Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 (84118 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
I see..
why won'nt they kidnap Siasia's mother when they know hw much the stupid government of this country is lavishing on our sports.
Imagine them(the gvt) promising $20k(#4.4m) for each goal that will be scored by the super chicken today,while there are over twenty millions of graduates roaming every cities and towns in this country without job and if they choose to do any menial job to survive the same govt.that suppose to cater for them will start tracking them saying they don'nt need streets huckings. tommorow now they will come out to say that "Nigeria is broke"

what if they scored 6-0?? pls admin move this to FP..

STUPID PEOPLE(OUR LEADERS)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by saintkel(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
safarigirl:
lol....what kind of man fears a woman? undecided
D one who feels he wants no insult wen he approaches one
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by kannymoore(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**peeps out of "Study"**

Yeah, we won 2-0 but who cares??

Were we not expected to win the match? This is no news at all.

The team was absolute nonsense in the first half. ESPECIALLY OUR MIDFIELD. That midfield was very bereft of ideas in the first half.

In the second half, we picked up a little BUT TRUTH BE TOLD....... "INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE" WON THIS GAME FOR US. Simon's freekick was awesome. That goal set the precedent for our 2nd goal which came via another set piece.

As a whole, I was NOT IMPRESSED.

IS THIS THE FIRST TEAM OLISEH SPOKE ABOUT??
Since he termed the team that played 0-0 in Swaziland "the second team"

Of all the changes he made, Ezekiel Bassey was effective. Imagine if he came in earlier.

Our midfield was hanging by a thread thanks to Onazi but lacked mobility and creativity. Onobi and Igboun was poor. Igboun is a hard runner but contributed little going forward.

Onazi tried in midfield BUT MIKEL IS STILL THE BOSS HERE. **NO ARGUMENTS**

Onobi stepped a little in the 2nd half but his ball-distribution abilities are nothing to write home about.

Our defence may not have conceeded today BUT REMEMBER THIS ISN'T GHANA, OR IVORY COAST OR DR CONGO. For crying out loud, this is Swaziland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet our Goalie produced 3-4 stops including a world class save. Ikeme was excellent today..... As usual. He's a great replacement for Enyeama.

But a defence back four of Akas, Oboroakpo, Ambrose, and Abdullahi IS NOT ONE TO BANK ON. THE SWAZIS EVEN MISSED A SITTER IN THE 1ST HALF WITH IKEME AND THE DEFENDERS IN NO MAN'S LAND.

Come on Oliseh!!!!! I know Omeruo and Leon Balogun were injured thus had fitness concerns BUT what about Troost Ekong?? I believe the comeback of the above "3" added to Ambrose Efe and Oboabona will "thicken" our defence for good.

Echiejile is better than Akas. But A kingsley Madu will definitely come back and fight for a spot as no.3 (left back).

Our Midfield was the most uncoordinated department today. Only Onazi did well but still struggled with ball disribution. OLISEH SHOULD NOT TRY THIS NONSENSE OF BENCHING THE "TEAM'S MIDFIELD GENERAL", MIKEL. ONLY HE, AMONG THOSE MIDFIELDERS CAN OPERATE IN OUR CENTRAL MIDFIELD WITH GRACE.

Onobi scores 2/10 on my scorecard, Onazi scores 6/10 and Igboun scores 4/10. Yeah, our midfield was that flat and uncoordinated DESPITE THE WIN.

OUR ATTACK WAS THE SOLE REASON WE WON TODAY. Anytime the ball reached our "forwards", we looked dangerous. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A FRONT THREE OF IGHALO, SIMON AND MUSA?? D-A-N-G-E-R OF COURSE.

Ighalo didn't a goal today but was impressive. He kept those physical-playing Swazi defenders busy through out. There's no way Martins can bench Ighalo for now. Ighalo is very good as a Lone striker. But will be much more lethal if a "creative" attack-minded player in the SS/AMF role plays behind him.

Musa did ok. Made some fine runs and his pace caused problems occasionally.

