Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

The Clamour For The State Called BIAFRA. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Clamour For The State Called BIAFRA. (601 Views)

North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / There Was A State Called Delta State. *sad* / Ways To End The Clamour For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Clamour For The State Called BIAFRA. by mirej(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
NB: Kindly read before commenting PLEASE!!!
Before anyone will call me a hausa goat or an oduduwa loyalist, let me say I am a NIGERIAN from the southeastern part of this country.
In Nigeria we tend to say our past leaders were great,selfless and patriotic but we shy away from the obvious truth that they were selfish, corrupt and tribalistic. But we can't blame them because as in every new thing we learn by trial and error- we may fall but we are supposed to look back and check what made us fall. Our past leaders may have failed because they were new in the business of managing a multi-cultural country like ours but must we now repeat their mistakes? We supposed to have learnt from their mistakes and make informed decisions.
As human beings, when things aren't going our way we tend to blame others, it happens all over the country like the Yorubas blaming the Igbos for taking up lands and businesses in their towns and the Hausas accusing the Igbos of being arrogant, the igbos blaming Hausas & Yorubas for hating them. One thing is clear, we all have our differences, Nigeria is not perfect but we have a responsibility to contribute positively to it.
I have three questions for my NIGERIAN brothers clamouring for the state of biafra.
1) What are your expectations of the state of biafra?
2) Since you were born Nigerian how do you think you can improve biafra to be better than Nigeria?
3) Since u've lost faith in the KNOWN ie Nigeria, then why do u place so much faith in the UNKOWN ie Biafra?
In my opinion I think we should be clamouring for regionalization and decentralization of power instead of individual states like Biafra.
Please think deeply before commenting. I'm just trying to enlighten my misled brothers. Please don't take it personally.
Re: The Clamour For The State Called BIAFRA. by mirej(m): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: The Clamour For The State Called BIAFRA. by Scout60(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
mirej:
NB: Kindly read before commenting PLEASE!!!
Before anyone will call me a hausa goat or an oduduwa loyalist, let me say I am a NIGERIAN from the southeastern part of this country.
In Nigeria we tend to say our past leaders were great,selfless and patriotic but we shy away from the obvious truth that they were selfish, corrupt and tribalistic. But we can't blame them because as in every new thing we learn by trial and error- we may fall but we are supposed to look back and check what made us fall. Our past leaders may have failed because they were new in the business of managing a multi-cultural country like ours but must we now repeat their mistakes? We supposed to have learnt from their mistakes and make informed decisions.
As human beings, when things aren't going our way we tend to blame others, it happens all over the country like the Yorubas blaming the Igbos for taking up lands and businesses in their towns and the Hausas accusing the Igbos of being arrogant, the igbos blaming Hausas & Yorubas for hating them. One thing is clear, we all have our differences, Nigeria is not perfect but we have a responsibility to contribute positively to it.
I have three questions for my NIGERIAN brothers clamouring for the state of biafra.
1) What are your expectations of the state of biafra?
2) Since you were born Nigerian how do you think you can improve biafra to be better than Nigeria?
3) Since u've lost faith in the KNOWN ie Nigeria, then why do u place so much faith in the UNKOWN ie Biafra?
In my opinion I think we should be clamouring for regionalization and decentralization of power instead of individual states like Biafra.
Please think deeply before commenting. I'm just trying to enlighten my misled brothers. Please don't take it personally.
u are on point what I clamour is regionalism or division
Re: The Clamour For The State Called BIAFRA. by moderation2020: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
ibu afoanu

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Sets Targets For His Ministers / GEJ@ 58: Top 58 Quotes Of The Ex- President Nigerians Can Never Forget / NGN1 To USD1 Is Realistic, See The Steps Taken By Buhari To Make It Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.