Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu (40039 Views)

Fashola's Ministerial Appointment: I'm Now A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu / Tinubu: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather / Tinubu: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by wengerjay(m): 4:49am On Nov 13, 2015
NATIONAL Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, says he has no doubt that former governor of Lagos State, Mr Raji Fashola, will excel in his new ministerial assignment.

Referring to the minister as his political product, Tinubu recalled how he was antagonised over the choice of Fashola as his successor.

Tinubu was speaking at the commissioning and launch of the Mile 12-Ikorodu Road widening and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) operation.

“We conquered the enemy when they said it was impossible through Raji Fashola,” he said.

“You saw what happened when he was made minister yesterday. Lagos took the front seat. I am now a proud grandfather and I have no doubt he will succeed in that assignment.

“Leadership is about how many people you are able to bring up, build up and develop. I have done my bit.”

He also commended Akinwunmi Ambode, governor of the state, whom he said was “sought out” to lead the state.

The APC leader described the governor as “very creative” and commended him for his contributions toward making Lagos a model city.

Tinubu expressed optimism that Nigeria would succeed beyond people’s imaginations.

“We are in the front row now and we will ensure that Nigeria is turned around and succeeds beyond your imagination,” he said.

On his part, Ambode reassured the people of Lagos that he would address the issue of traffic congestion and improve road networks in the state.

He also pledged his government’s commitment to the infrastructural renewal and development of the state.

“Today’s commissioning is a milestone in public transportation system in the state,” he said.

“It is a delivery of world-class transport infrastructure that will bring comfort and convenience to commuters, particularly Ikorodu residents.”

He said that the BRT system was initiated as part of strategies to modernise the public transport, like other major city states in around.

“It is intended to provide efficient service that will encourage patronage by the middle-class thereby reducing the number of private vehicles on our roads,” he said. “Today, the BRT system has to a large extent lived up to that expectation.”

Mr Rauf Aregbesola, governor of Osun State, was also present at the occasion.

Governor Ambode performed the official commissioning with other dignitaries, including Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Tunji Bello; Majority Leader, Lagos State House of Assembly, Honourable Sanai Agunbiade; Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Dayo Mobereola; Ayangburen of Ikoroduland, Oba Kabiru Sotobi.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/22204

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by olumide81(m): 4:55am On Nov 13, 2015
Congrats sir

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by ademikefaith(m): 5:07am On Nov 13, 2015
Myself will soon become greatgranpa
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by bensonlee770: 5:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Everybody knows that, therefore no controversy.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by retepmurt(m): 5:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Even Buhari will soon make you the most proud great grandfather. Amen

25 Likes

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by bensonlee770: 5:23am On Nov 13, 2015
retepmurt:
Even Buhari will soon make you the most proud great grandfather. Amen
funny you

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by wengerjay(m): 5:25am On Nov 13, 2015
Tinubu has done well

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by nnapal(m): 5:39am On Nov 13, 2015
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by omenka(m): 5:40am On Nov 13, 2015
I might not be a huge fan of Tinubu but I have enormous respect for him. He's indeed a politician per excellence.

Tinubu is one politician that has braved so many bad political weathers. I could still remember his epic battles with Obj.

He single handedly saw to the survival of opposition in Nigeria when against all odds, he retained Lagos state after the PDP tsunami in the SW in 2013. He was starved of allocation due his state for over a year but still survived and performed fairly well, and then put an icing on the cake by handing over to a very competent successor.

He's overly gifted in the art and science of politics and I can confidently say NO politician in Nigerian history has made more men than himself. Awolowo indeed tutored him well.

That said, I must admit I fear for the enormity of the task on Fashola's desk but if he succeeds, I see Nigeria's President come 2023.

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Seriously, is this the terms an "elder states man" should be using?

This just says tinubu is fashola's godfather

Imagine if someone like Sullivan chime was ministers of works? The governor that turned a least important state to the 3rd best state in Nigeria? That made enugu the only Nigerian state to be mentioned in the 100 best performing states in the world?..not even Lagos was mentioned?

Just imagine...but politics won't let us now. We'd rather die

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by ada5454: 6:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Fashionable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by christinie(f): 6:13am On Nov 13, 2015
Thought I read many times on Nairaland that Tinubu did not favour Fashola's ministerial candidacy? Are all these nice words truly from Tinubu's heart?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Chubhie: 6:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Coming after his failed attempt through 3rd party to undermine fashola chances. Credit goes to PMB for keeping faith in fashola.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Pavore9: 6:21am On Nov 13, 2015
More of Fashola made him a proud Godfather! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Babacele: 6:37am On Nov 13, 2015
wengerjay:
NATIONAL Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, says he has no doubt that former governor of Lagos State, Mr Raji Fashola, will excel in his new ministerial assignment.