Simon Moses brought his "individual brilliance" into play with that superb freekick goal. In the first leg, he hit the post off a fine freekick strike. TODAY, HE HIT THE "JACKPOT". WHAT A CURLING STRIKE THAT WAS!!!!!
He also used his power and pace but was guilty of missing two decent chances. All the same, he was my man of the match.

Martins came in but didn't do much.

Ezekiel Bassey showed why he's called "Eden hazard" at his clubside, Enyimba fc. Fine player.

Imagine a Victor Moses in that attack. Or an Iheanacho (who Oliseh surprisingly benched) behind Ighalo in the Amf/SS role.

Imagine, imagine.... But it's all in Oliseh's hands. I pray he doesn't allow his stubborness hinder him or even worse allow "today's win" deceive him.

CONCLUSION:

Let's not "overcelebrate" this win BECAUSE WE KNEW WE WERE GOING TO BEAT THE SWAZIS.

Let's work on that team. We have the players but OLISEH'S SELECTION POLICY IS STARTING TO GET ME WORRIED. The selection for our defence back four was not cool. Those four were playing for the first time "TOGETHER" today. Yeah, Abdullahi and Ambrose were in the first leg. But what about Chima Akas and Austin Oboroakpo??

We have the players and I wish Oliseh adds and recalls our main actors to beef up the Eagles. From the next stage, there'll be no more teams like "SWAZILAND".

In the long run, beyond Russia 2018 and towards Qatar 2022, THE CORE FUTURE OF THE SUPER EAGLES LIE WITH THE SUPER TALENTS THAT MADE UP THE NIGERIAN U-17 SUPER CLASS OF 2013 @ UAE 2013 (in addition to those that joined in the 2015 U-20s) AND THE NIGERIAN U-17 UNIQUE CLASS OF 2015 THAT TRIUMPHED IN CHILE.

2013 and 2015 U-17s Merger:

The likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Simon Moses (who scored today), Musa Yahaya, Isaac Success, Dele Alampasu, Wilfred Ndidi, Musa Mohammed, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Ezeh, Godwin Savior, Kingsley Sokari, Chidiebere Nwakali, Aliyu Abubakar, Muazam(Alhassan Ibrahim Abdullahi), Bernard Bulbwa, Ifeanyi Matthew, Akinjide Idowu, Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen, Akpan David Udoh, John Lazarus, Udochukwu Anumudu, David Enogela, Samuel Chukwueze, Funsho Bamgboye, Halilu Zakari, Kingsley Michael, Chinedu Madueke, Okwonkwo Orji, among other top talents still to come are the "SUPER TALENTS" THAT FORMS THE CORE FOUNDATION OF OUR SUPER EAGLES IN THE LONG RUN...... BEYOND RUSSIA 2018.

Most of the players of the UAE 2013 U-17 set are in good clubs in Europe. A few are locally based and doing well also.

Hopefully the Chile 2015 U-17 set follows suite and go on to become great players and further expand our pool of "excellent talents" to draw from for Nigeria's Super Eagles.

**goes back into "Study" room**

Bros..

I'm 95% certain you didnt watch today's match!

You call Swaziland ordinary ba?

A country that trounced djibouti 7-1 aggregate..innit?

Please, kindly remind me the last time our Super eagles team beat a minnow by that scoreline in very recent history

Instead, you peep, find out its 2-0 and scoff. angry

Nonsense!!!!!! angry angry angry

As for mikel sitting on the bench; if the coach says he should then let his decision stand!!

Afterall, mikel played the first leg and had very subpar performance that almost cost us two goals!

Naaah!... if Mikel or any player isn't prepared to sit up and release balls faster to other players then he should sit his buttocks down to the bench!

Oliseh seems to have an idea of how he wants his teams to play and i'm buying into his idea.
Nigeria has speedy players, hence our game-play needs to be a bit faster and purposeful than the snail paced fotie that has bedeviled ur game-play for over a decade now. Oliseh wants our CM's t release the balls faster to our attackers especially when we're on a counter instead of jogging and ball-hogging until our opponents regroup, ence, blunting our attack.

