Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine (42763 Views)

NAFDAC Bursts Counterfeit Moet, Chandon Wine, St. Remy Brandy, Others / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by NextProdigy(m): 7:31am On Nov 12, 2015
Nelkoko:
Money from alcohol is a sin..wetin uncle bura wan use am do?

What of Malta Guinness? If you have ever bought it you have also contributed money to Guinness.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ODUBEZE: 7:32am On Nov 12, 2015
NAFDAC? was the DG changed? Alleluia NAFDAC is finally awake from their deep slumber!
I never knew they are still in existence!
RIP Dora Akunyili! May all your labour not be in vain.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by chinedu1nig(m): 7:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Quote me anywhere friends, Nigeria will be great again. To the Biafran agitators, history of the fought war by our fathers met a condescension, don't plunge us into another catastrophic era.. Sit with your elders and request they lecture you on this subject in the language you will understand rather than constitute national nuisance.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ODUBEZE: 7:32am On Nov 12, 2015
NAFDAC? was the DG changed? Alleluia NAFDAC is finally awake from their deep slumber!
I never knew they are still in existence!
RIP Dora Akunyili! May all your labour not be in vain. Amen.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by E383: 7:33am On Nov 12, 2015
Oshey! People will chop sack on top this fine. Unfortunately.

It is the right thing to do though. Long over due.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Atlantian: 7:35am On Nov 12, 2015
Good move but the fines are just not defined by any standard. I hope we are not sending wrong messages to investors and employers of labour, cos I know employees lay off are usually indirect effect of these punitive actions.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Dannyset(m): 7:35am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:
Jobs are lost when a government becomes hostile to companies

I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry
Did you even try to read why the Company was fined at all? Or you just don't value life because of ur hatred for a Political party? Can these companies try such in their country?
This is truly a serious matter!

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 12, 2015
morereb10:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has fined Guinness Nigeria Plc, N1bn for violating laid down rules.

Punch Newspapers reports that NAFDAC accused Guinness of allegedly revalidating expired products without authorisation and supervision, and exposing its raw materials to rodents.

An excerpt of the letter from NAFDAC, which was obtained from Punch, reads “In view of the above, you are further required to take the following actions: disclosure of all your warehouses in the country and submission of inventory level of the stock thereof; submit a written voluntary consent of forfeiture for destruction of the expired and revalidated raw materials discovered in your warehouse; and submit a notarised undertaking to comply with all the guidelines, rules, regulations and enactments of the agency, and to refrain from any future violations.”

See more on http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/food-drug-angency-nafdac-slash-guinness.html

cc lalasticlala seun ishilove

I love this government. Look like Asia govt. that is very brutal in policy............... Since it favors Asians, lets go then
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by EternalTruths: 7:36am On Nov 12, 2015
acegikmoqsuwy:
Federal Government of Nigeria keeps fining...... Companies are crashing and Nigerian economy is crumbling. If the Federal Government continues in this trend, how many conpanies will be left in Nigeria While we fight war against unemplyment?
tiwiex:
Hmmmm. Is this how this Government wants to raise money and at the same time create jobs? This money business is a zero sum game. All this humongous moneys taken in the form of fines will be paid back through loss of jobs and increase prices to consumers. Or Government will fine these companies for down sizing too? So far, I don't see the drive for job creation. I smell a Lagos style of raising moneys at the expense of the poor. I pray these guys eventually find the balance tho.

APC block head supporters won't see the futuristic implications until these companies relocate to Ghana

Comrades come and see how APC wants to destroy companies through unnecessary fines

Today foreign companies tomorrow it will be indigenous companies

Eurobomber lygn19

Pazienza Rose2014

Carnegiefan chukwudi44

Ihemba Yujin Ezeagu Easternleopard

Easternlion Freedom4biafra

Ipobdevil ikengawo billygee2u

Duru1 Onatisi 400Billionman blacktechnology

Ok500 franksam2009 totorimi

Dearpreye kingzizzy Auntysuzan

Ichidodo babyosisi collynzo23 kettykin

Sunnybobo3 Biafranqueen customized13

Descartes Mogidi Mizmycoli Wombraiders

Phockphockman Anonimi Afam4eva pointb

Ngwakwe Abagworo tonychristopher

Wisdomguy4u curlieweed CSTR2 obosiland

AkwaIbomrep1 FreeGlobe Mandax MrEverest

Whynotthetruth badnature M4gunners str8talk1

Etc
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Touchforfree(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

I hope those APC small brains won't complain when some of these companies relocate to nearby countries. angry

Before you know what is going on, those government officials will start demanding bribes using fines as threat. angry

So there shouldn't be a check ?.

