Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) (97041 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Rayhut:

Off course, even in Nigerian constitution, Lagos is not part of Western region, Lagos is center of excellence built by combined efforts of all Nigerians and Federal oil money. Lagos been the capital of Nigeria for more than 30 years from 1960. The geopolitical zones is not in Nigerian constitution. Those claiming Lagos as their own is high on Oshogbo weed, is like a tribe in the north claiming Abuja as their own after massive input by FG and resourceful Nigerians to make it what it is today

No.
Lagos is your father's palour. idiot.
I am very sure, that's what you will keep bleating about till you will run mad.
lemme even ask you this question, how many properties is own by your father In this Lagos??.
onye nzuzu

1 Like

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by totit: 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Keep fooling yourself. I was in Osun the other day, the level of poverty there was so brazen that my wife couldn't hold her tears.

So, we conclude, or rather i, agree base on your home-made stats instead of these fact provided?
Please I am educated and I don't argue base on emotion. wink
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by totit: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

You're supposed to download the PDF and read it using Acrobat Reader.
You probably don't have Acrobat. Check your system.

I will.
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

You're supposed to download the PDF and read it using Acrobat Reader.
You probably don't have Acrobat. Check your system.
leave the scammed Yoruba parasite.

7 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by Viktor1983(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Interesting !
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by Eluwilussit(m): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
mandarin:
There are hidden data not easily revealed in that report. Those states owing what did they use their loans for? If two states are owing, you not only look at sustainability but also infrastructure growth and other indices.
Like Fashola said, I will rather borrow to build infrastructures but not to pay salary. I will say Osun and Ekiti are worst hit in the southwest because a state like Ogun have room to expand its revenue base within a short period.
The truth is governors have damaged states economies and states with more infrastructural deficit are worse even if they owe less. Obviously, states with huge civil servants especially teachers in public schools spend more and those with less especially in the North may be more financially better.
Ekiti and Osun need to reform in order to become sustainable, cut the number of ministries, enlarge tax revenue base, and cut on political patronage. They also need to invest in agriculture, solid minerals and encourage better economic climate.
Apart from the top five, you cannot say any state is better than another if it has more poor infrastructures as roads, educational advancements, environmental challenges and more socioeconomic backwardness.
As much as sustainability matters, level of growth, economic advancement must be measured as well. Those unsustainable states needs to reform and be creative.

Very objective. Well done.
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
inlandtaipan:
lets flex osun bailout fund, I heard they collected the highest cheesy

I told you before, you are not educated. grin
next time, calm down before posting on a public forum.
OK! go back and check the pix you posted again, And tell me which state collected the highest. wink
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:

I told you before, you are not educated. grin
next time, calm down before posting on a public forum.
OK! go back and check the pix you posted again, And tell me which state collected the highest. wink
you are the person not educated enough to see that your governors are scamming you right, left and centre.
I pity the educational standard in modern southwest, it has gone to the dust.

13 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Keep fooling yourself. I was in Osun the other day, the level of poverty there was so brazen that my wife couldn't hold her tears.

that's what we keep hearing from the most greedy bastards in the whole universe grin
your wife couldn't hold her tears grin
so shall the mgbeke of a wife keep crying for the rest of her life
idiots.

BTW

greet your Oprah Winfrey for me. cool
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by totit: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
inlandtaipan:
leave the scammed Yoruba parasite.

What an iron, before you open your mouth to call people parasite you need to consider what each region(SE,SW,SS et al) contribute to this Feb account.
Are you just venting or what?

cheesy
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by goodgood2(m): 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

You should create a separate thread for this info. It's very enlightening
It's not only enlightening, it's frightening, especially from the northern perspective.
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:

that's what we keep hearing from the most greedy bastards in the whole universe grin
your wife couldn't hold her tears grin
so shall the mgbeke of a wife keep crying for the rest of her life
idiots.

BTW

greet your Oprah Winfrey for me. cool

Have you eaten this evening ? I know the situation in Osun is dire. Let me know if you need assistance.