And as for results, Oliseh has my Back.

I think he's won 4 games 3draws 1 loss with 9goals and 7clean sheets!

I can't remember any Nigerian coach in recent times that's beaten this statistic... especially as it's coming from a "rookie coach".

Mehn... oliseh's brand out Super Eagles footie trounces almost every brand of football that we've played for the past decade and a half save Siasia's brief spell.

End of story.

Long story short.. everyone should learn to support the team.. and the coach too. He has his shortcomings as with everyone of us but alas, HE'S THE BOS and the players and us followers should learn to support and appreciate his decisions...even when we sometimes think we know it all.

Ps... i pray I never get to write and epistle like this again. I hate epistles! angry

Meanwhile, how's school by the way?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by xtoch(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
nice game for naija...guners 4life.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
Sorry Sir. Mikel's position isn't under any kind of threat.

OUR MIDFIELD DIDN'T CLICK TODAY AGAINST AN ORDINARY SWAZILAND TEAM.

No one there could dictate the game's pace or distribute the ball properly. Onazi tried but mehn!!!! Even he fell short.

The only reason Mikel may keep being benched will be due to Oliseh's "I-wanna-prove-a-point" tactics which may be our BANE by the time we come up against stronger teams. Oliseh should stop being stubborn and quit toying with our national team.

I like Oliseh. He had good tactical ideas. But his "wahala" is getting too much. Left out Mikel, left out Iheanacho, left out Oboabona, left out Echiejile...... Oliseh is toying with the team's core and the team's future core. He should stop it coz it's not working.

No senior midfielder in this team can boss the midfield or play the central midfield like Mikel.

That's just the sad truth.

daveP:
Moments before Elderson was brought on, the camera caught his angry, fuming face. He wanted to play. Seems that shifted Oliseh, cos 2mins later, he came on to play. Mikel always looking indifferent everytime he's on any bench.

These guys played, that pitch affected play.

Officiating: bad as usual. Always giving fifa reasons so great to always make them linesmen @world stage. Two penalties unattended to.

I noticed they fizzled out Martins' involvement in the game by using the right flank in the last 10mins.

Oliseh should sub as early as 70th min next time.

Good point so far is that the likes of Mikel watched that his position is under threat.

Wait Egypt flog this Swaz side 10-nil? shocked

if this was Lagos, im sure 6wouldave entered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by vikinatius(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hailings to Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by easyelliot(m): 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Well 2 goals from set piece is a good sign

Good win
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by drstan(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
tonytony208:

If he can't operate under pressure and temperature, he should at least operate under volume now
lol, let him operate at constant temperature and pressure ...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by daveP(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

No one there could dictate the game's pace or distribute the ball properly. Onazi tried but mehn!!!! Even he fell short.

The only reason Mikel may keep being benched will be due to Oliseh's "I-wanna-prove-a-point" tactics which may be our BANE by the time we come up against stronger teams. Oliseh should stop being stubborn and quit toying with our national team.

I like Oliseh. He had good tactical ideas. But his "wahala" is getting too much. Left out Mikel, left out Iheanacho, left out Oboabona, left out Echiejile...... Oliseh is toying with the team's core and the team's future core. He should stop it coz it's not working.

No senior midfielder in this team can boss the midfield or play the central midfield like Mikel.

I agree with the Oliseh stubborness part totally. Even when Simon was subbed, he was saying something (i wished lip readers that plagued Mourinho's life could help here) and his body language was like 'without me, naso we go dey run like dat'

Today's match was like having a match with 3teams. Nig(old boys versus new boys) Vs Swaziland.

New boys wana prove, Old boys wana 'seniorate'

Well for mikel's part-if you say so, but its the same flashes we saw in him that made us to know he would be marshalling our midfield today. Igboun tried enough to make Obi uncomfortable(he worked well with onazi ;something mikel wouldnt wana do)

onazi noticed, and i could count 24nodded passes between them.