Referring to the minister as his political product, Tinubu recalled how he was antagonised over the choice of Fashola as his successor.

Tinubu was speaking at the commissioning and launch of the Mile 12-Ikorodu Road widening and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) operation.

“We conquered the enemy when they said it was impossible through Raji Fashola,” he said.

“You saw what happened when he was made minister yesterday. Lagos took the front seat. I am now a proud grandfather and I have no doubt he will succeed in that assignment.

“Leadership is about how many people you are able to bring up, build up and develop. I have done my bit.”

He also commended Akinwunmi Ambode, governor of the state, whom he said was “sought out” to lead the state.

The APC leader described the governor as “very creative” and commended him for his contributions toward making Lagos a model city.

Tinubu expressed optimism that Nigeria would succeed beyond people’s imaginations.

“We are in the front row now and we will ensure that Nigeria is turned around and succeeds beyond your imagination,” he said.

On his part, Ambode reassured the people of Lagos that he would address the issue of traffic congestion and improve road networks in the state.

He also pledged his government’s commitment to the infrastructural renewal and development of the state.

“Today’s commissioning is a milestone in public transportation system in the state,” he said.

“It is a delivery of world-class transport infrastructure that will bring comfort and convenience to commuters, particularly Ikorodu residents.”

He said that the BRT system was initiated as part of strategies to modernise the public transport, like other major city states in around.

“It is intended to provide efficient service that will encourage patronage by the middle-class thereby reducing the number of private vehicles on our roads,” he said. “Today, the BRT system has to a large extent lived up to that expectation.”

Governor Ambode performed the official commissioning with other dignitaries, including Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Tunji Bello; Majority Leader, Lagos State House of Assembly, Honourable Sanai Agunbiade; Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Dayo Mobereola; Ayangburen of Ikoroduland, Oba Kabiru Sotobi.
congrats baba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 13, 2015
[size=30pt]Pretender[/size]

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Babacele: 6:40am On Nov 13, 2015
christinie:
Thought I read many times on Nairaland that Tinubu did not favour Fashola's ministerial candidacy? Are all these nice words truly from Tinubu's heart?
what u read weren't true but lies from wailing wailers.

15 Likes

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by gunuvi(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2015
omenka:
I might not be a huge fan of Tinubu but I have enormous respect for him. He'd indeed a politician per excellence.

Tinubu is one politician that has braved so many bad political weathers. I could still remember his epic battles with Obj. He's overly gifted in the art and science of politics and I can confidently say NO politician in history has made more men than himself. Awolowo indeed tutored him well.

I fear for the enormity of the task on Fashola's desk but if he succeeds, I see Nigeria's President come 2023.
I am not interested in your assertion but just curious who will be president 2019-2023?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by oekehinde: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Firefire(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Tinubu the grandfather of corruption.

If not for Tinubu's inordinate greed to become the biggest landlord and own the whole of Africa, Fashola 2nd term wouldn't have been a disaster.

Thanks to the Oba of Lagos for his fatherly intervention during the fight on resources allocation and treasury looting btw BRF & BAT.

True Face of Lagos, where Una dey ??

I believe if there is no political interference from selfish godfathers, politicians in Nigeria would deliver more.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by ihatebuhari(f): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2015
Ha undecided undecidedhahahahahaha

Tiefnubu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by omusiliyu(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2015
Not like Raufu Onigbese...

Ipata... Omo jatijati

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by ibkgab001: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2015
Jagaban
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by dayo23(f): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2015
wengerjay:
a very Brilliant speech by the Jagaban of Africa
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2015
undecided

TINUBU IS NIGERIA'S GREATEST POLITICIAN

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 7:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Lol
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Breaking News:

President Muhammadu Buhari this morning explained that Power, Housing and Works are not under one man as many have said. He said:

- Babatunde is Minister of Power,
- Raji is Minister of Housing and
-Fashola is Minister of Works.

For more enquiries, Pls call 0800FASHOLA

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 13, 2015
Will he shattap!

Now that he has a big portfolio, you have become his grandfather?

When u were troubling him for Lagos state money, e no be ur grandson.

Gerrarahere mehn.

17 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Trekking For GEJ Shows Off Blisters She Got From The Journey, Make CNN / President Buhari Breaks The Ramadan Fast Alongside Permanent Secretaries / Photo Of EFCC's Letter To Ike Ekweremadu. Written, Signed & Sent Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.