Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? (1637 Views)

I Introduced The Idea Of Interim Government But I Won’t Be Part Of It Today-ibb / Akpabio Commends Uduaghan On Government House / Massob Are On Government Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 1:39pm On May 17, 2009
The Nigerian problem has been blamed variously on the government, however, the government is not a person, the government is still made up of Nigerians, how then can anyone in his or her correct senses always blame a non existing personality for the woes of a nation? It beats me, can anyone then define to me who the "government" is?
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by MrCrackles(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2009
Pssssf!
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 1:51pm On May 17, 2009
Meaning, I am so dumb I have no clue to what the question is!
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by MrCrackles(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2009
tosh_acer:

Meaning, I am so dumb I have no clue to what the question is!

If you think you are dumb, then maybe that is the case! tongue

Clown
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by chidichris(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2009
very boring and empty thread
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 2:01pm On May 17, 2009
MrCrackles

Let me ask you a question, who do you honestly realy think you are? the big boss of NairaLand or President Obama? Tell us, who and what you think of yourself. If you must know, it is not a rule that you must post on every thread, if you put that in your mind, kindly put a meaning to the very first contribution you made to this thread. If you agree to the fact that it is meaningless, then, kindly try to be more meaningful next time, look at your contributions in all the threads on NairaLand, which one of yours makes any meaning? People who make meaningless contributions to a topic are called dumb, so pls, be more civil next time.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 2:04pm On May 17, 2009
chidichris:

This realy made me laugh, nothing makes a thread boring and empty much more than contributions like this from a yob like u.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by MrCrackles(m): 2:15pm On May 17, 2009
tosh_acer:

MrCrackles
Let me ask you a question, who do you honestly realy think you are? the big boss of NairaLand or President Obama? Tell us, who and what you think of yourself

Dont get all stroppy with me old man
To your question, i am somebody, full of myself, not afraid of anyone, brashy, nasty and arrogant!
If you didnt get it lastnight, no need to take it out on me or come onto NL and start making senseless topics!
You are reputed for it but seriously you need to grow up!
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 2:18pm On May 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dont get all stroppy with me old man
To your question, i am somebody, full of myself, not afraid of anyone, brashy, nasty and arrogant!
If you didnt get it lastnight, no need to take it out on me or come onto NL and start making senseless topics!
You are reputed for it but seriously you need to grow up!

I can see, I have no more word for you, you have defined yourself perfectly well.

Who made you the wise man to determine which topic is senseless or sensible?

I dont talk to brashy, nasty and arrogant folks, they deserve to be binned and forgotten.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by archemedes: 2:39pm On May 17, 2009
@tosh_acer
I have read topics and responses in this forum for two weeks and I can confirm to you that 90% of issues discussed here (politics) are ethnically inclined and has nothing to do with real politics. You notice they are more interested in barking at themselves than profer solution to problems facing Nigeria. I had always guessed them to be teens, for the fact I read some comments yesteday regarding a member who said he made some contributions in the 1970s, I retracted such impressions. This relays the depth of problem Nigeria faces but I want to believe the educated/exposed ones are different. I promise you can only have reasonable contributions to this thread by the likes of biina who is one of the few intelligent people I spend time to read their comments.

@topic
I discussed this issue with friends on facebook a month ago where they blamed nigerian problems on political office holders. Most of the problems in Nigeria is within us; the bashing and unintelligent abuses without the spirit of entertaining criticism evident on NL, the culture of giving N20 to police in the presence of our children threrby instilling the culture of bribery in them, offering N100 to NEPA officials in the presence of little kids thereby telling them to pay their utility bills thru the culture of bribery and corruption, where is the way forward with all these practices?

Until we change our mentality, nothing will work in Nigeria
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 2:42pm On May 17, 2009
ARCHEMEDES

You cant be any more correct, I thank you for you said it as it is, they prefer to shout on threads that spell loudly the problems of Nigeria, but when it comes with threads that try to speak differently, they say it is senseless. I honestly agree with you 100%.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by OneNaija(m): 2:55pm On May 17, 2009
@Mr Crack Head. take your time Nur come here they talk as you like oo. If you nur get wetin to discuss you make go burn bush. The poster is right. Sometime I dey believe say you bi witch for your villages Enemy of Progress. Wetin be your level sef. Why you dey always dey come here they talk as you like. Nur worry I get better plan for you. Idiot. Abeg poster am carry on leave dat fool. na mugu
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by blacksta(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2009
tosh acer

is

tombola/akpangbon/mosun_ade/i_laugh

what a joke

shitface
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by sleekp1: 3:18pm On May 17, 2009
chidichris:

This question should be directed at chidichris  because the man hasn't got a clue. The only time he comments on a thread is to rain abuses on Govt and Nigeria. What a looser.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by MrCrackles(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2009
OneNaija:

@Mr Crack Head. take your time Nur come here they talk as you like oo. If you nur get wetin to discuss you make go burn bush. The poster is right. Sometime I dey believe say you bi witch for your villages Enemy of Progress. Wetin be your level sef. Why you dey always dey come here they talk as you like. Nur worry I get better plan for you. Idiot. Abeg poster am carry on leave dat fool. na mugu

Will you shut the bleeping fuc.k up!

Birds of the same feather

And point of correction, it is Mr Crackles, you illiterate! tongue
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 3:19pm On May 17, 2009
blacksta:

tosh acer

is

what a joke

shitface

what a bore!
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by sleekp1: 3:21pm On May 17, 2009
blacksta:

tosh acer

is

what a joke

shitface

Address the issues and not the personality.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by blacksta(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2009
@poster - for the purpose of answering your question

In the nigeria context.  Your question is only valid if the people actually voted for the Government but as we all know past and present governments have been imposed on the people.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by strangleyo: 3:23pm On May 17, 2009
Its not the government, its the people.

They make up the government.

The government is not made up by Aliens.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by blacksta(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2009
sleek_p:

Address the issues and not the personality.

I fail to comprehend why an indivdual will choose to have mulitple ID's  .  What is the reasoning behind this charade.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by sleekp1: 3:25pm On May 17, 2009
blacksta:

I fail to comprehend why an indivdual will choose to have mulitple ID's  .  What is the reasoning behind this charade.

You raised this issue in two threads hence my post.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by JJYOU: 3:27pm On May 17, 2009
strangleyo:

Its not the government, its the people.

They make up the government.

The government is not made up by Aliens.

why you dey talk like this oga.  the whole wahala for nigeria na gourment cause am. how you go blame hard working always honest  nigerians.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 3:29pm On May 17, 2009
JJYOU:

why you dey talk like this oga.  the whole wahala for nigeria na gourment cause am. how you go blame hard working always honest  nigerians.

pls read properly b4 answering the question.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by chidichris(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2009
@tosh_acer,
is the allegation of owing multiple id true?

@topic,
since u insisted that ur thread must be discussed, govt is a group of people selected or elected to see over the affairs of others. further definition will make u understand that this group have the power to make laws, interprete them and punish the law breakers. if u believe there is any govt in nigeria, u can as well find out if these duties of making laws that will guide the actions of other citizens are in place. if they are in place, who and who are informed on these laws and how many offenders have really been punished according to the dictates of the laws.
what do u expect when the one who is supposed to be ur protector becomes the real threat?
how many interviews of our so called leaders have u listened to and hear them say they are not the problem.
yar adua even confirmed that the elites of the country are the real problem. halliburton, power probe, contract probes, election riggings, kidnaps and other societal crimes have been linked to the leadership cadre who have assumed the position of sponsors.
are there countries without crimes but the ability of the govt to trace and punish law breakers makes the differences.
i called this thread empty and boring because u can find this same thread in up to 3 different places here.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by toshacer: 3:58pm On May 17, 2009
@chidichirs

I didnt insist it should be answered, I only think it is the norm that when you dont have anything to write about a post, just skip it, it is not a rule that you must post on every thread.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by blacksta(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2009
archemedes:

@tosh_acer
I have read topics and responses in this forum for two weeks and I can confirm to you that 90% of issues discussed here (politics) are ethnically inclined and has nothing to do with real politics. You notice they are more interested in barking at themselves than profer solution to problems facing Nigeria. I had always guessed them to be teens, for the fact I read some comments yesteday regarding a member who said he made some contributions in the 1970s, I retracted such impressions. This relays the depth of problem Nigeria faces but I want to believe the educated/exposed ones are different. I promise you can only have reasonable contributions to this thread by the likes of biina who is one of the few intelligent people I spend time to read their comments.

@topic
I discussed this issue with friends on facebook a month ago where they blamed nigerian problems on political office holders. Most of the problems in Nigeria is within us; the bashing and unintelligent abuses without the spirit of entertaining criticism evident on NL, the culture of giving N20 to police in the presence of our children threrby instilling the culture of bribery in them, offering N100 to NEPA officials in the presence of little kids thereby telling them to pay their utility bills thru the culture of bribery and corruption, where is the way forward with all these practices?