Overall, il agree with you 50-50.

Besides that pitch...... Very bad. The choice may not be farfetched anyway. We(African teams) are good at using it to get an advantage over visiting teams. grin

Paul Onobi did good for a debut(2nd match or??)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by kannymoore(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

PUH-LEEEASE!!!!

Wilfred Ndidi, will do exactly the same job mikel does with relative aplomb!...easy!

That dude came in during the friendly against cameroun and his cool demeanour and sleek passing ability under pressure bore an uncanny resemblance to Mikel in his youthful years.

Fogerrit!

Naija has Talents!

We nefa even begin dey talk of Anderson Etisi oh!!

Abeg!!..

Mikel is good. All need are midfielders who can pass the ball forward reasonaly well, control the ball perfectly and dribble reasonably and our midfield will be as right as rain!

FINISH!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nope... Not "EXACTLY" the same job.

Ndidi can feature in defensive midfield BUT not in "central midfield".

Ndidi can't dictate a game's pace like Mikel can.

Even Esiti is more of a defensive midfielder not a central midfield talent. He can pass well and mark well but can't dictate a game's pace.

As for talents, yes!!! We do have talents.... But Mikel's replacements are still maturing.

Talents that will one day fill Mikel's boots like Kelechi Nwakali and Usman Mohammed are still young and growing.

But among the "senior players" now..... Mikel stands alone. #fact.

kannymoore:

PUH-LEEEASE!!!!

Wilfred Ndidi, will do exactly the same job mikel does with relative aplomb!...easy!

That dude came in during the friendly against cameroun and his cool demeanour and sleek passing ability under pressure bore an uncanny resemblance to Mikel in his youthful years.

Fogerrit!

Naija has Talents!

We nefa even begin dey talk of Anderson Etisi oh!!

Abeg!!..

Mikel is good. All need are midfielders who can pass the ball forward reasonaly well, control the ball perfectly and dribble reasonably and our midfield will be as right as rain!

FINISH!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by kannymoore(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Nope... Not "EXACTLY" the same job.

Ndidi can feature in defensive midfield BUT not in "central midfield".

Ndidi can't dictate a game's pace like Mikel can.

As for talents, yes!!! We do have talents.... But Mikel's replacements are still maturing.

Talents that will one day fill Mikel's boots like Kelechi Nwakali and Usman Mohammed are still young and growing.

But among the "senior players" now..... Mikel stands alone. #fact.

Stands Alone?

Pah!

I laff.

He's not better than Anderson Etisi or even Fengor Ogude @ the moment.

They are all at the same Level as far as i'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
Well.... It's obvious you don't like Mikel.

Did you watch him against DR Congo and Cameroun??

Can Ogude and Esiti boss a midfield like Mikel does in the Green and White??

It's not a matter of "Pah!"

**smiles**

It's a matter of facts. Esiti is good but can't play the central midfield role the way Mikel does. Mikel is leagues ahead.

kannymoore:

Stands Alone?

Pah!

I laff.

He's not better than Anderson Etisi or even Fengor Ogude @ the moment.

They are all at the same Level as far as i'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
IF SWAZILAND CAN CONCEDE ONLY 2 GOALS HOME AND AWAY AGAINST THE SUPER EAGLES, THEN A LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA IS CAPABLE OF PLAYING A DRAW WITH THE SUPER EAGLES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by safarigirl(f): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
saintkel:
D one who feels he wants no insult wen he approaches one
except his manner of approach is poor, why would he get insulted?
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by phreakabit(m): 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
Abeg I apologize to everyone for ever endorsing Oliseh as SE coach in the past.
Dude is a clueless as a question mark with an exclamation behind it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by Daraph(m): 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
abdulo4real:
super lingo!gringringringringrin..
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by princeifaka: 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
Optional2:
bad belle is allowed
oliseh should av play iheanacho
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by Daraph(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
ipledge10:
super duck
Haba! Are they playing in animal jungle.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by bettermike: 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
kannymoore:

Bros..

