Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? (11009 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by coolfaced8(f): 12:41pm On May 18, 2009
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Krayola(m): 12:58pm On May 18, 2009
There are many benefits to a woman knowing how to cook. The list is endless.

That said, it is tempting to think because we have always known something to be a particular way that is how it is supposed to be, but just because something seems to be obvious does not make it true (remember it was obvious that the earth was flat, or that the atom was the smallest particle,  now we know these to be very wrong and even ridiculous). It is not natural for women to cook. Breathing is natural, farting is natural, urinating is natural, suckling is natural, eating is natural, breast feeding is natural,  these are things that are absolutely necessary for survival. Women used to be home makers because that was what was absolutely necessary for us to survive as a species.

That is no longer the case,  we have developed as a species,  we no longer live in the wild. Lions still do, birds still do ,  so they do not have to change the ways they interact with the environment. Our environments have changed,  we live in houses, we have jobs. professions, commerce, other social institutions that can ensure safety.e.g police, fire dept, ambulances, etc,  we have nurses, nannies. Ignoring all these realities and how they can affect people's lives, while sticking to some old, old, oooold view that cooking is a role that nature mandates for women is, in my opinion, beyond silly.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and though i agree with 95% of the posters here that anyone that marries a woman that cannot cook is missing out, i totally disagree that motherhood is not for such a woman. I've seen them excel at it,  over and over again.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by kaghoe(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2009
AS A PROPER ISOKO MAN FROM DELTA STATE, IT IS HIGHLY COMPULSORY FOR A WOMAN TO KNOW HOW TO COOK. grin
secondly, there is an unusual bond it creates between couples. i know a lot of men who call their wife on their way from work and say '' honey, what's for supper''. u see, they look 4ward to the meals. a man traveled to the US and called his wifey, my cousin, that one thing he misses apart from her is her cooking--- married 4 14 years.
dont get me wrong o. wives are not house helps. but i really really support the face that a woman much know how to cook.
abi u never hear say because of good food, some men go marry another woman. no be say dem drive the original woman comot from house o.
men love good food and the naturally tilt towards the source of good food, (all those campus boys, una dey feel me). one cool way to a man's heart is thru his stomach
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Oxone(m): 2:44am On May 19, 2009
yeah she should know how to cook

we musnt always eat out undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Realsam(m): 6:11am On May 19, 2009
See forget about modernisation it is compulsory, there is no gender equality that can remove this fact ask yourself is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by samparian(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2009
she MUST be able to cook. not just cook anything.
she MUST be excellent in the kitchen and bedroom. Its a fact about men. even if we dont acknowledge it.

Women loose their husbands to other women because of good food and good sex. plain and simple.
I'm very good in the kitchen and my wife should be better than me in that field, naturally.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 8:47am On May 19, 2009
@poster!! your post sound sooooooo!!!!! ridiculous then who is she then to the man? babe factory? or a picture frame that the man can place at the corner of his house

Lmao easy dear we are not fighting. a woman can do so many things for a man. marriage is not
just about cooking, and having sex.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by C2H5OH(f): 9:06am On May 19, 2009
oh come on don't be naive. it's obvious that these ones doing shakara already know the truths and realities they are faced with. if they choose not to cook for you they can go ahead and settle down with their white men.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:11am On May 19, 2009
C2H5OH:

oh come on don't be naive. it's obvious that these ones doing shakara already know the truths and realities they are faced with. if they choose not to cook for you they can go ahead and settle down with their white men.
so you think only whites should marry women who doesn't know how to cook? firstly let me clear out and say I do know how to cook, but cooking should not be a must for women, if you knows how to cook good for you, if you don't so what?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by C2H5OH(f): 9:17am On May 19, 2009
sexyLeamon:

so you think only whites should marry women who doesn't know how to cook? firstly let me clear out and say I do know how to cook, but cooking should not be a must for women, if you knows how to cook good for you, if you don't so what?
They are more accustomed to it.  We didn't grow up in the white man's system.   We have our defined roles, and we are used to our women cooking.  In other words, we assume full responsibility of financing the household, being the bread winner, and other so called "manly" responsibilities, while your responsibility is to nurture your family.  I don't wish to step out of that comfort zone.  If you can not give me what I want, you are worthless to me.

Doesn't mean a woman's worth is only in her culinary abilities.   We all grew up in systems.  Some are willing to step out of that system, others aren't.  Watevur werks fa yhu. Feel me?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:20am On May 19, 2009
C2H5OH:

Doesn't mean a woman's worth is only in her culinary abilities. We all grew up in systems. Some are willing to step out of that system, others aren't. Watevur werks fa yhu. Feel me?
fair enough
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by C2H5OH(f): 9:21am On May 19, 2009
What's fair to you might be unfair to others. And that is how it works in life. Right ma?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:24am On May 19, 2009
C2H5OH:

What's fair to you might be unfair to others. And that is how it works in life. Right ma?
ya but am really amazed at how much guys love food geez
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by chinesedoll(f): 9:29am On May 19, 2009
C2H5OH:

They are more accustomed to it. We didn't grow up in the white man's system. We have our defined roles, and we are used to our women cooking. In other words, we assume full responsibility of financing the household, being the bread winner, and other so called "manly" responsibilities, while your responsibility is to nurture your family. I don't wish to step out of that comfort zone. If you can not give me what I want, you are worthless to me.

