Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,557 members, 7,770,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:42 AM

Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (55219 Views)

Poll: Who do you think is the King of Naija Swallow?

Eba: 19% (11 votes)
Akpu (Fufu): 17% (10 votes)
Amala: 8% (5 votes)
Pounded yam: 53% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / Eba Eating Food Competition ( OMG!!! See Swallow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by 9ja4eva: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
Na Poundo oh.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by mamagee3(f): 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2010
Akpu is the reigning solid food in Nigeria
Although it stinks
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by TheLight2: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
Simply simple.
Ponded yam.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Dimka76(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2010
Its a close tie btw akpu and pounded yam, infact they can be combined ,but akpu stinks. However it has a major advantage over pounded yam, it can stay for long without preservation unlike pounded yam that will go bad in hours. Eba is friendly, easy to make but a bit insipid. Amala can be wondaful if u cultivate the taste, very smooth, unlike abrasive eba, but you need like a ton to really get you there if you really ravenous.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by maedan(f): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2010
Poundy is definitely king. It's healthy, rich and tastes great!! Tho' my favourite has to be Amala: very light and smooth. Eba and fufu are last-resort swallows for me tongue.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by abbeyemmy(f): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2010
poundy for lyf, as a real KOGITE, REAL OKUN WOMAN na pounded yam with egunsi soup garnished wit palm oil,ugwu leaf or spinach, ati eran igbe(bush meat)
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Moyola(f): 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2010
I used to avva thing for fufu. . .buh itz bn ages!

Eba's alwayz dunnit 4 me! tongue
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2010
It's Amala for me. . . kiss
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Fhemmmy: 12:47am On Apr 23, 2010
Your wallet will determine the king
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by abbeyemmy(f): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2010
always poundy,stressful,but tasty.
I don't like it as in not my favourite but its d king of all food
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by kieryn(f): 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
Neither, at my house we eat oat fufu.

, I call everything Fu-fu. And I thought eba was just another word for fufu. I dont know the diffrence except for pounded yam. Care to explain.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Moyola(f): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2010
kieryn:

Neither, at my house we eat oat fufu.

, I call everything Fu-fu. And I thought eba was just another word for fufu. I dont know the diffrence except for pounded yam. Care to explain.

Cassava = Fufu

Cooked Yam - Pounded = Pounded yam

Cassava - Garri = Eba

Yam Rind - Powder aka Elubo = Amala

Happy? tongue
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by kieryn(f): 4:30am On Apr 24, 2010
@Moyola

Thanks. I get it. cheesy
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Bona1: 4:37am On Apr 24, 2010
I like fufu, hope you will send me just a plate
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by JJay2(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2010
Okorobia gini ka iriri were kpara ume? Akpu!!!
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by sammyjay441: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
Amala
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Idoroson: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2012
We hav 2 eat all becoz as a black man or woman it our tradation we can change it
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by ikechukz(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
AKPU 4 LIFE
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Bluemoon1(f): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
ifyalways: Toyo that is ghana's fufu ooo not 9ja own cheesy they pound and turn at same time plus the style of preparation and stuffs used are not same as the 9ja fufu(akup)
Ghanaians fufu is made with unripe plantain and raw cassava.Boiled together till its soft then pound.One person pounds,the other person turns. . . .quiet tedious cheesy
BTW that Egusi needs some bitterleaf. cheesy cheesy cheesy it looks so plain and dry.rofl
i know the ogoni people make this too. its called onunu

by the way , i choose eba. easier to make.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Rossikk(m): 2:33am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by arthgideon: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
i like Plantain flour, Rice Flour, Semo, Pounded Yam

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Meals Twitter User Made With Less Than 3k!!! / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) / Delicious Or Detestable? See How Frogs Are Prepared In Benue (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.