Please, kindly remind me the last time our Super eagles team beat a minnow by that scoreline in very recent history

As for mikel sitting on the bench; if the coach says he should then let his decision stand!!

Afterall, mikel played the first leg and had very subpar performance that almost cost us two goals!

Naaah!... if Mikel or any player isn't prepared to sit up and release balls faster to other players then he should sit his buttocks down to the bench!

Oliseh seems to have an idea of how he wants his teams to play and i'm buying into his idea.
Nigeria has speedy players, hence our game-play needs to be a bit faster and purposeful than the snail paced fotie that has bedeviled ur game-play for over a decade now. Oliseh wants our CM's t release the balls faster to our attackers especially when we're on a counter instead of jogging and ball-hogging until our opponents regroup, ence, blunting our attack.

I can't remember any Nigerian coach in recent times that's beaten this statistic... especially as it's coming from a "rookie coach".

Mehn... oliseh's brand out Super Eagles footie trounces almost every brand of football that we've played for the past decade and a half save Siasia's brief spell.

End of story.

Long story short.. everyone should learn to support the team.. and the coach too. He has his shortcomings as with everyone of us but alas, HE'S THE BOS and the players and us followers should learn to support and appreciate his decisions...even when we sometimes think we know it all.

Ps... i pray I never get to write and epistle like this again. I hate epistles! angry

You don't need to give that sadist of a guy any attention. He and jarus need serious emotional help. They never see anything good in the current super eagles or the coach.

I don't take their analysis seriously anymore. Just imagine, that dude pronounced Mikel as our best midfielder. Shameful.

As for me, I saw a very vibrant, smart, fast, attacking midfield play today. Delicious to the eyes. Mikel should be past tense in our team honestly.

Am glad we now have the best coach in Africa at our disposal. Up super eagles!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by electrokcoi(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
annibro:

Point of correction; Everybody's Opinion
I concur
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by bettermike: 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Guy wake up from your slumber. Mikel is past tense now. And fyi, Na home base support onazi for midfield o. Always first to the ball, unlike mr slugish calamity Mikel.
Did you see the true definition of attacking midfielder in onazi today? Wow

Forget Mikel slowbi joor!
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by electrokcoi(m): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
this one na luck
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by saintkel(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
safarigirl:
except his manner of approach is poor, why would he get insulted?
He knows nothing abt talking to a lady, he just have dis inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by bettermike: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Well.... It's obvious you don't like Mikel.

Did you watch him against DR Congo and Cameroun??

Can Ogude and Esiti boss a midfield like Mikel does in the Green and White??

It's not a matter of "Pah!"

**smiles**

It's a matter of facts. Esiti is good but can't play the central midfield role the way Mikel does. Mikel is leagues ahead.
Guy that was a friendly match joor. See what Mikel did in the first leg against swazis. Under pressure Mikel underperforms. He lost the ball twice and the swazis had two goal scoring opportunities twice. Thanks to Mikel.

Dude, Mikel is living on past glory. He has lost it completely. He should honourably resign like emenike before the embarrassment of sitting on the se bench begins to overwhelm him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by safarigirl(f): 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
saintkel:
He knows nothing abt talking to a lady, he just have dis inferiority complex
at least he doesn't have to be in her presence. A male needs to exercise self confidence and assertiveness. it won't do to be insecure.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by BABANGBALI: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

That is harsh and uncalled for, you know!!!

What an irresponsible comment I have come across on sport section, since I joined Nairaland.

Bros I beg grow up. I don't even think you know more about football than her.
In as much as you feel you are a man.

**Am Waiting for you to call me woman wrapper!!!

Even if you do, that wouldn't take away the facts I have stated.
be informed that you and your comments are being ignored as you do not exist
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
Make it 100%.......**smiles**

Who's Djibouti??

I can't believe this.

Seriously I can't...... Wow!!!

Djibouti!!!! Swaziland!!!! Hallelujah!!!! Great news!!!! We won..... Headline news!!!!