Lost of jobs or loss of human's life en-mass; which one is preferable ?.

Exposing the raw materials to rodents and they were cautioned of which they did not adhered to; thence the penalty.

What other way could they be purnished if not fine or rather should their Directors be subjected to 30 strokes of d cane ?.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ODUBEZE: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2015
chinedu1nig:
Quote me anywhere friends, Nigeria will be great again. To the Biafran agitators, history of the fought war by our fathers met a condescension, don't plunge us into another catastrophic era.. Sit with your elders and request they lecture you on this subject in the language you will understand rather than constitute national nuisance.
Before you start advising others to sit with elders, U need to sit with PMB and advice him to stop dividing this country with his leadership style if not, I foresee another tribe agitating for succession!
It is well!

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Horlufemi(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2015
Atlantian:
Good move but the fines are just not defined by any standard. I hope we are not sending wrong messages to investors and employers of labour, cos I know employees lay off are usually indirect effect of these punitive actions.

Employers of labour obey laws of other countries why should Nigeria be different. A lawless land is a chaotic land.

Imagine expired goods killing people who will buy the products.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by festyese: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2015
Na fine be new thing na. Well sha the country need to finance it's budget.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by dadaayodejio(m): 7:40am On Nov 12, 2015
Would you rather NAFDAC did nothing
For a long time even before democracy, we have been accustomed to substandard service so much so that we think even the norm is witch hunting
How can any food vendor serve expired food and when steps are taken to correct the consumers complain
And if the charge was/is wrong, they challenge it in court
EternalTruths:

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by martineverest(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2015
Add first bank and uba fines
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by starG7(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2015
menix:
I said it, we will raise 2016 budget through Fine..

Well done NAFDAC but the fine is too small, 500 billion would ve been a fair fine..

Waiting for SON to fire their own Fine..
am not saying dat is bad o, but considering the jobs the company has created so far and we re still lukin fwrd for more investors they should be considerate, not after paying the money the companies will now turn to our ppl treating them like slaves in our own country and no FG or NLC will be interested in the those workers rescue, our NLC not representing saam!

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Charly68: 7:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Raise money & do good work for the nation,Nigerians shall be proud of you all.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Atlantian: 7:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Horlufemi:

Employers of labour obey laws of other countries why should Nigeria be different. A lawless land is a chaotic land.

Imagine expired goods killing people who will buy the products.
Hello, I stated that fine should be based on a standard. I didnt say no fines. There must be a standard so the companies will not assume that they are being victimized. In every country, there is a set fine for defaults, you dont just fine 1billion, 2 trillion etc just like that. I am totally in support of fines, but certainly has to be stipulated fine for certain actions, in fact fines can be more than what is presently charged, but there should be set out and drawn up in agreement with regulating Ministry/Deprtment, MAN and Labour.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Charly68: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2015
Raise money & do good work for the nation,Nigerians shall be proud of you all. Welcome back to a sane society.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by olumzzz(m): 7:43am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

See ya shallow thinking. So companies dat do not adhere to the rules and standards set by the regulatory agencies shouldn't b penalized?
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by hustla(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

Yesterday it was MTN and today Guinness

By the time you guys create a very wrong impression about government attitude towards foreign companies, don't cry unemployment when they run to Ghana.

Things must be done properly but we must apply wisdom on how we go about it. cool

Let them run to Ghana bro
How many people dy Ghana wey dem wan sell to - Nigeria is a very very huge market for them, they better fit in or get out
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2015
Seems the new wuru wuru ways by which all these agencies make money now is fine?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by EternalTruths: 7:48am On Nov 12, 2015
olumzzz:

See ya shallow thinking. So companies dat do not adhere to the rules and standards set by the regulatory agencies shouldn't b penalized?