Doesn't mean a woman's worth is only in her culinary abilities. We all grew up in systems. Some are willing to step out of that system, others aren't. Watevur werks fa yhu. Feel me?

True talk
why should cooking for my husband and family be an issue undecided undecided
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by biola44: 10:30am On May 19, 2009
It is important for the woman to know how to cook, but the man should assist when she's too tired or unavailable, however i believe it's the woman's basic responsibility.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by bidex(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2009
it is extremely compulsry for a woman to know how to cook or else she's selling her right to someone else outside that knows how to cook
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Meldrick(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2009
It's just like asking the question, is it compulsory for the man to provide for the family? Why shouldn't the woman be able to cook. What the she spend all her youth doing. eating burger. I guess. As for me, good cooking is a pre-requisite for marriage with a woman.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by honeyyetty(f): 6:20pm On May 19, 2009
why would a woman nt knw hw to cook? anyway it can happen cos i watch a movie like dat tittle AYE OLOMOKAN.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Mentuzza(m): 8:13pm On May 19, 2009
I remember my father-in law tellin me 3 things that make a woman more successful in her marraige: 1. Can cook good food. 2. bedroom talented 3. can keep the home clean. U want  2 beat that ?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nokka: 11:05am On May 20, 2009
Food and pure non-manipulative sex provides an avenue for you to have fellowship with your man. When there is fellowship, there is connection, And connection gives you access to his heart. Only then will your request be met. And I'm not talking about financial request only, but other requests like wanting him to spend more time with you, relying on you, taking you along in his decisions, playing with kids, taking you out, rubbing your back, etc.

This will never be taught in the classroom. It's something you simply observed while growing up if the home is healthy.

This is the sort of stuff people write in books and sell millions of copies of.
The element of deep toasting has been lost.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by tpiah: 6:16pm On May 20, 2009
in other words, any man who marries a woman knowing she cant cook, is likely to be a more tolerant person.

Increasing his chances of having a fulfilled marriage?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by oge4real(f): 6:21pm On May 20, 2009
is it compulsory for a man to make money undecided undecided
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Krayola(m): 9:11am On May 21, 2009
oge4real:

is it compulsory for a man to make money undecided undecided

Not if he can find a way to get Oprah pregnant,  or Beyonce. I'll take Beyonce   grin
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by topsy25(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2009
sexyLeamon:

Hello Sexy, in dreamland it may not be a must but here in Africa it is. A woman who is really interested in keeping her marriage CANNOT shy away from cooking.

Try to watch this movie: AYE OLOMOKAN. U'll learn.

Chiao
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by topsy25(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2009
tpiah:

in other words, any man who marries a woman knowing she cant cook, is likely to be a more tolerant person.

Increasing his chances of having a fulfilled marriage?

Dont be deceived, it doesn't work that way.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:26am On May 21, 2009
topsy25:

Hello Sexy, in dreamland it may not be a must but here in Africa it is.
Lmao!

topsy25:

A woman who is really interested in keeping her marriage CANNOT shy away from cooking.
I hear you. grin  I've always thought it would be fun to be in a relationship with a man who loves to cook and sometimes we both can cook together. I do agree that a woman should knows how to cook, I just do not understand why it should be compursory like women belong in the kitchen
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by coolfaced8(f): 10:46am On May 21, 2009
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nokka: 11:23am On May 21, 2009
by the comments I made above, could actually be writing as a book?

In three sentences you paraphrased 3 Tyra Banks shows in a way both women and men could instantly grasp. That is not an easy task.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by godisgr8(m): 3:52pm On May 21, 2009
This is not something we should be debating on this forum.

It is the norm and the most basic thing a woman, I mean a true woman should know how to do. I f a woman does not know how to cook, then she is not worth the salt.

I can't marry such a woman, especially if she is not willing to learn.

But hey ladies out there, I love u all like my mother.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by ThinkRait: 9:17am On May 22, 2009
Yeah!
A woman MUST know how to cook.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Sissy3(f): 8:56pm On May 22, 2009
it is necessary at least to know how to boil white rice grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2009
I say yes, a woman should know how to cook and if she didn't learn while she was coming up she can use recipes to at least prepare something half way decent for herself and her family. After a couple of trials and errors, she'll be a gourmet chef!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets On New Year’s Day In Enugu / UK Barely Used Baby Gears And Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.