Until we change our mentality, nothing will work in Nigeria

Why dont ask you for his or her hand in marriage ?
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by IFELEKE(m): 4:50pm On May 17, 2009
tosh_acer:

can anyone then define to me who the "government" is?
You mean the present government?
Well, it can be defined as the government imposed against popular will. In other words, it's the government of the bossy by the bossy for the bossed.
Answer gotten now?
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by vigasimple(m): 5:13pm On May 17, 2009
The Government is the body of people who organise the day to day of running of afairs of the country 'on behalf' of the people.

However, since Nigeria independence most of Nigeria 'Government' has not been elected but imposed themselves on Nigerians either through the barrels of the guns or through cronism, nepotism and FRAUD. The political elities then connive to do whatever they like.

And because of poverty the people are unable to fight back the way they should do it. In some cases it is simply cowardice.

Unfortunately we do not have the Armed forces and sets of people with a clear vision that would get rid of the 'enemies of progress' in Nigeria. GHANA  has RAWLINGS and CO. Today Ghana is enjoying the benefits of that REVOLUTION.

UNTIL WE HAVE A VIOLENT REVOLUTION OF SOME KIND to send message to everybody that you will not get away with abusing Nigeria and Nigerians then it will be business as usual.

GOVERNMENT as in our LEADERSHIP is to blame for NIGERIA PROBLEM. They have not been put in office and they have not LEAD US  well. Even whe they came to office by corrupt means. So they are unable to lead by example and the followers did not see anything to follow in a positive way.

They entire Nigerian govt is not 419 BUT 1019.

IF I WERE TO USE AN AEROPLANE AS EXAMPLE. YOU HAVE THE PILOTS AND HIS CREW ( WHO ARE LEGITIMATELY PUT IN PLACE), ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU HAVE A SETS OF AN HIJACKERS WHO TAKE OVER AND DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE GAME.
THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ARE THE EQUIVALENT OF AN HIJACKER IN THAT SITUATION.

PURE AND SIMPLICITER, THE PRESENT NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WITH CHARADE OF SELECTION CALLED ELECTION ARE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE ANY MANDATE.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by OneNaija(m): 7:13pm On May 17, 2009
@ Mr Crack Bone. Abeg try look yourself through the Internet because you are Invisible. You don already die finish. Loser.Try get sense small becos you life is waste.if person never tell you. Make i tell you now. YOUR LIFE IS A WASTE. just like a flew pig Stupid Idiot. Yeye goat. Animal wen dey for Market.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by hoeyeadoe: 7:56pm On May 17, 2009
Archmedes, dont think you are alone on your thoughts. You've spoken well.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by oderemo(m): 8:25pm On May 17, 2009
@ vigasimple,

i share your views on the topic but will like to disagree on some issues, in Nigeria the govt is simply a collection of business goons who elect who rule us on there terms , like it or not come 2011 yar a dull will be president and most state will be pdp . be cos of the facts you ve already enumerated. the question is not about poverty likewise poverty should open our eyes to the ease at wish selected few are able to destroy the economy. average Nigerian s have lost the fire to fight for there rights , we are docile in brain most time , we know wan die , papa DE for house etc,.
Re: The Nigerian Problem Has Been Blamed On Government, But "who" Is The Government? by Horus(m): 8:55pm On May 17, 2009
tosh_acer:

The Nigerian problem has been blamed variously on the government, however, the government is not a person, the government is still made up of Nigerians, how then can anyone in his or her correct senses always blame a non existing personality for the woes of a nation? It beats me, can anyone then define to me who the "government" is?

This is a very good point!!. The Government in Nigeria is the innocent mirror of the nation. The quality of government and its leaders in Nigeria, is simply a reflection of the collective consciousness of all the people. If the collective consciousness in Nigeria is disintegrated and negative, and people are not behaving in accord with Natural Law, then problems and corruption will be an unavoidable phenomenon of government. If, on the other hand, the collective consciousness in Nigeria is positive, integrated, and coherent, then the government will not be influenced by any negativity. If the people of Nigeria wish to be protected from corruption in government, then they must create an integrated collective consciousness. Positivity and harmony should be so strong and dense in national consciousness that negative influences cannot penetrate it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. / Kidnappers Of Festus Odimegwu's Wife Collected #100 Million Ransome / Nigerian Guy With His Badazz American Girl Screwed Out Of $800,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.