re: The Effects Of A Broken Home On A Child by SimonStiles: 10:57am On Nov 21, 2018
hey guys, check out on broken family and the major causes https://www.teachalearner.com/broken-family/

(1) (Reply)

It's My Hubby's Birthday Today / I / Re-igniting A Dying Passion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.