Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine (42325 Views)

NAFDAC Bursts Counterfeit Moet, Chandon Wine, St. Remy Brandy, Others / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by morereb10: 6:42am On Nov 12, 2015
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has fined Guinness Nigeria Plc, N1bn for violating laid down rules.

Punch Newspapers reports that NAFDAC accused Guinness of allegedly revalidating expired products without authorisation and supervision, and exposing its raw materials to rodents.

An excerpt of the letter from NAFDAC, which was obtained from Punch, reads “In view of the above, you are further required to take the following actions: disclosure of all your warehouses in the country and submission of inventory level of the stock thereof; submit a written voluntary consent of forfeiture for destruction of the expired and revalidated raw materials discovered in your warehouse; and submit a notarised undertaking to comply with all the guidelines, rules, regulations and enactments of the agency, and to refrain from any future violations.”

See more on http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/food-drug-angency-nafdac-slash-guinness.html

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by khristals(m): 6:45am On Nov 12, 2015
Recently everyone is getting fined..

Nice grin

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 12, 2015
I see fine every where... revenue cheesy

153 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by MARQUIZ(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2015
Leggo!

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by JingoOAU(m): 6:54am On Nov 12, 2015
Oh boy, 2016 budget money don dey complete be that

241 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2015
We are hustling to save Light's life, they are struggling to poison life...

Check my signature

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by kokozain(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2015
This is the change to reality its no longer biz as usual. Everybody now waking up from slumber.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by wachakuta(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Sanity is returning to this Con3 at last!!

Sai PMB

God bless Nigeria

120 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nelkoko: 7:01am On Nov 12, 2015
Money from alcohol is a sin..wetin uncle bura wan use am do?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by menix(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2015
I said it, we will raise 2016 budget through Fine..

Well done NAFDAC but the fine is too small, 500 billion would ve been a fair fine..

Waiting for SON to fire their own Fine..

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Agimor(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2015
All the agency seem to have device a new strategy of making money.voilate any rules and regulation be fined Billions.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by segebobo: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't believe this news. Guinness is too big for that.
Kindly post the source link from Punch

5 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by QuotaSystem: 7:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Companies will have to sit up as our regulatory agencies have been given a new lease of life.

With the dipping oil prices, internally generated revenue will have to be the immediate fuel to power our diversification efforts.

...but it berra not affect the price of big stout cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ChappyChase: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2015
Menix just said my mind, butt I would have preferred it to be 1trillion so that our budget go plenty well well, and please they should extend this good works to shell and the likes!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by iahmed(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2015
i think dey deserved the fine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by EternalTruths: 7:13am On Nov 12, 2015
Jobs are lost when a government becomes hostile to companies

I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by iambabaG: 7:14am On Nov 12, 2015
Fine seems 2 be d new source of revenue..!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by FagsamPHP(m): 7:15am On Nov 12, 2015
K
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by matrix199(m): 7:16am On Nov 12, 2015
Good
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Obrigardo: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2015
I just need 10% of that 1 billion naira!

These companies have been running business like they are in no man's land. So Guinness should be kept in check. This is what jonathan failed to do, instead he was busy azzzlicking them here and there, handling them with kids gloves.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ademega(m): 7:16am On Nov 12, 2015
with these fines, oil money go be child z play. if u do any how u go see any how
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by looseweight: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2015
Wooow
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ichidodo: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2015
OK... so because dullardeen from Daura wants to scale a budget for his cronies to share, civil servants and agencies keen on sniffing body language or body odour like benzene crazed addicts have decided to cripple the private sector as well as the economy, indirectly, with FDI-deterent fines and what not,that is if Nigerian employees and consumers don't bear the heavy brunt.So,if you are done chasing away the few FDIs brave enough to do business in Nigeria, we are sure you just will come after our lean pockets with ridiculous taxation rates , after already being laid off in our thousands by your horribly concoted, extortionate and vindictive fiscal penalties on foreign blue-chips......Oh the follies of dulllardeen body odour sniffing chihuahuas and their kumbaya chanting gullible followers.. ..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Princenady(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2015
make nafdac no pursue guiness as ncc wan pursue mtn cos man must brew. click like if u want guiness to pay and share if u dont want them to pay. i will take d polls result to nafdac

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Ewooo.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by money121(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2015
From MTN to guiness

sai baba

sai buhari

change don land for here oooo

efeee ku

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by phayvoursky(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2015
HUGE FINES EVERYWHERE.

NCC FINED MTN. MTN IS VENTING ITS ANGER ON NIGERIANS.

I WANTED TO MAKE AN EMERGENCY CALL THEN I FOUND OUT I WAS OUT OF AIRTIME. I DECIDED TO BORROW FROM MTN THE SUM OF 200 NAIRA.

I CLICKED SLOT 3 WHICH WAS PROVIDED FOR D SOME OF 200.

MTN DECIDED TO GIVE ME 750. WELL I GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTED THE GIFT.

TODAY I'M SWITCHING TO ANOTHER NETWORK.

NO BE ONLY THEM GET SENSE.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by clevadani: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Now the change begins. All these companies must feel the effect of an effective administration. If u break the law, u must be ready for the consequences.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by bigv(m): 7:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Na so so fine dey rain now. Let NAFDAC goan rest joor. We know those that are truly working.

When Dora (May her gentle soul RIP) was there, Her actions did the talking. Not Paul Ohi that had been invited to EFCC before.

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by trailblaiza(m): 7:18am On Nov 12, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.