Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Violence In The Niger Delta Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Violence In The Niger Delta Region (705 Views)

video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo / Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by Don1DeMaco: 9:53am On May 17, 2009
What do u guys think about the recent fighting in the Niger delta region? Is it the right move by the Govt.
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ElRazur: 10:00am On May 17, 2009
There is a thread on something like this already though.

It depends on which side you are on. In the grand scale of things, the MEND et al are illegal under the Nigeria constitution and as such the Government stance to eradicate them.
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ikeyman00(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2009
^^^

this is why i never tend to agree with docile morons!

under what constitution u are right

then in kano shaira saga?? under what constitution?? niger or chad??
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ElRazur: 10:14am On May 17, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^

this is why i never tend to agree with docile morons!

under what constitution u are right

then in kano shaira saga?? under what constitution??  niger or chad??

You can disagree, but calling names prematurely, Jeez. As the American would say "What gives?"

Gun ownership is illegal in Nigeria. Take that as one. Not only are these guys armed with Guns, but Big Guns - RPG, "Boat" Technicals.

Two. They have actively engaged in exchange of gun fire with the Nigerian Force - This constitute as "Waging War against the state of Nigeria"

Three. They have kidnapped innocent people for money in return - This amount to Kidnapping, extortion and torture.

Take Four. Their activities and profile fits the model of a para-military/terrorist organisation under Nigeria's law.

All of the above are illegal and these groups are therefore breaking the law.

Like I said before, only if you have taken time to read instead of posting some emotional garbage. It all depends on the side of the fence one is sitting. Under the Nigeria's law, these groups are illegal. Period. To say otherwise is just not true.
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ikeyman00(m): 10:21am On May 17, 2009
yes u right but u havent adress my question

kano saga; legal?
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ElRazur: 10:26am On May 17, 2009
ikeyman00:

yes u right but u havent adress my question

kano saga; legal?

Nnaa, What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

We are discussing one issue here and not what you are trying to bring in. In the interest of this debate, I would categorically state that NO it is not legal. Please don't tell me you are about to make a point, I think you want to?
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ikeyman00(m): 10:37am On May 17, 2009
^^^^ goood broda !!! ha

thats all i wana hear from u

by the way im on urside ooo!!

as for makin new thread, im already famous in nl aka superman this is
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by brownbonno(m): 10:46am On May 17, 2009
The fight is a fight for self determination.Self determination is part of democracy.
The issue of its constitutionality is on a shalow ground because the 1999 Nigeria constitution is an off shut of Military regime.
Sharia laws in the Northern Nigeria is part of the self determination and that is the beauty of democracy.
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by ikeyman00(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fight is a fight for self determination.Self determination is part of democracy.
The issue of its constitutionality is on a shalow ground because the 1999 Nigeria constitution is an off shut of Military regime.
Sharia laws in the Northern Nigeria is part of the self determination and that is the beauty of democracy.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

hamas on nl hahha
Re: The Violence In The Niger Delta Region by Don1DeMaco: 11:07am On May 17, 2009
Didnt know there was an initial thread discussing this topic dats why i created it. i started it to know peoples opinion on this issue cos knowing dat would help profer a solution to the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites / National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! / The Way Forward (maybe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.