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are we again?! The Super Eagles bro....

Anyway, this is starting to get a little sentimental on your side.

Oliseh is a fine coach with Europe's highest coaching qualifications. He's got good tactical philosophy. Thanks to him, we've gotten dangerous from set pieces often times. (Against Cameroun And today's game have seen good set pieces converted into goals).
But his "manager" skills are still in doubt.

Oliseh's record since he took over:

Afcon Q- Tanzania 0-0 Nigeria

Friendly- Nigeria 2-0 Niger Republic

Friendly- Nigeria 0-2 DR Congo

Friendly- Nigeria 3-0 Cameroun

CHAN Q- Nigeria 2-0 Burkina faso

CHAN Q- Burkina faso 0-0 Nigeria

Fifa WCQ- Swaziland 0-0 Nigeria

Fifa WCQ- Nigeria 2-0 Swaziland

A good return so far but come on!!!!!! Open your eyes.

Let's not get carried away. Tanzania? Swaziland? Niger Republic? Come on!!!! Give me a break.

Stop making it look like Oliseh has hit a jackpot or something.

My point is simple. OUR TEAM HASN'T BEEN TRULY "TESTED" YET. SO CUT OUT THOSE "CLEAN SHEETS TALK". IT'S GETTING SICKENING.

APART FROM CAMEROUN WHO REALLY HAVE WE PLAYED??

IF YOU FOLLOW THE SUPER EAGLES THREAD, YOU'LL FIND THAT YOU'RE BEING "HASTY" IN "QUOTING" ONE. COZ I'M ONE WHO BELIEVES OLISEH HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER BUT WILL ALSO VOICE WHAT I FEEL IS WRONG AND EVEN SUUGEST POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS.

It's a pity people like you jumped the gun too soon BECAUSE ALL MY WRITE-UPS HAVE ONE CENTRAL MESSAGE. (Oliseh should place round pegs in round holes and so on in order to see his tactics really click).

When the chips are really down (vs. Egypt) I wanna know if he'll have the guts to play a midfield 3 of Onazi, Igboun and Onobi.

I wanna know if Obaraokpo will pair any of our central defenders.

I wanna know if Akas will start ahead of Madu and Echiejile.

The local lads did ok BUT WE HAVE MUCH BETTER OPTIONS THERE. Only Ezekiel Bassey (among the local players invited) can try tie down a starting shirt in this team for now. (But that'll be tough coz Musa is skipper and Moses Victor is still in the picture).

So pls, don't tell me to close my eyes to wrongs when it's obvious we got the solution right in front of us.

Oliseh is a fine tactician but his not-so-good player management skills gotta improve before it hurts him real bad.

When Manu failed we all (well, most of us actually) hit him but didn't deny his tactical genius. He's back now as U-20 coach and I'm super excited.

Same with Oliseh, I believe in his tactical philosophy but he's making some "funny" school boy mistakes in trying to execute them. Period!!!!!!!!!

It's not about you expecting me to just support without giving "constructive criticism".
Constructive Criticism never hurts anybody who wants to grow and seriously get better.

You hate Mikel but love Oliseh. You support his benching him just because he's the team's boss.

**too bad**

Well hate him or love him, Mikel is Indeed Nigeria's Best midfielder in the Super Eagles for now.

If you don't like it...... Fine!!!!! Go take a hike!!!!

And School and Research program is going well, thank you. My hopkins program is winding down for the year. By early next year, we're gonna hit top gear again.

**smiles** I don't enjoy epistles that much but I gotta say "all" I gotta say "some times"

And pleaaassseeee!!!!!!!!!! Cut the crap about your hating epistles. The first 2 weeks I joined NL, your long epistles always stood out......... So stop saying that!!!

**smiles**

kannymoore:

Bros..

End of story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read / Eto’o Is The Father Of Erika Do Rosario Nieves, 22-year-old Spanish - Court / Kazuyoshi Miura Playing Actively At 53! World's Oldest Professional Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.