This is my answer to you below

Atlantian:
Hello, I stated that fine should be based on a standard. I didnt say no fines. There must be a standard so the companies will not assume that they are being victimized. In every country, there is a set fine for defaults, you dont just fine 1billion, 2 trillion etc just like that. I am totally in support of fines, but certainly has to be stipulated fine for certain actions, in fact fines can be more than what is presently charged, but there should be set out and drawn up in agreement with regulating Ministry/Deprtment, MAN and Labour.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by sam90s(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2015
JingoOAU:
Oh boy, 2016 budget money don dey complete be that

grin grin grin '16 budget be around #8trillion, NB on their mind be that.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Funjosh(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2015
Ho! Close Guinness shocked shocked shocked

No Guinness and Orijin be that o sad

Well while Guinness is settling issue with Nafdac, let us join hands together and save baby Light

Check my signature wink smiley

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by ogbanje1(f): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2015
Season of fines. NCC don make dem all wake up.

They should have fined Guinness one trillion Dollars.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by nzeobi(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Companies will have to sit up as our regulatory agencies have been given a new lease of life.

With the dipping oil prices, internally generated revenue will have to be the immediate fuel to power our diversification efforts.

...but it berra not affect the price of big stout cheesy
Even origin which I use as anti malaria wink

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't think guiness is the only culprit.There are lot of them involve in this unhygienic activities.It's just that some corrupt nafdac officials will tip the management of their coming to inspect their surroundings so that they can quickly tidy up before they arrive. However, there are other ways of fining them.Stop extortion in the name of fine.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Horlufemi(m): 7:53am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:

APC block head supporters won't see the futuristic implications until these companies relocate to Ghana

Comrades come and see how APC wants to destroy companies through unnecessary fines

Today foreign companies tomorrow it will be indigenous companies

Eurobomber lygn19

Pazienza Rose2014

Carnegiefan chukwudi44

Ihemba Yujin Ezeagu Easternleopard

Easternlion Freedom4biafra

Ipobdevil ikengawo billygee2u

Duru1 Onatisi 400Billionman blacktechnology

Ok500 franksam2009 totorimi

Dearpreye kingzizzy Auntysuzan

Ichidodo babyosisi collynzo23 kettykin

Sunnybobo3 Biafranqueen customized13

Descartes Mogidi Mizmycoli Wombraiders

Phockphockman Anonimi Afam4eva pointb

Ngwakwe Abagworo tonychristopher

Wisdomguy4u curlieweed CSTR2 obosiland

AkwaIbomrep1 FreeGlobe Mandax MrEverest

Whynotthetruth badnature M4gunners str8talk1

Etc

Hypocrisy at it's quintessential form.

Do you remember companies relocating to Ghana some few years ago? They didn't fine them o. They left because there was no light.

Even if you hate someone much, try and ask yourself questions and try to be objective i.e.: based on facts rather than feelings or opinions : not influenced by feelings.

Everywhere in the world people/companies pay fines for violation of laws. It is the law.

I want to ask you? If you have a farmland and it is your only source of sustenance and it got polluted by an oil company, will u because the company will leave if you fine them or not?

Or u went to buy drugs for ur sick great grand mother and u bought fake but (faulty drug direct from the company) and the dug did not work and she died. Will u sue or will u say because the company will leave, u will not sue.

Be objective in your answer.

Thank you
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by mbulela: 7:54am On Nov 12, 2015
menix:
I said it, we will raise 2016 budget through Fine..

Well done NAFDAC but the fine is too small, 500 billion would ve been a fair fine..

Waiting for SON to fire their own Fine..
SON needs its DG sacked. It is the most inept organization around. Look at all the Fake electronic items flooding the market. It is disgusting

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2015
ogbanje1:
Season of fines. NCC don make dem all wake up.

They should have fined Guinness one trillion Dollars.
So you won push them out of business?You bad gan o.
Re: NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine by McDoe(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2015
I have allways echoed it that these great brands are criminals. Thank God, the sent messiah is here. Sai Baba! Sai Buhari![i][/i]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Consumes A Jar Of Dog Food, Cries Out For Help / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / N8000 Food Shared By Bayo Omoboriowo, Buhari's Photographer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.