15 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by usibengate(m): 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Well educative
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
totit:

What an iron, before you open your mouth to call people parasite you need to consider what each region(SE,SW,SS et al) contribute to this Feb account.
Are you just venting or what?

cheesy
pleaseplease save your grievances for aregbesola, it's not my fault that osun and ekiti state couldn't beat a warring borno state on sustainability grin

10 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:

No.
Lagos is your father's palour. idiot.
I am very sure, that's what you will keep bleating about till you will run mad.
lemme even ask you this question, how many properties is own by your father In this Lagos??.
onye nzuzu
Some of you Yoruba youth hate the truth, You guys are too lazy and like taken glory on other peoples efforts. I don't need to depend on my Fathers property or count it, I own my properties and count my own, in Lagos I own two properties.

koning:

Lagos sef is technically NOT a South West (as in Yoruba)state. With almost 50% of it's population not indigenous to South West, it cannot truly be classified a Yoruba state. Ascribing Lagos to SW is mere geography.
Off course, even in Nigerian constitution, Lagos is not part of Western region, Lagos is center of excellence built by combined efforts of all Nigerians and Federal oil money. Lagos been the capital of Nigeria for more than 30 years from 1960. The geopolitical zones is not in Nigerian constitution. Those claiming Lagos as their own is high on Oshogbo weed, is like a tribe in the north claiming Abuja as their own after massive input by FG and resourceful Nigerians to make it what it is today

7 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by ucheuzor1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Yorubas can never be poorer than ibos,I dare you to post a link to support your claim.
My brother the Igbos are the wise men from d east... the yorubas can never in anyway match the Igbos... Even the little revenues u guyz are generating,98% of it are as a result of the impact of d Igbos on ur environ.. so rethink b4 u comment

14 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
inlandtaipan:
you are person not educated enough to see that your governors are scamming you right, left and centre.
I pity the educational standard in modern southwest, it has gone to the dust.

hmmmm. cool
I think you are right.
you know, since SW is the obodo oyinbo of Nigeria.
there will always be more mouth to feed. due to the influx of your people seeking for greener pastures and other tribes.
it will be very difficult to govern the states.
that's why we are praying for Biafra to come.
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:

hmmmm. cool
I think you are right.
you know, since SW is the obodo oyinbo of Nigeria.
there will always be more mouth to feed. due to the influx of your people seeking for greener pastures and other tribes.
it will be very difficult to govern the states.
that's why we are praying for Biafra to come.
how will this crap help oregbesola pay workers salaries? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by totit: 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
inlandtaipan:
pleaseplease save your grievances for aregbesola, it's not my fault that osun and ekiti state couldn't beat a warring borno state on sustainability grin

Atleast it reflects, didn't it?

[b]United Nations' Multi Dimensional Poverty Index

The United Nations' Global Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index has three dimensions and 10 indicators in estimating Overall Poverty. Each dimension is equally weighted, each indicator within a dimension is also equally weighted, and added. It uses 10 indicators to measure poverty in three dimensions: Education, Health and Living standards. This report was Published in June 2015, and is based on data collected on years between 2004 and 2014.
According to the MPI Report, as at 2010, 46% of Nigerians lived below the national poverty line (Only 28% in Urban areas, and near 70% in The rural). Although a Report by the World bank, released in 2014, showed that only 33% of Nigerians could be considered Poor.

Now, to the Report........
States by Incidence of Poverty

STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
-------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%

REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty (+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty (+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty (+ Average)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty

4 = North Central - 45.7% Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (- Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (- Average) Damn!!

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f
[/b]
I really don't get what you are driving at,really undecided
You keep switching from one thing to another.
I tire oo grin
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
ucheuzor1:

My brother the Igbos are the wise men from d east... the yorubas can never in anyway match the Igbos... Even the little revenues u guyz are generating,98% of it are as a result of the impact of d Igbos on ur environ.. so rethink b4 u comment

God! grin

another fool spotted.
98%. shocked not surprised
the same way you control the economy of China & SA cheesy

with the way ipob youth spill gibberish here, I expect the economy of alaibo to have overtake that of China na cool
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by Ibebe: 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
What's surprising is that lagos has a high debt profile, yet lying igos wanna claim that they developed the state.

Yorubas you better wake up.

1 Like

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
totit:

Atleast it reflects, didn't it?

[b]United Nations' Multi Dimensional Poverty Index

The United Nations' Global Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index has three dimensions and 10 indicators in estimating Overall Poverty. Each dimension is equally weighted, each indicator within a dimension is also equally weighted, and added. It uses 10 indicators to measure poverty in three dimensions: Education, Health and Living standards. This report was Published in June 2015, and is based on data collected on years between 2004 and 2014.
According to the MPI Report, as at 2010, 46% of Nigerians lived below the national poverty line (Only 28% in Urban areas, and near 70% in The rural). Although a Report by the World bank, released in 2014, showed that only 33% of Nigerians could be considered Poor.

Now, to the Report........
States by Incidence of Poverty

STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%

REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty (+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty (+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty (+ Average)

** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty

4 = North Central - 45.7% Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (- Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (- Average) Damn!!

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f
[/b]
I really don't get what you are driving at,really undecided
You keep switching from one thing to another.
I tire oo grin
and yet osun is as broke as sh1t.
Aregbesola stopped paying salaries because he stopped receiving loans.

Osun, ekiti and Oyo should be merged to form a single state considering their financial crises. kiss

11 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
inlandtaipan:
how will this crap help oregbesola pay workers salaries? undecided

the same way it will help the most valuable iboe man alive (rochas) to pay his people salary. cool

talk another thing.
you are getting boring.

mpki grin
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by sokera: 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
Comment on this thread shows some people don't really know what this information is all about ... I'm more concern about the internally generated revenue at state level ... I see 3 SW states in top 10 and only 1 state from the SE ...

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Have you eaten this evening ? I know the situation in Osun is dire. Let me know if you need assistance.

grin

I have not eaten. cool
I need assistance. weepers. cheesy
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:

the same way it will help the most valuable iboe man alive (rochas) to pay his people salary. cool

talk another thing.
you are getting boring.

mpki grin
I'm not trying to entertain you undecided

Osun is clearly below the likes of yobe, borno and Adamawa, figures don't lie.

It doesn't matter if this hurts you, but the truth must be told cry

14 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by totit: 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
inlandtaipan:
and yet osun is as broke as sh1t.
Aregbesola stopped paying salaries because he stopped receiving loans.

Osun, ekiti and Oyo should be merged to form a single state considering their financial crises. kiss

There is a different between state gov and the people of the state grin

Why am I even lecturing you.
Now, if osun stage gov borrowed such amount(indeed), and it's lower the state(osun) poverty? What does that tell you?
Na wao.
You just dey dribble sha cheesy
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by M4gunners: 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
Decale:

You're really unintelligent.
Read the OP again then slap yourself.
Does it look like Wike was at the helm of affairs?
Mr Intelligent keep fooling yourself. I hope you are not from the poverty striking states?Hence you are hating.

1 Like

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
sokera:
Comment on this thread shows some people don't really know what this information is all about ... I'm more concern about the internally generated revenue at state level ... I see 3 SW states in top 10 and only 1 state from the SE ...

don't mind them, iboes Are too emotional.
in all aspect of life. that's why they said the whole world are jealous of them. grin
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by totit: 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Just checked the link provided by the Op.
It's not reliable embarassed
Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by inlandtaipan: 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
sokera:
you are useless when you spend more than you earn, no matter how much you earn.

9 Likes

Re: Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) by yommen: 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Yerribas...

The most sufferisticated. Lmao

Nah dem Carry last for Nigeria.... grin

The data analysis has not identified Yoruba people as being poor. It has only shown states lagging behind. In reality, only about 55 % of population in South West are Yoruba. There are people of other ethnic backgrounds working under government organisations in the south west in which people that are relegating yorubas here are not putting into consideration. May be everybody should go back to where he belongs. The state governments in south west should also sack all non yorubas and also prevent them from using social amenities. Abi now? Na only Yoruba man dey leave for south west?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ondo Governorship Election 2020: Results From Polling Units / Sunday Igboho Has Been Arrested In Cotonou / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.